What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Seat decals and puddle lights fitted, glovebox hinge replaced as well.
Appreciate the puddle lights may be marmite, but I think they work on the cab.

Hey I bought a roll of the carbon stuff, 2.5m x 30cm and that was enough to do the grille and the Windows surrounds.

Basically measures the width of each strip I needed to cover and cut the roll up into long strips. Narrow for the top of the window and wider for the bottom.
Then a wider strip for the grille.

Went for first proper drive since doing the snub mount yesterday and am pretty impressed. It's got rid of all the slop when picking up the clutch and when engine breaking, makes it feel a lot more tight.

Changed my headlights over from the projectors with hids back to std halogens. Projectors might be up for grabs!

Fitted the dipped beam bulbs today, ten minute job which I hadn't anticipated.
Having hands like a child does come in handy at times haha.

Booked the car in for a protection detail with a local guy for next week too. I have no time lately to get a proper job done so it's money well spent

Reactions: Jasesapphy
Fitted wheels and splitter , just polished it

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 275
Reactions: Stanningtonglen, Tyrer, D6DPH and 3 others
Collected the car from the detailer mate of mine, a very reasonable price charged and one spanky clean car ready for the Mrs to trash this weekend ;)
Uploadfromtaptalk1462392678364

I gave the wife's 3.0tdi a full detail too

Reactions: Stanningtonglen and Charlie Farley
love that colour on a cab, great looking.

Reactions: flat4matt
Well got it mapped today....so much nicer to drive as the throttle isn't as laggy, you touch the accelerator and it seems to respond immediately.

No massive hit of torque in first gear as it comes in smoother now and pulls all through the rev range but I ran out of tarmac on my private test track so didn't get it into 6th.

Reactions: Stanningtonglen, Dani_B19, tony mc and 2 others
so a happy chappy then carl, what sort of cost was involved.

£300 Rob but he charged me incorrectly as it should've been £350 as I wanted it on a handset so I could revert it back to standard as and when I wanted to. Otherwise it would've been £240.

At the end of the day it's a generic map which for what is basically a standard car it will do fine.

sounds like a good deal then, also allways handy to be able to reverse something, hope it works out in the long term carl.

Reactions: carlcall
carl, I was looking at your pics a few replies back , what size rims are you running, I only ask as the rear brake disks look quite small or is it an optical illusion .

They are 19's Rob and they do look small in the pics.....even the 312mm on the fronts look small

Ive just had to go out and look as I was feeling inadequate but they do look bigger than in the pics......so maybe a slight optical illision

Made the biggest mistake of taking her to Audi for an MOT, and the results!

FAIL!

- incorrect level of beam on right light
- incorrect projection on left light
- wheel bearing
- number plates not to correct spacing

Fixed the lights and plates but Audi want £700 to replace both rear bearings, so called up my local Halfords that service our work cars and with a little discount £250 all in so not too bad. I won't be going back to Audi for an MOT that's for sure.

Why would you want to take it to Audi for an mot,its guarenteed they would find the smallest thing wrong and then make you pay the earth for it

Made the biggest mistake of taking her to Audi for an MOT, and the results!

FAIL!

- incorrect level of beam on right light
- incorrect projection on left light
- wheel bearing
- number plates not to correct spacing

Fixed the lights and plates but Audi want £700 to replace both rear bearings, so called up my local Halfords that service our work cars and with a little discount £250 all in so not too bad. I won't be going back to Audi for an MOT that's for sure.
What possessed you to take it them in the first place?

I had it serviced there and it's right next to my office so thought I'd just get it done. But I had noticed whining coming from the rear on the last drive to Birmingham but thought it was just the budget tyres I had put on

Fitted my UVshades for the kids. Just got to put a small stitch in the rear 2 to close them together closer.

Inside view

304bf9a25da3bf143c2b2f44459638e1.jpg

Close up

ddb7cbba6abf0e43f86002f1963f8b89.jpg

Rear that needs a stitch

107e0f2ccec326e321ff382b3c0ad213.jpg

Bad pic but the difference outside

a47ac73c16c7f738146fdbe65e090f67.jpg

Also new fresh and plain number plates arrived.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dani_B19 and carlcall
I got my shades from Germany as they did the rear window as one piece.....loads better than tints imho

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tyrer
Ahh I should of done that!!! B ugger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do these just stick on the rear windows or are the ones that are built into the door cards?

They just hold themselves in place Dani with a few securing clips for the rear doors so you can wind the window all the way down and the blind stays in place, the rear window and quarter lights just kind of slot into the recess.

Reactions: Dani_B19
Drove mine to work and back today :tongueclosed:

Reactions: carlcall
Tweaked the coilovers a little and fitted 20 new wheel bolts as two of them on the rear had been mangled by the original owner probably going to Kwik-Fit and them using a windy gun to put them on.

Fitted my new wheels and tyres as the old ones Finally let go. Both fronts were down to the braiding on the inside edge.
Hadn't planned on doing wheels until I had refurbed them and fitted my cayenne brembos but needs must...
Need to find a paint restorer and detailer as I just cant find time to sort her out hence she looks really dirty atm.DSC 0856 IMG 20160506 214145

Reactions: D6DPH
Well the sun was out so decided to give the old barge a good clean and treat the roof with a little TLC.
Image Image Image Image

Reactions: Stanningtonglen and flat4matt
Also fitted for a bit of a joke some mood lighting. Lol. But it's kind of cool..

ImageImage

Reactions: Stanningtonglen and Dani_B19
Quick once over with the Cali duster and a rinse of the wheels and the Mrs is off for lunch with her friends, she LOVES it! Apparently it's a bit quicker than her 1.6 bug though (can't imagine why being a 3.0 TDI) hehe

Reactions: WozzaAK and Dani_B19
9/9.5 x 19 CHs fitted to my S4

DSC 0320

Reactions: WozzaAK, Tyrer, gary_a4_quattro and 1 other person
Washed the cab, cleared the condensation from my headlights. Painted the rear valance with plasticote and cleaned my exhaust tips.
IMG 20160507 163530467

IMG 20160507 163604631

Reactions: Stanningtonglen, Tyrer and Charlie Farley
I use the bike racks a lot so easier to leave them on :)

might get the window surrounds done in black - not a fan of the chrome at all

I actually like that mate, what you used? Led strips? Guessing they wired into the interior lights?

They are 4 LED strips. Was a cheap set £10. Originally brought as a joke. Came with socket to fit into cigarette lighter. But cut the plug off and hard wired it to a live. Has a remote. Can set single colours. Red, blue, green ,uv, yellow etc or you can turn it into a mobile disco lol...flash, fade, fast ,slow.

Red went with the instruments and stereo.

Reactions: Dani_B19