What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Not sure if this is the meaning behind this thread but here goes .Took evasive action on a sharp right hand bend to avoid a car straying lanes coming the opposite way and slammed into the kerb
fcf36431c57310589910e0ef8ba3122c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not the most forgiving running 225/35

We had snow on Friday and my missus was going out in the car. Instead of clearing the back window manually she decided to use the wiper to.
I had fitted a cheap aftermarket wiper arm previously and yup, it snapped.
I was out for an errand today and what with all the road spray/sunshine I could not see a thing out of the back window.
So a question to all the "kill all wipers" brigade - just what planet are you on?

Reactions: Jamsmoo
Ouch. New rim needed?

I’ve been told it’s repairable ..holds air (did the soapy water test ) these
853c4a24b862fd33a2e380df58f10ce1.jpg

are going on in the morning while the others are in the shop ,also commited to some 19” bbs a6 style splits

Reactions: Sidrick
I’ve been told it’s repairable ..holds air (did the soapy water test ) these
853c4a24b862fd33a2e380df58f10ce1.jpg

are going on in the morning while the others are in the shop ,also commited to some 19” bbs a6 style splits

When I say style I don’t mean in the typical eBay style sense of the word ,they are genuine

Reactions: Pie-eyedpiper
We had snow on Friday and my missus was going out in the car. Instead of clearing the back window manually she decided to use the wiper to.
I had fitted a cheap aftermarket wiper arm previously and yup, it snapped.
I was out for an errand today and what with all the road spray/sunshine I could not see a thing out of the back window.
So a question to all the "kill all wipers" brigade - just what planet are you on?

Recycling kitkat wrappers mate ,we all know u get what u pay for

I fitted yet another rear wiper today. I bought a second hand oem Q5 wiper and new Bosch aerotwin blade to replace the aftermarket version that stopped wiping properly.

Also attempted to trial fit my new 15mm spacers, but ths seller proved the wrong wheel bolts, so a new set is on the ebay watch list

I fitted yet another rear wiper today. I bought a second hand oem Q5 wiper and new Bosch aerotwin blade to replace the aftermarket version that stopped wiping properly.

Also attempted to trial fit my new 15mm spacers, but ths seller proved the wrong wheel bolts, so a new set is on the ebay watch list

Are you 15mm spacers going on the rear? Aren't you lowered?
Mine rub with occasionally 100kg in the boot.

Reactions: Charlie Farley and AvantAlexB7
Are you 15mm spacers going on the rear? Aren't you lowered?
Mine rub with occasionally 100kg in the boot.
Well these spacers were a very cheap set bought as a trail set to see how it sits and decide whether or not i want to space as far as 15mm. Once im happy I'll order a good quality set of the required size. I think 15mm will be pushing it a little if im honest.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
15mm is a little bit too much , 10-12 would be much better with less chance of inner arch liner contact.
Lots of guys do 15mm with 8j rims though, personal preference again.

the oe et43 ronals with a 15mm spacer will be ET28,
I have 8.5j et35 alloys which work out at like for like at ET29 based the wider rim but still on a 235 tyre so a little stretch helps .

15mm is a little bit too much , 10-12 would be much better with less chance of inner arch liner contact.
Lots of guys do 15mm with 8j rims though, personal preference again.

Yep i think 15mm may be a little to much but will make a final decision once there bolted up.

Reactions: Jamsmoo and Charlie Farley
I'm changing my B8 bilstein setup in January to something else which will hopefully resolve things.

After swapping back to oe 18s 235/40 from the 19 225 35 that are now being repaired / refurbed eibach sportlines cause rub like hell at the back

After swapping back to oe 18s 235/40 from the 19 225 35 that are now being repaired / refurbed eibach sportlines cause rub like hell at the back

If u aint rubbing u aint dubbing ..as opposed to “it’s not a great feeling when your tyres are peeling “

15mm spacers at the rear are too much

Rob have you ever had 15mm spacers in the front?
Would they go with 43ET wheels?

Ok, maybe this will help.

My 19" veemans are 8.5j et35 with 235/35 tyres and I have no spacers fitted.
If you were to compare an 8j et43 with the same 235 tyre plus with a 15mm spacer it would be ET28, which for comparison terms is only 1mm more than what my veemans are on which would be be like running ET29 on 8j .
so yes 15mm is doable but that would be a max if it were me.
keep in mind the 235 has a small stretch on an 8.5j rim which helps if it didn't then it would be more of an issue and would look like a tonka toy.
I had to go et35 8.5j to clear my 18Z's which they didn't but it wasn't much to overcome.

