What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

You do have a little bit more space between the inner rim face than I had with my Rial 18" alloys.

IMG 0168

Reactions: boffin486
Roast you Alex, never.....I salute you Sir for not giving up on the project.:salute:

I'd try and get away with less on the fronts if you can Alex, maybe 8mm spacer as from that pic angle you have the space .

good work .

Cheers Rob, much appreciated lol. Tbh i was just waiting for the spacers to arrive before test fitting the brakes, then the supplier sent the wrong thread size extended bolts...

Its all coming together now, and don't intend to post about them again until there fitted!

Got 5 mins spare today to test fit the 15mm spacers and the brembos. 15mm looks great on the rear and shouldn't pose any ribbing issues, the fronts however will need around 10-12mm to aviod rubbing yet still cover the new calipers. Bare with me @I'm Just Rob. And @Ricky Burrows im getting there, very slowwwwly! Lol
View attachment 213524
View attachment 213525
And before anyone roast me, yes i know the discs are on backwards and the calipers upside down, this is purely a trial fit...

I think that alloy needs a bit of a refurb too Alex..lol

Reactions: AvantAlexB7
Got 5 mins spare today to test fit the 15mm spacers and the brembos. 15mm looks great on the rear and shouldn't pose any ribbing issues, the fronts however will need around 10-12mm to aviod rubbing yet still cover the new calipers. Bare with me @I'm Just Rob. And @Ricky Burrows im getting there, very slowwwwly! Lol
View attachment 213524
View attachment 213525
And before anyone roast me, yes i know the discs are on backwards and the calipers upside down, this is purely a trial fit...

What disc's did you settle for in the end Alex?

What disc's did you settle for in the end Alex?
There the B8 S4 ones, fitment is great and uses the oem assembly screw fitment.
The offset seems good too as the disc sits pretty central in the caliper. Also drilled and vented as in the pic

Reactions: Charlie Farley
There the B8 S4 ones, fitment is great and uses the oem assembly screw fitment.
The offset seems good too as the disc sits pretty central in the caliper. Also drilled and vented as in the pic

I did say the S4 ones would be a good choice as they are just fit and go unlike the AMG's that need a bit of fiddling .

I did say the S4 ones would be a good choice as they are just fit and go unlike the AMG's that need a bit of fiddling .

Yep that was partially my thinking. Although i wouldn't have to replace the discs often enough to worry about the machining, and direct fit is always an advantage

View attachment 213524
View attachment 213525

You car is lowered isn't it?
I have to warn you 15mm spacers look great on the rear, until you put weight in the boot, then you get occasional rubbing issues over bumps.
I learnt the hard way.

Received 2694504757476476

Reactions: tr7
View attachment 213524
View attachment 213525
Ayyy looking good mate, you decided on a colour yet if i remember right you was liking the silver/grey from the ceramics right? is that still the plan?

Ayyy looking good mate, you decided on a colour yet if i remember right you was liking the silver/grey from the ceramics right? is that still the plan?
Cheers fella, and yes i think thats still the plan. I toyed with the idea of red but i think the grey will be a nice oem+ touch. Ive found a company near me that does custom caliper paints in metallics and pearls and its really good stuff too

Red on Red I'm afraid chaps, other colours are nice but big B's and red were made to go together, just my opinion.

Snug2
8pots2

Reactions: boffin486
Cheers fella, and yes i think thats still the plan. I toyed with the idea of red but i think the grey will be a nice oem+ touch. Ive found a company near me that does custom caliper paints in metallics and pearls and its really good stuff too
Yeah for the look your going for id go with a nice bright silver with black rs stickers, either way i think they will stand out just enough in silver or grey to know there sat behind there but still give you a nice oem+ look, looking forward to seeing it when its all buttoned up :icon thumright:

you can see they are covers from 100 yards away Ricky, well i can ..lol , and the covers come in all colour aswell and still look ultra tacky whatever colour decals they have.

My old bus sailed through its MOT today, only advised on both front tyres being close on the inner edges, so will be getting a nice new pair of pilot sport 4's ordered after Christmas. Along with everything else on the parts list!

Reactions: boffin486, tr7 and Charlie Farley
My old bus sailed through its MOT today, only advised on both front tyres being close on the inner edges, so will be getting a nice new pair of pilot sport 4's ordered after Christmas. Along with everything else on the parts list!
It's always nice when one passes.:thumbs up:

c3a90494eb3fe4cb6062df91282b10ce.jpg

Changed the cam follower over again today, it had been a while and around 20k so I thought for my own piece of mind I’d do it again - can’t be too safe with the intervals for this job!

New on left, old on right.

Reactions: tr7 and Charlie Farley
The old one does'nt look to bad , all the newer ones should last a more than 20k so you'd have been ok for a few miles more , still not an expensive part so worth doing it for peace of mind.:icon thumright:

Reactions: Bobbytea
Yeah I assumed it would be a bit early Rob, the old one had the coating intact across the face which was a good sign - I changed it 2 years ago so had a reminder on my phone pop up... so for £45 it’s a job done for another 30k now.

As the old girl is on 113k miles now I’m looking at keeping her going for a fair bit more I’m just making sure the maintenance of ‘prevention is better then a cure’ mantra is kept up.

I wanna change the other engine mounts next, any recommendations would be handy.

I need to change my front mounts aswell , they have been leaking for a while but haven't decided what to replace them with , genuine or 3rd party , I'll have a look at whats on offer.

I replaced the snub nose mount for a poly bushed yellow powerflex... it made the ride much firmer, which for spirited driving is super, but everyday comfort is impacted.

So I think I’ll be going OEM for the others.

I fitted the OE A6 snub mount bush and its been great, still looks to be fine after a few years of usage and milage.

Merry Christmas for tomorrow, B7 regulars. Have a good one :racer:

Reactions: Pie-eyedpiper, Jamsmoo and Charlie Farley
And a merry xmas and happy new year to you Scott and the family.:yes:, don't have too many drinks either..lol

Merry Christmas chaps!

I replaced the snub nose mount for a poly bushed yellow powerflex... it made the ride much firmer, which for spirited driving is super, but everyday comfort is impacted.

So I think I’ll be going OEM for the others.

Thats interesting you say that actually, i went the same route when i swapped mine but couldn't really tell much difference in terms of handling