What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

NM07

Gold Supporter
Get that ding sorted and that looks concourse show quality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks mate, that's very kind of you to say. Don't get me wrong, it's got a few marks on it but for a 15 year old car I'm very happy with how it looks :)

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
More progress on project B7!

@NHN has been very busy, and has got the puddle lighting sorted as well as the new bumper on with the headlight washers in preparation for the xenons!

Puddle lights (should have waited until it was darker before taking pics!):

View attachment 254273
View attachment 254274
View attachment 254275
Nigel did the full OEM retrofit for these, which means wiring it into the convenience module (which required an additional plug) so when a door is opened, the corresponding puddle light comes on individually. Really happy with the result and takes the interior up a notch especially at night time. Looks really smart, highly recommend this mod!

And the new bumper with the headlight washers in preparation for the new xenon lights to be fitted (so it's all compliant, as xenons require both self levelling and headlight washers to be legal in the UK):

View attachment 254276
View attachment 254278
Really happy with the bumper, another great find by Nigel. It's in fantastic condition, with the only observable defect being a slight parking ding just below the towing eye cutout. This will be sorted in due time though, the most important thing was finding one in good condition with unbroken mounts as well as the headlight washer hardware - seems to be really hard to find bumpers with that in now. The new bumper mounts have not yet been installed and adjusted as it will be off again soon to put the lights in, once that's done we will get it all aligned and the bonnet gap closed up.

Overall really pleased with the progress, thanks again to Nigel for his outstanding work and attention to detail, as well as helping me out on several things. Cheers mate :)

Next step, xenons in :sunglasses:
Great work chap, I hope you supplied Nigel with plenty of liquid refreshments too:yes:

looks spankingly clean again, the interior lighting upgrade is well worth doing if it wasn't a factory fit, makes such a big improvement to the cabin.
since your going xenon , had you considered the adaptive version , it just tops the xenon pack off so well.

Anyway, great stuff chap.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
And i can see another mark in the cabin, so i can only award you 99 out of 100 this time around. :yes:

NM07

Gold Supporter
Great work chap, I hope you supplied Nigel with plenty of liquid refreshments too:yes:

looks spankingly clean again, the interior lighting upgrade is well worth doing if it wasn't a factory fit, makes such a big improvement to the cabin.
since your going xenon , had you considered the adaptive version , it just tops the xenon pack off so well.

Anyway, great stuff chap.
I did my best to keep the tea flowing in my gaps between work! I'm a coffee man through and through though so my tea making skills are a bit lacking, but I did get a compliment from Nigel on the tea today so I must be improving! :laugh:

Nigel has kindly sourced the xenon headlamps for me and I've got them here, part number:

IMG_0647.jpeg

I've had a google and can't work out if these are the adaptive versions or not! I'm not particularly fussed either way as what I'm most interested in with this swap is a) looks and b) improved light output, but if these did have it then that would be the cherry on the cake!

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
The adaptives turn as the car turns, low speed of course.
great for parking in unlit locations and when turning.

NM07

Gold Supporter
Here are the new xenons, can't wait to get them installed! I'm in two minds about the amber lenses, I know most people prefer the clear corners (I currently have clear corners on mine) but I'm quite liking the look of the amber breaking things up a bit, especially since my car is silver. Might stick with it for a while and can always change it down the line if I fancy changing things up!

IMG_0664.jpeg

Planning on giving them a full wet sand, compound and polish once they're on the car so they look like new again :)

NM07

Gold Supporter
The adaptives turn as the car turns, low speed of course.
Is it possible to tell from the part number above if they are adaptive or not? Having a hard time matching that part number exactly on 7zap (soooo many different ones lol) and google won't tell me if its adaptive or not

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
That's what I find really infuriating about Audi , spec varies so much.
I had a shed load of options fitted in my bus inc adaptive Xenons , RS4 RARB , all the interior pack stuff , trim etc, loads but they couldn't fit BT/RNS-E or cruise control...bonkers.
had Nigel fit cruise when he did my RS4 FBSW config, just a shame it wasn't fitted when new.

Jamsmoo

Headlight washer stalks bugged the hell out of me for months leading up to mot time ,one day near side worked ,offside didn’t next day vise versa ,then they’d both work.Never did get to the bottom of it but it passed so I’m trying keep the particular bee our my bonnet .it’ll be going to the same tester this year

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Been there too James, well still am on the driver's side, sometimes it retracts as it should, other times it just won't go fully back flush without a gentle helping hand.
MOT has never been an issue with it over the last 18months as it does squirt when required, I know what it needs just not willing to pay audi prices for a new one at the moment.

NM07

Gold Supporter
Would anyone kindly help me identify? Struggling :sweatsmile: Part numbers I've got are:

8E0 941 030 AT
8EO 941 003 AN

Jamsmoo

Been there too James, well still am on the driver's side, sometimes it retracts as it should, other times it just won't go fully back flush without a gentle helping hand.
MOT has never been an issue with it over the last 18months as it does squirt when required, I know what it needs just not willing to pay audi prices for a new one at the moment.

