1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Dani_B19 Feb 12, 2016

1. I'm Just Rob.

I'm Just Rob. Moderating or something, Staff Member Moderator Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

just of topic a bit ajax, can you tell me more about this...
    a412.jpg

James.c likes this.
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Dani_B19

Dani_B19 Audi-sports own special child.

What wheels are they?

4. stu-evans

stu-evans Registered User

Looks great... Where did you get your mesh from?

5. I'm Just Rob.

I'm Just Rob. Moderating or something, Staff Member Moderator Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

20" A8 /S8 , i think they are one of the best rims suited for a black avant now, if i could find a home for my 18" versions i'd get a set tommorow.

6. I'm Just Rob.

fleabay,lots on there mate, just take your pick.

stu-evans likes this.
  7. Dani_B19

Very nice wheels but far too big for me. 18" max for what I want.

Need a new set for mine but unsure what to get, I do love the s4 ones but can't decide wether to go light weight or oem.

8. ajax1976

ajax1976 Registered User

Don't know anything about the car tbh, it was one of the pictures I found when I was searching to see what 20" A8 looked like before I bought mine. There was that car, a red one and a silver one that all kept popping up, when I saw them I was convinced they were the wheels for me. Still like them but they weigh a ton although I believe the final edition 9j ones are forged so should be lighter. There was a clean set on Gumtree up until recently for £550 but decided against them.

9. phil_w

phil_w Active Member VCDS Map User

Various height vs width mesh combos available - which did you plump for? As your's looks spot on! Cheers

10. I'm Just Rob.

i'll look back on my ebay shortly and send you the link.
    cheers
    rob

11. I'm Just Rob.

I really like them to be honest, which is why i went with my current 18" versions , the larger dia rim on the 20's does make the spokes look thinner which is a feature i like with this style rim, if i got a set of those 20" jobbies the avant in that picture could easily be my avant to look at.
    19" would still look good with the lower profile rubber fitted but kinda have my heart set on 20's at the moment, i'll see how things go .
    cheers
    rob

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. gary911

gary911 Registered User

It looks very similar to my car which has 19x8.5 inch MTM Bimotos , I am pretty sure 20 inch wheels will cause all sorts of clearance problems, but they do look nice.

I have just got my car back and now have the new springs fitted these are 30mm lower I would not recommend getting any lower than this for an S-line as they are already lower, the 45mm lower will be a nightmare with clearance if you want to use the car every day.
    I also have the 24 mm anti roll bar fitted and the whole combination so far is a huge success and has really improved an already good car .

That's another grand gone, maybe should have kept the RS4.!

14. I'm Just Rob.

i find the whole spring lowering thing confusing to be honest, i was under the impression that the s-line is 25 mm lower than standard so 30mm drop is only 5mm at the front , allmost no change if using 18" rims, but the 45mm are 15mm drop which brings the front down better .

done some calculation on the 20" rims and the overall dia is pretty well the same as using my 18" rims but the drop in tyre profile is massive and i'm not sure running a tyre of that lower profile is going to be ideal on our great british roads, i have a nasty vision of knackered rims very quick from poor road surfaces.

15. carlcall

carlcall Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

I grimace every time I run over a little bit of uneven road on 35 profile tyres.....so I'd dread 30 profiles

16. I'm Just Rob.

exactly my thoughts mate, i am wondering wether i should just stick with my current setup, as much as it is the look i'd like it maybe just not ideal on a daily used car.

17. gary911

gary911 Registered User

I would not run a tyre under 35 profile as you will wreck the tyre with any pot holes you hit (I've done it) I have not noticed a big difference in ride quality yet with the new springs and the front of the car sits slightly lower than the back so it looks just right.
    I am off in the car to Geneva next month so will put some miles on it and it should settle down.

18. carlcall

Maybe a set of 19" wouldn't be too bad if you wanted to go a little bigger.....but I like the 18" you have on your car now!

I'm trying to get a guy close to me to sell me a set he has.

19. Euans2

Euans2 Registered User

I'd stick with 18" until the local councils pull the finger out and fix the roads.

20. carlcall

If it's like my local council that will be never then Euans2

martin1984 likes this.
  21. I'm Just Rob.

maybe a plan B then , get my 45mm lower springs on all round and see what it is like then, the lower ride hight and reduced wheel arch gap on the front may alter the aspect of the rims.
    thanks for the input chap.

22. Euans2

Euans2 Registered User

It's the same story up here in Edinburgh. The roads have taken a hammering this winter, I'm not expecting them to be sorted any time soon ether as they still haven't sorted them from previous years :(

23. Dani_B19

I've always wanted mtm alloys and now thinking about I could easily get them for the a4 .

24. Euans2

Euans2 Registered User

I'm pretty sure that mines is a 45mm drop on H&R springs, I cant say that I am overly happy with how it sits and while it is more comfortable than standard SLine springs it's still not great. If I decide not to sell the car then I think i'll be changing to a set of AP Coilovers

25. carlcall

Still need to lower mine a little but need the weather to brighten up a little so I can adjust them.....my 19" look quit big but with the gap in the arch they look lost.

All they do near me is patch it up and then the surround bits fall away even quicker.

I do like the look of those Dani!

26. I'm Just Rob.

do you have a recent pic of your avant chap , i'd be interested in seeing what your front wheel and arch gap looks like if poss as your running the same s-line suspension as myself but with 45mm drop.

i need to reduce the drop a fair bit by the looks of things.
    ad4.JPG ad5.JPG

Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
  27. Euans2

Euans2 Registered User

I don't have any current photos matey, If I get a chance to tomorrow i'll get one up for you.

This is about the only one I have but it's not really at a great angle to show you what's what
    [​IMG]

28. pablo

pablo Registered User

Check out b5 spring platforms for the front. Will lower about 15mm

29. Euans2

Euans2 Registered User

Got a set of them sitting in my glovebox, had them there for months, just never got round to fitting them

30. pablo

pablo Registered User

Its not a handy job in fairness

31. SemiT

SemiT Registered User

Today I dropped the rear subframe, swapped over the springs and refitted the rear driveshaft shields that I've left off all winter. Silly me! There's only so much torrential rain, two inch deep puddles, soaked to the skin and cramped muscles I can take at my age.

Just as a guide, this is my 2.0TFSI Quattro on H&R 45mm springs. Excuse the odd wheels, I was waiting for tyres.

Attached Files:

Baka and I'm Just Rob. like this.
  32. carlcall

That looks like a nice height that Semi

33. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

34. SemiT

SemiT Registered User

Perfect in my opinion, but just a cm or two too low to get over my parent's ridiculously humped driveway. The under-trays and centre section scrape and I can't stand it. Although I don't live with them I visit often enough that scraping is not an option for me.

35. I'm Just Rob.

yep, thats where i need to be with my avant then.

36. imz

imz Registered User

Didn't do it myself but helped the mechanic so here goes

Fitted decat pipe
    Fitted the rebuilt turbo back on (had to remove it as wasn't right)
    Fitted everything back in the engine bay we removed
    Dropped the oil and poured in fresh oil and filter
    Sprayed some quantum air freshener I picked up from TPS this morning.

Oh and I washed my dads 320d as he's sellin it.

Worse part, all the work was done on the driveway in the **** rain.

37. SemiT

SemiT Registered User

Is the Quantum air freshener any good?

I swapped my turbo in the pouring rain many months ago. Not fun, especially under the car looking up into the engine bay with rain landing in my eyes.

38. imz

imz Registered User

Lol yep know the feeling but was desperate to get the car running again so had to be done. Was an experience to remember.

The air freshener is actually good stuff to be honest sprays out in nice puffs so doesn't waste much either and the smell appears to last well. I got the cranberry but they also do a lemon one so might get that next time.

39. SemiT

SemiT Registered User

Cranberry... Interesting. I might have to try some. Failing that something from Chemical Guys.

40. mikey 82

mikey 82 Registered User

Decided to have a go at the grill mesh and colour coded my plastic grill
    new audi pics 003.JPG

41. I'm Just Rob.

looks good, ally mesh allways looks nice, easy to work with and shape aswell.

nice work

42. James.c

James.c Registered User

Gave it a wash and booked in for dpf removal and map! Only a gentle map for now until I sort that oil pump out

43. moorzy

moorzy Registered User

Now that does look nice squire. Congrats.

:respekt: