What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Definitely looking at brakes the current ones don’t fill me with confidence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are yours the standard 288 mm ones? They are woeful.
I've got a pair of 320mm ones and ATE calipers from the more powerful A4s to go on, yet another job in the pipeline. (nice purchase from BobbyTea)

Have a look for a pair of them from a scrap A4 or A6, but make sure you get the caliper carrier too. That is the surprisingly expensive part, and they will possibly need rebuilding.

Last edited:
I've have a pair of 320mm ones and ATE calipers from the more powerful A4s to go on, yet another job in the pipeline. (nice purchase from BobbyTea)

Have a look for a pair of them from a scrap A4 or A6, but make sure you get the caliper carrier too. That is the surprisingly expensive part, and they will possibly need rebuilding.

Mines 312

I've have a pair of 320mm ones and ATE calipers from the more powerful A4s to go on, yet another job in the pipeline. (nice purchase from BobbyTea)

Obviously looking for cheaper options

I've got a pair of 320mm ones and ATE calipers from the more powerful A4s to go on, yet another job in the pipeline. (nice purchase from BobbyTea)

Reckon it’s worth tryin some decent disks new pads pads first mot did advise said there starting to lip

Today was pre MOT day.
I doubt the old will get through this MOT with the HFC this time around and rather than the garage thrash the **** of the old bus to get it through , well even if it did i've opted to spend the weekend swapping over to the original CAT , so fully armed myself with enough parts to ensure i dont have any issues with the swap over.

Then swap it back next weekend, oh the joy's of performance enhancements..lol

View attachment 206120
Hi Rob, did you change the Cat and had your Mot? just interested how the car drove with OEM Cat.

Hi Rob, did you change the Cat and had your Mot? just interested how the car drove with OEM Cat.

I had to reshedule for the end of july now, i went to swap over bits but relised i'd let the original downpipe go.
I'd rather leave the 034 and larger bore down pipe in one piece really so looking to pickup a used OE downpipe to fit the OE Cat before i refitt it all.

Allways something ..

New bus on the way then, you'll miss the day to day challenges from the DTM though scott.

New bus on the way then, you'll miss the day to day challenges from the DTM though scott.

Can't say it's been much of a problem, Rob. There were odds and ends when I bought it but since addressing a few common issues I'd happily drive it anywhere. It flings an engine light occasionally but it's always for the O2 sensor since I put the 034 cat on.

Looks like I'll have the car for sale, a 2nd set of DTM alloys, complete 345mm Porsche 4-pot front brake set up and xenon headlight conversion for sale. In case anyone wants to beat the rush ;)

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Did a dry on my spare shock leg. Got the spring compressors to fit well and compress easily. Top mount came off with an impact gun and all dismantled. I must say that for a B6 leg with OEM parts they were in remarkably good condition. Originals maybe?
I can only hope now that when it comes to doing my own legs that it all goes so smoothly.

Reactions: Jamsmoo and Sidrick
Looks like I'll have the car for sale, a 2nd set of DTM alloys, complete 345mm Porsche 4-pot front brake set up and xenon headlight conversion for sale. In case anyone wants to beat the rush ;)

You can't sell the brakes or the wheels....

..... because I haven't any money at the moment.

The quest for more horse powers and torques is not cheap.

:-(

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sidrick
Self made Polyurethane Snub Mount. 65a Shore Hardness.
2c88bc98add1f19d9e42dfb7f3e66a58.jpg
c2d7676cbbdd4e5ed17a9909ee4bdf62.jpg
fdc9a92bdcf3d593c9e05a617691a648.jpg

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sam1989, JohnVZ and Sidrick
Solidified jizz by the looks of it :D

Good work Don.
Tried to change the color so it wouldn't look like jizz hhhhh, but the dye had a weird chemical reaction with the polyurethane and made it all guee and sticky...

Finally got it back on the road “rolls eyes!!!”

A retaining bolt on the hpfp snapped. The pump then pulled the other 2 retainers off the head ruining the thread (in the head).

Had to use my trusty old screw extraction kit to get the snapped one out. Then Drilled all 3 out and used helicoils to repair the thread.

Took it for a good rant and the repair seems to be holding ok.

Seems to be a common occurence bolts snapping with these pump fitments, good job you got it sorted though.:thumbs up:

I’ve managed to snap 2 in the last 6 months. Nightmare.

Got an oil leak to find and repair next. Then book it in at badger 5 for a remap as there only about 45 minutes from me:icon thumright:

Reactions: Charlie Farley
That stuff cost more than actually buying a snub mount.
You can make 20 polyurethane snub mounts with 1kg. Anyways i bought this stuff for the engine mounts and have a lot remaining.

You can make 20 polyurethane snub mounts with 1kg. Anyways i bought this stuff for the engine mounts and have a lot remaining.

The ad says it's hardness is like natural rubber, snub mounts are bit harder, polyurethane I think.
Does it seem similar?

The ad says it's hardness is like natural rubber, snub mounts are bit harder, polyurethane I think.
Does it seem similar?
This stuff is Polyurethane, its like rubber but better. The original snub mounts are hardened polyester.
034 Motor sport sale a polyurethane snub mount, I just tried to make the same one. Haven't tried it yet but once I do i will post the difference if any.

