What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

After Saturdays oil and filter change , today was the header tank replacement.
As per normal ECP made a complete hash of my order so it never arrived, the wife had a snoop on facebook and found the same part new and boxed for £10 and only a 15min drive away, bonus or what..:yahoo:
So off with the split original item including the instant gasket sealant that did not work..lol , and on with a nice new one, job done .

Tank1
Tank2

Reactions: Pie-eyedpiper and AvantAlexB7
After Saturdays oil and filter change , today was the header tank replacement.
As per normal ECP made a complete hash of my order so it never arrived, the wife had a snoop on facebook and found the same part new and boxed for £10 and only a 15min drive away, bonus or what..:yahoo:
So off with the split original item including the instant gasket sealant that did not work..lol , and on with a nice new one, job done .

View attachment 213890 View attachment 213891

Great to see you've discovered the world of Facebay bargains Rob.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
I was very surprised at the amount of kit on there to be honest, also the amount of utter tosh aswell, and what some guys are asking for that tosh..:wtf:

Reactions: Pie-eyedpiper
Just pulled the trigger on a new pair of SKF front driveshafts from autodoc, SKF seamed to be mid-way and they were BUL parts , not that it really matters but at least they should be the same as what I have at present spec wise.
£314 didn't seem to bad on the scale of things..lol
Still not sure why the left and right have to be different, still they are.
I was going to hang on a bit longer but I suspect brexit will have a negative impact on parts prices from Germany after 31/12/20 so just did it now, best just get it out of the way.

not sure what the time frame is , I expect 14 days or something unless anyone has better ideas on del times from autodoc.

Skf

Just pulled the trigger on a new pair of SKF front driveshafts from autodoc, SKF seamed to be mid-way and they were BUL parts , not that it really matters but at least they should be the same as what I have at present spec wise.
£314 didn't seem to bad on the scale of things..lol
Still not sure why the left and right have to be different, still they are.
I was going to hang on a bit longer but I suspect brexit will have a negative impact on parts prices from Germany after 31/12/20 so just did it now, best just get it out of the way.

not sure what the time frame is , I expect 14 days or something unless anyone has better ideas on del times from autodoc.

View attachment 213936

My strut mountings and control arms took about that long ..pre covid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is what I thought really, so I'd be looking at them toward the mid-end of Jan then, I'm not in a rush as such its just the original are starting to get a bit irritating now, with anyluck they will turn up around the same time as the Bilstien B14's.

Reactions: Jamsmoo
The xenons turned up this morning and on the whole im quite happy with them. I think there non genuine as i can't find an manufacturer part number on them but thats not an issue really. A new set of those swanky bright osram Ds1 bulbs and a clean and lense restoration will have them looking and working like new. Question is do i do the black out mod, or Joey mod what ever you call it?

leave them as standard Alex, just change the indy bulbs to clears ( clear corner mod) get them fitted and all is good in the world.:icon thumright:

Reactions: AvantAlexB7
I do like the clear corner mod, but also like the orange i think it goes with the red paint work well.

Alex, Congrats, one of the best mods I've done. Clear is the way forward!

As for the part number, never heard of aftermarket Xenons. But fairly sure the part number is only on by a sticker, which on the last pair I sold one was coming half off.

Def get yourself a set of new bulbs too before you fit them. Best money spent on my car

FAILED to buy some DS1 bulbs on the old FleaBay - Supplier is in Germany. Both times sale was initially taken (& paid for) then rejected with message 'Delivery address has something wrong with it' about an hour later. :wtf: Definitely not,same one I always use. Both refunded to me.

I suspect I just became an early Brexit victim - Supplier didn't WANT to send product to UK due to likelihood of paperwork complications.
:readit::grumpy::shrug:

Last edited:
Oh and definitely recommend the genuine Kufatec kit from Germany. Great quality kit for the few extra pounds

FAILED to buy some DS1 bulbs on the old FleaBay - Supplier is in Germany. Both times sale was initially taken (& paid for) then rejected with message 'Delivery address has something wrong with it' about an hour later. :wtf: Definitely not,same one I always use. Both refunded to me.

I suspect I just became an early Brexit victim - Supplier didn't WANT to send product to UK due to likelihood of paperwork complications.
:readit::grumpy::shrug:

Mate had same thing from a seller in Hungary other day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alex, Congrats, one of the best mods I've done. Clear is the way forward!

As for the part number, never heard of aftermarket Xenons. But fairly sure the part number is only on by a sticker, which on the last pair I sold one was coming half off.

Def get yourself a set of new bulbs too before you fit them. Best money spent on my car

Maybe im wrong then, usually parts have the number embossed into the plastic somewhere. But i definitely think there non genuine oem replacment, which is a comman thing we come across at work tbf.

Yep will order the adapters from Kufatec also thought of ordering the self levelling loom too maybe

Any ideas whete to get some clear ones then Rob?

sadly I don't Alex, as they were clear on my bus from the factory it was never something I looked into but many have, Ricky has though, I'm sure one of our regulars will be along shortly to assist.:icon thumright:

sadly I don't Alex, as they were clear on my bus from the factory it was never something I looked into but many have, Ricky has though, I'm sure one of our regulars will be along shortly to assist.:icon thumright:
I found someone in the US selling some but as you'd expect there all out of stock.

