What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
I get that and I personally prefer vented over solid disc’s and yeah the S4 300mm upgrade is costing me best part of £400+ but with the S4 rear caliper upgrade it will also increase the piston size to 43mm as opposed to 38mm which then means with having the 18Z 6 pots and 300mm S4’s i can upgrade to the S4/RS4 master cylinder which is 27mm as a opposed to the stock one at 25.4mm which should give for an even better pedal feel and braking all round.
Sounds like a plan.
I don't really do many miles in my old bus so the 18z fronts are realistically the most I need, and they are such a good upgrade, plus they look good. :yes:
Rears are more a case of losing the oe ones which look like mini discs behind 19"rims hence why non vented will be more than adequate, they will balance out things a bit too not that over the last 4-5 years of having the 18z's fitted I've really noticed and difference with the bias..lol

Maybe when i have finished the power increase mods that may change, i doubt it though.
best of luck with it

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
I compared the cost of buying some expensive used and tatty B7 s4 calipers, then the 300mm disc and pads , then most likely having to refurb the calipers aswell, its going to be in the region of £400-450 easy.
Then I looked at the other options given the overall use of the parts , which is to balance up the front to rear bias more and improve rear braking, also look the part.

I'm going this type of route, it's a bit of a no brainer really.
View attachment 242461
Well this route has hit the buffers sadly.
the cost of shipping and then duty charges etc are just bonkers, so I'll look at another option, if that fails then it looks like the s4 route will be the only way forward.

Bobbytea

I’d be interested into how the 18z’s compare with the S4 upgrade I did. Is the master cylinder ratio matched well with the piston sizes in the 18z’s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
The 18z's are such a good setup, really nice and progressive, easy when pottling around town but epic when things get a bit more intense.
I think it the 6 variable piston sizes in the 18z that make such a big difference over the OE S4 fronts.

WOMBLERULZ

What wheels are these . Got them for my A4 while having my wheels refurbed I know they are 18 et43 and Audi oem
2a161a27e302426e7ea729fdd8c32eca.jpg

Fully

What wheels are these . Got them for my A4 while having my wheels refurbed I know they are 18 et43 and Audi oem
2a161a27e302426e7ea729fdd8c32eca.jpg

They look like TT alloys

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
That Audi rim pattern has been used on a lot of models to be honest RS4/TT/A3/A4/A2 etc, lots of platforms.
Better known as the TT or RS4 style rims but found across many variants .
rim diameters and PCD vary in OE offering and OE goto 20" as on the S8 but there is no OE 19" , aftermarket go to 19" which are nice, but offset are relevant to platform fitments.
Mk1 TT don't use ET43 but A4 does.

Jamsmoo

That Audi rim pattern has been used on a lot of models to be honest RS4/TT/A3/A4/A2 etc, lots of platforms.
Better known as the TT or RS4 style rims but found across many variants .
rim diameters and PCD vary in OE offering and OE goto 20" as on the S8 but there is no OE 19" , aftermarket go to 19" which are nice, but offset are relevant to platform fitments.
Mk1 TT don't use ET43 but A4 does.

Should of done a 19

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
yes indeedy.

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
I fitted 18" on my old bus a long while ago then went to 19" in black chrome
IMG_0483x.JPG
so much better looking aswell.

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
18" and 19" side by side, a big difference for just an inch.
tt65.PNG

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Lol

Bobbytea

The 18z's are such a good setup, really nice and progressive, easy when pottling around town but epic when things get a bit more intense.
I think it the 6 variable piston sizes in the 18z that make such a big difference over the OE S4 fronts.

Ah nice to hear, I’m right in thinking the 18Z’s don’t fit behind the standard SP Ed 18” Ronals though? Spacers would be required?

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
I never tried the OE ronals with the 18z's as i had 18" ET35 rials on instead which didn't need spacing but it was still close anyway , i have a feeling the ronal do need a small amount of spacing to clear , i expect that will be confirmed by those that have said alloys and calipers fitted at the moment. :icon thumright:

mikep99

ok, so finally got my car back after 5 weeks!
new discs and pads and refurbed calipers on the back.
A replacement set of Brembos on the front (temporarily while the others go out for a refurb) and new pads, discs have still got a lot of life left.
Got to bed the pads in now over the next few hundred miles.
Rear pads and discs had loads of life in them, I'm thinking the caliper pistons seized some time ago. Discs will be good after a skim.

Mike

Sent from my M2007J17G using Forum Fiend v1.4.0.

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
I bet you missed it Mike.
Good to see its back. :icon thumright:

WOMBLERULZ

I’ve got a rattle on start up . Is it likely to be oil pump chain . As it has rear cam chain and tensioner . 4 k ago z goes away as soon as started ???

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
I’ve got a rattle on start up . Is it likely to be oil pump chain . As it has rear cam chain and tensioner . 4 k ago z goes away as soon as started ???

maywell be the tensioner prior to oil pressure taking up the slack.
I'did my chain and tensioner a few years back and still get it very briefly on occasional start ups, it goes almost straight away, come to think about it, its always been that way since i bought the car.
I'm not in any rush to address it just yet.

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter

Could possibly the vacuum pump , but it would be doing it even after start up.

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Yep, it's been like someone chopped my arm off!

