What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Yes i removed the wheels as I needed better access to move the wheel arch lining and gain access to the 10mm bumper nuts.
On the DTM there are a coupe of additional screws behind the lining which also need removing.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
yes I agree with you , it's nice to know i'm not the only person to do it this way.
I found it much easier to just whip off the wheels to get access to those nuts, at lots of guys say they can do it with wheels on etc, I found it a struggle and quicker to just take the wheels off and move the liner out of the way.

When yous jack the car up...where do yous place your axle stands?

I find the a4 ***** for placing the axel stands

There's a gap in the plastic at the front and back of the car on the sills that I use.....and I also pad the axle stands so as not to mark the sills also.

I'll get a picture later today of where I put them etc.

Reactions: CraigRE
Yeah i use the jack up points on the sills

But i hate putting axels on them...dont trust them

My car has all the plastic panels under the car too

No Craig my axle stands go onto my sills....I pad them out with Duct Tape to prevent damage of metal onto metal as it were.

I always jack the car up on a suspension or load bearing point and never on the sills even though my jack has a hard rubber part on the cup to prevent damage.

New exhaust fitted to replace the nasty de-catted system that the previous owner had put on.

Attachments

• IMG_6423.JPG
    IMG_6423.JPG
    597 KB · Views: 136
Any idea what my juddering could be lads under hard acceleration it's intermittent and I have changed the fuel filter and only used shell vpower since...

Hmm I hope not lol there's no slipping with the clutch and its very intermittent, also I can't hear any ticking with the click pedal in or out on idle always heard that was a sign it was going

Well fitted my nice CHEAP heated fan jets today.....the ones that Dani posted a link for.

Took a punt on them and once again they look 100% identical to the OEM variants.

I put the shims in furthest away from the screen....I did this as I noticed that when you adjust them to aim further up the screen that the nozzles aren't actually moving after a certain point and it's just the body of the unit that moves, this is because the Passat items are a lot more chunkier.

If I had the shims nearer the screen I couldn't adjust them up as much.

They do spray well I must say.....

Reactions: Stanningtonglen, Tyrer and Dani_B19
They spray well! Going searching for the link now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got my OEM RS4 pedals on.

Took 30minutes once I had worked out the best way of fitting properly.

Fingers are sore now but worth it

debe0ec6ba07f1c9b040848c37de6c81.jpg

Reactions: James.c, Stanningtonglen, Dani_B19 and 1 other person
Cheers! Going looking about shims haha

Just got my OEM RS4 pedals on.

Took 30minutes once I had worked out the best way of fitting properly.

Fingers are sore now but worth it

debe0ec6ba07f1c9b040848c37de6c81.jpg

They look cool..were they hard to fit. Also what about the foot rest? Can that be changed as well and is that easy to do...

They look cool..were they hard to fit. Also what about the foot rest? Can that be changed as well and is that easy to do...

Footrest is an option aswel, I didn't feel it warranted the extra £50+

In all honesty getting the original pedals off was hard, the RS4 pedals needed a small flat head screw driver on the edges to pull the rubber over the metal pedal.

Patience and calm is required.

Well fitted my nice CHEAP heated fan jets today.....the ones that Dani posted a link for.

Took a punt on them and once again they look 100% identical to the OEM variants.

I put the shims in furthest away from the screen....I did this as I noticed that when you adjust them to aim further up the screen that the nozzles aren't actually moving after a certain point and it's just the body of the unit that moves, this is because the Passat items are a lot more chunkier.

If I had the shims nearer the screen I couldn't adjust them up as much.

They do spray well I must say.....

i like these, so much better than the oem jets
Just had a look at the link, how do you get them heated ??

Carlcall

I bought mine from tps
Yours seems to spray allot higher and wider than mine do

When you first spray them
Do is it clear the wipers by allot..or just makes it past?

Mine just make it past...could do with them being higher

You car will already have heated ones...there is a plug for it once you pull it out you can tell
If your car doesnt have heates ones...well you dont have them lol

Reactions: carlcall
Carlcall

I bought mine from tps
Yours seems to spray allot higher and wider than mine do

When you first spray them
Do is it clear the wipers by allot..or just makes it past?

Mine just make it past...could do with them being higher

I would say it clears them but not by a lot.....try adjusting them down and then back up again but keep a close eye on the nozzle as I found that over adjusted actually lowers them a little.

The newer fan type are slightly narrower and needs a spacer as such so that they fit into the holes on the bonnet. Otherwise they'll just dangle there

Spent the weekend adding a 2nd SMIC ofc a B6 acquired on ebay.
Faffed about for ages with various custom joins in order to connect everything up and was caught out not tightening a clip properly and popping a hose a mile from home.
Understand ing better half came to my rescue equipped with trolley jack and helped roadside fix.
Didn't take enough pics to create a blow by blow install, but some here.
Should be able to turn things up a bit now to take advantage of other mods.
20160417 124438
20160417 130859

Attachments

• 20160417_133818.jpg
    20160417_133818.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 152
  • 2016-04-21 19.02.10.jpg
    2016-04-21 19.02.10.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 158
Spent the weekend adding a 2nd SMIC ofc a B6 acquired on ebay.
Faffed about for ages with various custom joins in order to connect everything up and was caught out not tightening a clip properly and popping a hose a mile from home.
Understand ing better half came to my rescue equipped with trolley jack and helped roadside fix.
Didn't take enough pics to create a blow by blow install, but some here.
Should be able to turn things up a bit now to take advantage of other mods.View attachment 88716 View attachment 88717

What engine is in the car?

What engine is in the car?
Hi.
Engine is a 1.8t (BFB) re-bored and fitted with forged internals, standard head (for now) reseated seats and replaced camshaft seals.
I think the rest of the bits are in my signature thing.

Reactions: Dani_B19
spill the beans tom, were the bits from etc, i want better lights in mine, dont want to pay the crazy prices for them though lol.

spill the beans tom, were the bits from etc, i want better lights in mine, dont want to pay the crazy prices for them though lol.

few things from a chap who goes by the name custom lights on FB.
sent my lights to him to get an upgrade done- LED DRL stripes,colour changing halo rings,HID kit and indicator delete/bypass, but they came back a bit beaten/broken - not sure if its poor craftsmanship or the damage have done by the royal mail staff.
anyways took advantage of their current state and took one of the lights apart, replaced to broken bits with parts I had from a spare set of lights, sprayed the chrome plastic bits gloss black. other light unit to follow once this one's done.

De wipered the rear
1) to tidy it up
2) so the misses don't take the sign writing off lol

Reactions: carlcall and CraigRE