What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
There the B8 S4 ones, fitment is great and uses the oem assembly screw fitment.
The offset seems good too as the disc sits pretty central in the caliper. Also drilled and vented as in the pic

I did say the S4 ones would be a good choice as they are just fit and go unlike the AMG's that need a bit of fiddling .

Pie-eyedpiper

Got 5 mins spare today to test fit the 15mm spacers and the brembos. 15mm looks great on the rear and shouldn't pose any ribbing issues, the fronts however will need around 10-12mm to aviod rubbing yet still cover the new calipers. Bare with me @I'm Just Rob. And @Ricky Burrows im getting there, very slowwwwly! Lol
View attachment 213524
View attachment 213525
And before anyone roast me, yes i know the discs are on backwards and the calipers upside down, this is purely a trial fit...

You car is lowered isn't it?
I have to warn you 15mm spacers look great on the rear, until you put weight in the boot, then you get occasional rubbing issues over bumps.
I learnt the hard way.

received_2694504757476476.jpeg

Reactions: tr7

Ricky Burrows

Got 5 mins spare today to test fit the 15mm spacers and the brembos. 15mm looks great on the rear and shouldn't pose any ribbing issues, the fronts however will need around 10-12mm to aviod rubbing yet still cover the new calipers. Bare with me @I'm Just Rob. And @Ricky Burrows im getting there, very slowwwwly! Lol
View attachment 213524
View attachment 213525
And before anyone roast me, yes i know the discs are on backwards and the calipers upside down, this is purely a trial fit...
Ayyy looking good mate, you decided on a colour yet if i remember right you was liking the silver/grey from the ceramics right? is that still the plan?

Alex Holmes

Ayyy looking good mate, you decided on a colour yet if i remember right you was liking the silver/grey from the ceramics right? is that still the plan?
Cheers fella, and yes i think thats still the plan. I toyed with the idea of red but i think the grey will be a nice oem+ touch. Ive found a company near me that does custom caliper paints in metallics and pearls and its really good stuff too

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Red on Red I'm afraid chaps, other colours are nice but big B's and red were made to go together, just my opinion.

snug2.JPG
8pots2.jpg

Ricky Burrows

Cheers fella, and yes i think thats still the plan. I toyed with the idea of red but i think the grey will be a nice oem+ touch. Ive found a company near me that does custom caliper paints in metallics and pearls and its really good stuff too
Yeah for the look your going for id go with a nice bright silver with black rs stickers, either way i think they will stand out just enough in silver or grey to know there sat behind there but still give you a nice oem+ look, looking forward to seeing it when its all buttoned up :icon thumright:

Ricky Burrows

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
you can see they are covers from 100 yards away Ricky, well i can ..lol , and the covers come in all colour aswell and still look ultra tacky whatever colour decals they have.

Ricky Burrows

you can see they are covers from 100 yards away Ricky, well i can ..lol , and the covers come in all colour aswell and still look ultra tacky whatever colour decals they have.
Ive got some in the basket now lol

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Go for it..lol

boffin486

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
My old bus sailed through its MOT today, only advised on both front tyres being close on the inner edges, so will be getting a nice new pair of pilot sport 4's ordered after Christmas. Along with everything else on the parts list!
It's always nice when one passes.:thumbs up:

Ricky Burrows

It is Rob definitely. Just wish I'd have done it in July like it should have been, but of course had the extension, just upsets my OCD! Lol
My last mot cost me best part of £1000 so if i did have ocd id be ruined by now lol

Ricky Burrows

You haven't had much look with your motor have you Ricky! Maybe you got one of the bad ones, lol
Every vehicle i buy is a bad one lol

Bobbytea

c3a90494eb3fe4cb6062df91282b10ce.jpg

Changed the cam follower over again today, it had been a while and around 20k so I thought for my own piece of mind I’d do it again - can’t be too safe with the intervals for this job!

New on left, old on right.

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
The old one does'nt look to bad , all the newer ones should last a more than 20k so you'd have been ok for a few miles more , still not an expensive part so worth doing it for peace of mind.:icon thumright:

Bobbytea

Yeah I assumed it would be a bit early Rob, the old one had the coating intact across the face which was a good sign - I changed it 2 years ago so had a reminder on my phone pop up... so for £45 it’s a job done for another 30k now.

As the old girl is on 113k miles now I’m looking at keeping her going for a fair bit more I’m just making sure the maintenance of ‘prevention is better then a cure’ mantra is kept up.

I wanna change the other engine mounts next, any recommendations would be handy.

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
I need to change my front mounts aswell , they have been leaking for a while but haven't decided what to replace them with , genuine or 3rd party , I'll have a look at whats on offer.

Bobbytea

I replaced the snub nose mount for a poly bushed yellow powerflex... it made the ride much firmer, which for spirited driving is super, but everyday comfort is impacted.

So I think I’ll be going OEM for the others.

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
I fitted the OE A6 snub mount bush and its been great, still looks to be fine after a few years of usage and milage.

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
And a merry xmas and happy new year to you Scott and the family.:yes:, don't have too many drinks either..lol

boffin486

Likewise folks.... Merry Crimbo......

24-12-2020 xmas.jpg

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
:icon thumright:

Alex Holmes

I replaced the snub nose mount for a poly bushed yellow powerflex... it made the ride much firmer, which for spirited driving is super, but everyday comfort is impacted.

So I think I’ll be going OEM for the others.

Thats interesting you say that actually, i went the same route when i swapped mine but couldn't really tell much difference in terms of handling

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
So today I have washed and cleaned inside and out the old bus and It is looking spanking again after a few weeks of non-cleaning it had become a very grubby old bus.

Made a spot decision to change the alloys again, so, the veemans will be going, i do like them but I still hanker after something else so hopefully about to do a deal on something else.:yes:

Jamsmoo

So today I have washed and cleaned inside and out the old bus and It is looking spanking again after a few weeks of non-cleaning it had become a very grubby old bus.

Made a spot decision to change the alloys again, so, the veemans will be going, i do like them but I still hanker after something else so hopefully about to do a deal on something else.:yes:

Cant stop buying alloys ,it’s becoming a problem..just stitched myself into a set of 19” 3sdm 0.06.Everybtime I buy some I justify it by saying I’m gonna sell a set but can’t bring myself round to it .Very seriously thinking of buying some eibach pro springs for the rear to level out the reverse rake I still have with the sportlines ,it’ll also give me a bit more room for all these different tyres sizes that keep turning up on wheels I buy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pie-eyedpiper

For the love of baby Jeebus Rob, it's Crimbo day. Haven't you got a single malt and put your feet up, just for the once?
Dirt will wait for tomorrow.

i3oricua

Cant stop buying alloys ,it’s becoming a problem..just stitched myself into a set of 19” 3sdm 0.06.Everybtime I buy some I justify it by saying I’m gonna sell a set but can’t bring myself round to it .Very seriously thinking of buying some eibach pro springs for the rear to level out the reverse rake I still have with the sportlines ,it’ll also give me a bit more room for all these different tyres sizes that keep turning up on wheels I buy

If you install B5 spring perches on the front suspension then it should take care of the reverse rake.

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk

Jamsmoo

If you install B5 spring perches on the front suspension then it should take care of the reverse rake.

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk

Currently with the b12 kit ,happy with front height just a tad low at back fully loaded with 19s on

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
For the love of baby Jeebus Rob, it's Crimbo day. Haven't you got a single malt and put your feet up, just for the once?
Dirt will wait for tomorrow.
I was bored by 10.00am and there's only me and the good wife, well, and the woofers so a low key Xmas to be honest.
The old bus needed some Tlc so what better time to go for it.
Tomorrow it's getting an oil and filter change.....:yahoo:

And then Sunday it will be issing down so back to square one..lol