What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Mega!

It takes a while to get visually used to your own car again once you've changed them, but will never go back to halogens once you've made the leap. Congrats!

How did you find the install with the Kufatec, wee buns isn't it?

Im very happy with them and the new lenses make them look brand new a highly recommended job for either xenon or halogen headlights. Also looking forward to testing the osram CBB bulbs in the dark too.

The kufatec look was just right for the job as usual

Got the xenons fitted this morning, a nice refresh to the front endView attachment 215390
Coming along nicely now Alex, I do miss the xenons not necessarily the look but more the cool bulb lighting up when you turn them on lol I had them standard on the Accord type R and the E class but my biggest put off on the B7 is the price there a bit pricey personally but main issue is the worry of an MOT tester failing it because of no washer jets, you doing the full bumper conversion ect as well or you winging it?

Coming along nicely now Alex, I do miss the xenons not necessarily the look but more the cool bulb lighting up when you turn them on lol I had them standard on the Accord type R and the E class but my biggest put off on the B7 is the price there a bit pricey personally but main issue is the worry of an MOT tester failing it because of no washer jets, you doing the full bumper conversion ect as well or you winging it?

Have you seen the retro fit lab conversions? Quite a bit cheaper than second hand xenon's in poor condition

Cheers Ricky. Well i got these for around £280ish which i don't was too bad considering a lot sell for around £500! I suppose its just case of keepimg an eye out for good deals.

At the moment im not rushing into fitting the self level and headlight washers, although i think i will in time, more so to satisfy my ocd. Also with regards to the MOT, find yourself a good tester.......lol

Reactions: WOMBLERULZ and Ricky Burrows
Cheers Ricky. Well i got these for around £280ish which i don't was too bad considering a lot sell for around £500! I suppose its just case of keepimg an eye out for good deals.

At the moment im not rushing into fitting the self level and headlight washers, although i think i will in time, more so to satisfy my ocd. Also with regards to the MOT, find yourself a good tester.......lol
Yeah that's a bargain where you finding all these and the 18z you said were cheap you must be taking all the cheapys lol, I had a look out after the car got hit I couldn't find a set of xenon's for less than £4-500, yeah your right is one of those wait till a bargain turns up kind of thing I guess, as for mot testers i seem to fall out with every mechanic so that's a task in itself lol

Have you seen the retro fit lab conversions? Quite a bit cheaper than second hand xenon's in poor condition
I don't think so, tbh they haven't really interested me tbf so I haven't really looked into it, I had a look out for some xenons when I had the "accident" but i couldn't find a set for less than 4-500 so I quickly gave up as I didn't want them that bad lol I'm happy with mine at the minute I refurbed them and put my own touch on them so there do me for now :) more interested in power side of things now so everything else will have to be added to the never ending shopping list...

Ricky there a lot of testers that wouldn’t even now of that rule . I do but I think my car would pass . Maybe but I failed it last year on emission as the cat wasn’t fitted lol .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ricky Burrows
Ricky there a lot of testers that wouldn’t even now of that rule . I do but I think my car would pass . Maybe but I failed it last year on emission as the cat wasn’t fitted lol .

Lol yeah you kind of need one of them ha, mine just had the mot with the 034 hfc and it went through no problems, few people have said about issues on emissions with them fitted but mines ok (for now) fingers crossed lol

Mines due at the end of the month and I’m now running the 034 cat with a 3 inch down pipe in non res miltek but still got to fit k04 hybrid when it’s ready . But as blocks smokes I’m got some 83mm wossnor pistons and som 21mm pec rods . Heads going to have new valves and guides etc so it’s going to be a pukker motor . So finger crossed when it’s being rebuilt I’ll fit final bits . S3 injectors and rs4 valve . Already fitted new hpfp as old one leaked . I would mot it myself but off work atm but still have to do 4 hours online training for mot classes 1,2 and another 4 hrs for 3,4 . The joys of mot’s lol

Last edited:
Ricky as I read the info if vehicle is ref before 2009 it doesn’t have to have Headlamp washers . And it can’t be failed if not fitted ...

9647ab4adca3e16f4f43050e1a892670.jpg

Official mot manual

Reactions: Chrismawa and Ricky Burrows
Sounds like your doing a fully built engine then is the ko4 hybrid a tte420/480 or something different? That's handy to know about the xenons I might just bang in some hid kits in mine and mrs car then that's always put me off so that's handy cheers mate :icon thumright:

Yeah that's a bargain where you finding all these and the 18z you said were cheap you must be taking all the cheapys lol, I had a look out after the car got hit I couldn't find a set of xenon's for less than £4-500, yeah your right is one of those wait till a bargain turns up kind of thing I guess, as for mot testers i seem to fall out with every mechanic so that's a task in itself lol

Its just pot luck i think! Its also very difficult to find a set that aren't damaged too! Mine were fully intact but i did worry when i saw the packaging they arrived in as i expected them to get broken in transit.
Get one in the family mate, no issues then lol

Sounds like your doing a fully built engine then is the ko4 hybrid a tte420/480 or something different? That's handy to know about the xenons I might just bang in some hid kits in mine and mrs car then that's always put me off so that's handy cheers mate :icon thumright:

The headlamp must be originally hid . Retro hid and led is a failure ...
bae66f4500d09340c4bba32dfa1296cc.jpg

I’m in Bristol mate.

Tried Interpro, they won’t touch VAG cars.

Badger5 prefer the 1.8T engine, not so keen once they found out it’s a Quattro TFSI.

Tried Avon Tuning, they won’t touch it.

Retro Resus use APR or Eco Tune for their maps. We’ll see if they get back to me.

