What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Alex Holmes

Ill just leave this here...
20210413_204751.jpg

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
I know Rob, just waiting for the powder coaters to return my 2 lost pistons first!!!
How did they manage that Alex... hope they find them.

Alex Holmes

How did they manage that Alex... hope they find them.
Well the calipers were fully sealed to prevent paint getting in, i assuming the hight bake temp required to bake powder coat cause a pressure build up inside and propped a piston out, 1 from each caliper. Its the only thing i can think of really as you normally need an airline to remove the pistons by blowing them out. Fingers crossed there found!

Pie-eyedpiper

Were the rubber dust boots still on the pistons?
Did the survive the bake?

MrSaetervik

It's my birthday
Yesterday I took apart the valve cover to inspect the injector harness and crimping the contacts as I suspected bad connection after the car started to misfire and showing a misfire faultcode a while back. The faultcode is gone and I don’t remember if it said cyl3 or what.
I tested all cables in the harness and the injectors with a multimeter but couldn’t find any faults with it. I also adjusted the injectors before I put it together and checked the values in Delphi.

these are the readings right after startup.
AE0FC429-8299-4A0E-B6CA-9566888E3BA3.jpeg

A39A8B62-D6D7-4615-A734-E207F2394746.jpeg

and after a little while this was the readings on fairly warm engine.
205C7229-439F-4346-B588-6BB51D454DA1.jpeg

9684A26F-A403-4DEC-8B58-4AAABCDB5FC0.jpeg

so my question is what is normal and is any of these readings abnormal?

The engine ran much better but I can still feel a small misfire every three minutes or so, but no fault code is popping up, I’ve ordered a new harness and fuel filter and performing an injector clean in hopes I don’t have to take the injectors out and fix them up.

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
I've been making lists, calling TPS, making new lists, scouring eBay, making lists...

...but not actually doing anything.
Sounds like 99.9% of us , well at the start of B7 ownership..lol , it goes down hill rapidly after that along with the bank balance .

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter

Pie-eyedpiper

The appallingly bumpy roads here in Lincolnshire were a big reason why my rears rubbed when I had 15mm spacers fitted.

In the UK we drive on the left of the road. In Lincolnshire we drive on what's left of the road.

Ricky Burrows

Replaced the hard brittle leaking rocker cover gasket today and ordered a new brake breather booster pipe thing behind the hpfp at a ridiculous cost over £60 something plus vat, finally getting a little motivation to finish the build, will be going to down to book her in for a stage 2+ map tomorrow so need these little jobs sorted so she's in good health ready to explode the clutch on the dyno lol.

WOMBLERULZ

Been looking at what to do to my engine refresh . I’m doing the flap delete mod on inlet manifold . Does this mean I can get rid of the inlet port flaps /dividers as well and then gas flow the ports as well !!! Help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ricky Burrows

Just about returned for a few days away in the Peak District, safe to say my bus isn't well suited to bumpy country roads, the rear wheels spent a bit of time rubbing the inner arches, but still got some nice pictures once we made it
View attachment 235942
View attachment 235943
Looks great Alex, gave mine a good wash from a month of neglect and every time I see it clean it make me want to spend more money on her lol honestly think the Misano red is one of the nicest if not best Audi colours something about it just pops, in the sun it something else :sunglasses:

WOMBLERULZ

Replaced the hard brittle leaking rocker cover gasket today and ordered a new brake breather booster pipe thing behind the hpfp at a ridiculous cost over £60 something plus vat, finally getting a little motivation to finish the build, will be going to down to book her in for a stage 2+ map tomorrow so need these little jobs sorted so she's in good health ready to explode the clutch on the dyno lol.

Let me know how it goes please with remap as I’ll need mine doing soon ...if I ever get time to get motor out lol

WOMBLERULZ

Let me know how it goes please with remap as I’ll need mine doing soon ...if I ever get time to get motor out lol

Ricky Burrows

Will do ill see if they can fit me in for first week of May they seem to be booked up a lot lately, they do have a new 4wd dyno in so might be why there getting a few more jobs in, ill post the results up anyway, 280hp and 330ft lbs minimum and id be happy any less ill burn it :)

Alex Holmes

The appallingly bumpy roads here in Lincolnshire were a big reason why my rears rubbed when I had 15mm spacers fitted.

In the UK we drive on the left of the road. In Lincolnshire we drive on what's left of the road.
Your not wrong there! I regularly tow to Lincolnshire and i must double the distance with the amount of weaving you have to do to dodge the pot holes and lumps! Lol

Alex Holmes

Looks great Alex, gave mine a good wash from a month of neglect and every time I see it clean it make me want to spend more money on her lol honestly think the Misano red is one of the nicest if not best Audi colours something about it just pops, in the sun it something else :sunglasses:
Cheers Ricky, and you've hit the nail on the head there, im just the same. Mine looks awful especially during winter but a good scrub up does re boot that urge to get some work done

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Hot tip , never have a black or dark coloured car with a gravel drive, totally pointless exercise washing a car sometimes.

mikep99

My little girl was sat in my car listening to music last night. When I got in this morning I’d picked up a new passenger:

View attachment 235962
View attachment 235963

She said her and Morty were on a space mission to find Rick Sanchez. She’s 5
Hi Dan,

Did you modify the A4 airbag loom for the extra ground and different horn connector to fit the S3 wheel?
Putting a similar one on mine to replace the standard RS4 MFSW.
I've modified an existing A4 loom but not yet fitted - should be in the next day or 2.

Cheers
Mike

Ricky Burrows

Booked the remap in for 10th May today and replaced the brake vacuum pipe, had an engine code of P0420 which has cleared im assuming its from the hfc if not more than likely a failing o2 sensor, also need to clean and re oil the induction kit fit the uprated spark plugs and do an oil and filter change ready for the 10th.

Dan_Avant

@mikep99 - my wheel is from an 08 plate S3 mate. They’re plug and play on the later model b7’s so long as you have a dual stage airbag.

You can tell if you have a dual stage when you remove your airbag. If it has 2 connections on the back, one green one purple from memory, your good to go.

All the steering wheel functions work as well.

managed to pick it up with the airbag for £300 on eBoss last year

It really brings the interior of the car up to date. Compared to my old SE steering wheel with the rectangle airbag it is 110% better

Dan_Avant

The K04 is worth it. The SE should have came out of the factory with one. Really livens the car up.

I always felt the car was underpowered when I was running the stock set up. It’s lively now, like I said in my other post I had the brakes smoking yesterday ha ha

mikep99

@mikep99 - my wheel is from an 08 plate S3 mate. They’re plug and play on the later model b7’s so long as you have a dual stage airbag.

You can tell if you have a dual stage when you remove your airbag. If it has 2 connections on the back, one green one purple from memory, your good to go.

All the steering wheel functions work as well.

managed to pick it up with the airbag for £300 on eBoss last year

It really brings the interior of the car up to date. Compared to my old SE steering wheel with the rectangle airbag it is 110% better
Cheers Dan,

That's weird, the yellow loom connectors I've seen on the A3/S3/TT airbags are different to those on an A4.
I definitely have a dual stage airbag - RS4 2007.

Yeah, I've ended up with 2 FBSWs and 1 airbag from a TT.
Refurbed them over the last few weeks - sanded, recoloured and given them a matt finish.

ta
Mike

Ricky Burrows

@Ricky Burrows - where have you booked it in mate? Have you got a spacer on your HFC? Mine would throw a code all the time until I put one on

@Owenb7avant has a K04 for sale if your tempted?
I went with performance remap in Gloucester will have launch control added and speed limiter removed just basic stuff nothing to crazy, thanks for the heads up on the k04 I think I'm going to keep saving for the E63 though, the Mercedes is where my heart lies I did try with the Audi and I am really interested to see how it feels after the map, if the clutch holds up so they get the most out of that vis hpfp I think it will be easily on par with the stock 300hp golf r's and s3's so for an old girl that should keep her up to date, power wise, but I got a 700+ hp luxury ultimate man machine bug I'm wanting to itch so my focus is on that :)