What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Do the fog light surrounds come out without removing the front bumper??

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Yeah they do on S-Line one. They are in there pretty well so you have to be firm when pulling them out.

Reactions: AvantMike
Took a random pic LOL
076699c137c480bcdf9ea138d9666514.jpg

Reactions: Stanningtonglen
Unscrew them? Or front bumper off?

Did a few things when I had the wheel off to do the A/C pressure sensor the other day. Cleaned behind the arch liner, removed the stripped brake disc screw and topped up the fluids. Strong smell of petrol in the engine oil :/ Definitely wasn't the case on the last oil change, prior to fuel pump replacement, so might have a problem. Oil and filter ordered and I've a spare HPFP o-ring in the tool box just in case it wasn't a 'bedding in' issue.

Did a few things when I had the wheel off to do the A/C pressure sensor the other day. Cleaned behind the arch liner, removed the stripped brake disc screw and topped up the fluids. Strong smell of petrol in the engine oil :/ Definitely wasn't the case on the last oil change, prior to fuel pump replacement, so might have a problem. Oil and filter ordered and I've a spare HPFP o-ring in the tool box just in case it wasn't a 'bedding in' issue.

Do you have a catch can? It’s not uncommon for it mix like that and smell that way. You might be getting some blow by if you don’t have a catch can. Might be worth looking at your PCV system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sidrick
Do you have a catch can? It’s not uncommon for it mix like that and smell that way. You might be getting some blow by if you don’t have a catch can. Might be worth looking at your PCV system.

I don't have a catch can and the PCV valve and hoses are a couple of months old. I might send a sample away to see if we're dealing with a negligible amount or a real problem, rather than relying on the sniff test.

So yesterday I changed the waterpump, timing belt, aux belt and valve cover gasket. I managed to break a pcv hose and a valve cover bolt, and also I broke my dipstick the other week too, but the parts are ordered and I sellotaped the hose back together for now , my new intercooler arrived today too, so I can't wait to fit that.
17d55be5b43a1cb28a0d60ca2df6e54a.jpg
354a335fb08b0233d8c4619e7e2b2ece.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bobbytea, GDCAUDIA4B7, Sam1989 and 2 others
So yesterday I changed the waterpump, timing belt, aux belt and valve cover gasket. I managed to break a pcv hose and a valve cover bolt, and also I broke my dipstick the other week too, but the parts are ordered and I sellotaped the hose back together for now , my new intercooler arrived today too, so I can't wait to fit that.

Wheres the intercooler from mate?

Reactions: Metalsmurf
Wheres the intercooler from mate?
I got it from creations motorsport on ebay, it's the 'wellycooler' type. 600x300x65. I went for the 2.5" outlets as the intake is 2.5". Its way bigger than I imagined

Reactions: Ricky Burrows
I got it from creations motorsport on ebay, it's the 'wellycooler' type. 600x300x65. I went for the 2.5" outlets as the intake is 2.5". Its way bigger than I imagined

Lol Should look great behind the bumper then

My reasoning is by the time I'm done it'll be as fast as a S5

Reactions: AvantMike and Ricky Burrows

We meet again!!!!! I commented on your post on Facebook earlier today

We meet again!!!!! I commented on your post on Facebook earlier today
On which site? I've been busy on the old facebook today mate

Just looked at the post again mate, nice to speak again lol

Not sold the special edition bus ….that would just be wrong:sadlike:, sold another piece of un-needed kit so a few more pennies towards the somewhat illusive RS4.

Spent most of the evening cleaning, just about got a picture before dark

Attachments

• F9A11C38-709C-419B-92C8-8798A03C753F.jpeg
    F9A11C38-709C-419B-92C8-8798A03C753F.jpeg
    702.6 KB · Views: 96
Reactions: The_Guvnor_1980, Stanningtonglen, AvantMike and 3 others
On which site? I've been busy on the old facebook today mate

Just looked at the post again mate, nice to speak again lol

Be sure to post links when you get it all fitted up and working buddy

Bought a Mk2 RNS-E from a Seat Exeo. Are they just plug and play to replace the Mk1? Do they have security codes?