Naughty little o ring that had lost its elasticity..stalk popped out ok but didn’t like retracting

Jamsmoo

Naughty little o ring that had lost its elasticity..stalk popped out ok but didn’t like retracting

Tried silicone grease but to no avail,the outward motion dislodged it and it wouldn’t go back without a shove

NM07

Gold Supporter
those are Bi-xenon only fixed lens. :yes:

Thanks Rob! So both are fixed lens, non adaptive, is that correct?

Also, how did you work that out so easily! I must be doing something wrong :laugh:

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Here are the new xenons, can't wait to get them installed! I'm in two minds about the amber lenses, I know most people prefer the clear corners (I currently have clear corners on mine) but I'm quite liking the look of the amber breaking things up a bit, especially since my car is silver. Might stick with it for a while and can always change it down the line if I fancy changing things up!

View attachment 254294

Planning on giving them a full wet sand, compound and polish once they're on the car so they look like new again :)
The Amber lens is a bit of a marmite thing for me, having only had the later clears from the factory on my old bus I feel they give the front end a cleaner and newer look , especially on a black bus, but just my personal preference .
they look in very good condtion aswell.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Thanks Rob! So both are fixed lens, non adaptive, is that correct?

Also, how did you work that out so easily! I must be doing something wrong :laugh:
As they say, " you must learn the magical way" lol

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
And yes they are fixed lens so no sideways movement possible, still so much better than non xenon offerings.

NM07

Gold Supporter

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
So you wish to learn the mystical way then grass hopper.:yes:

NM07

Gold Supporter
And yes they are fixed lens so no sideways movement possible, still so much better than non xenon offerings.
I was a bit worried these may be different in some way due to the different suffix? AT vs AN?

8E0 941 030 AT
8EO 941 003 AN

I'm assuming 030 vs 003 indicates passenger vs driver?

NM07

Gold Supporter
That's why I wanted to know how you checked :laugh:

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
just out of interest , where did you source those lamps?

NM07

Gold Supporter

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
I was a bit worried these may be different in some way due to the different suffix? AT vs AN?

8E0 941 030 AT
8EO 941 003 AN

I'm assuming 030 vs 003 indicates passenger vs driver?
correct, 030AT is right and 003AN is left .

NM07

Gold Supporter

NM07

Gold Supporter

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Such a weird naming / numbering convention from Audi there :laugh:
That's Audi for you, over-engineered in all depts inc part number system, well they have soo many options and shared across platforms which vary depending on the destination market, they have to keep track of it somehow, it's easy once you know how. :yes:

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Sun was out again today so a good chance to whizz over the old bus with a pre-mot check .
Decided to get it done a few weeks earlier this year and got a test on Monday afternoon.
Spent a while checking all the obvious bits and all seems ok, well from my perspective, whether the tester agrees remains to be seen..lol
also had a go at tidying up my dinged nearside front OZ rim, well its better, I won't say it's ideal because it's not but I can live with it until I get a decision from the highways dept.
Hopefully, give it a shampoo and set tomorrow.

happy days

NM07

Gold Supporter
Sun was out again today so a good chance to whizz over the old bus with a pre-mot check .
Decided to get it done a few weeks earlier this year and got a test on Monday afternoon.
Spent a while checking all the obvious bits and all seems ok, well from my perspective, whether the tester agrees remains to be seen..lol
also had a go at tidying up my dinged nearside front OZ rim, well its better, I won't say it's ideal because it's not but I can live with it until I get a decision from the highways dept.
Hopefully, give it a shampoo and set tomorrow.

happy days
Fingers crossed for your bus Rob :) Good idea on the pre MoT wash, I always do the same, for some reason I always think they're more likely to pass if they're clean :laugh: Post up some pics when you're done :yes:

Mine passed the other day thankfully, advisory for a weeping front shock but happily that was all that was on the list! Good for another year now

NM07

Gold Supporter
Did a thorough de tarring on mine today, the sills and painted sections had a lot of build up from the previous owner so out came the tar remover and managed to get it all off. Looks lots fresher, chuffed with the result.

tr7

Yeh de-taring is underrated. I did some last week and finally got round to removing a ton of excessive lithium type white grease from the door hinges/sills which was driving me nuts.

Clean door jams make such a surprising difference

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Can be a bit challenging on a black bus. Lol

NM07

Gold Supporter
Yeh de-taring is underrated. I did some last week and finally got round to removing a ton of excessive lithium type white grease from the door hinges/sills which was driving me nuts.

Clean door jams make such a surprising difference
Yep mine had loads of excess white lithium grease on the hinge area too, I'm sure the last owner just plastered it on in hopes they would never have to do it again :sweatsmile: Naturally gathered loads of dirt and ended up looking really gross. I ended up using my steamer and APC to bring them back to new, makes such a difference

IMG_4301.JPG

I always use Wurth HHS 2000 on the hinges, it's amazing stuff, it contains a solvent carrier that allows it to spray out as a liquid, so it can reach all areas of the hinge, but the carrier then evaporates leaving a nice coating of transparent lubricant behind. Works a treat :icon thumright:

61VeAp5HuYL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
So the old bus has passed another Gov "health Check" this afternoon and without any advisories or glitches, happy days for another 12 months. :yahoo:

NM07

Gold Supporter
Woop woop!! Happy days Rob :yahoo: