What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Dan_Avant

Hate issues like that. Sometimes they can be so hard to find.

Ive got an issue with mine where first thing in the morning the windscreen is soaking wet on the inside. Literally looks like it’s rained inside my car but only on the windscreen. Been like it for years, driving me mad

Alex Holmes

Commercial grade pressure washer or not id never expect it to leak, id change the seal round the boot if thats what you narrowed it down to.

I thought that myself tbh, when i had more time on my hands id spend hours detailing it and use my little Karcher K2, but once i decided that the bodywork needing attention i just turned to the "scratch and shine" at work. Since then ive had the damp smell.

Ill give tps a ring on monday and price up a new apature seal:icon thumright:

On the positive side, just finished prepping the 18z's ready for primer Monday, i got fed up of falling over them in front of my toolbox! Lol

Alex Holmes

Changed the cabin filter and cleared the blockage under the battery but still have the issue?

Seems you've got bigger issues than me then buddy.

I've sorted 2 leaks so far, and fingers crossed this will be the last.

With the issue you have, has it done it for a while? I had the same thing once or twice which i think was caused by the sun creating condensation throughout the day during winter.

Dan_Avant

Yeah had the issue for years and only in the winter.

Never had this in any other car and the Mrs parks her car next to mine on the drive in the sun and it doesn’t happen in hers, weird

Dan_G

Belt changed and also booked for oil service next Thursday. Also investigated Audi fix price servicing which I will try for a gearbox oil change and toothed belt and water pump. Looks like you can now spread the cost across 4 months interest free, so, why not?!

And I drove it, roof down, wind deflector up, not that far, but I drove it.

It was glorious!

WOMBLERULZ

Went into garage today and remembered I still have to do suspension and Brake upgrades but can’t decide what colour to do my b8.5 S4 callipers . Cars is black ,black wheels 19 rotors callipers are black but I want to make them stand out ... so the question is what colour do I get them done ... and do I get them powder coated or paint them ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2e399fe25236789589c54fb3140d1fd8.jpg

Ricky Burrows

Went into garage today and remembered I still have to do suspension and Brake upgrades but can’t decide what colour to do my b8.5 S4 callipers . Cars is black ,black wheels 19 rotors callipers are black but I want to make them stand out ... so the question is what colour do I get them done ... and do I get them powder coated or paint them ????

Id defiantly go powder coat if it was me just for durability more than anything rather than finish as a lacquer or 2k finish will be just as good so more the durability factor, good thing with black on black is the caliper colour is endless, yellow, orange, red, silver, grey there all work well.

WOMBLERULZ

Also repair and re colour my new seats

Alex Holmes

Ive just run a VCDS scan on my bus this today and sorted out some coding that i messed up a while ago (the dis was showing the wromg door ad being open). Just 2 more niggling faults codes to sort and thats the air recirculation flap and the nav is showing a fault with the disc drive.

Also threw the new rear premium velour mats in too:icon thumright:

Jamsmoo

315da2f293325e0f4e456a6436d1fcac.jpg

Trying something with the spare that wasn’t refurbed with the others and was in an awful state see how it looks on
Hopefully get the lip done tomorrow in silver
Thoughts ?

18979704f6371c62332e0c13e95507c5.jpg

hmm not sure now

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
I know its personal choice and all that but it doesn't really work , well for me that is, maybe a darker grey or graphite would be better.

Last edited:

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
These look brill and would go well on your colour avant.
3c810aeac97a26711d7d38455a677ad9.jpg

Jamsmoo

I know its personal choice and all that but it doesn't really work , well for that is, maybe a darker grey or graphite would be better.

Yes mate ,I agree.As I mentioned it was an “experiment “ and it’s only cost me the paint and time which I have plenty of at the min .It is the spare and needed tidying up anyway.can soon match it to the others now.Here’s how it was
46f5ff13ff0c7646a0cd82afc4c4b2e9.jpg

Jamsmoo

i3oricua

WOMBLERULZ

Can i run an s3 complete turbo set up on my a4 b7 tfsi. as my turbo place is struggling to get my housing machined as they normally send to europe .. . obviously relocating dumpvalve

Dan_G

Sat around all day waiting for an already delayed from Europe delivery of car bits only to get a message saying delivered and signed by me...

