What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Replaced dipped, main beam and side light bulbs with Philips White Vision Ultra bulbs. From what I’ve been reading they should give me better light output for driving down country roads compared to standard halogen bulbs. Looking at them in day light I don’t think their as xenon white as they advertise, but they are definitely a lot less yellow than a standard halogen bulb. After refurbing the passenger headlight lense cause it was all scratched I’ve noticed I need to do the same now with the drivers side

Replaced dipped, main beam and side light bulbs with Philips White Vision Ultra bulbs. From what I’ve been reading they should give me better light output for driving down country roads compared to standard halogen bulbs. Looking at them in day light I don’t think their as xenon white as they advertise, but they are definitely a lot less yellow than a standard halogen bulb. After refurbing the passenger headlight lense cause it was all scratched I’ve noticed I need to do the same now with the drivers side
I put led nighthawk (i think there called) they were amazing! Failed the mot though and I haven’t been bothered to fit another set as its a complete pain in the *** to get to.

Once you've got the hang of taking the front bumper off, it's about 30 minutes in total to remove bumper, remove headlights, renew bulbs(and/or HID ballasts), reinstall headlights and reinstall bumper.

Once you've got the hang of taking the front bumper off, it's about 30 minutes in total to remove bumper, remove headlights, renew bulbs(and/or HID ballasts), reinstall headlights and reinstall bumper.
You dont need to remove the bumper to change the bulbs

I put led nighthawk (i think there called) they were amazing! Failed the mot though and I haven’t been bothered to fit another set as its a complete pain in the *** to get to.

I considered looking into LED but couldn’t be bothered faffing around with resistors so thought I’d try these Philips one. Would love to retrofit OEM bi-xenon but can’t justify spending that much money on them really. So if these make my halogen lamps better then it’s money well spent

Reactions: Ricky Burrows
I considered looking into LED but couldn’t be bothered faffing around with resistors so thought I’d try these Philips one. Would love to retrofit OEM bi-xenon but can’t justify spending that much money on them really. So if these make my halogen lamps better then it’s money well spent
Yeah i was in the same boat bi xenons would be great had them on my last two cars but in reality i cant justify spending that money on some lights to be honest not when i got other things on the list id rather get done, bulbs are always a cheap and cheerful upgrade worth doing imo.

Yeah i was in the same boat bi xenons would be great had them on my last two cars but in reality i cant justify spending that money on some lights to be honest not when i got other things on the list id rather get done, bulbs are always a cheap and cheerful upgrade worth doing imo.
Yeah same here need to start putting aside some money for performance upgrades. Which won’t be happening till next year when I can change insurance companies

Yeah same here need to start putting aside some money for performance upgrades. Which won’t be happening till next year when I can change insurance companies
Yeah thats the direction I'm currently heading in and its rather expensive so far lol, what engine is in your again?

Yeah thats the direction I'm currently heading in and its rather expensive so far lol, what engine is in your again?
I’ve got the 2.0tdi 140. A stage one remap should take it to around 170-180 from what I’ve seen when looking into it. Still not as fast as the 2.0tfsi but will be quick enough for the country roads

I’ve got the 2.0tdi 140. A stage one remap should take it to around 170-180 from what I’ve seen when looking into it. Still not as fast as the 2.0tfsi but will be quick enough for the country roads

I had my 140 remapped last year. Makes a world of difference, and supposed to be better than a stock 180 because our smaller turbo spools up quicker.
They can go to 210 with just a remap however.

I had my 140 remapped last year. Makes a world of difference, and supposed to be better than a stock 180 because our smaller turbo spools up quicker.
They can go to 210 with just a remap however.
What did you have yours mapped to? I was expecting to need to do some other supporting mods to get it over the 200bhp mark

@AvantMike is stage 2 his is the 170 though and im sure he said its over 220hp, is it just software between the 140 & 170 or is there hardware involved as well? If its just software then you should get well over 200hp with some simple mods

Reactions: AvantMike
@AvantMike is stage 2 his is the 170 though and im sure he said its over 220hp, is it just software between the 140 & 170 or is there hardware involved as well? If its just software then you should get well over 200hp with some simple mods
Pretty sure the injectors and turbo are different well it was on the passat.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pie-eyedpiper
Pretty sure the 140 has a smaller turbo than the 170

Reactions: Pie-eyedpiper and Ricky Burrows
Hi.
When you're ready if you need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

What did you have yours mapped to? I was expecting to need to do some other supporting mods to get it over the 200bhp mark

It at 170 now, as already said that's as high as it'll go on just software. Anything higher involves a bigger turbo and injectors.
That 30bhp made such a difference though. Just a blip of the throttle and she's so much more responsive.
I had a tuning box on before, also apparently giving 170, but the difference is amazing. No sooty valance and no puff of black smoke on acceleration.

Eventually got around to plugging in my ...a hemmmm... VCDS and removing my airbag light that's been staring me in the face for months, since my seat swap.
Hoo rah!

Reactions: AvantMike and Ricky Burrows
My understanding is that the stock difference between 140 & 170 is turbo and injector type (although I think we all got hit by the injector recall).
So stage 1 on mine took it from 170 (give or take a few bolted horses..) to roughly 210 ish.. it's now reported to be 220+ which we'll call stage 1.5 (no hardware just remapping although I'm yet to see the dyno report).

Reactions: Ricky Burrows
0e9da72b00d3df9ab549c1a033fa62eb.jpg

That was fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sam1989 and Ricky Burrows
My understanding is that the stock difference between 140 & 170 is turbo and injector type (although I think we all got hit by the injector recall).
So stage 1 on mine took it from 170 (give or take a few bolted horses..) to roughly 210 ish.. it's now reported to be 220+ which we'll call stage 1.5 (no hardware just remapping although I'm yet to see the dyno report).
Cant believe you still not got the dyno pop down and see him in person mate see what he says surely hes got it sorted by now.

Reactions: AvantMike
You got it out then?
Take you long?

Couple hrs! Lots of pb blaster (never kno if it made a difference) Ground bolt head off pulled it through from nut side using spacers as I went and a 10mm drift from bolt side as you have a good angle of attack

Couple hrs! Lots of pb blaster (never kno if it made a difference) Ground bolt head off pulled it through from nut side using spacers as I went and a 10mm drift from bolt side as you have a good angle of attack

Good work there.
Was it the same for both sides?
I've heard that the passenger side is by far the harder, due to increased corrosion being thrown up from salt etc accumulated in the road gutter. That is exactly what I've found so far. I don't see my spare passenger leg bolt coming out without heat say.

Good work there.
Was it the same for both sides?
I've heard that the passenger side is by far the harder, due to increased corrosion being thrown up from salt etc accumulated in the road gutter. That is exactly what I've found so far. I don't see my spare passenger leg bolt coming out without heat say.

That was the near side ,not attempting drivers side today ,kept getting rained off

All you chaps have been busy bee's the last week, good stuff.:icon thumright:

Reactions: Pie-eyedpiper
Honest opinion before i get involved
fb51c01c1ecf9d7dc707f84e1706a43c.jpg

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk

Reactions: AvantMike and Pie-eyedpiper
Honest opinion before i get involved
fb51c01c1ecf9d7dc707f84e1706a43c.jpg

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk

looks nice, works for me but probably in 19" format just to reduce the amount of tyre visible , more metal & less rubber is my motto these days.

Reactions: Donfero
I waved goodbye to my DTM......

For a few weeks whilst it has a bit of under bonnet fettling done.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

5F0BA2E0 D6C3 4DF3 BA61 D5CCC6F1C885
Plasti dipped the silver door surrounds trims

also had my wheels painted by a company called bling your rims Liverpool on my drive way ...

Other mods:
eyelids from eBay

Black Audi rings from eBay

plasti dipped the front grille and rear rings

univeral bumper lip

rear windows tinted limo tint

Reactions: Jamsmoo and Sam1989
Saw the wheels on facebook. Amazing finish they get if that's a repair and paint in the back of a van.

I did mine whilst swapping seats. The job was hard enough then and I could tilt them and have at all angles to get the bolts in.
Did you loosen yours off the runners to do it?

Took the passenger seat out but did the drivers in the car just tilted back. The speed nuts were a right **** to get on at the rear.

Seatdrawer2

They absolutely were.
I'm not sure what the correct fixings are, but I just used some small nuts and bolts that I had.
There is a video on YouTube of a guy fitting them with the seats in situ. He must be some sort of contortionist.

Reactions: Chrismawa
It's crazy to see what options your cars don't come with in the UK compared to the options it does. Seems like you guys don't get cruise control, those seat drawers or sunroofs. The Americans don't get the good seat options though.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I'd say 90% of UK cars had cc

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk