1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Dani_B19 Feb 12, 2016

1. Dan_Avant

Dan_Avant Registered User

Hate issues like that. Sometimes they can be so hard to find.

Ive got an issue with mine where first thing in the morning the windscreen is soaking wet on the inside. Literally looks like it’s rained inside my car but only on the windscreen. Been like it for years, driving me mad

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Dan_Avant

Changed the cabin filter and cleared the blockage under the battery but still have the issue?

4. Alex Holmes

Alex Holmes Well-Known Member It's my birthday

I thought that myself tbh, when i had more time on my hands id spend hours detailing it and use my little Karcher K2, but once i decided that the bodywork needing attention i just turned to the "scratch and shine" at work. Since then ive had the damp smell.

Ill give tps a ring on monday and price up a new apature seal:icon thumright:

On the positive side, just finished prepping the 18z's ready for primer Monday, i got fed up of falling over them in front of my toolbox! Lol

Ricky Burrows likes this.
  5. Alex Holmes

Seems you've got bigger issues than me then buddy.

I've sorted 2 leaks so far, and fingers crossed this will be the last.

With the issue you have, has it done it for a while? I had the same thing once or twice which i think was caused by the sun creating condensation throughout the day during winter.

6. Dan_Avant

Yeah had the issue for years and only in the winter.

Never had this in any other car and the Mrs parks her car next to mine on the drive in the sun and it doesn’t happen in hers, weird

7. Alex Holmes

Yeah that is strange, have you checked for water in the car anywhere?

8. Dan_G

Dan_G Registered User

Belt changed and also booked for oil service next Thursday. Also investigated Audi fix price servicing which I will try for a gearbox oil change and toothed belt and water pump. Looks like you can now spread the cost across 4 months interest free, so, why not?!

And I drove it, roof down, wind deflector up, not that far, but I drove it.

It was glorious!

9. WOMBLERULZ

WOMBLERULZ Registered User

Went into garage today and remembered I still have to do suspension and Brake upgrades but can’t decide what colour to do my b8.5 S4 callipers . Cars is black ,black wheels 19 rotors callipers are black but I want to make them stand out ... so the question is what colour do I get them done ... and do I get them powder coated or paint them ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[​IMG]

10. Ricky Burrows

Ricky Burrows Registered User

Id defiantly go powder coat if it was me just for durability more than anything rather than finish as a lacquer or 2k finish will be just as good so more the durability factor, good thing with black on black is the caliper colour is endless, yellow, orange, red, silver, grey there all work well.

WOMBLERULZ likes this.
  11. WOMBLERULZ

Also repair and re colour my new seats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. Alex Holmes

Ive just run a VCDS scan on my bus this today and sorted out some coding that i messed up a while ago (the dis was showing the wromg door ad being open). Just 2 more niggling faults codes to sort and thats the air recirculation flap and the nav is showing a fault with the disc drive.

Also threw the new rear premium velour mats in too:icon thumright:

14. Jamsmoo

Jamsmoo Registered User

[​IMG]
    hmm not sure now

15. Jamsmoo

Jamsmoo Registered User

[​IMG]
    Definitely black centre caps tho

16. I'm Just Rob.

I'm Just Rob. Moderating or something, Staff Member Moderator Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

I know its personal choice and all that but it doesn't really work , well for me that is, maybe a darker grey or graphite would be better.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021 at 4:59 PM
    Jamsmoo likes this.
  17. I'm Just Rob.

I'm Just Rob. Moderating or something, Staff Member Moderator Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

These look brill and would go well on your colour avant.
    [​IMG]

Jamsmoo likes this.
  18. I'm Just Rob.

Jamsmoo likes this.
  19. Jamsmoo

Jamsmoo Registered User

Yes mate ,I agree.As I mentioned it was an “experiment “ and it’s only cost me the paint and time which I have plenty of at the min .It is the spare and needed tidying up anyway.can soon match it to the others now.Here’s how it was [​IMG]

I'm Just Rob. likes this.
  20. Jamsmoo

Jamsmoo Registered User

I’ve been reading that thread earlier,some great colours ,like most of them ,do like the anthracite but lighter ,I think it’s mentioned in that thread that darker colours can cause the wheel to lose definition which I agree with

21. Jamsmoo

Jamsmoo Registered User

i3oricua likes this.
  22. Ricky Burrows

Ricky Burrows Registered User

Ay less of that

Chrismawa and Jamsmoo like this.
  23. i3oricua

i3oricua Registered User

I'm a fan

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk

24. Chrismawa

Chrismawa Registered User

Service day :)

IMG_20210222_130044.jpg

WOMBLERULZ and Alex Holmes like this.
  25. samyam

samyam Member

Finished my egr and dpf delete. Well waiting on my 180 pipe and a map and relocate the loom under the air box but the majority is done.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dan_Avant and WOMBLERULZ like this.
  26. WOMBLERULZ

OMG how bunged up was that . Last time I saw one like that it was on a Volvo 240d back in the 90s lol

27. tr7

tr7 Registered User

You should take a look at your inlet manifold

Will open your eyes

WOMBLERULZ likes this.
  28. samyam

samyam Member

Im going to order a BKD manifold off dark side I think. I’m on the look for a hybrid and a front mount set up

29. WOMBLERULZ

Can i run an s3 complete turbo set up on my a4 b7 tfsi. as my turbo place is struggling to get my housing machined as they normally send to europe .. . obviously relocating dumpvalve

30. I'm Just Rob.

WOMBLERULZ likes this.
  31. WOMBLERULZ

Thanks Rob. i may have to give them a bell tomorrow
    . or its going to be a dremil job lol

32. Dan_G

Dan_G Registered User

Sat around all day waiting for an already delayed from Europe delivery of car bits only to get a message saying delivered and signed by me...

Saw the signature and it’s literally an X and none of my neighbours have signed for anything.

So someone has pinched my NOS Symphony II + for a B7 Cab if anyone sees one pop up for sale near SW London.

(Worst bit is this will be a total ball ache claiming and getting a refund!)

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021 at 8:38 PM
  33. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

34. Chrismawa

Chrismawa Registered User

Added a stealth AUX lead today. Don't like cable's lying around, so wants to add it somewhere I could hide it. Perfect use for the redundant ash tray...

a0951285-511b-4efc-b996-dd11e035fcfa.jpg

4740825d-ac9d-45ba-85db-4273c4aea8c2.jpg

WIN_20210224_15_39_38_Pro.jpg

Dan_Avant likes this.
  35. WOMBLERULZ

Got som bits today from TSR for my rebuild only to order 2 gears for some reason lol[​IMG]
    And would there be any performance difference between an s3 exhaust manifold and a std A4 b7 manifold to match my k04 064 chra ???

36. WOMBLERULZ

So if anyone is doing a 1.8t oil pump conversion I maybe able to help out with the gear [​IMG]

37. I'm Just Rob.

Found these dumped on my doorstep.

The troublesome Autodoc parts I ordered almost 2 months ago have appeared today.
    The wife and i went out with the woofers for a lunchtime walk, came back and found the box just left on the doorstep, half a delivery label and half open box..
    Despite there previous promises, no refund has ever been issued and my card issuers are still chasing a refund.

So I suppose I might as well us them, after all I've paid for them, well i paid for SKF ones not stark ones, anyway that's another rant for another day.

ab99.JPG ab98.JPG ab97.JPG

38. WOMBLERULZ

Had mine mot’d today and both N/S boots are starting to split so maybe I best order some now so I can use them in may lol

39. Dan_Avant

Changed my valve cover in the hope that it reduces my oil consumption.

It’s def slowed since the new turbo has been on but not stopped.

If I block the pipes from valve cover to turbo with my hands and blow through the other side lots of air comes out around the seal. Doesn’t do that on the new cover so hoping that resolves it.

My guess is that under boost the turbo is sucking oil straight out of the motor through the split in the valve cover which is right next to the breather connection, so would make sense.

Gonna take the front end off on Saturday to get to IC’s, empty them then keep an eye on it over the next month.

Fingers crossed that solves it. If not I have no idea how all the oil is getting into IC’s?

40. Dan_Avant

Ohh, and here’s some pics, cus we like pics

Attached Files:

Dan_G likes this.
  41. Dan_G

Dan_G Registered User

Service done today. Oil, filter, brakes and fluids topped off. Given a clean bill of health and is running really sweetly.

Two jobs left for this year.

Toothed belt and water pump next month and fit correct radio as and when they find the one I ordered....

Oh and a ruddy good clean and wax!

42. WOMBLERULZ

I think I have an issue with brake servo as when I disconnect it with oil cap off there the pulsing noise and it stops ??? Any ideas ???