1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Dani_B19 Feb 12, 2016

1. Ricky Burrows

Ricky Burrows Registered User

Yeah that's the problem I came across when i looked for you last time Rob, defiantly worth ringing up wheelbase and having a chat, they helped me out so may well help you other than that possibly getting a stud conversion kit and ordering the wheels in an offset that will balance it out?

I'm Just Rob. likes this.
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Alex Holmes

Alex Holmes Registered User

Ah right i see, cheers for that buddy, im missing that sticker and the only part number i can find is the 0301 219 684.

4. I'm Just Rob.

I'm Just Rob. Moderating or something, Staff Member Moderator Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

Are they fixed or adaptive Alex?

5. Alex Holmes

Not sure Rob, thats what i was looking for the part number for actually. Adaptive would be nice but im not massively fussed if not. I just can't wait to see in the dark!

6. Jamsmoo

Jamsmoo Registered User

[​IMG]
    Trying out the eBay arrivals ,235 35 with 35et ,couldn’t have specified much better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. I'm Just Rob.

I'm Just Rob. Moderating or something, Staff Member Moderator Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

8.5j ?

8. Jamsmoo

Jamsmoo Registered User

Yes mate

9. I'm Just Rob.

:icon thumright:

10. Ricky Burrows

I had some 3SDM wheels on my E class i got from wheelbase and weren't exactly budget price, the rims alone for 19's were just over a grand and they were utter s**t the diamond cut corroded less than 4 months later so i had to paint them all matt black, they all ended up cracking multiple times and that's when i lived in town so pot holes didn't really exist, i put it down to the near 2 ton weight of the Mercedes but saying that they shouldn't of been available if they cant handle the weight of the car there available for, i even went up a size on the rear profile after the first crack and that ultimately did nothing as every wheel was cracked multiple times after a year.

Hopefully you have better luck mate, fingers crossed for you.

tr7 likes this.
  11. Jamsmoo

Jamsmoo Registered User

Wow lot to consider there.I only got these as I put an offer in which I didn’t expect to be accepted on an already good price so got them dirt cheap.It was the plan when I bought them to get them refinished/powder coated as they aren’t perfect but I need to speak to the refurbers regarding options and longevity as for the integrity of the wheels I can only hope and pray.I also thought I could move them on for a bit of profit when things had settled down a bit economically for people.I was so surprised to get them for what I did the seller either knows what u just told me or was desperate for cash.

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. Ricky Burrows

Yeah i was very disappointed to be honest and made me think twice about buying wheels since and defiantly done my homework on the company if I'm not familiar with them.

Fingers crossed you just got a good bargain and you can make some money off them, keep us updated on how they turn out :)

Jamsmoo likes this.
  14. Jamsmoo

Jamsmoo Registered User

Will do ,appreciate your input it’ll give me and maybe some others something to look out for now and in future
    Hopefully I haven’t wasted my cash

Ricky Burrows likes this.
  15. Jamsmoo

Jamsmoo Registered User

So the 3sdm I’ve bought have a load rating of 815kg compared to the wheels I’ve had on for about a year at 850kg.

16. Jamsmoo

Jamsmoo Registered User

Looks like I’m about 12kg short

17. Jamsmoo

Jamsmoo Registered User

So the owners manual has 1655kg written on in pen on the cover but the technical data shows 1585kg which would put in within allowance of the wheel rating ?

18. tr7

tr7 Registered User

In theory. Loads of Chinese made products will be lower grade materials than specificied.

Best avoided if possible imo

19. Jamsmoo

Jamsmoo Registered User

3sdm are British made according to their homepage

20. Jamsmoo

Jamsmoo Registered User

[​IMG]
    And according to them ...

21. boffin486

boffin486 Registered User

Well, a change of subject...... I had the car up on the lift yesterday & changed two of the front top link ball joints (I've got adjustable links - the joints can be removed). Got rid of the nasty knocks from the front! :smug:

Adjustable Drop Links.jpg

These are a great idea to deal with camber on the front after lowering suspension - BUT, I have found that the boots on the rearmost arm (both sides) keep getting burst as when turning to full lock, they get pushed hard against the side of the front links. Eventually the boot wears through leading to loss of grease/infusion of grit & eventual (too damn often) joint failure.
    Very annoying - I would like to be able to adjust the wheel stop but it's electronic & I can't find any mention of actually adjusting - only 'setting' it (which allows too much turning angle).

If anyone has a method to change the rack turn stops - please let me know. The only way to get these joints is to buy complete Arm sets!

Jamsmoo likes this.
  22. Jamsmoo

Jamsmoo Registered User

Was hoping maybe someone could remove my wafflings so as not to ruin the thread

23. Pie-eyedpiper

Pie-eyedpiper Registered User

Thanks Rob, that's great. It would certainly be a worthwhile mod. As I say I have been on my ramps since lowering, but I'm not sure if I positioned them differently or what. But I struggled to get up a d bashed my valance. No way could I fit a splitter.

I've fitted some carpet strips to my ramps and rivetted them on. The idea is when driving up the wheel sits on the carpet and this prevents the ramp from sliding forward. Works a treat.

(no that wasn't taken in my front room either)

IMG_20210103_144853762_copy_3024x2268.jpg

And in other news.
    I've eventually got round to fitting my LED number plate lights. I've had a normal one out for ages and was fed up seeing the dash warning about it.
    Supposed to be "plug and play", CANBUS compatible, they seem to work ok.
    But were more like "file a bit of lens", then "plug and play".

IMG_20210103_145018762_copy_3024x2268.jpg

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
  24. Ricky Burrows

I've had my led number plate bulb unit things whatever you want to call them in for about a year and half now and they were great fitment wise, just plug and play, my issue is they just don't seem that bright, ones on my previous car were amazing literally lit up the floor and same with ones on the Mrs Zafira there proper bright as well, where mine just look like slightly white bulbs rather than a proper led unit, they don't look bad but next to her car they look like candles.

25. I'm Just Rob.

I have oe items still in my old bus and to be honest they are like matches lost in space , but then why should the number plate be lit up like a neon star..

26. I'm Just Rob.

I'm still waiting for someone to offer a bright, reliable and safe operating temp reversing LED bulb option for the B7 , non of these bulb error special or one that get so hot they melt other bits.

27. Ricky Burrows

Once you put led number plate units in you wont want to go back, look so much cleaner and up to date at night, same principal as changing the yellow headlight bulbs from the 80's

Pie-eyedpiper likes this.
  28. I'm Just Rob.

I'll maybe give it a go then, will it increase my BHP aswell.....:yes:

Ricky Burrows likes this.
  29. I'm Just Rob.

So it seems I'm searching for a golden fleece now, none to be found for my application , well not in silver.....:sadlike:

I've aborted the D2's aswell so plan c now.:search:

30. I'm Just Rob.

Plan c may be these now in 19" 8.5j

[​IMG]

boffin486 and Bobbytea like this.
  31. I'm Just Rob.

OR .

[​IMG]

32. I'm Just Rob.

Maybe the silver are still better.

boffin486 likes this.
  33. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

34. Ricky Burrows

Is that the superturismos in the first pic (silver)? I think they will suit your car better Rob

35. quattrogone

quattrogone Quattro Back!

First pic for sure, more spokes look better in my op..

36. Bobbytea

Bobbytea Registered User

Those silver superturismo’s look the spit of the original Sped Ed Ronal’s so You’d be getting a nice OEM+ look Rob.

I'm Just Rob. and Ricky Burrows like this.
  37. I'm Just Rob.

Yep, i think it has to be the first ones, and such a close resemblance to the Ronals, I think I've just done a 7 year full circle ...lol

boffin486 likes this.
  38. Mick H

Mick H Member

Been like Christmas Day again for me today collected this and my new rarb from TPS. Got to say as nice as it is feel foolish paying what I have as it’s just a bit of plastic probably 5 quid to them but they make the front end look so good. Down side sat here with wire wool tying to get a key on the new fog surrounds I got from China so I can paint them satin black instead of very shiny black. They really are nice though other than the gloss paint !! match the grill really well. Then my new bilsteins turned up just need my h&r springs now when autodoc pull their finger out !! Order been sat at waiting to be collected by courier for nearly two days. Originally ordered front dampers from bilstein uk as cheapest however they sent me an email yesterday saying delv won’t be till end of feb, no stock here or Germany so got them from Demon tweeks actually cheaper ordered yesterday at 3 pm here today. So the interesting bit thought I’d I’d ring bilstein re the whole bump stop thing. Got a guy who I asked if he could clarify if the b8’s have internal bumstops also if oem ones needed to be reduced in size if not,bit of hesitation then yep you don’t need the Oem ones. Mmmmm ok what about the rear then, no the same don’t need them. To say I came of the phone more unsure than before i rang is an understatement. I should say I had to tell him what car/ model etc he never asked also told him about the different options you seem to get on the forums still no reassurance.So made a cuppa went in the garage and when I came back in I had a missed call from them. Rang them back and got somebody different, couldn’t find out who had rang me so asked why I’d rang first time. What a difference, explained everything he listened then said I’ll check. Few minutes then he says I’m gonna have to ring Germany. Finally he comes back and tells me he doesn’t know, and neither do Germany. The story I was told was while they were developin the b8 audi were very uncooperative and so no one will state yea or na !! Now I will say the second guy really was trying to help and I think he was rather embarrassed that he couldn’t answer. Doesn’t really fill you with confidence though does it. God I’ve rattled on here better go if your not already asleep sorry

Attached Files:

39. Alex Holmes

Very nice Mick. I've always said you can't beat the oem RS grille, if you can stomach the cost! I love mine, it makes the front end 20201017_150010.jpg

tr7 and I'm Just Rob. like this.
  40. tr7

tr7 Registered User

Xenons/Amber Delete, De-Chrome the trim and it'll look like an entirely different car Alex!

41. Alex Holmes

Cheers fella, yep considering the amber delete maybe, the new headlight lenses themselves I've ordered should take years off its face will have to order some more of that 3m beltline tape or maybe secure a second set of chrome trims and paint those then swap when i do the respreay maybe. Plenty of things to do! Lol

tr7 likes this.
  42. Alex Holmes

Some goodies arrived for me aswell today. Decided I'd upgrade the rear brake lines to braided items too, seeing as the fronts will be getting fitted when the BBK goes on and the fluid will be replaced too, it was a no brainer. Plus they look nice! Lol IMG_20210106_47702.jpg

Ricky Burrows and tr7 like this.
  43. Mick H

Mick H Member

Alex
    Lots and lots of wd40 or other before, as the plastic coating bonds to the union. So need to tighten/undo a little at a time so your sure it’s free. Not trying to tell a granny etc just I learnt the hard way when doing mine. Did the wd bit and union turned following day so I just cracked on until I saw it was actually winding the brake pipe with it

Alex Holmes likes this.