Sent from my M2007J17G using Tapatalk
If it were me it would be an arm and right leg..lol

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
ok, so finally got my car back after 5 weeks!
new discs and pads and refurbed calipers on the back.
A replacement set of Brembos on the front (temporarily while the others go out for a refurb) and new pads, discs have still got a lot of life left.
Got to bed the pads in now over the next few hundred miles.
Rear pads and discs had loads of life in them, I'm thinking the caliper pistons seized some time ago. Discs will be good after a skim.

Mike

Sent from my M2007J17G using Forum Fiend v1.4.0.
I may need to get one of my discs skimmed , not sure which one but recently i have noticed a slight grabbing effect at very slow speed or when turning from being parked, pretty sure one of the fronts is slightly warped.
I have mtec ones on and they have been mentioned before with regards to warping sometimes, still it cant be the calipers as they are fresh rebuilt items with new pads,.
I may just go with some new B8 s4 items and see what occurs, always something to do. :shrug:

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
7e13f42af0837cc4e08400d0e9bc10bc.jpg

Black badges today ,picking up refurbed mtms and bbs tomorrow

Looks like you have a graffiti problem too..lol

norad97

So finally got to do my oil and filter change today.
While under the car I thought I would take the pipes off the intercoolers and empty the oil,
The passenger side had about half a cup full of oil, the drivers side had nothing, glad I did it,

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Is this the first time you have drained the IC's Richard?

norad97

So finally got to do my oil and filter change today.
While under the car I thought I would take the pipes off the intercoolers and empty the oil,
The passenger side had about half a cup full of oil, the drivers side had nothing, glad I did it,
Hi Rob, Yes this is the first time I have took the pipes off.

Pie-eyedpiper

The cost of lowering your bus, a slightly sloping drive and trying to get up the same ramps that you always did before.
The ramp sliced it right open, least it was me that did it and not the missus.
Mid rub down.

Attachments

• IMG_20210912_164014370.jpg
    IMG_20210912_164014370.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 33

Pie-eyedpiper

My EML light had been on for a while, VCDS showed it as "intake manifold flap low voltage".
I changed my intake manifold to a flapless one earlier in the year and removed all my vacuum hoses. Only the electrical connectors to the solenoids remain.
Removed the connectors, sprayed in a bit of electrical lube spray and deleted the light with a hand held scanner.
So far the EML hasn't returned.

AL (A4 B7)

Hey Guys,

It's been a while since I have been on here. Was toiling with looking at getting a A4 B8 Avant 2.0 TFSi Quattro Dynamik, saw two but they didn't tick the boxes for me, so decided to stay with the B7 TFSI 2.0 Quattro Avant (BUL Engine) for now, however, I do love the kit that comes with the Dynamik.

So, I'd recently got a brand new full resonated Milltek exhaust system for a very good price end of line & the last one with this company. I was always on the look out for a Non Resonated but the prices on them right now are just out of my reach.
I could not pass it up and I thought, forget the Non Resonated one. I have to admit, there is a definite difference acceleration though the gears and I love it, even if it's relatively quiet and looks the part in my opinion.

Had the car since Sept 2017 and I've only added a TT flat bottom steering wheel, coin tray and now the Milltek exhaust.
I have on order H&R Anti Roll bar kit, 32mm front and 22mm rear, so will be selling my current Sline genuine ARB, 32mm front and 18mm rear at some point on the classifieds here, so keep an eye out for those.

So these are today's pics of the exhaust being fitted.

** On a side note, anyone know of a decent company out there who can fully refurbish (not just paint) some 18z calipers?
Pic attached, Thx in advance!
:)

Attachments

• 20210913_150026.jpg
    20210913_150026.jpg
    711.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 20210913_153537.jpg
    20210913_153537.jpg
    581.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 20210913_153545_1.jpg
    20210913_153545_1.jpg
    412.2 KB · Views: 29
  • 20210911_135201.jpg
    20210911_135201.jpg
    948.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 20191116_161511.jpg
    20191116_161511.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 36
Last edited:

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
18z's are not hard to refurb, save yourself a heap of cash and do them yourself.
Seal kits are not expensive and are easy to replace, calipers don't have to be powder coated as a careful wet paint can be just as good.
There are a lot of sellers out there just buying up cheap 18z's , just painting them as is , some don't even remove the pads ... :scared2: and then sell them on as refurbed for £450 and beyond....cheap profiteers again.:shrug:

yours look very serviceable so why not give it a go.

AL (A4 B7)

18z's are not hard to refurb, save yourself a heap of cash and do them yourself.
Seal kits are not expensive and are easy to replace, calipers don't have to be powder coated as a careful wet paint can be just as good.
There are a lot of sellers out there just buying up cheap 18z's , just painting them as is , some don't even remove the pads ... :scared2: and then sell them on as refurbed for £450 and beyond....cheap profiteers again.:shrug:

yours look very serviceable so why not give it a go.
Morning Rob,

I would not have a clue how to replace the seals.
Would it be just a seal kit I'd need?
The seller I got the Calipers off, said they were in working order, however, i'd like to make sure it's all done properly before any use as i don't know its full history.

Cheers

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
To be safe as you dont know any history on the calipers, you'd need a piston seal and dustcover kit assuming pistons are ok which most normally are unless the calipers have been abused.
Link pipes are normally ok if they are removed careful same with bleed valves but i always replace the bleed valves as they are not expensive.