What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Some crucial repair work needed before doing anything else.
IMG 1746
IMG 1750
IMG 1751

Still, they were a good price and for the most part in very good condition , no tears or burns etc so i was happy to do the repairs etc, and they were B7 seats , not B6 ones.

I'm still on the lookout for the parts to add the seat position memory function.
Not that many others get in my driving seat, but having spent some time getting the ultimate driving position only to lose it when moving seats back or something is somewhat annoying.
If I had the mem function I could store it and have less hassle getting back to that perfect position.

May need to find a rough set with the function and use just the parts I need.

New interior lights arrived today, they cleaned up very well

IMG 0418

And the all important ambient light :laugh:

IMG 0419

Will get them installed a bit later :thumbs up:

Reactions: tr7 and Jamsmoo
All done :sunglasses:
IMG 0427

IMG 0432
IMG 0426
Gives a nice subtle glow on the aluminum trim even when it's still fairly light out. Happy with the result!
IMG 0428

Unfortunately, after fitting the new rear light I found out it's broken :sadlike: Someone has taken it apart in the past and butchered it back together... Will track down another one.

Reactions: Rob Avant, Jamsmoo and Charlie Farley
Reactions: NM07
Thanks Rob!

It's the bit of wear in front of the handbrake isn't it :p Really annoys me but not worth replacing the centre console over... yet :laugh:

Nope, but I had noticed that bit..lol
keep looking .

• Haha
The chrome ring around the 12v socket is slightly tarnished and needs a polish...is it that? :laugh:

Reactions: Charlie Farley
bingo...:yahoo:

yep, i noticed it has been afflicted by the dreaded alloy tarnishing etc.

Cigar2

Ooh that sounds much neater! I didn't know you could get flip over assemblies... Presume you've done it on yours? Any pics to share :smiley:

I have the parts just haven't got around to it yet, but it's on my never-ending B7 bus to-do list in the next few weeks.

• Love
Part 38 , you need a couple of bits to complete the swapover but not a costly mod.

Well that looks far smarter, will definitely be getting one of those! Thanks for the heads up! Would you mind scrolling down on that page to item 38 or send me a link so I can grab part numbers please Rob :smug:

MInes is in a box somewhere in the garage so i can't easily check if it one or two parts you need so just check the parts schematic for your application.

Well that looks far smarter, will definitely be getting one of those! Thanks for the heads up! Would you mind scrolling down on that page to item 38 or send me a link so I can grab part numbers please Rob :smug:
you need this part and it's the only part.
8E0863284B 6PS if your interior is Soul Black

Fitted a inlet with no flaps today. Now need to find a working ASV and fit that and hopefully itll stop going into limp mode on the motorway

Fitted a inlet with no flaps today. Now need to find a working ASV and fit that and hopefully itll stop going into limp mode on the motorway

Asv ‘s stay open when they are broken ,they get rid of “shudder” when shutting down the engine when working correctly,can’t see how a new one will get rid of limp mode

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG 0242

eBay specials arrived ,work fine but I’ll be soldering in new male spade connections as the connectors these arrived with aren’t great so I’ve had to use some electrical tape to ensure they stayed in place

Reactions: Rob Avant and Charlie Farley
Everytime time I see that image it just reminds me of Captain Scarlet and the mysterons.. :thumbs up:

Reactions: norad97 and Rob Avant
Correction,I’m glad Im not quite old enough to understand that reference

Reactions: Charlie Farley
It's an oldie thing James, if you were wee lad back in the late 60's and into 70's you'd know all about captain scarlet etc.

Had an issue with my asv on my brd a4 ,I found an a3 bkd asv that worked for a fraction of the cost and the electrical connections were a sealed unit unlike the a4s which is what caused my issue

Reactions: :: blade ::
Asv ‘s stay open when they are broken ,they get rid of “shudder” when shutting down the engine when working correctly,can’t see how a new one will get rid of limp mode

Yea i know, its confusing. It was stuck shut when i took it off. Not sure what else wpuld.make it go into limp mode now as was told it would be the flaps in the inlet only other thing i can think of is to get the turbo cleaned

Yea i know, its confusing. It was stuck shut when i took it off. Not sure what else wpuld.make it go into limp mode now as was told it would be the flaps in the inlet only other thing i can think of is to get the turbo cleaned

Have you tried unplugging the maf sensor and taking it for a spin ,at least it’ll rule that out

Shut when you took it off would suggest it works