What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Yes its annoying really as i have a spare pair of eibachs in the garage, but looking at how its sitting on the snapped side is about what the eibachs would give me roughly, and tbh its a little low for my liking, so ill just looking at replacing with like for like i think.

Also picked up a puncture yesterday morning too in the of of the newish front tyres! I had a leaning pile of Audi! Lol

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Car failed MOT the other day, bracket where the rear sway bar mounts is cracked. Wish I'd seen if before because I spent so much time getting the front suspension tidied up I didn't think there would be anything up with the rear. Also something to think about for those fitting beefier sway bars...
Some come with strengthening plates to be welded in place before installing a thicker bar.
It could maybe be repaired in place but I've gone for a replacement subframe which I'll weld to strengthen and it will give me a chance to see what other bits need freshened up at the same time.
Fun part now is removing the damaged subframe, I couldn't find a how to but it doesn't look too difficult and in a couple of hours made decent progress removing various bits. Mrs just got a 2017 A3 S Line so will borrow that for a few days...

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Sounds like you guys are going through a problematic few weeks , just look on the brightside, they are jobs well done now. :yes: :thumbs up:

Nothing special on the old bus, still need to get the repainted DTM bumper and grill fitted...just not enough hours in the day , working on the TT Quattro aswell so I'm spreading project time across many items..lol
Dtmbl1

Reactions: i3oricua
Think I need a set of 18z’s.

Took the car out early this morning for an old ‘Italian tune up’ and it didn’t want to slow down.

Can I even fit 18z’s behind the SE Ronals?

Changes are a foot on the B7 bus so i won't be using the DTM bumper now, a bit sad really as it is very nice, but i have something else lined up for the front end instead thats probably a bit more in keeping with things.

We are all waiting the next installment :icon thumright:
So am I..lol

DTM bumper is a great looking item but I'm just not 100% it's the right front end on an avant, i kept on look at it in the garage , then at pics on a few avants in different colours.
Maybe its the slightly chin effect of the it, I'm just ......
I then came across another solution that is more in keeping with the avant variant, well works for me that is.
So I've wasted another pocket of cash on another dtm bumper i wont be using, what am i like.
And now my TT needs some project work on it...oh the joys of projects.

Shame I was looking forward to seeing that dtm bumper fitted!
I was always on the look out for an avant with the dtm conversion lol the perfect car in my op :icon thumright:

Reactions: Dan_Avant
How did they manage that Alex... hope they find them.
Well the calipers were fully sealed to prevent paint getting in, i assuming the hight bake temp required to bake powder coat cause a pressure build up inside and propped a piston out, 1 from each caliper. Its the only thing i can think of really as you normally need an airline to remove the pistons by blowing them out. Fingers crossed there found!

Yesterday I took apart the valve cover to inspect the injector harness and crimping the contacts as I suspected bad connection after the car started to misfire and showing a misfire faultcode a while back. The faultcode is gone and I don’t remember if it said cyl3 or what.
I tested all cables in the harness and the injectors with a multimeter but couldn’t find any faults with it. I also adjusted the injectors before I put it together and checked the values in Delphi.

these are the readings right after startup.
AE0FC429 8299 4A0E B6CA 9566888E3BA3

A39A8B62 D6D7 4615 A734 E207F2394746

and after a little while this was the readings on fairly warm engine.
205C7229 439F 4346 B588 6BB51D454DA1

9684A26F A403 4DEC 8B58 4AAABCDB5FC0

so my question is what is normal and is any of these readings abnormal?

The engine ran much better but I can still feel a small misfire every three minutes or so, but no fault code is popping up, I’ve ordered a new harness and fuel filter and performing an injector clean in hopes I don’t have to take the injectors out and fix them up.

Received a nice set of refurbed OE 18" alloys today.

Xenon2

Reactions: Jamsmoo, andymcleary and AvantAlexB7
I've been making lists, calling TPS, making new lists, scouring eBay, making lists...

...but not actually doing anything.

Reactions: Charlie Farley, AvantAlexB7 and MrSaetervik
I've been making lists, calling TPS, making new lists, scouring eBay, making lists...

...but not actually doing anything.
Sounds like 99.9% of us , well at the start of B7 ownership..lol , it goes down hill rapidly after that along with the bank balance .

Reactions: andymcleary
Just about returned for a few days away in the Peak District, safe to say my bus isn't well suited to bumpy country roads, the rear wheels spent a bit of time rubbing the inner arches, but still got some nice pictures once we made it
20210422 194821

20210422 194812

Reactions: tr7, Dan_Avant, Bobbytea and 2 others
The appallingly bumpy roads here in Lincolnshire were a big reason why my rears rubbed when I had 15mm spacers fitted.

In the UK we drive on the left of the road. In Lincolnshire we drive on what's left of the road.

• Haha
Reactions: Dan_Avant and Ricky Burrows
Replaced the hard brittle leaking rocker cover gasket today and ordered a new brake breather booster pipe thing behind the hpfp at a ridiculous cost over £60 something plus vat, finally getting a little motivation to finish the build, will be going to down to book her in for a stage 2+ map tomorrow so need these little jobs sorted so she's in good health ready to explode the clutch on the dyno lol.

Reactions: Dan_Avant and WOMBLERULZ
Been looking at what to do to my engine refresh . I’m doing the flap delete mod on inlet manifold . Does this mean I can get rid of the inlet port flaps /dividers as well and then gas flow the ports as well !!! Help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just about returned for a few days away in the Peak District, safe to say my bus isn't well suited to bumpy country roads, the rear wheels spent a bit of time rubbing the inner arches, but still got some nice pictures once we made it
View attachment 235942
View attachment 235943
Looks great Alex, gave mine a good wash from a month of neglect and every time I see it clean it make me want to spend more money on her lol honestly think the Misano red is one of the nicest if not best Audi colours something about it just pops, in the sun it something else :sunglasses:

Replaced the hard brittle leaking rocker cover gasket today and ordered a new brake breather booster pipe thing behind the hpfp at a ridiculous cost over £60 something plus vat, finally getting a little motivation to finish the build, will be going to down to book her in for a stage 2+ map tomorrow so need these little jobs sorted so she's in good health ready to explode the clutch on the dyno lol.

Let me know how it goes please with remap as I’ll need mine doing soon ...if I ever get time to get motor out lol

Let me know how it goes please with remap as I’ll need mine doing soon ...if I ever get time to get motor out lol

Will do ill see if they can fit me in for first week of May they seem to be booked up a lot lately, they do have a new 4wd dyno in so might be why there getting a few more jobs in, ill post the results up anyway, 280hp and 330ft lbs minimum and id be happy any less ill burn it :)

Reactions: Dan_Avant and WOMBLERULZ
Car started smoking from the front passenger side when I was on the dual carriage way yesterday. Smelt like brakes or clutch.

I had just annihilated an 08 plate Civic type r :whistle2:

Reactions: Ricky Burrows and AvantAlexB7
The appallingly bumpy roads here in Lincolnshire were a big reason why my rears rubbed when I had 15mm spacers fitted.

In the UK we drive on the left of the road. In Lincolnshire we drive on what's left of the road.
Your not wrong there! I regularly tow to Lincolnshire and i must double the distance with the amount of weaving you have to do to dodge the pot holes and lumps! Lol

Reactions: Pie-eyedpiper and Charlie Farley
Looks great Alex, gave mine a good wash from a month of neglect and every time I see it clean it make me want to spend more money on her lol honestly think the Misano red is one of the nicest if not best Audi colours something about it just pops, in the sun it something else :sunglasses:
Cheers Ricky, and you've hit the nail on the head there, im just the same. Mine looks awful especially during winter but a good scrub up does re boot that urge to get some work done

Reactions: Ricky Burrows and Charlie Farley
Hot tip , never have a black or dark coloured car with a gravel drive, totally pointless exercise washing a car sometimes.

• Sad
Reactions: Ricky Burrows and Dan_Avant