Vrear1
Vfrnt1

Looks ok as well, well I think so..:yes:

Vman2

Reactions: boffin486 and B7deano
Ok, maybe this will help.

My 19" veemans are 8.5j et35 with 235/35 tyres and I have no spacers fitted.
If you were to compare an 8j et43 with the same 235 tyre plus with a 15mm spacer it would be ET28, which for comparison terms is only 1mm more than what my veemans are on which would be be like running ET29 on 8j .
so yes 15mm is doable but that would be a max if it were me.
keep in mind the 235 has a small stretch on an 8.5j rim which helps if it didn't then it would be more of an issue and would look like a tonka toy.
I had to go et35 8.5j to clear my 18Z's which they didn't but it wasn't much to overcome.

View attachment 213171 View attachment 213172

Thanks for that Rob. I might check the 15mms on the front and give it a go, purely because I have them.
I think 10mm all round would probably be better though.

0a1fb0c9db9f9e7a3be5d39750d6a146.jpg

Fitted the (new to me ) bbs 19s 8.5 245/35
Had to take off the rear spacers (15mm) as my 19s at the refurbers had 225/35
Ideally if I had 235 on these I could run 10mm spacers at the rear with a bit of titivation to the hub spigot

Today i finally secured a set of Bilstein B14's for the old bus, haggled with a guy in Germany for a nice new set for a nice discount so an early xmas gift to myself.
I'm hoping they will be as good as my Bilstein B8 setup with the bonus of better ride height adjustability.

Needless to say my existing B8 dampers with H&R 45 spring will be surplus if anyone in intestered.

Upload 2020 12 11 20 24 11

Reactions: Sidrick, Jamsmoo, tr7 and 1 other person
These are 19” Veeman v-fs39 they’re 9.5 all round with 225/35 tyres , also put 50mm lowering springs but will have coilovers soon. And yellow callipers you can’t miss

Attachments

• 400F9F88-BB9F-4DEC-B908-3D0EA4E2F42C.jpeg
    400F9F88-BB9F-4DEC-B908-3D0EA4E2F42C.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 176
Reactions: Sidrick
Today the old bus suffered an intake runner flap error with MIL lamp, bit of a surprise as there hasn't been any prior indicators of imminent probs with it, but then I don't think it does give any warning, it goes and throws a wobbly.

Anway ran vcds and it was marked as an intermittent fault and only logged the once, so maybe just an oddity, I've cleared it and all seems ok at present but I expect it is probably the start of another replacement parts session.

no other errors so that was a bonus.

Allways something to fix...:sadlike:

Not sure if this is the meaning behind this thread but here goes .Took evasive action on a sharp right hand bend to avoid a car straying lanes coming the opposite way and slammed into the kerb
fcf36431c57310589910e0ef8ba3122c.jpg

Back from the refurbers
Hoping to get them on when I get some free day light time ,will be listing the 18”double spokes in the background when I get chance for some good pics if anyone’s Intrested
63cf9c7950d5fbf8000659695d6beca3.jpg

Reactions: Sidrick and Charlie Farley
Back from the refurbers
Hoping to get them on when I get some free day light time ,will be listing the 18”double spokes in the background when I get chance for some good pics if anyone’s Intrested
63cf9c7950d5fbf8000659695d6beca3.jpg

how much would you be looking for them ? would be needed them posted also

Got 5 mins spare today to test fit the 15mm spacers and the brembos. 15mm looks great on the rear and shouldn't pose any ribbing issues, the fronts however will need around 10-12mm to aviod rubbing yet still cover the new calipers. Bare with me @I'm Just Rob. And @Ricky Burrows im getting there, very slowwwwly! Lol
20201218 175314

20201218 175319

And before anyone roast me, yes i know the discs are on backwards and the calipers upside down, this is purely a trial fit...

Attachments

• 20201218_175314.jpg
    20201218_175314.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 150
Reactions: tr7, Ricky Burrows, boffin486 and 1 other person
Got 5 mins spare today to test fit the 15mm spacers and the brembos. 15mm looks great on the rear and shouldn't pose any ribbing issues, the fronts however will need around 10-12mm to aviod rubbing yet still cover the new calipers. Bare with me @I'm Just Rob. And @Ricky Burrows im getting there, very slowwwwly! Lol
View attachment 213524
View attachment 213525
And before anyone roast me, yes i know the discs are on backwards and the calipers upside down, this is purely a trial fit...

View attachment 213524
View attachment 213525

View attachment 213524
View attachment 213525

Roast you Alex, never.....I salute you Sir for not giving up on the project.:salute:

I'd try and get away with less on the fronts if you can Alex, maybe 8mm spacer as from that pic angle you have the space .

good work .