What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Those silver superturismo’s look the spit of the original Sped Ed Ronal’s so You’d be getting a nice OEM+ look Rob.

Reactions: Charlie Farley and Ricky Burrows
Yep, i think it has to be the first ones, and such a close resemblance to the Ronals, I think I've just done a 7 year full circle ...lol

Reactions: boffin486
Been like Christmas Day again for me today collected this and my new rarb from TPS. Got to say as nice as it is feel foolish paying what I have as it’s just a bit of plastic probably 5 quid to them but they make the front end look so good. Down side sat here with wire wool tying to get a key on the new fog surrounds I got from China so I can paint them satin black instead of very shiny black. They really are nice though other than the gloss paint !! match the grill really well. Then my new bilsteins turned up just need my h&r springs now when autodoc pull their finger out !! Order been sat at waiting to be collected by courier for nearly two days. Originally ordered front dampers from bilstein uk as cheapest however they sent me an email yesterday saying delv won’t be till end of feb, no stock here or Germany so got them from Demon tweeks actually cheaper ordered yesterday at 3 pm here today. So the interesting bit thought I’d I’d ring bilstein re the whole bump stop thing. Got a guy who I asked if he could clarify if the b8’s have internal bumstops also if oem ones needed to be reduced in size if not,bit of hesitation then yep you don’t need the Oem ones. Mmmmm ok what about the rear then, no the same don’t need them. To say I came of the phone more unsure than before i rang is an understatement. I should say I had to tell him what car/ model etc he never asked also told him about the different options you seem to get on the forums still no reassurance.So made a cuppa went in the garage and when I came back in I had a missed call from them. Rang them back and got somebody different, couldn’t find out who had rang me so asked why I’d rang first time. What a difference, explained everything he listened then said I’ll check. Few minutes then he says I’m gonna have to ring Germany. Finally he comes back and tells me he doesn’t know, and neither do Germany. The story I was told was while they were developin the b8 audi were very uncooperative and so no one will state yea or na !! Now I will say the second guy really was trying to help and I think he was rather embarrassed that he couldn’t answer. Doesn’t really fill you with confidence though does it. God I’ve rattled on here better go if your not already asleep sorry

Attachments

• 5037DD61-932C-4805-BE04-73F200BA67D4.jpeg
    5037DD61-932C-4805-BE04-73F200BA67D4.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 174
Reactions: Charlie Farley
Been like Christmas Day again for me today collected this and my new rarb from TPS. Got to say as nice as it is feel foolish paying what I have as it’s just a bit of plastic probably 5 quid to them but they make the front end look so good. Down side sat here with wire wool tying to get a key on the new fog surrounds I got from China so I can paint them satin black instead of very shiny black. They really are nice though other than the gloss paint !! match the grill really well. Then my new bilsteins turned up just need my h&r springs now when autodoc pull their finger out !! Order been sat at waiting to be collected by courier for nearly two days. Originally ordered front dampers from bilstein uk as cheapest however they sent me an email yesterday saying delv won’t be till end of feb, no stock here or Germany so got them from Demon tweeks actually cheaper ordered yesterday at 3 pm here today. So the interesting bit thought I’d I’d ring bilstein re the whole bump stop thing. Got a guy who I asked if he could clarify if the b8’s have internal bumstops also if oem ones needed to be reduced in size if not,bit of hesitation then yep you don’t need the Oem ones. Mmmmm ok what about the rear then, no the same don’t need them. To say I came of the phone more unsure than before i rang is an understatement. I should say I had to tell him what car/ model etc he never asked also told him about the different options you seem to get on the forums still no reassurance.So made a cuppa went in the garage and when I came back in I had a missed call from them. Rang them back and got somebody different, couldn’t find out who had rang me so asked why I’d rang first time. What a difference, explained everything he listened then said I’ll check. Few minutes then he says I’m gonna have to ring Germany. Finally he comes back and tells me he doesn’t know, and neither do Germany. The story I was told was while they were developin the b8 audi were very uncooperative and so no one will state yea or na !! Now I will say the second guy really was trying to help and I think he was rather embarrassed that he couldn’t answer. Doesn’t really fill you with confidence though does it. God I’ve rattled on here better go if your not already asleep sorry

Very nice Mick. I've always said you can't beat the oem RS grille, if you can stomach the cost! I love mine, it makes the front end
20201017 150010

Reactions: tr7 and Charlie Farley
Xenons/Amber Delete, De-Chrome the trim and it'll look like an entirely different car Alex!

Xenons/Amber Delete, De-Chrome the trim and it'll look like an entirely different car Alex!

Cheers fella, yep considering the amber delete maybe, the new headlight lenses themselves I've ordered should take years off its face will have to order some more of that 3m beltline tape or maybe secure a second set of chrome trims and paint those then swap when i do the respreay maybe. Plenty of things to do! Lol

Reactions: tr7
Some goodies arrived for me aswell today. Decided I'd upgrade the rear brake lines to braided items too, seeing as the fronts will be getting fitted when the BBK goes on and the fluid will be replaced too, it was a no brainer. Plus they look nice! Lol
IMG 20210106 47702

Reactions: Ricky Burrows and tr7
Alex
Lots and lots of wd40 or other before, as the plastic coating bonds to the union. So need to tighten/undo a little at a time so your sure it’s free. Not trying to tell a granny etc just I learnt the hard way when doing mine. Did the wd bit and union turned following day so I just cracked on until I saw it was actually winding the brake pipe with it

Reactions: AvantAlexB7

I am led to believe that B8 front dampers have built in bump stops, but the rears don't.
I fitted rear bump stops to mine anyway.

Reactions: Mick H
Still awaiting my replacement drive shafts, ordered them on the 29th of dec and they still haven't been dispatched despite being a stock item, not sure Autodoc was my best choice now, almost 2 weeks and still sitting in the warehouse.... I won't use them again.

Same for me. Ordered my springs and rear shocks from them on the 28th, in stock finally left on Friday after a considerable amount of emails. A good price is no use if you don’t get the bits. Will never use again customer services useless just read everything from a text book

Same for me. Ordered my springs and rear shocks from them on the 28th, in stock finally left on Friday after a considerable amount of emails. A good price is no use if you don’t get the bits. Will never use again customer services useless just read everything from a text book

Exactly chap, i'd rather have paid more from another source and had them sooner, I still have yet to get a reply to my numerous emails .
I've kinda written them off now and actively looking at other suppliers in the UK now, if and when they arrive I'll just send them back.
Shame really as I've had a few other bits arrive from Germany which I ordered after the autodoc parts, put there service to shame really, and who are "GLS" not a company I've had anything from before.

Yea, i used autodoc once or twice for parts but stayed away from them because of how long it takes to get stuff from them. They were cheaper than most on down things but it wasn't worth the hassle.

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk

Talking of springs and shocks below is a copy of an email I sent to bilstein uk technical yesterday and the reply I recd. Might not be of much interest as mines a cab and so not the same shocks as a saloon or avant but can’t see why they would be different though.

Good morning
I am hoping that you can clarify questions which I don’t seem to be able to find a conclusive answer to.
Firstly the car Audi A4 3.0tdi cabriolet b7 s line
I have just purchased bilstein b8 shocks 24-119818 front 24-119825 rear to be fitted with h&r springs 29312-2. These springs will lower the car approximately 10-15 mm more than the s line suspension
The questions I have refer to the bump stops and refitting of them
1. Is it true the front shocks 24-119818 have internal bump stops and the original oem bump stop should not be refitted with these
2. If the above is not true should the oem bump stop be reduced in height and by how much.
3. With regard to the rear shocks 24-119825 these as I understand don’t have internal bump stops so can you clarify if the oem bump stop should be shortened and by how much.
The above questions seem an area of large debate on forums etc as to what should and shouldn’t be done hence the e- mail in the hope that you can clarify this.

Thanks in advance
Regards Mick
Sent from my iPad

And the reply...

Hello Mick,

Thanks for your email.

24-119818 does not have internal bump stops. They are designed to use the original bump stops on your vehicle. If these are not in a useable condition these can be sourced directly from your car manufacturer.

In terms of shortening the OEM bump stops, this can be done in line with the spring manufacturers recommendations. Please consult H&R fitment instructions/H&R directly for this information. This should only be applicable to the rear bump stops.

Best Regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Shae Hawkins

Aftermarket Sales

ThyssenKrupp Bilstein GmbH

Unit 7 Vitruvius Way | Meridian Business Park | Leicester | LE19 1WA | England

Phone:+44 116 2898345 |

E-mail: shae.hawkins@thyssenkrupp.com

Rob
GLS are a German delivery company very much like DPD here although there tracking system is not as good as DPD’s. When Autodoc finally !! Send your drive shafts they send an email notifying you and a tracking no for GLS. Problem is all it tells me is they picked my goods up Friday then nothin !!

Fitted two new Michelin Pilot sport 4's to the front of my bus tonight, the old ones were very embarrassingly past it. Also fitted the rear spacers after fettling the hubs a little. Performance alloys contacted me to confirm i had ordered the correct version of H&R spacers for my hubs, which was nice of them.

The kufatec xenon adapters also turned up in the post too, so all in all a productive day!

IMG 20210111 32863

Making good progress then Alex, oh yes and whilst you're at it , that floor needs another washdown..lol

Making good progress then Alex, oh yes and whilst you're at it , that floor needs another washdown..lol

Yes Rob, I've slowly fell back in love with it at the minute so its getting all the jobs done I've neglected.

Don't worry the floor is pristine in my work bay...

Yes Rob, I've slowly fell back in love with it at the minute so its getting all the jobs done I've neglected.

Don't worry the floor is pristine in my work bay...

Glad to hear it's getting lots of TLC.:icon thumright:

Today, I rekindled my affection for the bus.

Last year I bought a weekend French mistress as I’d been missing a bit of the thrill of a hot hatch. A 2008 Renaultsport Megane R26... which is a firecracker! And I love it. I’ve Been slowly doing bits to get her up to spec.

After tucking her away in the garage for another week, I got into FD06 and drove the same roads I’d just been down in the Meg. Stone the crows! The difference was super to feel - The grip especially this time of year the Quattro can muster is superb, and it’s highlighted when driving back to back with a properly setup front drive hot hatch. Down the same road the bus would walk away from the Meg... the cross country speed is brilliant, although in the summer it may be a little different story. The 300kg weight difference can be felt for sure but the way it punches through corners and around wet roundabouts is super. I need to find out how to disable the throttle cut when you try and left foot break... anyone?

Ive always know what an accomplished motor car the B7 is but it’s nice to be reminded with a back to back drive to cement it from time to time.

Reactions: Pie-eyedpiper, Ricky Burrows and Charlie Farley
Today, I rekindled my affection for the bus.

Last year I bought a weekend French mistress as I’d been missing a bit of the thrill of a hot hatch. A 2008 Renaultsport Megane R26... which is a firecracker! And I love it. I’ve Been slowly doing bits to get her up to spec.

After tucking her away in the garage for another week, I got into FD06 and drove the same roads I’d just been down in the Meg. Stone the crows! The difference was super to feel - The grip especially this time of year the Quattro can muster is superb, and it’s highlighted when driving back to back with a properly setup front drive hot hatch. Down the same road the bus would walk away from the Meg... the cross country speed is brilliant, although in the summer it may be a little different story. The 300kg weight difference can be felt for sure but the way it punches through corners and around wet roundabouts is super. I need to find out how to disable the throttle cut when you try and left foot break... anyone?

Ive always know what an accomplished motor car the B7 is but it’s nice to be reminded with a back to back drive to cement it from time to time.

Yep, they are brill chap and moreso in quattro form.
They may not be the lightest buses around but you get so much bang for your buck, I've always maintained a well sorted B7 bus is a top tool, and the special ed quattro's are superb, that is why I still have mine , it makes me smile and grin ear to ear and at the end of the day , that is all that really matters for me.:yahoo::yes:

Reactions: boffin486, Bobbytea and AvantAlexB7
Rob
GLS are a German delivery company very much like DPD here although there tracking system is not as good as DPD’s. When Autodoc finally !! Send your drive shafts they send an email notifying you and a tracking no for GLS. Problem is all it tells me is they picked my goods up Friday then nothin !!

Don't expect those bits soon Mick, turns out my order was dispatched 4th jan and is now stuck in transit with no delivery date available for sometime to come.:sadlike:

Don't expect those bits soon Mick, turns out my order was dispatched 4th jan and is now stuck in transit with no delivery date available for sometime to come.:sadlike:
Thinking I should cancel these now and ask for a refund. Don’t suppose you were given a reason why they were stuck in transit and a delivery date wasn’t possible.

I did ask for a refund Mick , but they said it would only be upon receipt of them on return, which will take months....its a real pain frankly.
I'm going to speak with my card issuer to see if I can claim a refund on my card due to lack of delivery etc and go from there.

I did ask for a refund Mick , but they said it would only be upon receipt of them on return, which will take months....its a real pain frankly.
I'm going to speak with my card issuer to see if I can claim a refund on my card due to lack of delivery etc and go from there.
Rob I would be interested to hear what the card co say. I paid with PayPal. Have just had a quick browse through their t&c’s it states despatch within 4-5 working days if goods in stock which both ours were. Delivery 4-5 working days so by my calculations weekends, bank holidays we should both be in in a position by Friday where they have breached their contract

Not ideal news Mick, i spoke with my card issuer and explained the situation, they say 30 days need to have passed before they can open an investigation for item not delivered even though I paid with a card via Paypal's portal.

Then up to 14 days to for them to investigate, and if then refund me, that's if they find in my favour.
Used online chat with Auotdoc this evening and they are just not helping at all, just keep saying they will get back to me when they have an update from GLS, which if the lack of response I get is anything to go by, it will take forever.
I wish i'd never got involved with them now..arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

And having had a look back at the order I placed, they have sent substitute shafts to what I ordered, even though the one I choose were in stock, well supposedly they were, maybe in stock at the manufacturer.
So they charged me for SKF ones at £350 and sent out stark ones at £200, what a ripoff, will be having words with them about that tomorrow.

And just to top it all off, on the online tracking, which is of no use whatsoever, it say Parcel Force parcel number .
So it will never get here then if parcel force are part of the final delivery service.
And will they be looking for any payments from me before they hand it over now that we are out of the EU, if they do then I wont be accepting them, well if they ever arrive that is.

It sounds like your even more frustrated than me !! Quite rightly so though. If I’m reading correctly you ordered skf shafts @£350 and they have despatched stark ones which are £200 with no email to ask if this is agreeable or refund of the difference in cost.
I shall be writing a very stern email of my first experience with them tomorrow probably with the hint of touting it around all the uk car forums and facebook

I have no issues with deliveries taking longer than normal Mick, that's life these days and almost the norm, what does really get my back up is the rubbish customer service some companies have.
It is not the waiting , its the ruddy lack of feedback and clarity that really get's me angry.
In this day and age I expect I could track a snail in borneo better than some of these courier companies can with buyers parcels.
And what make things worse is that I've had other parts from Germany arrive sooner , which I ordered later, I just think Autodoc have a basic delivery contract with GLS for some really cheap price along with the really poor service that buys.

They know where the parcels are but just wont pass on the info to the customers, instead just fob us off, but it doesn't work with me.

Right then , enough of that moaning.

Today, well tonight to be more precise I managed to source a set of decent rear S4 calipers etc and in pretty good cond on the scale of things.lol
Yes there were on my new best place facebook marketplace , well the wifes to be exact.:yes:

So another project in the pipeline, hopefully be here soon, an dnot by "GLS" :whistle2:

Reactions: boffin486
A while back I decided that my DTM would no longer be subjected to daily punishment and that I wanted to up the power a bit.

The quest started for the holy grail parts.

It's taken ages to harvest the parts required, but the well known auction site watch lists and black Fridays have helped me get to my goal. I couldn't have justified it without some lucky finds and some people twitch the know how.

Now having got the car back after having a fair bit of work done.

This week I've been trying to put some more run in miles on her after the turbo conversion. Lock down restrictions mean it's taking a while as a bulk of it is through my twice weekly commute of which I have to avoid the motorway whilst running in. 200 more miles to go before final live map data log session can commence and the boost wound up a bit.

Anyone who is considering a k04 / hybrid based conversion.... it's expensive and can suffer a lot of scope creep (voice of experience). But the car is totally transformed as a result. Even just revving up to 4.5-5k it comes on strong and feels like the engine that should have been in there from the beginning.

Sent from my HD1903 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sidrick, Ricky Burrows and Bobbytea
Glad you’re enjoying Jon, keep us upto date with a nice photo or two of you’re holy grail parts - and a final power run graph, we all love a graph!

Reactions: Ricky Burrows
The H&R 10mm spacers for the front turned up today. Piccys will follow tomorrow when fitted
IMG 20210115 1411

Reactions: Chrismawa, tr7 and Charlie Farley
Ordered new gas shocks for boot, new set of mats, entire new thermostat inc housing, new aftermarket armrest lid (there are two types), new wiper blades.

I also suspect that the battery is on the way out too, they way it very slowly turned over whilst starting this morning.

Front spacers fitted this afternoon after fettling the new extened bolts that were too long! New set of wheel bolt caps all round and a rear wiper washer jet on order as im only firing through one hole.

Happy days

Front spacers fitted this afternoon after fettling the new extened bolts that were too long! New set of wheel bolt caps all round and a rear wiper washer jet on order as im only firing through one hole.

Happy days
Making good progress then Alex, never ideal to be firing through only one hole..lol

Ah, some fettling aswell, this is the normal approved method...

OIP.arGo32cbaiZJIJEnIGS13wHaEE

well for those of a more hands on approach..:whistle2:

Happy days
Happy enough?

Spacers is one thing I am considering with my BBS offset. Interested to hear how you get on and prices etc if you don't mind sharing

Making good progress then Alex, never ideal to be firing through only one hole..lol

Ah, some fettling aswell, this is the normal approved method...

OIP.arGo32cbaiZJIJEnIGS13wHaEE

well for those of a more hands on approach..:whistle2:

Were getting there Rob, keep finding little bits the more i look. The undertray also took a hammering in the recent snow, turns out my bus is something of a snowplow!

And yes, the grinder came out for this job!