What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Fitted my short number plates, struggling to get the sticky crap off the tail gate though....any ideas??
477110ecf6bacb7348122e4afc5ae57b.jpg

cce9f6f51f13e13b845b4e716a773e8c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sean_ and James.c
Fitted my short number plates, struggling to get the sticky **** off the tail gate though....any ideas??
477110ecf6bacb7348122e4afc5ae57b.jpg

cce9f6f51f13e13b845b4e716a773e8c.jpg

Wd40 sir......

Reactions: J0N
Thanks for that, I'll give it a try.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's only gone and worked, thanks for that.
8d27e81df09661fee98fefd98e52c1ab.jpg

Im a bit ocd but if fitting shirt plate in needs to be bang center imo so all gaps are equal. Or you need to plate blank so you arent half filling the recess. Looks shiney tho and splitter looks good

59mm each side from the edge of the plate to the inside edge of the recess. My Mrs' number plate would drive you insane, the actual lettering isn't level in relation to the frame.....

Reactions: MartinHudson6
My rear plate is very lopsided, has been for about 5 years now haha would really bug you guys but I'm fine with it.

Being put down to work on a day you booked off 3weeks in advance then no one around to talk to about it

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

that's a bummer martin , i'd claim an extra day for the messup...

Did my thermostat. Way more involved than any other car I've done it on but not as bad as I thought it'd be.

4e37c11b8b7aaa1b67a5752143d0f9f0.jpg

Tom has installed a snazzy new head unit today! Very happy with the upgrade from the old RNS-E unit.

Reactions: ckl139, Tyrer, Sean_ and 2 others
Put a deposit down on these and will be picking them up this weekend, been after a set of these for ages! Will post up more pictures of them fitted once they're on..

59d65f15530574a4a5da619baac7552a.png

Reactions: Tyrer, TheTomCutler and J0N
20170912 114901

You got to have the pen!

Reactions: TheTomCutler, Tyrer and J0N
looking very nice chap, those oz's make such a massive change in the look of your car, they really suit it now, looked good before but the previous rims didn't really do the car any favours but now it looks spot on....I see they have a few minor curbing's , will you be getting them redone to be 100% aswell.
Reminds me of Dimi's saloon before he broke it up, that looked very good to with the oz alloys on.

Reactions: Sean_ and carlcall
@Just Rob, did you notice the bonnet gap (between both sides). Believe it normal on B7s.

Last edited:
And them fitted
5096cf18cb54fc99acde2068409b7b1b.jpg

108b51e37bdbb9a273b11501dfe60135.jpg

a794eb2d3bb4afefe2618dc6b893d2b1.jpg

03f955daf0dcef250a9d5fad0307b1f2.jpg

S4 door blades also make a big difference to the overall look aswell, they tend to give the car a much more aggressive appearance and stance....very nice..one day i'll get mine fitted aswell, so much to do though.

This one

a9bd5ef28786dd929ad25f7e6e83dfa7.jpg

But then this one is fine @JON car

7138e4bade1fa655ca250fbc70c7b710.jpg

hard to be 100% as the angle of pic can be misleading.....Sean's does look a bit out of alignment from the pic, but without seeing front on its hard to say for sure and if so what is the cause, i'd like to see a front on really before making an on the spot conclusion.

Reactions: V6_Man
Yep they will be getting re-done so they are 100% perfect but I couldn't wait to put them on, you know how it goes. My brakes are dwarfed now behind them so it looks like I'll be needing bigger brakes sooner than I thought.

The car is a good bit lower now with the lower tyre profile and the front does now catch a good bit more which is a pain but has to be done..

I think the colour is spot on as well, was tempted by black but much prefer this colour!

Reactions: J0N, Charlie Farley and V6_Man
I had noticed that with the alignment of the bonnet but wasn't sure if it is off because it mates perfectly at the top of the lights and the wing. Is it out of shape do you's think?

I bet those oz's are an ET42 or 45 sean, if not very close , if you are still running with the 10 & 20 mm spacers fitted that's where you problem will most likely be, you'll need to be doing some adjustments there very possibly, but if your going big cals then you may want to sort them out first as your spacing may well change again to clear the calipers.

I had noticed that with the alignment of the bonnet but wasn't sure if it is off because it mates perfectly at the top of the lights and the wing. Is it out of shape do you's think?

Not sure @sean. It is the same with mine as well. It mates perfectly at the top of the light and the wing but there is a small gap between both the sides if you look at it from the front. My other B7 had the same problem now that I look at the pictures.

And ever since @Rob mentioned it, it is bugging me . I will have to have it looked but wanted to make sure it is just mine before I do that. It might just be the bumper slightly out - not sure tbh.

58085ce8b0d6e555e6d3c392974df11b.jpg

just had a look at some other angles and it does look to be protruding more on the nearside than on the offside, height doesn't look to bad but you may need to adjust the offside a bit to bring the grill out a shade and possibly move the nearside in a tad, either way its pretty straight forward to just even out the protusion of the grill by loosening the central bolt on the top of the grill and the single bolts eitherside by the headlamps , that way you can fine tune the forward and rewards movement of the grill/bumper. just make sure the grill and bumper are level first.

I feel your pan with the brakes.....

Not sure @sean. It is the same with mine as well. It mates perfectly at the top of the light and the wing but there is a small gap between both the sides if you look at it from the front. My other B7 had the same problem now that I look at the pictures.

And ever since @Rob mentioned it, it is bugging me . I will have to have it looked but wanted to make sure it is just mine before I do that. It might just be the bumper slightly out - not sure tbh.

58085ce8b0d6e555e6d3c392974df11b.jpg

that's way out of level chap, the bumper needs to come up on the offside if your happy with the gap on the nearside, what you need to remember is that the grill is fixed to the bumper , so to get the gap even you need to adjust the bumper height via the two height adjusters that the bumper slides into, the bumper itself can also be fine tuned by adjusting the protrusion , by adjusting both you end up with a factory finish nice and even etc.

there are a fair few guides on the webby to show how to do it, just choose which works best for you.

You are a star @Just Rob. That is Sunday sorted wife permitting . If not, definitely next weekend.

a word of caution chap, the adjusters that the bumper sits on/in are a bit mickey mouse and are prone to seizing and being generally a bit of a pain, don't be surprised if you cant move them at all, sometimes if they are problematic the only real solution is to remove the bumper and free them up or get two new ones and refit the bumper and adjust as required, just a heads up really.

these are the offending adjusters, same part for R & L , sometimes they are just stuck sometimes already broken from previous tampering etc and if your really lucky they will wind up and down without problem...
Ass6

I bet those oz's are an ET42 or 45 sean, if not very close , if you are still running with the 10 & 20 mm spacers fitted that's where you problem will most likely be, you'll need to be doing some adjustments there very possibly, but if your going big cals then you may want to sort them out first as your spacing may well change again to clear the calipers.

Yep, spot on Rob they are ET45 and I have kept my spacers front & back. Plenty of clearance on the front for the current brake setup.

I will need to adjust the height a little bit though, people currently hate driving behind me

these are the offending adjusters, same part for R & L , sometimes they are just stuck sometimes already broken from previous tampering etc and if your really lucky they will wind up and down without problem...
View attachment 136231

Cheers mate. Will order the new ones just in case. Car is in week after for Cambelt and waterpump replacement and possibly brakes. Will ask my Indy if he could do it all.

this how close my 19" Et35 rims are to the 18z'S , 2mm at the very most clearance, something to keep in mind sean if you go bigger cals , getting the right spacing with specific offsets is crutial to avoid major headaches .

Ass7