What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Big fan of the coin tray too, gives the top right side of the centre console a purpose rather than highlighting missing options/features :laugh: For some reason I could never find a chrome trimmed one available for sale in the UK, perhaps the model years that had the chrome accents just weren't available with a coin holder over here? I ended up buying this one from the US and getting it sent over as the chrome ones seemed much more available over there.

I ended up returning the Pioneer I fitted last week as I wasn't that impressed with it (it was very laggy), and replaced it with a Sony XAV-AX5650. Much happier with it, screen is bigger, and the interface is much quicker, feels as good as a smartphone. :happy:

I also ditched the standard fitting kit and went with a premium one from Enfig car audio in the USA (they are fantastic, highly recommend them). They paint the surround to match the trim perfectly. Really happy with it!

5KCBmCM.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob Avant, Sidrick and Fully
Where did you get your decals from Alex and did you do anything extra to keep them on.
Got 18Z i need to repaint and get a few bits for before i fit them.
Just ebay for the decals if i remember correctly, and no just stook them on and they've been fine so far

Reactions: Fully
Thought id replace the clutch switch again as i thought the non gen one i fitted 2or 3 years ago was acting up. I ordered and fitted a genuine replacement from tps, only to find it made the car 10x worse. Rung TPS to get it exchanged as it must be a faulty part and they want me to take it to a dealer and let them diagnose the part as being faulty and claim on the parts warranty for a replacement. If Audi say the part is fine i then have to foot the dealers diagnostic fee!

Anyhoo, refitted the old switch and flushed the £24 i spent on the genuine item down the swanny, so may look at buying another cheapo one at some point.

Very disappointing state of affairs with TPS at the moment unfortunately.

• Angry
Yes TPS aren't what they used to be, but frankly wouldn't have been mentioning issues to them, just simply return unused part.

Did you buy as an individual or work account?

Don't think you're having the same issue I had, as mine is TDI.

First step to me as said in PM is get VCDS on it and check the car is seeing the switch functioning at all

Reactions: AvantAlexB7
Finally got round to replacing the rear wiper motor this morning. I went with a valeo variant as its an oe replacement part and now im looking forward to being able to see through the back window again! Its been an especially dirty winter so far up my end as we've had no rain to wash the salt away. How people cope with "wiper deletes" this time of year is beyond me!

Also attempted to fit the second lot of replacement sunvisor clips i sourced from ebay and yet again they've broken as the clip is too tight on the cheap ones, so it looks like i need to source some genuine items instead.

Finally got round to replacing the rear wiper motor this morning. I went with a valeo variant as its an oe replacement part and now im looking forward to being able to see through the back window again! Its been an especially dirty winter so far up my end as we've had no rain to wash the salt away. How people cope with "wiper deletes" this time of year is beyond me!

Also attempted to fit the second lot of replacement sunvisor clips i sourced from ebay and yet again they've broken as the clip is too tight on the cheap ones, so it looks like i need to source some genuine items instead.
Literally just fitted a wiper delete to the mrs A3 last night, a general quick detailer will keep the rain beading off but unfortunately don’t stop dirt, you just need to wash it more often lol

Literally just fitted a wiper delete to the mrs A3 last night, a general quick detailer will keep the rain beading off but unfortunately don’t stop dirt, you just need to wash it more often lol
Hey to each his own, or what ever the saying is Ricky! Its not for me personally. I park on a busy road at work and the whole nearside and front and rear are getting caked in salt and dirt through the day which makes visibility a pain at the minute, so getting the wiper back make things a little easier!

Reactions: Ricky Burrows
Not physically done anything to the car today, but have been on a road trip to buy a few bits and cleaned them up.
Hopefully get them all fitted tomorrow weather and time depending.

Agreed to PX my B7 3.2 Avant for a C6 3.0TFSI Avant, got to put it back to standard now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ricky Burrows
Ok first 1 is a spot the difference (on my car)
Before
E3GGcZy.jpg

After
nj46bHs.jpg

Bought myself a new half leather/alcantara interior for a canny price.
Although it was a bit grimy when i got it, it came up well after a Rugdoctor session on it.
Before
8majJck.jpg

After
Qoyc3YA.jpg

BqhktoE.jpg

Didn't get everything i wanted to done, so got more to do tomorrow (hopefully good weather again).

Before
E3GGcZy.jpg

After
nj46bHs.jpg

Although it was a bit grimy when i got it, it came up well after a Rugdoctor session on it.
Before
8majJck.jpg

After
Qoyc3YA.jpg

BqhktoE.jpg

Didn't get everything i wanted to done, so got more to do tomorrow (hopefully good weather again).
Roof bars :)

Now on eBay looking for a card and coin holder… Cheers for that lads, didn’t realise I wasn’t happy with the blanks until tonight!

• Haha
Reactions: Ricky Burrows and Fully
Is it easy to fit, ? Did you just push the airbag light behind.
I just wrapped the light in a cloth to prevent it getting scraped and push it behind, plenty of room

The dash tells you anyway about Airbag status so its no issue

I just wrapped the light in a cloth to prevent it getting scraped and push it behind, plenty of room

The dash tells you anyway about Airbag status so its no issue
Hi, yes that is what I thought, now the removal video posted above, but if there is not one fitted cant you just remove the blanks and esp and push into the open space?

Hi, yes that is what I thought, now the removal video posted above, but if there is not one fitted cant you just remove the blanks and esp and push into the open space?
The blanks just push out and the ESP and airbag need disconnecting then pushed out, then the ESP button goes back in beside the tray

Almost certain you can remove the coin tray etc from above without the radio being removed.

Don't see a reason why the radio needs to come out

Top panel surround of the console/dash and then a flat head straight down to release the. clip and it pulls out

These bits here stop from pulling it out with stereo in place.
uCZdnw3.jpg

It does mention it in the tutorial i linked

I was going to do that swap but it won't work in my old bus due to having the parking sensor deactivate switch next to the hazards.:bye:
Audio5

Before
E3GGcZy.jpg

After
nj46bHs.jpg

Before
8majJck.jpg

After
Qoyc3YA.jpg

BqhktoE.jpg

Is the Alcantara ok? I don't believe it wears very well.
I've fitted half leather, half cloth in mine.

Change my exhaust centre section.
It's the price we pay for having cars that are so durable, even at nearly 14 years old it was the original one and I had to chop it through from the rear section.
I'd already bought a good cat back complete genuine exhaust from Fleabay rather than fit a new replacement, this one should out live my car.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Fitted mine today, easy job to do, the hardest part is finding a card box in very good condition

Attachments

• PXL_20220206_104438674.jpg
    PXL_20220206_104438674.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 54
  • PXL_20220206_104449107.jpg
    PXL_20220206_104449107.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 52
Reactions: Rob Avant, tr7, Donfero and 2 others
I was going to do that swap but it won't work in my old bus due to having the parking sensor deactivate switch next to the hazards.:bye:
View attachment 249445
you could put the parking sensor next to the tray instead of the ESP.

Is the Alcantara ok? I don't believe it wears very well.
I've fitted half leather, half cloth in mine.
Yeah it was decent especially for the price i got it all, and i did give it a good clean too.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
you could put the parking sensor next to the tray instead of the ESP.

Yeah it was decent especially for the price i got it all, and i did give it a good clean too.
ESP is a functioning switch so cant take that out, coin tray takes 3 slots and i only have 2 , so looks like a no go .

I sometimes like to explore the limits of the Quattro :thumbs up: .

Reactions: Bobbytea and Rob Avant