What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Been ripped off by my local audi stealers this afternoon, N80 at nearly £40 , from opie oils £16 , but none in stock so audi have me by the short and curlies once again.:shrug:

so you're just doing the s4 carriers then on the oem calipers.

Yes. I believe the 320mm and 345mm share the same calipers, no?

Not a massive upgrade but I needed disks anyway so thought it'd be rude not to get an extra 25mm while I was at it. Went drilled only to keep the OEM DTM look :) I appreciate that multi-pot calipers would be better, but I'm not in a pace to do that just now if I ever want to remap the car!

Reactions: Bobbytea and Charlie Farley
They are, it is just the carriers that are different and not by a massive amount.

Yes. I believe the 320mm and 345mm share the same calipers, no?

Not a massive upgrade but I needed disks anyway so thought it'd be rude not to get an extra 25mm while I was at it. Went drilled only to keep the OEM DTM look :) I appreciate that multi-pot calipers would be better, but I'm not in a pace to do that just now if I ever want to remap the car!

I did the carrier upgrade to S4’s with standard callipers too. It gives you a fair bit more on the stop pedal and Doesn’t sacrifice modulation either. It does keep a good oem look as well.

What pads are you going for?

Reactions: Sidrick
Blew a boost hose of the passenger side intercooler :triumph:

To be fair the clip holding it on wasn’t in the best shape. When I removed the pipe fully I was surprised at how much oil came out!

Def need to get another catch can on the turbo side of the car

Reactions: Bobbytea and Charlie Farley
Put my intercooler hose back on. Love a bit of boost in the morning :wink:

Reactions: Bobbytea and Ricky Burrows
On a slightly more upbeat note, picked up my replacement N80 valve:icon thumright:, so not everything has been a complete loss this week.

Today I had a few mins to spare so replaced the N80 , cleared the error log, I suspect the valve has been slowly failing anyway due to the amount of times its been logged as faulty over the last week.
The old bus was running very well , with the exception of the N80 throwing an intermittent MIL lamp over the last week, but certainly idles even better now and starts very well, of late its been turning over more times before starting.
So all good to go for a bit longer.:icon thumright:

Also had to evict a mouse and house from behind the battery, little monkey had made a right old house in there, also cleaned the whole bay so now winter debris free and bungs are clear.

Off for a cappuccino now...:salute:

Reactions: boffin486, Bobbytea, Sidrick and 1 other person
Cleaned the avant today in prep for the works tomorrow. I hate working on a dirty car. Used a the new auto glym polar range with very good effect. All applied in snow foam form - TFR foam, Shampoo snow foam, ceramic coating spray. Quick and easy but not a replacement from a proper TFR/2bucket/clay session/polish/sealant jobby (but that normally takes me 4-6h)

I feel like I’ve been here before but work for tomorrow:
New bumper, new wing, new bonnet, replacement of slam panel, replacement of coolant.
88e2d1e92525a405089e213cae7e5d4f.jpg

Reactions: boffin486, Sidrick and Ricky Burrows
Finally got around to fitting the STX coilovers now sitting nice 4 wheel alignment done with RS4 config wasnt too far off that setup either.
Rears are bottomed out with no more adjustment so need to keep an eye on it when it settles and front might come down a bit more but again going to see how she settles. Excuse the dirty car will have to get some more pics when its cleaned.
Upload 2020 1 25 17 36 16

Upload 2020 1 25 17 36 38

Reactions: Dan_Avant and Sidrick
Finally got around to fitting the STX coilovers now sitting nice 4 wheel alignment done with RS4 config wasnt too far off that setup either.
Rears are bottomed out with no more adjustment so need to keep an eye on it when it settles and front might come down a bit more but again going to see how she settles. Excuse the dirty car will have to get some more pics when its cleaned.
View attachment 196805
View attachment 196806
KW certainly know there stuff when it comes to suspension how are you finding the STX’s so far?

2nd pic looks like they have settled nicely :icon thumright:

Reactions: Andy b7
Wasn't actually working on the Audi today....... but did fit two new rear brake calipers on the old mans Passat. :pride:

KW certainly know there stuff when it comes to suspension how are you finding the STX’s so far?

2nd pic looks like they have settled nicely :icon thumright:
They sure do... not too bad havent had a good drive one them yet but noticed they are abit stiffer than the oem found they were pretty stiff for factory shocks plus didn't want to go too low as been there done that want more of a nice stance will add some spacers in due time.

Reactions: Ricky Burrows
They sure do... not too bad havent had a good drive one them yet but noticed they are abit stiffer than the oem found they were pretty stiff for factory shocks plus didn't want to go too low as been there done that want more of a nice stance will add some spacers in due time.
Looks good mate yeah wheel spacers are a must to finish of a nice stance.

Reactions: Andy b7
Sold my mk1 TT 225 Quattro to fund some more upgrades/repairs on the b7.

Got a substantial oil leak that needs sorting asap!

Manual Boost Control, best 20$ ever spent on this car!

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ricky Burrows
A couple of ongoing projects...

First one is giving it a proper clean, clay and 3 stage machine polish. Having to do it panel by panel as I'm using the car daily, prep takes longer but end result should be the same.

Much easier to clean once it's done

20200128 154933 1580232134990

Other project is alloy refurb, not done one for a while so this will keep me busy for a few nights after the kids are in bed

20200128 155221

Reactions: Charlie Farley, Rusky27, Ricky Burrows and 2 others
A couple of ongoing projects...

First one is giving it a proper clean, clay and 3 stage machine polish. Having to do it panel by panel as I'm using the car daily, prep takes longer but end result should be the same.

Much easier to clean once it's done

View attachment 196925

Other project is alloy refurb, not done one for a while so this will keep me busy for a few nights after the kids are in bed

View attachment 196927
When the autoglym can comes round ill grab a clay bar kit off him mine really needs doing especially before the summer

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Added an instant 20bhp today with new air freshener, r8 oil cap and Porsche coolant cap :welcoming: :nogarors4:
E4800AFA B4A6 4373 9D7B EF076161520E
CBFE2147 7F62 4E05 9FD9 8EEB95801EB6

Reactions: boffin486, Sidrick and Charlie Farley
Shampooed my carpets, very happy now indeed, another good job done.:yes:

Reactions: Sam1989
Shampooed my carpets, very happy now indeed, another good job done.:yes:
My poor carpets are desperate. Hopefully get chance to clean them tomorrow. Had to crop them out of my air freshener pic due to embarrassment :blink:

My poor carpets are desperate. Hopefully get chance to clean them tomorrow. Had to crop them out of my air freshener pic due to embarrassment :blink:
Car carpets do get a real hammering during the winter and I think everyone's get grubby so you're not alone, I just try to keep on top of things really.
It's easy to spend lots of money on the exterior but interiors sometimes get overlooked , especially carpets.
have a good one.

Been out in mine for a drive while it was a decent day. My instant 20bhp upgrades the other day may not have worked out too well. Random misfires and lack of performance in the higher revs. So guessing the guide is failing on Bank 1. Timing chain service coming up. Always knew this day would come. Just didn’t think it would be day after my tax return haha.

Reactions: Dan_Avant
Smile per mile went up today. Turbo is loving the cold air in the mornings :racer:

Also ordered a FBMFST :icon thumright:

Reactions: Sidrick and Charlie Farley
Smile per mile went up today. Turbo is loving the cold air in the mornings :racer:

Also ordered a FBMFST :icon thumright:
Agreed Dan,
nice bit of cold air is very welcomed , well the old bus likes it even If I dont't..lol

Since I’ve put the S3 injectors in, the part throttle acceleration in 2nd gear is awesome. Really throws you back in the seat. Even more so with the cooler air this week!

Bought an S3 flat bottom wheel mate. Apparently it’s already been rewired to work in a b7 but we’ll see

Since I’ve put the S3 injectors in, the part throttle acceleration in 2nd gear is awesome. Really throws you back in the seat. Even more so with the cooler air this week!

Seat of the pant's driving then.:icon thumright:

Took a pic LOL
4264bdabd1ad83083ab4a9178991328f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk