What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Ok Thanks for your help, will have another go the weekend, I new I should not have cleaned that area before trying to fit the new diffuser.!

Reactions: Pie-eyedpiper
What car are you moving into Scott?

I actually won an A45 AMG last Friday..... it arrived today so it feels real now! Will run it for a few months but likely sell on and put some funds into the house rather than watch it depreciate. Would love to get an Audi S2, Mustang GT or E39 M5 or Alpina with the change, but might have to be more sensible.

Reactions: Pie-eyedpiper and Bobbytea
I actually won an A45 AMG last Friday..... it arrived today so it feels real now! Will run it for a few months but likely sell on and put some funds into the house rather than watch it depreciate. Would love to get an Audi S2, Mustang GT or E39 M5 or Alpina with the change, but might have to be more sensible.
Got any tips for the Euromillions tonight?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Ok Thanks for your help, will have another go the weekend, I new I should not have cleaned that area before trying to fit the new diffuser.!

Some of the problem with this valance is that it's not really an OE part like the one you have fitted now or fitting an S4 valance such i mine, they are OE parts .
The valance you have is an audi accessory part so may not be quite as backwards compatible as an OE part, it is made for our cars but may need some fine fettling to fit to OE standards, not ideal i agree but probably why it does'nt just clip on out of the box.

It will look great when on though so worth the fine tuning Richard.

here.

Upload 2020 7 24 18 0 28

MOT day - all passed with just the one advisory for a chip in the windscreen :)

Reactions: Sidrick and Charlie Farley
Hi Rob,
Yes I no it's an accessory but I would have expected to fit without cutting bits off the car, as you know I wont enjoy cutting bits off the bumper,
but, if I want to fit it then I have no choice, I will have a look over the weekend with an assistant to hold it.
Got a bit deflated the other day I tried to fit it, thought this would be easy job.

If was on and fitted like that I would be happy.
When you put the diffuser on the bumper it sits to far out, the locking tabs are to far out from the bumper,
something's holding it off like Piedpiper said.
Put the original diffuser on the bumper and it drops right in place and sits on the car, just needs clips pushing in.

Something amiss there Richard, i cant see it being the bumper as all the valances fit the same way , but its allways possible the european varaints have a different fitting, very unlikely but not impossible with audi.
The only thing that does come to mind is maybe because it was never an option intended for UK markets maybe there is a variation in fitments, again unlikely but allways possible.

Gave my MAF sensor a darn good clean, it was very mucky indeedy.
May help a bit but not really going to notice it , maybe in the fuel consumption dept i may.

Reactions: Donfero
Yes I understand but I cant see any difference in the parts list for the bumpers, euro parts list does cover the UK .
The only thing I can think off that if you ordered one from the factory on a car they would mod the bumper.
I do not have the fitting instructions so not sure what is in them.
So it will have to be trial and hopefully no error, not giving up yet as I really want it on the car.

Just found this Richard.
" Audi say it is not suitable for S Lines "

Not sure why yet but i'm on the case.

B7 valances all retro fit b7 bumpers , why they say this is unclear , maybe its a kit thing.

Upload 2020 7 24 21 28 0

Richard, i have the fitting instructions here, do you want them via PM or on the forum.

Given the instructions clearly say "GB" but Audi say it was not for UK cars , some mixed messages going on ...no change there then from audi.

Yes I understand but I cant see any difference in the parts list for the bumpers, euro parts list does cover the UK .
The only thing I can think off that if you ordered one from the factory on a car they would mod the bumper.
I do not have the fitting instructions so not sure what is in them.
So it will have to be trial and hopefully no error, not giving up yet as I really want it on the car.

The reason it doesn't fit straight on is that the part between the clips and the vent has a much smaller curve than the original diffuser. That prevents the clips from fitting in the slots fully.
Don't worry, you're not trimming anything that can be seen. Just go at it bit by bit checking the fit. Its just a bit more plastic than a Dremel can easily sand down.
I have no idea why they say it doesn't fit an S line, it does. Its a bit like Audi mudflaps too.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Hi Rob, thanks that's just brilliant find, just what I needed.
Why no Sline, no sence to it.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Got one rear corner spring and shock fitted this evening.
Getting the old spring out was a game, I ended up cutting with angle grinder.
And getting the new Eibach in wasn't easy. I had to use spring compressors on it, and had the girlfriend standing on the brake caliper pushing down.
Whist I had the arch liner out I've given it a coat of underseal, will give it more at another time.
Other 3 corners to be tackled tomorrow.

Reactions: Jamsmoo
The reason it doesn't fit straight on is that the part between the clips and the vent has a much smaller curve than the original diffuser. That prevents the clips from fitting in the slots fully.
Don't worry, you're not trimming anything that can be seen. Just go at it bit by bit checking the fit. Its just a bit more plastic than a Dremel can easily sand down.
I have no idea why they say it doesn't fit an S line, it does. Its a bit like Audi mudflaps too.
Thanks for your help as well, your previous reply about cutting was spot on, not sure from the instructions if you have to cut the whole
length?

Reactions: Pie-eyedpiper and Charlie Farley
Got one rear corner spring and shock fitted this evening.
Getting the old spring out was a game, I ended up cutting with angle grinder.
And getting the new Eibach in wasn't easy. I had to use spring compressors on it, and had the girlfriend standing on the brake caliper pushing down.
Whist I had the arch liner out I've given it a coat of underseal, will give it more at another time.
Other 3 corners to be tackled tomorrow.

Making progress all the same.:thumbs up:

did you lower the rear subframe at all?

Big thank you to all for your help, I will post pics when its fitted.

Making progress all the same.:thumbs up:

did you lower the rear subframe at all?

I did, by about 20mm. Just on the side being worked on though. I didn't think it would actually lower on just one side, would it be easier lowering both sides at once?
I was concerned that the subframe bolts would be rusted, but according to some old receipts I've got the previous owner had one rear spring changed in 2014 and one in 2015. I presume that was one each side, but judging by how rubbish S line springs are they might have been both the same spring.

Gave my MAF sensor a darn good clean, it was very mucky indeedy.
May help a bit but not really going to notice it , maybe in the fuel consumption dept i may.
Any reason we should be doing this?

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk

Not Really chap, i had the air box out to do the Cat swap over, the mesh grill in the MAF was a bit mucky so took out the sensor and that was just as mucky.
Given it's importance i gave both a good clean with electrical contact cleaner which is an ideal product, hopefully will have been of some benefit.

Reactions: Donfero
Not Really chap, i had the air box out to do the Cat swap over, the mesh grill in the MAF was a bit mucky so took out the sensor and that was just as mucky.
Given it's importance i gave both a good clean with electrical contact cleaner which is an ideal product, hopefully will have been of some benefit.
Luckily I have some Electric contact cleaner laying around.

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk