What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
I think the condition of those alloys is letting the side down Alex, they need sorting out chap.

Bobbytea

And that’s standard Alex, any spacers? Brilliant if not, I’m not a spacers kind of guy. But I’ve always liked the idea of running 18Z’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
way to go chap. :yahoo:

AvantAlexB7

And that’s standard Alex, any spacers? Brilliant if not, I’m not a spacers kind of guy. But I’ve always liked the idea of running 18Z’s.

Im running 10mm H&R spacers on the front, 15mm on the rear. More for aesthetics than functionality but allows room for the brembos. You could possibly drop a few mm however, i would have to check

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
I seem to recall 5mm is needed on the fronts to be safe.

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
I've been messing around with my alloys again...
R81.JPG
R82.JPG
R83.JPG

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Gave up trying to buy Porsche lobster claws for that reason ..loads of rears available,you’d have to buy 2 sets and end up with 4 10j that no one wants

exactly :icon thumright:

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
That said , if i could find 4 matched R8's i'd do it.

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
lol...
I just love my old bus so it gets the goodies . :yes:

buy some b7 bits and sell other b7 bits, it all works out in the end.

Bobbytea

Don’t worry mate, we’ll all have a whip round for your ‘alloy wheel anonymous’ fundraiser…

“Hi my names Rob, and I’m addicted to alloy wheels”

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Don’t worry mate, we’ll all have a whip round for your ‘alloy wheel anonymous’ fundraiser…

“Hi my names Rob, and I’m addicted to alloy wheels”

I know, sad really but I just like my alloys..lol, keeps me busy though. :yes:

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
I'm probably offering a really usefull service, my experimentation with alloys on my B7 saves others making the same mistakes with rims that don't or won't fit or in the wrong colour. :yahoo:

Now how can I charge you lot..lol

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
They look better black :thumbs up: , and your b7 is a more charcoal colour than really dark black, so there is contrast,if they were on my brilliant black bus they would be lost and look worse.

Jamsmoo

They look better black :thumbs up: , and your b7 is a more charcoal colour than really dark black, so there is contrast,if they were on my brilliant black bus they would be lost and look worse.

I think so rob lz7l lava grey I believe without looking in the service book ,the mtms in grey were a bit bland against the car’s colour

Fully

I think so rob lz7l lava grey I believe without looking in the service book ,the mtms in grey were a bit bland against the car’s colour

That's a good coloured car :thumbs up:

boffin486

Last edited:

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
They look almost identical to the ones I have on my jalopy just now Rob? These are 18's - presume yours are 19's ?
I was told they were for an A5 & had to use 5mm spacers all round to clear (front) calipers & even that's only by about the thickness of a couple sheets of paper....... I also need new centre caps. Never ends does it......

View attachment 243085
Do you know the audi P/N for them.

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Don't think they are a5/s5 platfrom.

Pie-eyedpiper

Swore at it, a lot.
Tried to put stainless braided brake hoses on the rear, to match my fronts.
No go. Why do they make the original hoses with gust metal ferrule ends and no but section to get a spanner on? The replacement braided ones are finished properly so they can be fully tightened up.
Inevitably the nut in the end of the brake pipe is seized in the hose end and with nothing really to get a grip on, except with mole grips this is was never going to work.
Anyone ever had any success in removing the old hoses at this age of car?

ajax1976

Swore at it, a lot.
No go. Why do they make the original hoses with gust metal ferrule ends and no but section to get a spanner on? The replacement braided ones are finished properly so they can be fully tightened up.
Inevitably the nut in the end of the brake pipe is seized in the hose end and with nothing really to get a grip on, except with mole grips this is was never going to work.

I use a very small gas torch to heat the fitting up and burn back some of the plastic coating off the pipe, works a treat everytime.

Pie-eyedpiper

I use a very small gas torch to heat the fitting up and burn back some of the plastic coating off the pipe, works a treat everytime.

Thanks for that, I'll give it a go.

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Swore at it, a lot.
Just take it easy and don't try too much brute force, it's one of those jobs that requires some patients or you'll end up damaging more than just the hose.

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
I appear to have lost interest in my old bus at the moment, same with the TT so nothing new done here.:sorry:

i3oricua

It happens Rob. I go through these phases quite often. Honestly, at this point I just want to get in it and drive it.

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk

NM07

Fitted my freshly retrimmed steering wheel from Royal Steering Wheels, the picture does not do it justice, it looks and feels absolutely incredible. Jack and his team do a fantastic job, I wouldn't go anywhere else. Went for full smooth nappa all the way round as I'm not a fan of perforated leather. I've also removed my gear knob + gaiter, and handbrake cover as he will be retrimming those for me too! Can't wait :D

89689E0C-1781-41C3-8674-3907FAEEC12C_1_105_c.jpeg

And also gave the engine bay a quick wipe down, I do have a full detail planned for it but that's for another day!

1E5E7A84-9A0C-47BE-9525-0D68D96238A7_1_105_c.jpeg

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
nice subtle wheel retrim indeedy. :icon thumright:

does that engine bay need a detail clean, it looks more than spanking clean at the moment...:yes:

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
So today i have made a new plan on what is lined up for the old bus in the coming weeks /months and probably years , well maybe years is a bit much but you never know..lol

NM07

So today i have made a new plan on what is lined up for the old bus in the coming weeks /months and probably years , well maybe years is a bit much but you never know..lol

Are you planning on keeping your lovely bus for the long haul Rob? Going to keep mine until the end, really happy with it :)

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
It's market value is pretty well nothing these days on the scale of things, a few thousand, but it's worth so much more to me.

I paid £12,500 for it in june 2014 as a one owner car with 29k miles and it's been a very good old bus, lots of ups and just as many downs but I'll probably just keep it until its just not useable any more, which may well be some years ahead. :yahoo:
It's become my project car now, with some daily use too which is good as it won't suffer to much from high milage issues , just the age-related ones.

Happy days, well most of the time:yes:

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
I've pulled the trigger on new front and rear suspension today.
The current Bilstein B8's with H&R springs have been faultless and still work perfectly , i just want to mess around with rear ride heights a bit more so going to coilovers.
I had a B14 kit sitting in the garage for a while unused , decided last week to sell it on and managed to get my original outlay back, which was handy , well they were new so no reason to let them go for less.
I still wanted to try something else and decided to go with a KW Variant 2 coilover kit for a change.
Having never tried KW before but all the reviews have been excellent I'm hoping they will be as good as the Bilsteins.
just need to wait for them now, that will probably take months....:shrug:, still something to look forward to.:yes:

Last edited:

Rob Avant

The old wagon passed the yearly grief today. 034 cat causing issues for the first time, just managed to scrap through the emissions