What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

the spigot is on the hub Alex not the disc so B7 spigot size will still be the correct ones.

disc sits over the spigot on the hub.

St6 LI

Took a few more photos of the interior to try & get some buyers interested!

Eventually got round to fitting my rear Bilstein bump stops.
Also fitted a pair of Grayson spring assistors to the rear springs to help when towing. Doesn't seem to have effected the ride height at all, infact seem to have made the springs comfortably firmer.
Also added a pair of 15mm spacers to the rear wheels. From the look of it I could have gone 20mm with 235/40/18 tyres. Was going to put 10mm up front, but the 15mms might be getting transferred.

Reactions: Jamsmoo
Eventually got round to fitting my rear Bilstein bump stops.
Also fitted a pair of Grayson spring assistors to the rear springs to help when towing. Doesn't seem to have effected the ride height at all, infact seem to have made the springs comfortably firmer.
Also added a pair of 15mm spacers to the rear wheels. From the look of it I could have gone 20mm with 235/40/18 tyres. Was going to put 10mm up front, but the 15mms might be getting transferred.
Pictures, we like pictures lol

Reactions: Pie-eyedpiper and Sidrick
We all likesome "Dirty " pics...lol

Reactions: Pie-eyedpiper and Shaun Osborne
Nice day today so sorted a job that I forgot to do when I changed the discs and pads. Clean and grease the sliding pins. It needed doing as there was uneven wear on the old discs. Bit of an improvement as my braking now seems sharper.

Also have the car an overdue wash
5e9b68700c0e73288fe772252201eb77.jpg
9f23e857dcd71132662818c28fdeeb30.jpg
1328b82738714ab0fccdc23f28f86419.jpg
e8bcb05ed0f80fe5f8ec387ee3c0d298.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Charlie Farley
looks spankingly clean :icon thumright::yes:, makes my old bus look very mucky:sadlike:.

Reactions: Chrismawa
Nice, I have the kit to do that... but not the time to change it over. How much of a big job is it? Much difference in engine response?

What kit is it you've got Bobby?
I just went down the route of changing the manifold to a BKD one without flaps. On a B8 there are kits to remove the flaps.
I've read that removing the flaps alters the low speed torque. I've only taken it for a quick spin, and I don't think it felt any different really.
It's not about performance though, it's just smoothing out airflow as be reducing the chance if things failing.
Have you still got your EGR valve too? It wasn't a big job really, 10 bolts hold the manifold on, because I've already removed my valve and cooler providing more space around the engine.

What kit is it you've got Bobby?
I just went down the route of changing the manifold to a BKD one without flaps. On a B8 there are kits to remove the flaps.
I've read that removing the flaps alters the low speed torque. I've only taken it for a quick spin, and I don't think it felt any different really.
It's not about performance though, it's just smoothing out airflow as be reducing the chance if things failing.
Have you still got your EGR valve too? It wasn't a big job really, 10 bolts hold the manifold on, because I've already removed my valve and cooler providing more space around the engine.

It’s a kit I bought a long time ago

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322699742225

But I just haven’t had the time to fit it, work has been mental the last 8 months... lockdown has sent people crazy. I must get round to doing the cam follower too, it’s coming up due for a change and that’s the important one.

I hit all the ones the other day! 111,111miles she’s getting an old girl now, plenty of life left in the beast though - I love embarrassing much newer machinery.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
There have been issues with idling etc with this mod , just heads up really.

There have been issues with idling etc with this mod , just heads up really.

I’ve heard about some cold start issues with a lumpy idle, I’m sure you could have it mapped out. Is there anything else you’ve heard of?

I just think the flaps into the inlet are such a impedance for airflow at higher inlet flow, the turbulence created by these runner flaps must be a nightmare even when in their fully open position.

It’s a kit I bought a long time ago

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322699742225

But I just haven’t had the time to fit it, work has been mental the last 8 months... lockdown has sent people crazy. I must get round to doing the cam follower too, it’s coming up due for a change and that’s the important one.

