What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Would anyone happen to know what size bolt I need to fasten in the foot rest? Mine has never had a bolt in it since I got the car and now and again it slips off and drives me mad... Happened again this morning and I would really like the shiny new one to stay in place :sweatsmile: I've tried to track it down on 7Zap but I can't see it listed anywhere...
it's there with the size.

just for you chap.

Thanks to my local highways dept the latest addition to our local road network in the form of a width restriction to supposedly stops vans down our local village road, it also stops most cars too due to the brainless designer that didn't appreciate some cars can be wider than a Fiat 500.
needless to say, i will making a complaint for compensation along with pics of the offending width restriction and pics of the space left to pass throught it, what was the guy thinking when he made his calculations .
Totally wrecked an immaculate OZ rim this afternoon.
IMG 4835
IMG 4836

• Sad
Reactions: NM07
It's a right pain in the backside.
There is a width sign which my car is clearly well within before the narrowing but i've measured it and although you can pass the poles on either side without mirror contact, it's almost impossible to get through the gap without the wheels catching the raised kerbs, probably half an inch at most to spare either side and it's on an angle so you cant get lined up 100% straight on.
It's only been there for a short time and already looks like someone has been at it with a pickaxe with chunks and scuffs on the kerbs.

Just trying to find out what local authority to make a claim against.

It is the same local authority that appears to think that speed bumps, the squares ones in the middle of each lane have to be so high that anything lower than a lorry cant pass over them without ripping off half the undertray and exhaust mounts etc.

You have to remember Rob that most oftentimes the people who create these laws and so forth only see cars as a vessel to get to and from places and nothing more. They won't really give consideration to any other factors except if the route of travel let's someone get to their intended destination.

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Just found a link and i'm not alone.

No no no.
Not good enough. You should be down there with your trowel relaying the curb stone's yourself, whilst handing out cheques for damaged alloys
1f602.png
1f602.png

T…
See more

and

agree with that David, however, there might be other ways of achieving it without damaging residents cars. I drove through at a snail's pace this morning and still hit the kerb.

Just trying to find out what local authority to make a claim against.

Spent weeks being pushed from one council to the other to highways and back ,had to get two wheels straightened and provide invoices,many hoops were jumped through but 6 months later I got paid out ,
They rely on peoples apathy ..stick with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Now ones damaged I may change them , get the one refurbed and some sort of comp from the local council and go with something else.
maybe these again.

Got my headrest tubes installed to the rear bench, so fitted the headrests and finally the interior swap is complete! The tubes with the buttons were on back order so took a bit longer to arrive.

IMG 0601

And an (admittedly small) milestone reached just as I got home after work!

7830E9A6 EFF4 4C76 AF79 3B45D91195CC 1 201 a

Reactions: Rob Avant, tr7 and Charlie Farley
Got my headrest tubes installed to the rear bench, so fitted the headrests and finally the interior swap is complete! The tubes with the buttons were on back order so took a bit longer to arrive.

View attachment 253832

View attachment 253834
Looks really good.:icon thumright:

So xenons next then chap.

Thanks Rob!

Nigel has done a fantastic job of hunting down all the parts we'll need to get the xenons installed. He even managed to source a front bumper in my paint code with the headlight washer parts already fitted so that was a massive score. I wanted it done as OEM with levelling and washers so it's fully compliant with UK law so it's taken a bit longer to get all parts together. Hopefully not long to go now! :happy: Saw a stunning dark blue RS4 B7 on the way to work this morning with the xenons lit up, looked amazing.

Next thing on the list is finishing off the footwell lights install which will be a great addition come winter time. Will post pics once that's all in :smiley:

Can't thank @NHN enough for all the help he's given me, he's been absolutely brilliant. Thanks mate :thumbs up:

Reactions: tr7 and Charlie Farley
Thanks Rob!

Nigel has done a fantastic job of hunting down all the parts we'll need to get the xenons installed. He even managed to source a front bumper in my paint code with the headlight washer parts already fitted so that was a massive score. I wanted it done as OEM with levelling and washers so it's fully compliant with UK law so it's taken a bit longer to get all parts together. Hopefully not long to go now! :happy: Saw a stunning dark blue RS4 B7 on the way to work this morning with the xenons lit up, looked amazing.

