What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Are you changing the idy bulb lens to clear Alex?

Reactions: AvantAlexB7
I think so Rob, well removing them. I've ordered those chrome finish bulbs to fit once I've carefully stripped them down.

Thats great, best plan really as the amber lens does make the front end look a bit more dated than one would like and the clears are so much better.:icon thumright::yes:

A
Thats great, best plan really as the amber lens does make the front end look a bit more dated than one would like and the clears are so much better.:icon thumright::yes:

Agreed, its a shame you can get the clear versions online to make the replacement as oem as possible, but its not the end of the world. The new nightbreaker cool blue boost HID should work even better through these new lenses too!

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Just had a little play with the new xenons tonight. Had a trial fit of the new lense covers i bought from ebay and im pleased to say all is good! The fit is very good and ofcourse there crytal clear so make the headlights look like new.

Goin to have a play tomorrow painting one of the chrom trims black to see how i like it but overall very happy.
View attachment 215242
Removing the orange indicator lens and blacking the chrome piece gives the illusion of a slightly tinted headlight especially looking at a picture side by side of the before and after so keep that in mind mate as it may look a little aftermarket for your build, looking forward to the end result though.

Reactions: AvantAlexB7
@Dan_Avant do you have the link to that cts ko4? I found it at a few places for around £1100-1200 and other for about $1499 just wondered where you got yours and if you had any shipping issues with all this eu drama? Cheers mate

Nope. £1500 all in. I was pretty pleased with that!

Struggling to find someone who wants to tackle remapping it at the moment :flushed:

Nope. £1500 all in. I was pretty pleased with that!

Struggling to find someone who wants to tackle remapping it at the moment :flushed:
Good to know mate and really? Why, i know rtech do it and mrc also a guy near me called performance remap ive seen a few of his graphs of ko4’s and there really good almost on par with rtech so might be worth a call if theres close enough?

Many can't do quattro's only 2wd variants.
Oh yeah forgot rtech is 2wd used to seeing golf r's and s3's on there forget there haldex, but MRC have a 4wd dyno, MSL, performance remap and im sure unicorn have a 4wd one too there out there just need to ring around.

waiting on my turbo . being re engineered by a company in covid hotspot corby called Fast turbo... and also now i have finally got it running properly , i have to completely strip the interior as moving so bin bags full of household rubbish , and it turns out lots of bin juice as well ... Not a Happy Bunny!!!!

As Rob said it’s hard to find someone who will do a Quattro.

Maybe I should rephrase my sentence. I’m struggling to find someone local to remap it. Trying to stick to the rules and not travel too far during the pandemic.

Called Retro Resus in Bridgewater yesterday. They said TFSI engines can be a pain to remap but they said they may be able to help. I’ve sent over the spec of my car, we’ll see what they can do.

As Rob said it’s hard to find someone who will do a Quattro.

Maybe I should rephrase my sentence. I’m struggling to find someone local to remap it. Trying to stick to the rules and not travel too far during the pandemic.

Called Retro Resus in Bridgewater yesterday. They said TFSI engines can be a pain to remap but they said they may be able to help. I’ve sent over the spec of my car, we’ll see what they can do.
Thats a shame, depends where you live then I guess as there's a quite a few local to me where abouts are you?, never heard anyone struggling to map tfsi engines before though seems strange especially when its ecu related not engine specific, id be wary using them last thing you want is for them to bang a load of timing on and blow that fancy turbo up.

I’m in Bristol mate.

Tried Interpro, they won’t touch VAG cars.

Badger5 prefer the 1.8T engine, not so keen once they found out it’s a Quattro TFSI.

Tried Avon Tuning, they won’t touch it.

Retro Resus use APR or Eco Tune for their maps. We’ll see if they get back to me.

Might try TSR in Bridgewater. They use Revo and have a 4WD dyno

I’m in Bristol mate.

Tried Interpro, they won’t touch VAG cars.

Badger5 prefer the 1.8T engine, not so keen once they found out it’s a Quattro TFSI.

Tried Avon Tuning, they won’t touch it.

Retro Resus use APR or Eco Tune for their maps. We’ll see if they get back to me.

Might try TSR in Bridgewater. They use Revo and have a 4WD dyno
Only down the M5 from me then is it not worth a motorway trip down to performance remap? Arc tuning in Gloucester also have a 4wd dyno but they use Celtic tuning they ring celtic with what car it is and mods and they send Arc a map to upload so its a glorified genetic map tbh, dont get to hung up on needing rollers though V-Hub in Tewkesbury use Revo but there's isn't a generic map like most Revo they dont have rollers they do every live with on the road tuning so that might be the best bet if your struggling?

Booked in with TSR Performance in Bridgewater on 1st March.

They’ve got a 4WD dyno and use Revo as a baseline map then tweak it to suit your hardware. Said they’ll need the car for 2-3 days. Hopefully I’ve put together a decent set up and can reach 350hp.

Im not concerned with peak numbers though. More interested in the area under the torque curve on the dyno print out :icon thumright:

Reactions: Charlie Farley and Ricky Burrows
Booked in with TSR Performance in Bridgewater on 1st March.

They’ve got a 4WD dyno and use Revo as a baseline map then tweak it to suit your hardware. Said they’ll need the car for 2-3 days. Hopefully I’ve put together a decent set up and can reach 350hp.

Im not concerned with peak numbers though. More interested in the area under the torque curve on the dyno print out :icon thumright:
Thank god for that i was running out of options mate lol, whats your set up?

Reactions: Dan_Avant
Not today but recently. EBC GD dimpled and grooved discs with yellow stuff pads

Attachments

• 38B151E6-9AD9-431B-9935-0E96F861F78E.jpeg
    38B151E6-9AD9-431B-9935-0E96F861F78E.jpeg
    448.7 KB · Views: 57
BSR Opti flow cone filter with 034 motorsport silicone TIP
CTS k04 turbo
Forge recirculating diverter valve
Evolution Racewerks SMIC upgrade with 034 motorsport silicone boost hoses
S3 injectors
APR hpfp
Inlet manifold runner flap delete
034 Motorpost HFC
Miltek cat back
Southbend stage 3 clutch with lightened flywheel
034 Motorsport catch can

Think that’s everything!!

On a bad note - my boost gauge stopped working last month.

Nightmare, always something going on with the damn car

It only stops when you part company with it Dan, I keep thinking to myself its a bottomless pit but I love the old bus so I just keep on doing what must be done.:icon thumright:

That’s very true mate. I’ll be keeping my A4 until it rusts away!

I’m gonna buy a b8 s4 with the 3.0 v6 supercharged engine in 4-5 years time. When I do I’m gonna strip the b7 out and use it as a track car :racer:

I’ve got a turbo jacket lying around somewhere. Not sure whether to put it on the k04?

I figure as long as I let the turbo cool down properly after driving it shouldn’t have any adverse affects?

0285FA6B E91A 4499 A99B 7FD379767A21
Dan avant where did you get clutch and flywheel from please ??? . Also I had to strip the carpet out on mine as I had a spillage in boot all the way to under the passenger footwell . Absolutely stunk .

@WOMBLERULZ - I bought it from the classifieds on here. The guy imported it from the US at a significant cost (these clutch kits are $1600).

It was brand new, never fitted and I have to say I’m really pleased with it. The pedal is a bit stiffer but you get used to it straight away.

If you google Southbend Stage 3 Daily there’s loads of info on em

Reactions: WOMBLERULZ
@ I’m just Rob - I haven’t but it’s something I’ve been considering. Interested to know if anyone has any experience/info they can share

BSR Opti flow cone filter with 034 motorsport silicone TIP
CTS k04 turbo
Forge recirculating diverter valve
Evolution Racewerks SMIC upgrade with 034 motorsport silicone boost hoses
S3 injectors
APR hpfp
Inlet manifold runner flap delete
034 Motorpost HFC
Miltek cat back
Southbend stage 3 clutch with lightened flywheel
034 Motorsport catch can

Think that’s everything!!
Sounds like an awesome set up for some good torque figures, that's what i like about these engines stock there pretty standard issue and dull tbf but a few of the right mods and these engines are torque junkies i been in a stage 2 mk5 golf gti ed30 (should be similar power to yours once mapped) and its a monster surprising how well they put the power down has to be something a bit special to keep up with a well set up ko4 so im chuffed for you.

So we all guessing dyno figures then or? lol

Reactions: Dan_Avant and Charlie Farley
I'm sensing a restart of a project now.:whistle2:, now where is that wallet.

Reactions: WOMBLERULZ, Dan_Avant and Ricky Burrows
I'm sensing a restart of a project now.:whistle2:, now where is that wallet.
Take it with a pinch of salt Rob but i think the tte420 or 480 for that matter isn't worth the money over a ko4 set up, forging the engine the price of the turbo alone, then clutch kits ect and everything else on top i cant imagine your get any change at all from 10k go for the ko4, me personally i think its the best bang for your buck on the tfsi engines and it may let you sleep easier at night with a build not even half the price lol

@Ricky Burrows - I’m gonna say 350hp with 340-350ftlb

My mates got a stage 2+ S3 that’s 370hp and that feels quick. If mine feels anywhere near that I’d be happy, obviously the S3 is a lot smaller and lighter but still...

Reactions: Ricky Burrows
Rob - I agree with Ricky, I think the CTS K04 is the way to go. Plug and play and you don’t have to worry about scaling up your MAF, boost pipes, throttle body etc to get decent power.

Not having to relocate the dv is a bonus too.

@Ricky Burrows - I’m gonna say 350hp with 340-350ftlb

My mates got a stage 2+ S3 that’s 370hp and that feels quick. If mine feels anywhere near that I’d be happy, obviously the S3 is a lot smaller and lighter but still...
Yeah 350 & 350 is a good shout, as its APR they always seem to be on lower end on peak hp so ill say 335hp but 370 ft lbs. :icon thumright:

Got the xenons fitted this morning, a nice refresh to the front end
IMG 20210206 56977

Reactions: Dan_Avant, boffin486, Sidrick and 5 others