Got the Audi back after a week being looked after by my local Indy... managed to swap my old Leon for work done on the Audi which was a bonus. They get a new courtesy car and I get New near side track rod, fix a small leak from the back of the EGR and a chemical clean (I know I know... fairy dust, but she does feel nice so psychosomatic or not I’ll take it). I ****** love this car and she feels 100% tighter than the little 1 series I’ve just bought.

Reactions: Ricky Burrows and Sidrick
Had the contact sport 5's on for a few days and I have mixed feelings on them really Compared to my previous Goodyear eagle F1's .
In the dry they are very good, a little bit more road noise but good grip etc, in the wet not so good for me.
I find they lack feeling a bit and a little bit disappointing on wet corners, the F1's were very sure footed even on very wet corners and never felt like grip was letting go, the contact sports don't have that .
So , i'll leave them on for now and see how things go for a few months and review it again, I may just have to go back to the F1's .

Reactions: AvantMike
Had the contact sport 5's on for a few days and I have mixed feelings on them really Compared to my previous Goodyear eagle F1's .
In the dry they are very good, a little bit more road noise but good grip etc, in the wet not so good for me.
I find they lack feeling a bit and a little bit disappointing on wet corners, the F1's were very sure footed even on very wet corners and never felt like grip was letting go, the contact sports don't have that .
So , i'll leave them on for now and see how things go for a few months and review it again, I may just have to go back to the F1's .
Thats the opposite to me i find mine decent in the wet, maybe the 4wd adds something different? Maybe the extra weight, i never expected good performance in wet as its a more dry weather focused tyre but i find it ok for what it is. Ive never had eagle f1’s though so i cant give an opinion on the 2.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
I had been running the eagle F1's for ages , I found them to be excellent wet and dry performance tyres and with low road noise too, add to that they seem to last forever made them a first rate tyre.
I suppose its early days for the contact 5's so i'll see how they go in the short term.

What I have found is that the quattro let's me take corners a tad quicker than in 2wd drive cars in wet or on lower grip surfaces so I think that's where its more noticeable for me , being able to take advantage of the all AWD around corners does showup any shortfalls in tyre performance in lesser road surface conditions.
well that's my thinking and experiences to date.:icon thumright:

Rainsport 3’s and Quattro are the way forward in the rain. I’ve never felt grip like it :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Ricky Burrows
Rainsport 3’s and Quattro are the way forward in the rain. I’ve never felt grip like it :tearsofjoy:
Literally just about to say rainsports never heard a bad word about them and even for there name rainsports I've heard there pretty damn good in the dry as well.

Rob i thought 2wd would need the most help from tyre grip round corners and show up more faults? Maybe its just your driving my friend? Haha

Reactions: Sam1989 and Charlie Farley
I’ll vouch for Rainsports too. Very good tyre and available at very good prices.

Reactions: Sam1989 and Metalsmurf
I’ll vouch for Rainsports too. Very good tyre and available at very good prices.

I'll prob go for those for my next tyre as I'm looking to pick up some 19s next week. I'm currently running Avon ZZ5. I am actually really happy with them, just as good as my old Michelin PS4s, but maybe I'm not a fast enough driver to notice the difference lol

Literally just about to say rainsports never heard a bad word about them and even for there name rainsports I've heard there pretty damn good in the dry as well.

Rob i thought 2wd would need the most help from tyre grip round corners and show up more faults? Maybe its just your driving my friend? Haha

It may well be my driving as I do like to find the limits of tyre adhesion on a regular basis..:haha: , i'm not really captain slow to be honest.:icon thumright:

Reactions: AvantMike and Ricky Burrows
I'll prob go for those for my next tyre as I'm looking to pick up some 19s next week. I'm currently running Avon ZZ5. I am actually really happy with them, just as good as my old Michelin PS4s, but maybe I'm not a fast enough driver to notice the difference lol

Demon tweeks had rainsports in 19’s for a decent price the other day if you wanted some.

Today nothing exiting. Just driving it for the first time in a couple of weeks. Forgot how much fun it was. Especially after driving the betters half’s fiesta :tearsofjoy:

Made a start on changing the suspension shocks and springs.

Took a bit longer due to cleaning and then undersealing at the same time. Test run tomorrow to see how things are and then probably get alignment checked as its paid for anyway.

Rps20190818 221941

Next job will be service and disc n pad change, will tart up the calipers while I'm at it they look a bit shabby now.

Reactions: Sam1989, Sidrick and Charlie Farley