Any ideas whete to get some clear ones then Rob?
I knocked mine out literally just support the one side and use a hammer and screwdriver and they pop straight out, as for the Joey mod i done it and id highly recommend it as its literally changed my front end but it does tie into the red and black scheme on your car they may look to "aftermarket" here's a picture of mine for reference.

Before:
Headlights before

After:
Headlights after

Thanks for your input Ricky, I knew you'd help out, have a glass of fizzy stuff on me:icon thumright::yahoo:

Reactions: AvantAlexB7 and Ricky Burrows
Really liking those fond rims Ricky, are they still available in silver as my alloy rim side is still hankering after a new set of rims, I know I wasn't going to but that was a few days ago..lol

Really liking those fond rims Ricky, are they still available in silver as my alloy rim side is still hankering after a new set of rims, I know I wasn't going to but that was a few days ago..lol
I'm not sure Rob I cant remember what company I got mine from but they had to be custom made from Italy for the offset I wanted and they updated me throughout the stages the wheels were at and at one point they told me they was being painted, so I assume if you asked they could do them in silver, just took a couple weeks to get to me but I thought that was a more than reasonable turn around time, I think the company was wheelbase ill have to double check the receipt.

Ah , wheelbase , that is where i purchased my veemans well I've had few sets from them, always found them to be top guys.

I'm not sure Rob I cant remember what company I got mine from but they had to be custom made from Italy for the offset I wanted and they updated me throughout the stages the wheels were at and at one point they told me they was being painted, so I assume if you asked they could do them in silver, just took a couple weeks to get to me but I thought that was a more than reasonable turn around time, I think the company was wheelbase ill have to double check the receipt.

Blast it, just had a webby search and found these and I do rather like them, great colour for a b7 avant black bus.
Gloss silver, very much like oz Superleggera's
main.jpg

Blast it, just had a webby search and found these and I do rather like them, great colour for a b7 avant black bus.
Gloss silver, very much like oz Superleggera's
main.jpg
Id get them then Rob they don't even sell my colour on wheelbase anymore so they may well becoming extinct, last time i looked for you i couldnt find silver anywhere for the b7 platform.

Yeah the Oz are my dream wheels but i couldn't justify spending near 2k on a set of wheels on an everyday car not that id ever damage them the 9RR's are still like new but one pot hole can ruin a wheel, also looks like they have dropped in price by a couple hundred as well so id go for them mate before its to late.

I best unlock the wallet again...its been over used this week already, may have a few pennies left.:icon thumright:
and at least I wont need more tyres if I stick with 19" format...yea

Anybody else with a lowered B7 struggle to get up on mobile car ramps?
Not sure if it's the angle of my drive slope, but I did manage to get up before, since lowering it.
Today I struggled to get up the ramps, and managed to knock a hole in my front bumper, on the rear bracket.
Yet another repair job.

I best unlock the wallet again...its been over used this week already, may have a few pennies left.:icon thumright:
You got me looking at wheels now, literally just spent £2.5k on a workshop so my bank account may need topping back up again if i find another set of wheels lol.

It's a wheely thing Ricky, so many great rims to choose from and the single most effective way to change the appearance of a car, and always or the better..lol

Reactions: Ricky Burrows
You got me looking at wheels now, literally just spent £2.5k on a workshop so my bank account may need topping back up again if i find another set of wheels lol.

I keep on seeing pics of A8/S8 D2 20" alloys and I do like them, I have aborted them as with new tires etc and potholes it is just an accident waiting to happen.
It's like I'm getting subliminal messages to buy a set, I mustn't give into them though...lol

I keep on seeing pics of A8/S8 D2 20" alloys and I do like them, I have aborted them as with new tires etc and potholes it is just an accident waiting to happen.
It's like I'm getting subliminal messages to buy a set, I mustn't give into them though...lol
I'm really not a fan of 20's on the b7 its such a small car for a saloon the 19's look just right, the 20's look borderline max power back in the day like 17's on a Saxo, so you don't have to worry about me making you sway towards buying them lol

Nope , the d2's are history Ricky, but most certainly going to checkout the stock availability of those 19" fond's in gloss silver, it will be sods law they are all sold out now...

Nope , the d2's are history Ricky, but most certainly going to checkout the stock availability of those 19" fond's in gloss silver, it will be sods law they are all sold out now...
They may be history but they can stay on the s8 for all i care lol, yeah let me know how you get on with those 9rr's Rob be interesting seeing another b7 with them on in a different colour combo.

I've just been on 4 different outlets that show them in stock but as soon as I specify my fitment and offset they are not available, I'm sensing a pattern Ricky.

Anybody else with a lowered B7 struggle to get up on mobile car ramps?
Not sure if it's the angle of my drive slope, but I did manage to get up before, since lowering it.
Today I struggled to get up the ramps, and managed to knock a hole in my front bumper, on the rear bracket.
Yet another repair job.

I can only get mine on a 2 post lift with low access legs, no chance of getting on the 4 poster of Jig