What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

You really ought to Rob, for the market place if nothing else.
To be fair most parts in my area do seem to be the breaking of whole cars. But occasionally a local gem does turn up.

Fitted a new oil filter housing as the old one had taken a battering and the cap was a bit chewed up.

2 o-rings later and the Febi replacement got launched in the bin and original refitted.

Febi

Diverter valve was knackered so fitted the DV+ I bought ages ago, one bolt was a **** to get out due to combo of rust, rounded head and loctite.
Wheel alignment tomorrow.

Fitted a new oil filter housing as the old one had taken a battering and the cap was a bit chewed up.

2 o-rings later and the Febi replacement got launched in the bin and original refitted.

View attachment 199552
happened to me before.. a regular oil change turned into a nightmare, the whole housing is sh*** plastic and when re assembling it snapped to the point,where it was not possible to repair,was spraying oil to atmosphere under pressure. i had the get a brand new replacement unit which wasn't cheap at all.
and of course I found out a quite scary way, when I lost all the oil in a 20 minute drive and saw the red oil pressure sign lighting up the dash.

Gave the old bus a checkover for it's mot tomorrow.
A month early but the garage I use are very concerned they will have to close very soon and if they do my april 26th MOT will not happen, well they cant say when they will reopen , so asked me if I could drop it in tomorrow as they have a cancellation.
So I took the chance to get it out of the way sooner than later, hopefully will pass but one never really knows.

Give it a good thrash before you go to warm up the cat, I should have given mine one before I went last week,
just managed to pass on the CO on tickover.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
On the subject of MOTs, the test on the wife's car was up yesterday and two places cancelled bookings for it last week. I read today that no allowances have been made for if you're stopped without a valid MOT during the current situation.

You've got to presume the police and insurance companies would apply common sense, but it's not a game I'd like to play.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
On the subject of MOTs, the test on the wife's car was up yesterday and two places cancelled bookings for it last week. I read today that no allowances have been made for if you're stopped without a valid MOT during the current situation.

You've got to presume the police and insurance companies would apply common sense, but it's not a game I'd like to play.

you would think so , but I doubt they will.
There are going to be lot of cars that will be effectively uninsured and not road worthy on the roads, well if we are still allowed to use them after 8.30pm today that is.
If I cant use it for an unknown length of time i'll just cancel my insurance and tax then declare it SORN.

I read today that no allowances have been made for if you're stopped without a valid MOT during the current situation.

It's only a 40 quid fine for no mot, so I wouldn't overly worry about it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It's only a 40 quid fine for no mot, so I wouldn't overly worry about it.

True, But you’re not insured if you have an accident. And insurance companies are assholes when it comes to anything like that.

Reactions: Sidrick
Driving without an MOT won't always make your insurance invalid. In most instances the insurers will still pay out in full - and if your car is stolen, or damaged, the payout will usually only be reduced to reflect the value of the car without a current MOT.

Driving without an MOT won't always make your insurance invalid. In most instances the insurers will still pay out in full - and if your car is stolen, or damaged, the payout will usually only be reduced to reflect the value of the car without a current MOT.

This is dangerous, misinformed advice. Please disregard.

I work in a bodyshop and it says you can go to and from work unless you can work at home so do i go or not? I obviously cant work from home and they haven’t technically said i cant go? Would assume it would be the same for mechanics ect? Bit confused as its not technically a full on lockdown?

England seems less strict, but no, your work is not essential, you should not leave home. You can be paid up to 80% of your wage, or 2500, if you cannot work, I believe.

Reactions: AvantMike
I can't emphasise enough how much this is an individuals choice. You need to be the one in control for you family, friends, and anyone you're in contact with. Employers will not always do that for you.
The government has put in place systems to help you during these times. Please research those before thinking of going out.

I'm not sure how this will workout now.
If I cant get a new mot after the end of april I cant effectively use the car due to the garage being shut down, so MOT will be invalid, and insurance will be invalid etc.
As a family we need essential provisions as a minimum once a week, plus perscription's , we cant just walk to the shops etc and public transport has been reduced to nothing in our location now.
Do I just drive to the shop as though the car is mot'd or what?

Any other testing station you can use this time?
Surely yours will fly through Rob, all the love you show it?
All mines had for the last 3 yrs is my handbrake wasn't pull on evenly.

Seems quite clear.

If the MOT has run out
You cannot drive or park your vehicle on the road if the MOT has run out. You can be prosecuted if caught.

The only exceptions are to drive it:

• to or from somewhere to be repaired
  • to a pre-arranged MOT test
so I wont be using it then full stop after 29th of april if the current restrictions are carried forward .

I've email'd the appropriate Gov dept for clarification on the problem.

I’m pretty sure Ireland had something about their version of MOT happen this year with the majority of car ramps across the country not being up to spec and dangerous - the government gave exemptions on the certificates and it was all postponed.

I would imagine due to the exceptional circumstances that something similar will happen in the UK.

Allowed*

Well that's good as mine is due at the end of October :flushed: I was beginning to get worried!

Tried calling my local chaps and no reply, I suspect they may well have shut up shop but will try again shortly just in case.
I read a few articles on the very same subject late last night which advised MOT testing would not be affected under the restrictions but ultimately is down to the individual garage / test centres concerned and how they address social distancing etc.

A bit of clarification from Gov.

I need to get some fuel or my car needs repairing, will garages be open?

Garages should remain open so people can get fuel and repairs, Mr Gove said - but car showrooms should be closed.

New pair of freshly painted front wings arrived!
c595dfa8e9f4c9585d0456e437c0dbf2.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Reactions: AvantMike, HOGG, Bobbytea and 1 other person
Not a bad job but not a short job... just changed my old ones well what was left of them :blink:
Fortunately time is something we're all quite rich on at the moment :) [or at least it will be after Friday when I've submitted 80 pages of text and graphics]

Fortunately time is something we're all quite rich on at the moment :) [or at least it will be after Friday when I've submitted 80 pages of text and graphics]

Ah, you're the one who will finally tell us where the clitoris is!

Reactions: AvantMike
New pair of freshly painted front wings arrived!
c595dfa8e9f4c9585d0456e437c0dbf2.jpg

My '08 plate was a Lincoln Audi ex-demonstrator, when the previous owner bought it from Audi all was fine. Shortly after both wing tops started to discolour so the dealer had it back and resprayed them.
After a couple of years they started getting stone chipped like buggery and I'd heard that a dealers paint shop never quite gets the same durable finish as the factory.
Anyway since my girlfriend ripped the front valance off from parking over kerbs (despite numerous warnings) we had them resprayed again and all seems as good as new again, for now.