What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Did we ever get a definitive answer on bump stops front and rear .If as I’ve read the fronts aren’t required due to built in bump stops how would that go come mot time if the tester isn’t aware b8s are built in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They look a out as good as my ones did.
I put shorter ones on the rear though, so she doesn't bottom out on the stops.

7f3100ab4eaa88d0ef7f01486a47e3b6.jpg

Cut a step off ,sit perfect on the ‘next valley’
Couple of relief cuts to ease them on

Reactions: Dan_Avant
7f3100ab4eaa88d0ef7f01486a47e3b6.jpg

Cut a step off ,sit perfect on the ‘next valley’
Couple of relief cuts to ease them on

I got a pair of Febi ones off eBay.
I think they were from a Golf. I might have the box out in the garage, but looks like you've sorted it now though

I’m in Bristol mate.

Tried Interpro, they won’t touch VAG cars.

Badger5 prefer the 1.8T engine, not so keen once they found out it’s a Quattro TFSI.

Tried Avon Tuning, they won’t touch it.

Retro Resus use APR or Eco Tune for their maps. We’ll see if they get back to me.

Might try TSR in Bridgewater. They use Revo and have a 4WD dyno
What was the reason Avon Tuning wouldn’t touch it ?
I used them in the past with my previous B8 A4 1.8 tfsi , had a stage 1 map on the Dyno
with great results .

@Daves1972 - I needed a fully custom tune to suit my hardware and it wasn’t something they could offer.

As the car has a K04 on it TSR Performance in Bridgewater done a custom stage 2+ tune (same as they would put on an S3) but dialled the bhp and torque back as the rods aren’t as strong in a K03 engined TFSI

Reactions: Daves1972
Maybe check oil feeds and oil pressure and return pipes to make sure not blocked

I think it was more the generic stage 1 tune that was put on by the previous owner. It was really aggressive. Just dumped a ton of boost in as early as possible.

The hybrid had a compressor from a K04 in it that was capable of producing 420bhp on an S3. I think there was just too much boost for the seals to handle on a K03. I’d see it spike at 27psi on the boost gauge!!!

I’m going to keep the compressor and put it in the K04 I’ve got on the car now once the bottom end has been forged:icon thumright:

Took delivery of my replacement boost gauge and electronic sender. Another job to add to my list this weekend!

Also think the valve stem seals are going.

If I let it idle for a while then rev it I get a plume of smoke out the back - ***

Also think the valve stem seals are going.

If I let it idle for a while then rev it I get a plume of smoke out the back - ***
If you think it's valve seals you can check by taking the exhaust manifold off and see there is any oil in the cylinders. Should be pretty obvious.

Or you can get a leak down test but in lieu of that do the above.

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk

I’ve been on a declutter/ebay mission lately and managed to raise nearly £350.

Don’t know whether to go for a carbon inlet clean or put the money towards a set of coilovers? Hhmmm

Reactions: Charlie Farley
send it to me and i'll find a very good use for it.... :yes:

Reactions: WOMBLERULZ and Dan_Avant
I’ve been on a declutter/ebay mission lately and managed to raise nearly £350.

Don’t know whether to go for a carbon inlet clean or put the money towards a set of coilovers? Hhmmm
You should of had a carbon inlet clean before the remap Dan so its only right to bang some coilovers on now and add the carbon clean to your next annual service :)

That’s it I’m sold, coilovers it is!

Need to spend it before the Mrs gets her hands on it.

I’m tempted by the V-Maxx Extreme because they have adjustable damping which would be handy as I plan on tracking it.

I’ve seen reviews of the non adjustable coilovers and it doesn’t make for good reading but haven’t seen a review of the adjustables.

That’s it I’m sold, coilovers it is!

Need to spend it before the Mrs gets her hands on it.

I’m tempted by the V-Maxx Extreme because they have adjustable damping which would be handy as I plan on tracking it.

I’ve seen reviews of the non adjustable coilovers and it doesn’t make for good reading but haven’t seen a review of the adjustables.
I wouldn't bother with coilovers unless there adjustable tbh kind of defeats the object of spending the extra money over a spring and damper set up, I had adjustable tein coilovers on the Accord type r and the adjustability was a life saver (as long as there easy to get to that is)

I’ve never actually had a set of coilovers.

Are there any other suspension parts worth changing at the same time that won’t break the bank?

Are there any other suspension parts worth changing at the same time that won’t break the bank?
All coilovers are adjustable with height but that's an added benefit if you can adjust dampening. Will be nice for the track. Since you plan on tracking it, while you have the assembly out i would recommend changing the upper control arms with adjustable ones or just changing the bushings with polyurethane ones from 034 or someone like that.

Go for the best you can afford really.
I bought a B14 kit but still not fitted it ,hopefully get it done when i do the front end upgrade project, DTM bumper looks way better with a lower front end.

Some people don't want to DIY.

Frankly I'm not sure I would do it again if had to. Pain in the back side it was.

Would have to see before and after photos from any operator before I'd be willing to pay them mind you. Definitely room for snake oil salesmen as you say

But def worth getting a proper intake clean if you can. Mine made a big difference when I cleaned my own

I thought a proper intake clean used walnut shells to blast off the carbon build up? Thats what ive read on the S4 / RS4 / R8 V8 engines anyway.

Seems to clean them up a treat and there is def logic there that says it would increase airflow.

Reactions: Ricky Burrows
Carbon build up is a thing on all cars. It's not just an audi thing. It definitely improves gas mileage and restores lost power.

I’m gonna buy an iOS compatible borescope next week and take a look at the inlets myself.

There’s a company just outside Bristol that do a carbon clean using walnut shells for around £350.

If they’re bad, which I think they will be as my car is on 141k miles I might look into getting it done later in the year.

Coilovers first though ;-)

Seriously Ricky.
It's just steam cleaning your intake and valves. Can do that as DIY.
Having seen it being done by professionals and the end result's using walnut shells i can almost guarantee i wouldn't do as good a job and it defiantly improves things so me personally its not something id have a go at doing, more cost and time effective for me as well so id get someone else to do it and do a better job.

I’m gonna buy an iOS compatible borescope next week and take a look at the inlets myself.

There’s a company just outside Bristol that do a carbon clean using walnut shells for around £350.

If they’re bad, which I think they will be as my car is on 141k miles I might look into getting it done later in the year.

Coilovers first though ;-)
Priorities brother, we think alike lol

What have I done to the b7 today?? Well I'm supposed to be doing a few things like a service, general good clean and possibly order a k04 as Dans turning me to the darkside with all his 340hp goodness but I went into the reptile shop today after just spending over £400 on a tortoise and set up 3 days ago to grab a spare heat lamp and uvb but ended up spending another £800 on top buying a chameleon, I'm literally the worst for impulse buying I need help :shrug: the b7 will get there lads...eventually.

@Ricky Burrows - lol, I’m the same mate. Decided our fridge was too small last week so spent £850 on an American style one with water/ice dispenser etc.

Now it looks like we’ve got nothing in it because it’s so huge!

Reactions: Ricky Burrows
@Ricky Burrows - lol, I’m the same mate. Decided our fridge was too small last week so spent £850 on an American style one with water/ice dispenser etc.

Still figuring out what I can cut out and bin to fit an American style fridge in our kitchen i can only dream of the amount of milk, beers, cheesecake and steak i could fit in that lol

Blimey is that the going rate, £850? What make is that?
We've just bought an "as new" Bosch for £250, it's just sitting under the carport at the moment until we get out old F/F out.

And when those big fridges go wrong , you just need to sit down and accept the shock at the repair bills.
Been there myself and wont make the same mistake again.