Reactions: Pie-eyedpiper
This stuff is Polyurethane, its like rubber but better. The original snub mounts are hardened polyester.
034 Motor sport sale a polyurethane snub mount, I just tried to make the same one. Haven't tried it yet but once I do i will post the difference if any.

I installed a powerflex poly snubnose, yellow one so a little more compliant.

Took a little while to settle, at first ride was horrid.

Reactions: Donfero
I installed a powerflex poly snubnose, yellow one so a little more compliant.

Took a little while to settle, at first ride was horrid.
Im not sure what the hardness of the powerflex poly is but the one i made is a little softer than the 034 one. 034 is 70a shore mine is 65a shore so closer to oem.

Finished putting the car back together. Greased up to within an inch of its life :tearsofjoy:
Also put the 034 snub mount on which was great fun..downpipes on the list next.
5126F6A8 A38D 4D46 A373 D58EFBEA9983
2155A5FA CEA7 43DD 90A0 16EAD60E3944

Engine is definitely locked down now with track density gearbox mounts and engine mounts. Much more direct. Can’t believe the difference the polypushes make to it all. If anyone is in need of any front sway bar end links I’ll have a pair of 034 ones for sale.

Reactions: Ricky Burrows and Stu_b7
Finished putting the car back together. Greased up to within an inch of its life :tearsofjoy:
Also put the 034 snub mount on which was great fun..downpipes on the list next. View attachment 206616View attachment 206617
Engine is definitely locked down now with track density gearbox mounts and engine mounts. Much more direct. Can’t believe the difference the polypushes make to it all. If anyone is in need of any front sway bar end links I’ll have a pair of 034 ones for sale.

Ohhhh how much are you after for them mate?

199E8259 B667 4B21 BF6F 807CA940908C
Ohhhh how much are you after for them mate?

Don’t get too excited. There not the fancy ones. If it’s somebody on the forum I’ll take £20 for them. Collection preferred but can get a postage price

Fitted my alternative rear diffuser this evening.
Not quite the look I was hoping for, after cutting to make allowance for the removable towbar. Towbar and swivle socket are both visable, but hey ho, the joys of caravanning.
But I still prefer the look to the original.

Rob, I now see your reluctance to start cutting yours up.

IMG 20200721 205130174 copy 2088x1733

Reactions: AvantMike
Fitted my alternative rear diffuser this evening.
Not quite the look I was hoping for, after cutting to make allowance for the removable towbar. Towbar and swivle socket are both visable, but hey ho, the joys of caravanning.
But I still prefer the look to the original.

Rob, I now see your reluctance to start cutting yours up.

View attachment 206681

Yep, that was the major downside with it , it's very visible.
The OE S4 one is good in that you cant see anything until the neck is fitted.

Reactions: Jamsmoo
At the moment i'm happy to stick with things the way they are to be honest, lots of nice valances though.

IMG 1326 1dert

Reactions: AvantMike and Jamsmoo
Yes, SRH.
Not going to park like that again.
Get the car back this week.
I’m amazed how much I miss it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Before and after, plus couple of pics of brake upgrade.
RS4 at front, Zimmerman drilled discs at rear. Trying to upgrade rears to 330mm is proving difficult.
Wheels are now 19”x9”. Offset may be slightly too wide?
H&R coilovers and H&R ARBs front and rear.

To do: cold air intake and exhaust.
Does anyone do a Stage 2 tune maximising for torque rather than bhp?
In the real world acceleration is more important than top speed, especially on twisty A roads.

15dd47d0c89a15bfeb663d409240d5be.jpg

99d8ddf8af5230a3a221b4d62e2ece93.jpg

5d4f13f5b6fdee3988176a4e29a271d6.jpg

0722d46ecdba4673841f8370feb0bda1.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jamsmoo, Bobbytea and The_Guvnor_1980
Snub mount bush replaced on the quattro - long winded job on the 3.2 but very well worth it.

Here's the old one, and the replacement from Powerflex.

Attachments

• IMG_1362.jpeg
    IMG_1362.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 145
  • IDRS3562.jpeg
    IDRS3562.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Spent 2 hours swapping over my 034 HFC back to the OE CAT ready for MOT next friday, and after two previous swaps it still does'nt get any easier, well its easier to get the 034 off and out than getting the OE back in, anyway off a blat shortly to see how much power i've lost , probably to much.

Reactions: Jamsmoo
After catching it on a speed bump I promptly went home changed my pants and removed the tow bar
ef5540d11e3367c5ec7e913a96e06b65.jpg

Reactions: Pie-eyedpiper and Charlie Farley
It would appear that the gains from the 034 HFC are as they quote, having just been out for a quick drive on the same circuit i know very well the power is way down like for like, bottom end is not as good and midrange has lost a lot of performance i've grown to love , top end suffers a bit but mostly its the midrange that has lost the most and a tad anyoning as thats the best part.
Also lost the angry growl from the exhaust aswell , so i've a tame car now, i think i'll need to come up with something to put back on that will satisfy the performance side and MOT , really cant be swapping over CAT's every 12 months.