Next thing on the list is finishing off the footwell lights install which will be a great addition come winter time. Will post pics once that's all in :smiley:

Can't thank @NHN enough for all the help he's given me, he's been absolutely brilliant. Thanks mate :thumbs up:
He'll be needing extra biscuits now. :icon thumright:

These arrived today :hearteyes: Not looking forward to fitting them lol

TempImageEmOGu7

Reactions: Fully, Rob Avant, Charlie Farley and 1 other person
they look expensive aswell.
They weren't the cheapest that's for sure :sweatsmile: But all the used sets I saw on eBay had the rubber sections worn down from years of use and that would have bugged the hell out of me lol

Reactions: tr7
The TDI may not be as fast as the TFSI, but it always impresses me with what it can do on a tank of fuel!

96BE2689 ACEB 4FF3 85AC 3E2BB313A952 1 201 a

Blast it, was hoping to find some specs of dust in that pic, nope spanking clean everywhere. :icon thumright:

My secret is my little Ryobi battery powered air compressor lol, makes keeping on top of dust a breeze :) Can't recommend it enough

maxresdefault.jpg

The TDI may not be as fast as the TFSI, but it always impresses me with what it can do on a tank of fuel!

View attachment 253886

:)

These arrived today :hearteyes: Not looking forward to fitting them lol

View attachment 253853

Good man

The originals are easier to get off than the New ones to put on.

Take a look at which is which coming off your existing pedals, as you'll see the clutch and brake pedal covers are mirrored

Soak them in a jug of boiling water for a 5-10mins is my only advice

Congrats, it seems simply but was one of my first mods on my S-Line that really freshened up the interior before I bought my SE

Interior swaps are no joke on your own! I've never done a saloon but those rear seats in an Avant on your own aint fun :tearsofjoy:

Looks mint

View attachment 253832

View attachment 253834

Interior swaps are no joke on your own! I've never done a saloon but those rear seats in an Avant on your own aint fun :tearsofjoy:

Looks mint
Thanks mate! :)

Completely agree, I'm only 5'7", and I have to say lugging the front seats in and out wasn't easy, was terrified I was gonna scratch up the trim and sill with the seat rail!

Got the saloon back today from the garage, full service, 4 new injectors and a new tandem pump and the misfire at idle and low throttle is completely gone. Runs smooth as silk now, chuffed to bits. A/C compressor clutch replaced too as it had gone and was clicking all the time and driving me up the wall.

Although unfortunately the drain plug for the gearbox is rounded off (made of soft aluminium) so it's going back next Wednesday to have that sorted as well as an MoT. Collecting the new drain plug from VW tomorrow (generic VAG part). There's always got to be something that goes wrong hasn't there :sweatsmile:

Got the saloon back today from the garage, full service, 4 new injectors and a new tandem pump and the misfire at idle and low throttle is completely gone. Runs smooth as silk now, chuffed to bits. A/C compressor clutch replaced too as it had gone and was clicking all the time and driving me up the wall.

Although unfortunately the drain plug for the gearbox is rounded off (made of soft aluminium) so it's going back next Wednesday to have that sorted as well as an MoT. Collecting the new drain plug from VW tomorrow (generic VAG part). There's always got to be something that goes wrong hasn't there :sweatsmile:
That's a few jobs out of the way chap, plus a couple to do.:icon thumright:

Sadly for all us B7 owners, there will always be something to repair, just a matter of when not if, that's life owning and running an older car.:sadlike:

My old bus is in for its MOT in two weeks time, i'm fully expecting it to fail so a pass will be a welcome bonus.

You still got the sports cat in there, or gone back to the stock one?

nope, currently has a full 3" decat , and it will never ever get through with that on.
As much as i really dont want to be swapping back to the OE unit it will be required .

It's a good thing I've done this swap over milarchy quite a few times now so it won't take too long or give me grief..lol