What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Got my car back after replacing the gearbox, was very disappointed when they informed that I would be needing a new transmission mount, only 2 years since I installed the 034 mount which claimed a longer life time than the OEM...

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk
Did you just replace with another Auto box in the meantime?
How is it otherwise, driving ok?

Did you just replace with another Auto box in the meantime?
How is it otherwise, driving ok?
Yeah did a full replacement with another CVT, to be honest im still frightened to pressure it, but regular driving is ok I guess.

Reactions: tr7
Said goodbye to the last of my other B7's!

IMG 4277s

Now just to get everything buttoned up on my own

Reactions: AvantMike and Sidrick
Been informed that wife's company are getting rid of car fleet which means I've got to let the Avant go...
Watch this space for classifieds link :(

Nothing to my old bus for a while now, sadly due to being really busy with work the old bus has been neglected for way too long :sadlike:
Not been washed or treated for ages now, hopefully may be resolving that in the next few days.:yes:

may have to invest in a pair of these now, i've allready meshed my s-line covers but these are far nicer.
s-l1600.jpg

Reactions: Sidrick
The 034 transmission mount!!
3767842a19e9887ea59f60fa908d4fe2.jpg

yep as above, made in china but then what is'nt these days, they look like a pretty good product just a shame they are glossy as i'd prefer matt finish but i've ordered a set anyway.

Exactly what happened to mine many years ago. I ended up buying an Apikol one instead.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
I bought the OEM one, but will be looking into this. How is holding up?

I like them they look great but a lot of money for plastic I made mine using the honeycombe grill left over from doing my grill
6d2a5fb216bc4f2bb2e7dee8d27cee17.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Charlie Farley
I made mine too - still might fancy the ones with the chrome on though.....

Mesh Fog Lamp Grille Making

I bought the OEM one, but will be looking into this. How is holding up?

Holding up just fine. They have two different ones you can pick from. One is more firm than the other.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Donfero and Charlie Farley
I made mine too - still might fancy the ones with the chrome on though.....

View attachment 210181

Same as what i did many moons ago chap, i've lost my offside mesh somewhere on our great british road though hence why i'm looking at something a bit more sturdy now.
I also prefer the whole mesh look of the ebay ones compared to just the vent opening .

Reactions: boffin486
Gave the old bus a long, long overdue wash and polish inside and out, now it looks half decent again:yes::thumbs up:.

Ran vcds on the old bus , which is the first time for a few months since the relay fiasco that caused so many probs, fully expected a list of faults , glad to say all was good and nothing flagged up.:icon thumright:

So all in a good day today.

cheers
rob

Reactions: The_Guvnor_1980
Ive had a busy morning with my old bus, stripped the interior and rear bumper and fitted the dedicated towbar electrics. Also removed the mudflaps and gave her a spit and polish ready for my holibobs next week.
20201017 121421

VideoCapture 20201017 182949

VideoCapture 20201017 182918

20201017 124158

Reactions: Ricky Burrows, tr7 and Sidrick
Whats the situation with your 18z's Alex you selling or you still getting round to fitting them.

Yep still have them Ricky and will hopefully be fitted in the next few weekends. Finally pulled my finger out and ordered the final sundrie bits and discs.

Reactions: Ricky Burrows
Some new stopping discs turned up this week for the BBK, yes thats a 2p coin!
20201023 143659

Reactions: Charlie Farley and Sidrick
Go for chap, only one way to find out, as soon as i saw them with the retaining hole i new they weren't the AMG ones..

Reactions: AvantAlexB7
That said i just transfered the hole location from the OE discs to the AMG m-tec ones and drilled / counter sunk a new retaining hole , job done.

The B8 s4 ones are a lot lighter than the AMG discs aswell, every bit helps.

On the subject of big brakes, I'm contemplating going back to these, I should have stuck with them ...:sadlike:

Rim9

Reactions: Stanningtonglen
The B8 S4 ones Rob. Thought I'd be the guinea pig as not many seem to fit these with 18z's, so we'll see how we get on

Don't forget to dry-fit it all first, saves a lot of hassle. when used in conjunction with 18" alloys you won't have much clearance between the caliper and the rim face if it lines up off the car then that a good start, fit the pads etc to ensure your caliper is central on the disc , clearance with this mod are minimal to say the least..lol
IMG 0087aww
IMG 0090aww

Don't forget to dry-fit it all first, saves a lot of hassle. when used in conjunction with 18" alloys you won't have much clearance between the caliper and the rim face if it lines up off the car then that a good start, fit the pads etc to ensure your caliper is central on the disc , clearance with this mod are minimal to say the least..lol
View attachment 211196 View attachment 211197

Yep thats the plan Rob, now the discs are here I'll be dry fitting it all one weekend when i get 10 mins

If the B8 ones are lighter id hate to think how much the AMG ones are.... these weigh a ton!
Its all swings and round about with this upgrade, yes the discs are larger and heavier but then the calipers are lighter than the OE iron block..so it all works it self out , better setup than OE but with no noticible weight penalty..

Its all swings and round about with this upgrade, yes the discs are larger and heavier but then the calipers are lighter than the OE iron block..so it all works it self out , better setup than OE but with no noticible weight penalty..

Yep not really that worried about it. Although i believe that when looking for wheel spacers, i will feomt that will fit B8 not B7. There appears to be a spigot diameter difference