What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

That said my old bus isnt worth a lot these days and its no longer my daily , so it has become a project car , keeps me busy these days. :icon thumright:
That's good, you can play without worrying.

I sold my insignia as soon as i got mine, big mistake really. It was a boring car in every way, including being reliable and cheap to run. Shouldve just kept it on this market.

So those deemed worthy have today decided that I can drive my car for another year but they would like me to monitor the slightly worn outer bushes in the front lower arms
New arms or press some better bushes in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Charlie Farley
So those deemed worthy have today decided that I can drive my car for another year but they would like me to monitor the slightly worn outer bushes in the front lower arms
New arms or press some better bushes in

That’s good news , well apart from the bushes needing replacements, but they all wear at some point.
Another year done as they say.

Reactions: Jamsmoo
Found myself browsing autotrader this afternoon, no specific reason but did happen to find this, and now i desire it. :icon thumright:

cracking piece of hardware .

Wondering why my car wouldn’t start then found all the old repeat faults so straight to main relays 644 to find traces of water ingress so new relays ordered .
e6841006b1d96b665a10313210c50eed.jpg

Found myself browsing autotrader this afternoon, no specific reason but did happen to find this, and now i desire it. :icon thumright:

cracking piece of hardware .
I was on ebay the other day actually, looking at B7s. Came across a bit of a rare one in A4 B7 avant format. 3.0 v6 fsi, manual box and a boat load of options, was in an interesting "exclusive" shade of green too.

It's one of those things Alex, when your not actively looking for something, one pops up and 99.9% of the time it's really nice..
I'd like to have seen that too. :yes:

I'm never actively looking for something else, but that said, if something dropped in my lap and ticked all the boxes it may well be a different situation:yes:

It's one of those things Alex, when your not actively looking for something, one pops up and 99.9% of the time it's really nice..
I'd like to have seen that too. :yes:
Its still on there i believe, i like it but dont think i could buy it because of the colour, although its nice and different, i dont think i could own a car in that colour

New relays fitted . Car started first time . Now to fit ecu cover so water doesn’t get in and knacker more 30quid each relays lol

Reactions: Inertiauk and Fully
Its still on there i believe, i like it but dont think i could buy it because of the colour, although its nice and different, i dont think i could own a car in that colour
Thats one very green B7, even too green for me and I like green as a paintwork colour.

Reactions: AvantAlexB7
Bought myself a set of roof rails from a scrap yard
So I could get them powder coated black which meant I didn’t have to remove the existing ones until I’d picked up from the painters
Didn’t want to be waiting about with holes in the roof
The silver ones will be listed soon

Is there any cheats to getting the roof rails off that you've learnt or have to stick to removing the interior lining etc?

Maybe a bit drastic ..lol
it is a roof lining of job I'm afraid.
I was planning on swapping mine over but really do not wish to get into all that millarchy.
I'm getting a wrapping quote later for the door trims, the guy says he can do the rails too with 100% success.
Finish on the rails probably less than hardwearing from a usage point of view , but i rarely fit the cross bars now so maybe not such an issue.

Reactions: Inertiauk
Maybe a bit drastic ..lol
it is a roof lining of job I'm afraid.
I was planning on swapping mine over but really do not wish to get into all that millarchy.
I'm getting a wrapping quote later for the door trims, the guy says he can do the rails too with 100% success.
Finish on the rails probably less than hardwearing from a usage point of view , but i rarely fit the cross bars now so maybe not such an issue.
Haha, cut them off but you still have to take the lining off to fit the new ones.
i've found some that are already painted, just waiting for the guy to remove them for me.

just for info... there's no need to take the headlining off as such. It just drops when you take the bolts out that hold the bars in place.
You have to take the pillar trims out tho.
Swapped mine in a few hours single handed.
Mike

Reactions: Jamsmoo and Charlie Farley
just for info... there's no need to take the headlining off as such. It just drops when you take the bolts out that hold the bars in place.
Mike
That’s handy to know, I’m sill not keen on trim removal though, it always seems to squeak and rattle afterwards.

Last edited:
Mike
How much trim Mike?

Is there any cheats to getting the roof rails off that you've learnt or have to stick to removing the interior lining etc?

No tricks or cheats really
But you can get to the bolts without removing as much trim as you’d expect
Boot trim and rear passenger seat headlining trim
And all grab handles ,managed to get to the bolts at the front without removing the headliner trim ,remove a bolt hidden behind the grab rail and the trim moves enough to get an extension and socket in

Reactions: Fully
eb11f28e96b69b7038fbc6ec0c300053.jpg

That’s as much trim as I took out .You have to undo the bolts holding the airbags so disconnect battery to be safe

I always find this after doing an audio install with amps and components etc. There is always a pannel or 2 that never goes back like new, even jf you buy all new clips for stuff.

Needless to say the OEM bose will be staying in mine.
I'm not worried about doing the swap over, it's the high possibility everything will squeak, rattle or something afterwards .
I removed a bit of trim last year and it went back on ok, but it's always squeaking now, really annoying sometimes.

I may just let the wrap guy do them in my chosen colour and see how it goes.

Rob the b8 A4 suffers from the most annoying door rubber squeeks! So after getting the heads up from someone in the b8 section I bought some silicone paste and compared to the pricey spray Audi sell for the job it actually works 100%
Don't know if you could apply it on th bit of trim? It would have to be on a unexposed bit though as it is a bit messy!

Bit more MOT prep today. New rear discs and pads fitted and nearly the rear brake lines, but unfortunately the unions to the solid pipes are seized solid, so some more extra work will be needed there. Also cured an annoying rattle which was coming from the n/s/r backing plate as one of the screws had fallen out.

Next did the rear shock bump stops and covers. Found the n/s shock had absolutely had it, and the o/s not far off. Fitting the new parts seemed wrong when the shocks are shot but will swap them over when the bilstein eventually turn up.

Cleaned and greased the 18z's to try and reduce the squealing only the find one of the pistons is leaking!

And the finish off the one job that went fully to plan was the replacement undertray fitting.

The list just keeps getting longer! Now sat on the fence again whether to spend anymore money on it or just look at replacing the car.

Bottom less pit Alex, it’s the age of these cars more than the mileage.

Reactions: AvantAlexB7
You could buy something else and be in the same position, maybe worse, cars look good from the outside but it is under skin that can’t be seen.

You could buy something else and be in the same position, maybe worse, cars look good from the outside but it is under skin that can’t be seen.
Thats true, often thought of upgrading the a b8 S4 but a good tidy vari9
Are they yours as fitted Alex?
I've had a set for ages, just keep putting them off fitting because the rubber is damn tough.
Were the a big faff to fit?
They are mine in my car yes. I read online there a pig to fit so carefully warmed the rubber with a heat gun and wangled them on. Also read about people dropping them in boiling water to soften the rubber too

Thats true, often thought of upgrading the a b8 S4 but a good tidy vari9

They are mine in my car yes. I read online there a pig to fit so carefully warmed the rubber with a heat gun and wangled them on. Also read about people dropping them in boiling water to soften the rubber too
given what you have spent and parts replaced upgraded i'd be sticking with it, its a nice car Alex.
Every part you fix or replace is another bit less to go wrong etc.

Had a look on ebay this morning and found a set off bilstein b8s in stock for a good price, better than what i would have been paying before from another seller. Hopefully this purchace will work out this time.