I hit all the ones the other day! 111,111miles she’s getting an old girl now, plenty of life left in the beast though - I love embarrassing much newer machinery.

I forgot you had a TFSI, I wasn't aware the petrol manifolds had them too.
They still are great cars, mines on 157k now, and that's with only about 3k mike's out in her this year.

Yea, your cold start needs to get mapped out or in, whichever way you choose to look at it as Rob said. Those flaps are actually there for all the turbulent air, to control it, but they are a restriction of air and should help with a tiny amount with a remap after removal.

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bobbytea and Charlie Farley
I bought one of those delete kits before doing enough research, end result is that I never fitted it, well it's still in the garage somewhere...lol

Unless you are stage 3 or beyond the gains are hardly noticible, you may get rid of a possible problematic part in someways but you may get other issues that may become more of an issue than just leaving them alone.

unless they are playing up or your going performance beyond the realms of most, just leave them alone....that's my input, but hey , personal choice again comes into play..:yes:

Drained the water from my battery tray.
Also investigated removing all my vacuum paraphonalia pipework and solenoids for my EGR valve and intake flaps. Just leaving the turbo actuator in place.

Nice. I want rid of my EGR and nonsense so bad.

Think it's killed another intake flap motor on my car..

Reactions: Pie-eyedpiper
Finally got round to doing a few jobs on my A4 the last week or 2.
Only owned the car 3 years and finally got round to getting the cruise control working. Didn’t realise how easy it was to do.
Changed the clutch and brake sensors on the pedals took about 10mins.
Also got all 4 windows to work, only needed to change the set of buttons on the drivers door. Think 2 years of getting wet at work opening the barrier killed it.

st

finally put in my modified avant boot liner to make geting to the fuel pump/control unit easier. might be of use for ideas for others. makes access way easier

Attachments

• 2020-12-04 13.39.56.jpg
    2020-12-04 13.39.56.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 199
  • 2020-12-04 13.39.44.jpg
    2020-12-04 13.39.44.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 213
Doesn't the floor liner just lift out should you ever need to access the fuel pump?
Isn't it under the back seat anyway?

finally put in my modified avant boot liner to make geting to the fuel pump/control unit easier. might be of use for ideas for others. makes access way easier

Doesn't the floor liner just lift out should you ever need to access the fuel pump?
Isn't it under the back seat anyway?

Not in the 2wd avants, its under the liner and getting that out is a pain in the a at best

Reactions: Pie-eyedpiper
Last thousand miles before I've officially broken the 1.9 in
a930f06f34e76b6794e582535e7df50b.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

So update for everyone last thing i had posted about the old girl was the accident which thankfully got repaired all be it very close to a cat but she survived and then after having her back for 2 weeks gearbox decided to **** it self well turned out to be a bearing had gone and in turn decided to damaged the layshaft in the gearbox :sorry::blownose:
So now with a gearbox rebuild done shes back again and finally cleaned

Upload 2020 12 5 17 18 38

Reactions: tr7, Sidrick and Charlie Farley
And on top of all that picked myself up a set of b6 s4 door blades from my mate who had his s4 written off so at some point will get them painted and added to the old girl :yahoo:
Upload 2020 12 5 17 20 52

Reactions: tr7 and Charlie Farley
Allways nice to see another saved from the scrappers.

nice work.:icon thumright:

Reactions: Andy b7
*project* Today got the interior ripped out and door cards off, so on the hunt for s4 door cards in good condition, next job is to shampoo the carpet and get the rest of the interior trim out for either wrapping or finding a carbon set. Will get the seats cleaned up as well while I have them out :)

Attachments

• DDDE09AA-D57E-4E0B-BDDA-5BC7299076DF.jpeg
    DDDE09AA-D57E-4E0B-BDDA-5BC7299076DF.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 186
Not sure if this is the meaning behind this thread but here goes .Took evasive action on a sharp right hand bend to avoid a car straying lanes coming the opposite way and slammed into the kerb
fcf36431c57310589910e0ef8ba3122c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk