1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Dani_B19 Feb 12, 2016

1. Alex Holmes

Alex Holmes Registered User

The xenons turned up this morning and on the whole im quite happy with them. I think there non genuine as i can't find an manufacturer part number on them but thats not an issue really. A new set of those swanky bright osram Ds1 bulbs and a clean and lense restoration will have them looking and working like new. Question is do i do the black out mod, or Joey mod what ever you call it?

I'm Just Rob. likes this.
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. I'm Just Rob.

I'm Just Rob. Moderating or something, Staff Member Moderator Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

leave them as standard Alex, just change the indy bulbs to clears ( clear corner mod) get them fitted and all is good in the world.:icon thumright:

Alex Holmes likes this.
  4. Alex Holmes

I do like the clear corner mod, but also like the orange i think it goes with the red paint work well.

5. I'm Just Rob.

I'm Just Rob. Moderating or something, Staff Member Moderator Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

Forget the orange Alex, it's just dated, clear is the new orange.:yes:

6. tr7

tr7 Registered User

Alex, Congrats, one of the best mods I've done. Clear is the way forward!

As for the part number, never heard of aftermarket Xenons. But fairly sure the part number is only on by a sticker, which on the last pair I sold one was coming half off.

Def get yourself a set of new bulbs too before you fit them. Best money spent on my car

7. boffin486

boffin486 Registered User

FAILED to buy some DS1 bulbs on the old FleaBay - Supplier is in Germany. Both times sale was initially taken (& paid for) then rejected with message 'Delivery address has something wrong with it' about an hour later. :wtf: Definitely not,same one I always use. Both refunded to me.

I suspect I just became an early Brexit victim - Supplier didn't WANT to send product to UK due to likelihood of paperwork complications.
    :readit::grumpy::shrug:

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
  8. tr7

tr7 Registered User

Oh and definitely recommend the genuine Kufatec kit from Germany. Great quality kit for the few extra pounds

9. Jamsmoo

Jamsmoo Registered User

Mate had same thing from a seller in Hungary other day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Alex Holmes

Any ideas whete to get some clear ones then Rob?

11. Alex Holmes

Maybe im wrong then, usually parts have the number embossed into the plastic somewhere. But i definitely think there non genuine oem replacment, which is a comman thing we come across at work tbf.

Yep will order the adapters from Kufatec also thought of ordering the self levelling loom too maybe

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. I'm Just Rob.

sadly I don't Alex, as they were clear on my bus from the factory it was never something I looked into but many have, Ricky has though, I'm sure one of our regulars will be along shortly to assist.:icon thumright:

14. Alex Holmes

I found someone in the US selling some but as you'd expect there all out of stock.

15. Ricky Burrows

Ricky Burrows Registered User

I knocked mine out literally just support the one side and use a hammer and screwdriver and they pop straight out, as for the Joey mod i done it and id highly recommend it as its literally changed my front end but it does tie into the red and black scheme on your car they may look to "aftermarket" here's a picture of mine for reference.

Before:
    Headlights before.JPG

After:
    Headlights after.JPG

16. I'm Just Rob.

Thanks for your input Ricky, I knew you'd help out, have a glass of fizzy stuff on me:icon thumright::yahoo:

Alex Holmes and Ricky Burrows like this.
  17. Ricky Burrows

I had enough of that the other day Rob I'm sat with a cup of tea right now still feeling the head aches lol

Alex Holmes likes this.
  18. I'm Just Rob.

Really liking those fond rims Ricky, are they still available in silver as my alloy rim side is still hankering after a new set of rims, I know I wasn't going to but that was a few days ago..lol

19. I'm Just Rob.

And you know what the best cure for brain ache is .....yes indeedy.:whistle2:

Ricky Burrows likes this.
  20. Ricky Burrows

I'm not sure Rob I cant remember what company I got mine from but they had to be custom made from Italy for the offset I wanted and they updated me throughout the stages the wheels were at and at one point they told me they was being painted, so I assume if you asked they could do them in silver, just took a couple weeks to get to me but I thought that was a more than reasonable turn around time, I think the company was wheelbase ill have to double check the receipt.

21. I'm Just Rob.

Ah , wheelbase , that is where i purchased my veemans well I've had few sets from them, always found them to be top guys.

22. Ricky Burrows

Yeah I'm sure it was them think it was a guy called Damien I've had a few sets from them and been faultless every time.

23. I'm Just Rob.

Blast it, just had a webby search and found these and I do rather like them, great colour for a b7 avant black bus.
    Gloss silver, very much like oz Superleggera's
    [​IMG]

24. Ricky Burrows

Id get them then Rob they don't even sell my colour on wheelbase anymore so they may well becoming extinct, last time i looked for you i couldnt find silver anywhere for the b7 platform.

Yeah the Oz are my dream wheels but i couldn't justify spending near 2k on a set of wheels on an everyday car not that id ever damage them the 9RR's are still like new but one pot hole can ruin a wheel, also looks like they have dropped in price by a couple hundred as well so id go for them mate before its to late.

25. I'm Just Rob.

I best unlock the wallet again...its been over used this week already, may have a few pennies left.:icon thumright:
    and at least I wont need more tyres if I stick with 19" format...yea

26. Pie-eyedpiper

Pie-eyedpiper Registered User

Anybody else with a lowered B7 struggle to get up on mobile car ramps?
    Not sure if it's the angle of my drive slope, but I did manage to get up before, since lowering it.
    Today I struggled to get up the ramps, and managed to knock a hole in my front bumper, on the rear bracket.
    Yet another repair job.

27. Ricky Burrows

You got me looking at wheels now, literally just spent £2.5k on a workshop so my bank account may need topping back up again if i find another set of wheels lol.

28. I'm Just Rob.

It's a wheely thing Ricky, so many great rims to choose from and the single most effective way to change the appearance of a car, and always or the better..lol

Ricky Burrows likes this.
  29. I'm Just Rob.

I keep on seeing pics of A8/S8 D2 20" alloys and I do like them, I have aborted them as with new tires etc and potholes it is just an accident waiting to happen.
    It's like I'm getting subliminal messages to buy a set, I mustn't give into them though...lol

30. Ricky Burrows

I'm really not a fan of 20's on the b7 its such a small car for a saloon the 19's look just right, the 20's look borderline max power back in the day like 17's on a Saxo, so you don't have to worry about me making you sway towards buying them lol

31. I'm Just Rob.

Nope , the d2's are history Ricky, but most certainly going to checkout the stock availability of those 19" fond's in gloss silver, it will be sods law they are all sold out now...

32. Ricky Burrows

They may be history but they can stay on the s8 for all i care lol, yeah let me know how you get on with those 9rr's Rob be interesting seeing another b7 with them on in a different colour combo.

33. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

34. I'm Just Rob.

I've just been on 4 different outlets that show them in stock but as soon as I specify my fitment and offset they are not available, I'm sensing a pattern Ricky.

35. Alex Holmes

I can only get mine on a 2 post lift with low access legs, no chance of getting on the 4 poster of Jig

36. Pie-eyedpiper

Pie-eyedpiper Registered User

This is just on small drive on ramps.
    I have no idea how I hit my front valance

37. I'm Just Rob.

I'm the chap.
    I have a pair of metal drive on ramp and could never get up them , the front end would catch almost straight way and run aground.
    I swiflty hatched a plan and a solution was fabricated, thus far for the last few years I've been problem free.
    I'll wack up some pics in the morning, its an easy mod.

38. I'm Just Rob.

Just for you chap and i'm in a very good mood, I'll duck round to the garage and take a pic for you.

39. I'm Just Rob.

Basically, I butchered ( fabricated..lol) one set of ramps to increase the run-up of my other set.
    I made some measurements then chopped my older set up and used both lower sections to make a more Audi B7 user-friendly set of ramps.
    An hours work with my arc welder, angle grinder etc, the end result works brilliantly.
    not the best pic but you get the basic idea, cost me the grand sum of £5.00

ramp1.JPG

Pie-eyedpiper likes this.
  40. boffin486

And in the company of an interesting box under the bench! Makes working on the car more enjoyable I bet. :whistle2:

Sidrick and I'm Just Rob. like this.
  41. I'm Just Rob.

:yes:

42. boffin486

Happy New Year Folks!! :yahoo:
    It absopositively HAS to be better than the last one.......... :yes:

Looking a bit rosier with a Glenmorangie in my hand and a plate of crisps in front of me........

Alex Holmes likes this.
  43. tr7

tr7 Registered User

See me holding the sticker down with the key. It's just a sticker

IMG_2638s.jpg IMG_2635s.jpg

Alex Holmes likes this.