Saw the signature and it’s literally an X and none of my neighbours have signed for anything.

So someone has pinched my NOS Symphony II + for a B7 Cab if anyone sees one pop up for sale near SW London.

(Worst bit is this will be a total ball ache claiming and getting a refund!)

Last edited:

WOMBLERULZ

Got som bits today from TSR for my rebuild only to order 2 gears for some reason lol
342cd1beb7d48a79af9bcc8a235898b5.jpg

And would there be any performance difference between an s3 exhaust manifold and a std A4 b7 manifold to match my k04 064 chra ???

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Found these dumped on my doorstep.

The troublesome Autodoc parts I ordered almost 2 months ago have appeared today.
The wife and i went out with the woofers for a lunchtime walk, came back and found the box just left on the doorstep, half a delivery label and half open box..
Despite there previous promises, no refund has ever been issued and my card issuers are still chasing a refund.

So I suppose I might as well us them, after all I've paid for them, well i paid for SKF ones not stark ones, anyway that's another rant for another day.

ab99.JPG
ab98.JPG
ab97.JPG

WOMBLERULZ

Found these dumped on my doorstep.

The troublesome Autodoc parts I ordered almost 2 months ago have appeared today.
The wife and i went out with the woofers for a lunchtime walk, came back and found the box just left on the doorstep, half a delivery label and half open box..
Despite there previous promises, no refund has ever been issued and my card issuers are still chasing a refund.

So I suppose I might as well us them, after all I've paid for them, well i paid for SKF ones not stark ones, anyway that's another rant for another day.

View attachment 216115 View attachment 216116 View attachment 216117

Had mine mot’d today and both N/S boots are starting to split so maybe I best order some now so I can use them in may lol

Dan_Avant

Changed my valve cover in the hope that it reduces my oil consumption.

It’s def slowed since the new turbo has been on but not stopped.

If I block the pipes from valve cover to turbo with my hands and blow through the other side lots of air comes out around the seal. Doesn’t do that on the new cover so hoping that resolves it.

My guess is that under boost the turbo is sucking oil straight out of the motor through the split in the valve cover which is right next to the breather connection, so would make sense.

Gonna take the front end off on Saturday to get to IC’s, empty them then keep an eye on it over the next month.

Fingers crossed that solves it. If not I have no idea how all the oil is getting into IC’s?

Dan_Avant

Ohh, and here’s some pics, cus we like pics

Attachments

• 4F657672-148A-4E1B-A198-4389C937139A.jpeg
    4F657672-148A-4E1B-A198-4389C937139A.jpeg
    166.1 KB · Views: 34
  • CD7F8D4F-4809-4CDA-AEB0-CAA260254615.jpeg
    CD7F8D4F-4809-4CDA-AEB0-CAA260254615.jpeg
    138.9 KB · Views: 32
  • 99611CB4-0F79-413E-AD28-3175A589E704.jpeg
    99611CB4-0F79-413E-AD28-3175A589E704.jpeg
    108.7 KB · Views: 34

Dan_G

Service done today. Oil, filter, brakes and fluids topped off. Given a clean bill of health and is running really sweetly.

Two jobs left for this year.

Toothed belt and water pump next month and fit correct radio as and when they find the one I ordered....

Oh and a ruddy good clean and wax!

WOMBLERULZ

I think I have an issue with brake servo as when I disconnect it with oil cap off there the pulsing noise and it stops ??? Any ideas ???

Dan_Avant

Took the front end off to get to the intercoolers. Quite a bit of oil in them. Hopefully changing the valve cover will help?

Attachments

• 085B8023-C71E-4C6E-9B66-3F2FDBBAEE6E.jpeg
    085B8023-C71E-4C6E-9B66-3F2FDBBAEE6E.jpeg
    395 KB · Views: 26