Might try TSR in Bridgewater. They use Revo and have a 4WD dyno
If your in the south west like me you need to get in contact with Bevo tuning he does all sorts and knows his stuff! Look him up on Instagram and you can see the work he does

Today i transformed a very mucky b7 avant into a spanking clean one, then it snowed .....what a waste of time, well never complete waste of time as one has to keep winter grime at bay.:yes:

Well folks, not today (last week), suffered the ignominy of requiring a breakdown flatbed to get me home.

JUH Broken

The reason for this?
Driving along around 40ish in line of traffic - suddenly a tapping noise appears from front end that VERY quickly became a banging noise with serious steering vibration. Unable to stop instantly as in a line of traffic. Luckily I knew there was a layby about a quartermile further on so was able to pull in to that.
A quick visual inspection - nothing obvious or visible but car too low to really see under it very well. Called the AA, waited about 45 mins for van to show up. I explained that it sounded like a wheel bearing had collapsed. AA man jacked up car, disappeared underneath, waggled & tapped a few things & determined the D/S Driveshaft outer CV joint had broken. It's a Quattro so can't be towed. He ordered up a flatbed recovery. Waited another 2 hours for that to show up (had to run engine to keep heat up as it was ****** freezing).
Meanwhile got onto EuroCarparts on the phone & luckily they had a front CV joint in stock so called up me old man who went to get it. Recovered back to my dads (where I do all the work on my cars), got car up on ramp, driveshaft off, into garage, changed the CV joint over, back on to car & problem solved.
Took till around midnight though to finally be wheels back on road. You can see in pic that the CV joint cage had broken & one of the ball bearings came out. There was no warning this was coming - it just happened very suddenly - glad I wasn't going a lot faster at the time!

Broken CV Joint

Reactions: Dan_Avant, tr7, Charlie Farley and 1 other person
Not a good day then chap, but you did well to get it sorted out as quickly as you did.:icon thumright:

Reminds me of the CV joint episode I had last may, my nearside shaft came completely out of the joint leaving me without any forward or backward movement.
Luckily it was only the clip that broke and a boot ripped off otherwise no damage.
Mine was the circlip that holds the shaft in the joint, went ping when doing a right turn in a car park.

Reactions: boffin486
Lol yeah you kind of need one of them ha, mine just had the mot with the 034 hfc and it went through no problems, few people have said about issues on emissions with them fitted but mines ok (for now) fingers crossed lol

I suspect you got through as its a new cat tricky, not sure it will be so easy as it ages.

Finally got my black optics grill on and the alignment sorted. What a PITA the bumper is on these cars, safe to say I wont be removing that again unless I really have to! (I know I'm missing the S-Line badge on this pic :))

Gril

Reactions: Dan_Avant, tr7, Jamsmoo and 1 other person
Finally got my black optics grill on and the alignment sorted. What a PITA the bumper is on these cars, safe to say I wont be removing that again unless I really have to! (I know I'm missing the S-Line badge on this pic :))

View attachment 215576

I blacked the number plate holder on my optics grille have you thought about doing the same? It defiantly all blends in better once its black :icon thumright:

Repaint2

Reactions: Dan_Avant and Chrismawa
Xenons chaps! Don't think I've ever heard someone say they regret doing it. Totally changes the look of your car also

Reactions: AvantAlexB7 and Charlie Farley
I'm happy with the halogens if it means I never have to take the front bumper off again

First time is always a steep learning curve, second time things are much better , after that its easy peasy lemon squeezy..:thumbs up:

Also depends on which method you use, the quick hardway way or slightly longer easy way.:yes:

Reactions: Chrismawa
First time is always a steep learning curve, second time things are much better , after that its easy peasy lemon squeezy..:thumbs up:

Also depends on which method you use, the quick hardway way or slightly longer easy way.:yes:

It's more the faff on removing the wheels etc, and then the alignment issue.

Ordered a new thermostat and pipe that links to bottom connection.

Also ordered a new valve cover, gasket and bolts as mine is leaking all over the place....***!!

There’s always something going on with these cars

Front bumper can be taken off with taking wheels off.

Have done it a number of times now

Front bumper can be taken off with taking wheels off.

Have done it a number of times now

Yeah I know but its almost impossible to move my arch liner out the way and in the process decides to take the paint off on the wing edges. So to prevent this I need to remove the whole liner.

You only need access to the bolts holding on the bumper, you can get away with peeling back part of the liner closest to the front bumper to get an extension in there.

Just turn the wheels the other direction each time you go to each side

Cut a hole in the arch liner that allows you to access the bolts. Make the holes nice and clean and fairly small and i think you can get away with not having to remove them every time

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chrismawa
I've also never taken the wheels off to remove the front bumper, id rather man handle the arch out the way and just chuck my fist down that tight hole to get to the nuts........

Dirty bas**rds lol

Reactions: WOMBLERULZ and AvantAlexB7
Well i'll throw caution to the wind then, i just cannot be fighting with the arch liner and limited space with the wheels on , i just take the wheels off , it doesn't take much longer and gives so much more room to get at them.

Reactions: WOMBLERULZ and Chrismawa
Well i'll throw caution to the wind then, i just cannot be fighting with the arch liner and limited space with the wheels on , i just take the wheels off , it doesn't take much longer and gives so much more room to get at them.
Time you jacked up both sides and removed wheels id have the bumper off so id have to disagree its as quick, its not hard to pull the liner back a bit with wheel turned in, the liners already loose anyway from the two torx holding it to the front bumper anyway, really is no need to remove the bumper, but each to there own :icon thumright:

Reactions: tr7 and Charlie Farley
Yep, all down to personal preference Ricky.:icon thumright:
That said when the wheels are off its a good opportunity to give the calipers a good clean along with the wheel inners.:yes: