What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

What engine have you got in yours as I have a 2.0 Tdi in mine and I don't have a cover on either as that's where the air comes in for the intercoolers

Fixed my bumper height. Bumper off, headlights out number. Complicated by the adjustment support screws being too corroded to adjust using the torx so had to take the bumper off every time.

Before:

20160324_204343 by wjheenan, on Flickr

After:
20160326_210152 by wjheenan, on Flickr

That's about as tight as I could get it but looking at the pictures it's not that much different....maybe not the best use of three hours.

looking good, you just need to loose those amber lens now, go with the clear corner mod.

2.0 TDI 140.

You know what, now you mention if when I swapped the foglights over a few weeks ago the left one was like that, assumed the way i'd popped the clips meant that part of the grill stayed on the bumper so maybe it is supposed to be like that.

The rubber bit which directs the air into the intercooler didn't seem to mate too well with the fog though

IMG 20160325 180835
IMG 20160325 180610
IMG 20160325 180420
IMG 20160325 180139
IMG 20160325 174059
IMG 20160325 173947

Was yesterday...
Cleaned and pollished very shiney

Diadem Chrome are in mine.....You would have to look back at my pics as I'm on my phone at the mo

Reactions: Jeebsy
20160327 135021
FB IMG 1459085691653

Not realy dirty..but best to keep ontop of them and make it easier in the long run
Cleaned pedals...also took the feet heater vent out and cleaned inbetween those lol
Its is raining off and on so ive been in and out the house like a yoyo

Reactions: phil_w
keep your eye on those valve caps overtime they will seize on and there is no getting them off

Reactions: moorzy and CraigRE
nothing big today, been out in the garage and changed over the rear springs and put on my rear H&R's so that's fronts and back done now , looking just right , now I need to sort the rim situation out , oh and ordered a big brake kit so my 320 calipers /carriers and drilled /vented disk will be upfor sale next week hopefully.

Reactions: soldier4313 and CraigRE
Yes that`s what i have done on my merc,i did put that type of cap on the audi and had to have new valves fitted because they would no come off

Reactions: CraigRE
Watch those kids too, them valve caps would look nice on there bmx, lad who I work with had vw ones on his Passat, and they were stolen, he was fuming, only for an hour later a knock on the door with one of his neighbours to be standing there with their kid, saying sorry I believe these belong to you ha

Reactions: CraigRE
nothing big today, been out in the garage and changed over the rear springs and put on my rear H&R's so that's fronts and back done now , looking just right , now I need to sort the rim situation out , oh and ordered a big brake kit so my 320 calipers /carriers and drilled /vented disk will be upfor sale next week hopefully.

Spill the beans Rob, what you ordered?

dibs on your old brakes then lol, depending on price that is.

What better way to spend Bank Holiday than giving the motor a clean and polish and changed the air filter.

Also fitted my Kufatec Cable and OEM Audi LED number plate lights.

Reactions: Stanningtonglen, Skaylesh, Charlie Farley and 2 others
after yesterday's rubbish wether it seemed like a plan to give the old bus a shampoo and set, double checked the ride height of the H&R 45 allround, and ran weekly vcds.
So all nice and tidy for another few days, vcds has nothing nasty to report and ride height is just where I wanted it to be, all in a happy chap for a bit longer, well for the most part as other mods still need sorting.
I am having a total rethink on the rims front now as big brakes are on the horizonand and don't want another cockup with rim offsets etc after they are fitted.
May just get an oem set of rs4's like I have in 19" and get them refurded to a different shade( at least they will fit) .
anyway a few piccy's of the old bus again, its nothing really special compared to many on here to be honest, but it works for me and at the end of the day that's all that really matters.
IMG 0859
IMG 0851
IMG 0855
IMG 0850
IMG 0854

Reactions: Stanningtonglen, CraigRE, Dani_B19 and 2 others
I've done it but didn't want to pay for clear lenses, you'll know why hen you see how expensive they are. So went lensless with diadem chrome bulbs.....not the best pic of the front end but the only one on the iPad.
b8ae213a944a4935369f64425367d5fe.jpg

I've done it but didn't want to pay for clear lenses, you'll know why hen you see how expensive they are. So went lensless with diadem chrome bulbs.....not the best pic of the front end but the only one on the iPad.
b8ae213a944a4935369f64425367d5fe.jpg
well i had a link to a seller at the cost of $68 US plus shipping so yea a lot for a bit of plastic but nolonger for sale and cant find any more for sale where did you get your blubs from if you have a link.

That's why I never bothered as it was just one guy making them.

As for the bulbs they go for about £9.50 on eBay with free delivery.....wish I'd have bought more now as I only paid £6.40 for mine.

Took my car for a spin around derwent reservoir and took some piccys got back home.....and had to clean it again lol

IMG 20160328 190643
IMG 20160328 190505
IMG 20160328 190256
IMG 20160328 190118
IMG 20160328 185954
IMG 20160328 185828
IMG 20160328 185234
IMG 20160328 185111
IMG 20160328 185012
IMG 20160328 184918
IMG 20160328 184749
IMG 20160328 184519
IMG 20160328 184125

I'm pretty new round here (not to VAG, but new to Audi)

Last weekend I was in Wales buying our first Audi, a nice B7 Cab (3.0tdi Quattro S-Line in Misano red) for the Mrs to replace her 2004 Bug...

This weekend I've been prepping it so it's ready for some spring motoring!

It's getting a full detail while it's tucked up in the garage before we swap the insurance over. I'm currently half way through paint correction and started on the leather rejuvenation too. It's never going to be perfect but it's already looking a LOT more presentable! :)

Removed and deleted this on weekend! Egr cooler. (1.9 bke engine)
Had nothing but problems with it, previous owner bypassed the water from it as it was losing coolant.
I recently plugged the old water ends as it was leaking a lot of fumes then on the weekend it decided to blow a hole on the side of it and the top pipe from the egr cracked.

Limp mode galore!

I have now disabled the egr (closed) removed all egr pipes and cooler and blank plated both ends.
Result! No more limp, no more sounding like a tank and no more worries.

New tyres arrived today now just for refurb and she's done, I'm sure I'll find something else to do on her!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 155
Reactions: carlcall
kicked its head in going fishing this morning lol

new pic with out the chrome more in the pics thread,
20160329 161825

Reactions: carlcall
Another littler bargain of eBay today picked up these A5 tips for £20 just hope they'll fit?

Reactions: Charlie Farley
my egr cooler caused me nightmares in my 1.9 tdi bke engine. Leaking coolant into the intake,steam galore coming out the back and ruined a fuel injector on me too. New cooler and injector in and good now but maybe im thinking i should have blocked it off like yourself,cheaper and sorted once and for all.
Removed and deleted this on weekend! Egr cooler. (1.9 bke engine)
Had nothing but problems with it, previous owner bypassed the water from it as it was losing coolant.
I recently plugged the old water ends as it was leaking a lot of fumes then on the weekend it decided to blow a hole on the side of it and the top pipe from the egr cracked.

Limp mode galore!

I have now disabled the egr (closed) removed all egr pipes and cooler and blank plated both ends.
Result! No more limp, no more sounding like a tank and no more worries.

Reactions: krisavant
Haven't done anything ..... We'll I guess if the wife likes it - but she said she wanted a cheap automatic -albeit fiesta sized.... She's getting an A4 2.0 tfsi multitronic ... SE. It's grey and on 19's and has got aftermarket led look lights - I think they might be coming off. Oh actually I have ordered something for it. A new n249 recirculating valve, just going through paperwork it was picked up but never changed.

Today i got home from work and it was still nice and sunny..so i polished my car...again lol
IMG 20160329 182858
IMG 20160329 182614
IMG 20160329 182302
IMG 20160329 181913
I then went for a drive with my mate and his lass in my car to kfc :)
A riced up honda civic sped past me on the dual carrage way (1231 road...northeast sundarland area for yous who are familiar with the area)

I changed lanes to get behind him as car infront of my was driving like a granny..i wasnt speeding or trying to catch the honda tho
I wasnt in the lane for two seconds and i see this stone(or maybe something off the riced up honda..bolt etc) come flying through the air and hit my windscreen...bang! Instand crack!
...looks like a suction cup mark on my windscreen.

Oh how i wished i stayed in the other lane
20160329 200813
20160329 200804
20160329 200822
IMG 20160329 WA0012

Im fully comp....so ill ring them tomorrow cost £75 to replace or £25 to repair...safe to say its getting replaced

Will they do it with an audi one or just a normal one?

Theres no sensors etc...just a plain screen
... p.s i still went to kfc afterwards lol

They will just use an after market one like Pilkington.....but if you're a little anal like me you can request an OEM one