What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

tr7

RS3-Wheel.jpg

RS3 Wheel and new trimmed bits installed

norad97

Love the wheel, looks great,
It would look better if you remove the RS3 badge, and replace with Sline one.

Pie-eyedpiper

Opened my glovebox and the lh hinge has cracked.
Managed to get the complete glove box from a guy breaking locally for £20, but I don't fancy swapping the whole box over as the CD changer is in there.
Is it a tricky job? Even removing the pivot pins looks a faff on YouTube though.

tr7

Removing the glovebox is simple, only a couple of bolts

And I literally don't think the hinge separates

Just swap the entire thing out (and switch over the lock barrel)

Donfero

Opened my glovebox and the lh hinge has cracked.
Managed to get the complete glove box from a guy breaking locally for £20, but I don't fancy swapping the whole box over as the CD changer is in there.
Is it a tricky job? Even removing the pivot pins looks a faff on YouTube though.
Look under the glove box you'll find two pins at each hang, spray them with some wd40 and with some good pliers pull them out. First you have to release the mechanism thing from the side, remove the fuse box cover and you will see that mechanism.

Sent from my RMX2170 using Tapatalk

Pie-eyedpiper

Look under the glove box you'll find two pins at each hang, spray them with some wd40 and with some good pliers pull them out. First you have to release the mechanism thing from the side, remove the fuse box cover and you will see that mechanism.

Thanks for your help Don.

Pie-eyedpiper

Removing the glovebox is simple, only a couple of bolts

And I literally don't think the hinge separates

Just swap the entire thing out (and switch over the lock barrel)

Hmmm I think it does, the hinge pins seem a bit tricky though.

Pie-eyedpiper

First you have to release the mechanism thing from the side, remove the fuse box cover and you will see that mechanism.

Just has a thought, your car is lhd, isn't it?
The damper being on the right side of the box will be towards my centre console, and not do easy to access.
Box removal might be the only way anyway.

Donfero

Just has a thought, your car is lhd, isn't it?
The damper being on the right side of the box will be towards my centre console, and not do easy to access.
Box removal might be the only way anyway.
Yes, its Lhd. But i thought the pins pull into the middle, and yes they can be an ******* to remove.

Pie-eyedpiper

Yes, its Lhd. But i thought the pins pull into the middle, and yes they can be an ******* to remove.

The pins might be hard enough to remove, but it's disconnecting the damper that is going to be trickier on a rhd car.

Donfero

The pins might be hard enough to remove, but it's disconnecting the damper that is going to be trickier on a rhd car.
I thought it would be the same just the opposite. But now that im thinking about it the damper would be on the far right.. So i guess removing it would be easier.

tr7

Love the wheel, looks great,
It would look better if you remove the RS3 badge, and replace with Sline one.
It's a genuine RS3 wheel and I don't find it offensive. I'll not be replacing the badge non genuine knockoff from ebay. I'm happy enough

Jamsmoo

Watched it leave ..into the unknown with the 3.0 Quattro,had a proper knock about in it ,so impressed,hopefully it’s stays as good as it is now
7d891455abe65c2bf1e287418ad954a2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sold to a trader ..got what I wanted ,if u see it advertised it’s worth a look

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
shame , i really liked that colour. :bye:

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
time to address my overdue cambelt/water pump replacement, ordered up a kit for the old bus and one for the TT as it needs doing aswell, managed to get both kits all in for £280 , i can live with that, just need a dry day to fit them, and fit the new front drive shafts to the old bus that have been in the garage for months now. :thumbs up:

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
The new 19 Inch OZ Racing Superturismo LM Alloy Wheels should be here next week , only months late..:shrug:, better late than never though.
frt5.png

Jamsmoo

4e8f1169f43866b494e08bf834787bb5.jpg

Lowering springs today and trying out wheels .went for these first ,thought the diamond cut finish would work with the chrome trim ,expecting a touch more settlement

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
What offset James ?

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
i was about to say you could get away with another 5mm on the rear.

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
how are you finding the ride height on the quattro, is the front a bit up compared to your previous B7

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
The Oz alloys i have on route are ET38 as i have factored in getting clearance for the 18z's and possible need to add a 5mm spacer if need be.

Jamsmoo

how are you finding the ride height on the quattro, is the front a bit up compared to your previous B7

It’s fine rob ,not really no ,if anything the opposite
0b2b95faf39a9009dbc1302e96c8a6b1.jpg

I ended up going with apex 40 ,won’t lie ,70£ cheaper than hr and eibach did help the decision but I could decide on 35 pro or 45 hr so I split the difference..very happy with them ,not harsh at all

Jamsmoo

The Oz alloys i have on route are ET38 as i have factored in getting clearance for the 18z's and possible need to add a 5mm spacer if need be.

Actually,having not ground down the rear hub spigot yet I could probably get a 5 mm spacer on and still have enough left to hand a wheel on
Have u seen those hub spigot extenders you can get

Jamsmoo

I ended up going with apex 40 ,won’t lie ,70£ cheaper than hr and eibach did help the decision but I could decide on 35 pro or 45 hr so I split the difference..very happy with them ,not harsh at all

Couldn’t *

Jamsmoo

Maybe the extra 100kg the engine adds has something to do with it

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Maybe the extra 100kg the engine adds has something to do with it

Crickey ,that's 5 bags of portland cement extra in the engine bay :scared2:

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
That makes my old bus feel like it's been on a jane plan diet....

Jamsmoo

Strangely the springs I ordered are suitable across the Quattro range from 2.0 petrol and diesel to 3.0tdi and 3.2 petrol !?

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
that does tend to be the case with the quattro's in avant form.

Jamsmoo

The HR’s I looked at were for 3.0tdi Quattro only ,different product code for 2.0tdi tfsi etc

Pie-eyedpiper

Sorry my mistake ,the eibachs pro’s not the hr

I found Eibach made a spring for nearly every variant, almost tailored to the car type.
To do the same one for a 2.0 and a 100kg heavier 3.0 seems like a bit of a compromise. Either one will be harsh, or one will be soft.

Jamsmoo

Yes found it odd ,eibach (pro) make 1 for the 3.0 tdi … the other option covered all the others engine sizes .hr 45 was suitable for them all 2.0-3.2
I actually had my 2.0 tdi sportlines fitted to the front of the 3.0 for a week ..sat quite a bit lower as you’d imagine but the ride wasn’t much different
The apex ones I’ve fitted today are suitable across the board ,honestly they ride very well ,maybe they just sit slightly lower when fitted to a 3.0tdi as opposed to a 2.0