What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

First job of the year done, Changed my fuel filter.
The old filter was the factory unit dated 10/05, replaced with the same OEM filter purchased off Ebay £22.99.
Removed the fuel pump fuse and run the car until it stops, about less than a minute, to reduce the pressure when removing the pipes.
Easy job really, only one issue a stud on the tank strap that holds the coverbroke off, it was totally corroded, cant understand why they used a metal nut as the others are plastic.
Any way a bit of the stud is still there, need to find a way of holding the cover that side.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Yep, had the exact same problem Richard, I think i opted to affix it with some heavy-duty cable ties in the end, been fine ever since.

25! Wow that is low - are you just blatting it everywhere!?

Even when pushing on, I normally get around 28-30

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
its improved this week with the refitting of the OE cat but with the decat it did drink a bit more .

Plenty of ways to get a cable tie to work Richard, whichever is easiest for you. :thumbs up:

Reactions: norad97
More progress on project B7!

@NHN has been very busy, and has got the puddle lighting sorted as well as the new bumper on with the headlight washers in preparation for the xenons!

Puddle lights (should have waited until it was darker before taking pics!):

IMG 0642

IMG 0637

IMG 0639

Nigel did the full OEM retrofit for these, which means wiring it into the convenience module (which required an additional plug) so when a door is opened, the corresponding puddle light comes on individually. Really happy with the result and takes the interior up a notch especially at night time. Looks really smart, highly recommend this mod!

And the new bumper with the headlight washers in preparation for the new xenon lights to be fitted (so it's all compliant, as xenons require both self levelling and headlight washers to be legal in the UK):

IMG 0662

IMG 0656

Really happy with the bumper, another great find by Nigel. It's in fantastic condition, with the only observable defect being a slight parking ding just below the towing eye cutout. This will be sorted in due time though, the most important thing was finding one in good condition with unbroken mounts as well as the headlight washer hardware - seems to be really hard to find bumpers with that in now. The new bumper mounts have not yet been installed and adjusted as it will be off again soon to put the lights in, once that's done we will get it all aligned and the bonnet gap closed up.

Overall really pleased with the progress, thanks again to Nigel for his outstanding work and attention to detail, as well as helping me out on several things. Cheers mate :)

Next step, xenons in :sunglasses:

Reactions: Charlie Farley, Rob Avant, Jamsmoo and 1 other person
Nice! Makes me really want to get my footwell lights wired in

Xeons will transform the car :)

Reactions: NM07

@NHN has been very busy, and has got the puddle lighting sorted as well as the new bumper on with the headlight washers in preparation for the xenons!

View attachment 254273
View attachment 254274
View attachment 254275
Nigel did the full OEM retrofit for these, which means wiring it into the convenience module (which required an additional plug) so when a door is opened, the corresponding puddle light comes on individually. Really happy with the result and takes the interior up a notch especially at night time. Looks really smart, highly recommend this mod!

And the new bumper with the headlight washers in preparation for the new xenon lights to be fitted (so it's all compliant, as xenons require both self levelling and headlight washers to be legal in the UK):

View attachment 254276
View attachment 254278
Really happy with the bumper, another great find by Nigel. It's in fantastic condition, with the only observable defect being a slight parking ding just below the towing eye cutout. This will be sorted in due time though, the most important thing was finding one in good condition with unbroken mounts as well as the headlight washer hardware - seems to be really hard to find bumpers with that in now. The new bumper mounts have not yet been installed and adjusted as it will be off again soon to put the lights in, once that's done we will get it all aligned and the bonnet gap closed up.

Overall really pleased with the progress, thanks again to Nigel for his outstanding work and attention to detail, as well as helping me out on several things. Cheers mate :)

Get that ding sorted and that looks concourse show quality

Nice! Makes me really want to get my footwell lights wired in

Xeons will transform the car :)
Definitely worth doing mate, looks fantastic at night, and as you already have the door card lights it would compliment it perfectly :)

Get that ding sorted and that looks concourse show quality

Thanks mate, that's very kind of you to say. Don't get me wrong, it's got a few marks on it but for a 15 year old car I'm very happy with how it looks :)

Reactions: Jamsmoo

View attachment 254273
View attachment 254274
View attachment 254275

View attachment 254276
View attachment 254278

Great work chap, I hope you supplied Nigel with plenty of liquid refreshments too:yes:

looks spankingly clean again, the interior lighting upgrade is well worth doing if it wasn't a factory fit, makes such a big improvement to the cabin.
since your going xenon , had you considered the adaptive version , it just tops the xenon pack off so well.

Anyway, great stuff chap.

And i can see another mark in the cabin, so i can only award you 99 out of 100 this time around. :yes:

Great work chap, I hope you supplied Nigel with plenty of liquid refreshments too:yes:

looks spankingly clean again, the interior lighting upgrade is well worth doing if it wasn't a factory fit, makes such a big improvement to the cabin.
since your going xenon , had you considered the adaptive version , it just tops the xenon pack off so well.

Anyway, great stuff chap.
I did my best to keep the tea flowing in my gaps between work! I'm a coffee man through and through though so my tea making skills are a bit lacking, but I did get a compliment from Nigel on the tea today so I must be improving! :laugh:

Nigel has kindly sourced the xenon headlamps for me and I've got them here, part number:

IMG 0647

I've had a google and can't work out if these are the adaptive versions or not! I'm not particularly fussed either way as what I'm most interested in with this swap is a) looks and b) improved light output, but if these did have it then that would be the cherry on the cake!

The adaptives turn as the car turns, low speed of course.
great for parking in unlit locations and when turning.

Here are the new xenons, can't wait to get them installed! I'm in two minds about the amber lenses, I know most people prefer the clear corners (I currently have clear corners on mine) but I'm quite liking the look of the amber breaking things up a bit, especially since my car is silver. Might stick with it for a while and can always change it down the line if I fancy changing things up!

IMG 0664

Planning on giving them a full wet sand, compound and polish once they're on the car so they look like new again :)

The adaptives turn as the car turns, low speed of course.
Is it possible to tell from the part number above if they are adaptive or not? Having a hard time matching that part number exactly on 7zap (soooo many different ones lol) and google won't tell me if its adaptive or not

That's what I find really infuriating about Audi , spec varies so much.
I had a shed load of options fitted in my bus inc adaptive Xenons , RS4 RARB , all the interior pack stuff , trim etc, loads but they couldn't fit BT/RNS-E or cruise control...bonkers.
had Nigel fit cruise when he did my RS4 FBSW config, just a shame it wasn't fitted when new.

Headlight washer stalks bugged the hell out of me for months leading up to mot time ,one day near side worked ,offside didn’t next day vise versa ,then they’d both work.Never did get to the bottom of it but it passed so I’m trying keep the particular bee our my bonnet .it’ll be going to the same tester this year

Been there too James, well still am on the driver's side, sometimes it retracts as it should, other times it just won't go fully back flush without a gentle helping hand.
MOT has never been an issue with it over the last 18months as it does squirt when required, I know what it needs just not willing to pay audi prices for a new one at the moment.

Reactions: Jamsmoo
Would anyone kindly help me identify? Struggling :sweatsmile: Part numbers I've got are:

8E0 941 030 AT
8EO 941 003 AN

Been there too James, well still am on the driver's side, sometimes it retracts as it should, other times it just won't go fully back flush without a gentle helping hand.
MOT has never been an issue with it over the last 18months as it does squirt when required, I know what it needs just not willing to pay audi prices for a new one at the moment.

Naughty little o ring that had lost its elasticity..stalk popped out ok but didn’t like retracting

Naughty little o ring that had lost its elasticity..stalk popped out ok but didn’t like retracting

Tried silicone grease but to no avail,the outward motion dislodged it and it wouldn’t go back without a shove

Here are the new xenons, can't wait to get them installed! I'm in two minds about the amber lenses, I know most people prefer the clear corners (I currently have clear corners on mine) but I'm quite liking the look of the amber breaking things up a bit, especially since my car is silver. Might stick with it for a while and can always change it down the line if I fancy changing things up!

View attachment 254294

Planning on giving them a full wet sand, compound and polish once they're on the car so they look like new again :)
The Amber lens is a bit of a marmite thing for me, having only had the later clears from the factory on my old bus I feel they give the front end a cleaner and newer look , especially on a black bus, but just my personal preference .
they look in very good condtion aswell.

Thanks Rob! So both are fixed lens, non adaptive, is that correct?

Also, how did you work that out so easily! I must be doing something wrong :laugh:
As they say, " you must learn the magical way" lol

• Haha
And yes they are fixed lens so no sideways movement possible, still so much better than non xenon offerings.

Would anyone kindly help me identify? Struggling :sweatsmile: Part numbers I've got are:

8E0 941 030 AT
8EO 941 003 AN
Not certain on the Amber corner Xenons

But facelift/clear AFS/Adaptives
8E0 941 004 BQ
8E0 941 003 BQ

And yes they are fixed lens so no sideways movement possible, still so much better than non xenon offerings.
I was a bit worried these may be different in some way due to the different suffix? AT vs AN?

8E0 941 030 AT
8EO 941 003 AN

I'm assuming 030 vs 003 indicates passenger vs driver?

I was a bit worried these may be different in some way due to the different suffix? AT vs AN?

8E0 941 030 AT
8EO 941 003 AN

I'm assuming 030 vs 003 indicates passenger vs driver?
correct, 030AT is right and 003AN is left .