1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Dani_B19 Feb 12, 2016

1. Sidrick

Sidrick Well-Known Member

Calipers?

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. I'm Just Rob.

I'm Just Rob. Moderating or something, Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

It was late last night scott , very possibly yes, I started writing down p/n and comparing then fell asleep.:sadlike:

Just looking back now at another old thread by James c on the same upgrade.

4. I'm Just Rob.

I'm Just Rob. Moderating or something, Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

do you have the caliper p/n for your original calipers and also the p/n for the s4 carriers?
    Maybe send them over and i'll compare them to the list I started comparing, well if you are still thinking of doing the swap.

Rob

Sidrick likes this.
  5. docurley

docurley Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Did some headlight work

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bobbytea and Dan_Avant like this.
  6. Bobbytea

Bobbytea Active Member

Hi Sidrick,

I’ve done the S4 carrier upgrade and yes the gap is tight to the disc. However I’ve been running them now for quite some time and have not had any witness marks on the callipers showing the discs have touched (the paint hasn’t even been marked). I’ve got them plenty hot enough too - I would’ve liked a little more gap between the disc and the callipers but so far so good.

7. Pie-eyedpiper

Pie-eyedpiper Active Member

Are the calipers and carriers a lot larger and is it a worthwhile upgrade?

8. Bobbytea

Bobbytea Active Member

Took my disc size from 320mm to 345mm, handy increase in braking performance and fade resistance especially when you’ve upped the HP. Gives you the confidence to push on a little harder.

No change in calliper size as it’s the same size as the 320mm Special Ed’s - possibly a different part code as the previous posts mention.

9. Pie-eyedpiper

Thanks.
    Is it just the carrier size that changes then?

10. Bobbytea

Bobbytea Active Member

Yep just the carrier changes, oh and of course the discs change.

Pie-eyedpiper likes this.
  11. Pie-eyedpiper

Thanks for that Bobby.
    Do you happen to have the carrier part number at all?

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. Sidrick

Sidrick Well-Known Member

I went with 1K0 615 125 B.

Interested to hear if that's what others had.

I believe 8E0 615 125 C is an option but the only difference is those are painted black.

I'll have new discs and carriers for sale....

14. HOGG

HOGG Well-Known Member

Needs less amber in the headlights

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

15. UisT4

UisT4 Active Member

Primer done on wheel #1. Doesn't look too bad considering it had a bit of kerb rash.

Two of the others are in pretty good shape so just need keying and the last one is a bit rough but hopefully not need any filler...

#NotPerfectButGoodEnough

20200411_145637_compress31.jpg

I'm Just Rob. and Sidrick like this.
  16. BakPak

BakPak No Gear

Very well done. Where do I start lol!
    20200411_152154.jpg

17. UisT4

UisT4 Active Member

230 grit paper, bucket of soapy water and some beer, well that's my afternoon anyway

Sidrick likes this.
  18. Shaun Osborne

Shaun Osborne Member

Dan_Avant likes this.
  19. BakPak

BakPak No Gear

Stella obviously

Sidrick likes this.
  20. Ricky Burrows

Ricky Burrows Well-Known Member

Yeah thats what i had planned looks good subtle but enough of a difference to be worth doing.

21. TOM.S

TOM.S Active Member

interior upgrade vol2 more red & black bits...
    20200411_162329.jpg 20200411_162358.jpg 20200411_162350.jpg 20200411_162340.jpg 20200411_162312.jpg 20200411_162300.jpg 20200411_162245.jpg
    next up rear view mirror, headliner , boot.
    Any ideas on how to turn the headliner black the most cost,time effective way?

22. David Cox

David Cox Member

Only seem to post when have a problem, so here's what I've done today.
    Replacement rear spring on the avant, noticed one side sitting slightly lower, so ordered some eibach springs, but they are delayed due to current situation so fitted a standard one until they arrive.
    Also have finally upgraded the front discs to 320mm from memory, hopefully they will feel better than the original ones. Brembo discs and pads, fill the 18" wheels a bit better too.
    Might even get round to dropping front bumper and fitting the mesh grille that's sat in the shed for a while, centre armrest and few other bits, if weather holds and still lockdown. Other cars have been sorted before the Audi lately.

Attached Files:

Sidrick likes this.
  23. David Cox

David Cox Member

One mid fitment shot too.

Attached Files:

UisT4 likes this.
  24. Pie-eyedpiper

"What did I do to my A4 yesterday".
    Here's my B8 seats fitted. They upholstery needs a proper clean though.
    (the armrest lid is mid change). Leather door cards also to be fitted
    DHL delivered the last parts of my rear seats today, the backrests. And I have to say they look lovely. Will photo when fitted.

IMG_20200411_163357802.jpg

25. I'm Just Rob.

Today I was due to be working but a change of client plans meant I managed to get the day off, so a bonus there.:yahoo:

Sun was out so decided to address some ongoing issues .
    Off with all the wheels and gave them a good spanking clean both sides, I do like clean alloys on both sides, a few minor marks but still happy with them.:icon thumright:
    Found a split in the inside edge sidewall , not good as they are not that old so i'll be having words with my tyre centre that fitted them , well when they are back at work that is.

Started out with a plan to pressure wash under wheel arches but my pressure cleaner threw a wobbly within the first minute so had to use the manual method of a bucket of soapy water and stiff brush.:yes:

Worked to a degree and at least I have clean dampers and springs now, but also found my damper bump stops have disintegrated on both sides so i'll need to order a set, they are the oem ones from the original s-line dampers so cant really complain.

On the front I gave it a clean and all seems ok but my Brembo's are looking very tatty now after a good few years so a refurb is on the cards in the next few weeks as the 8 pot set i wanted are not available now until November:sob:.
    I've been planning on a repaint for sometime but just kept putting it off , seems like I cant delay any longer and just need to decide on colour.

So all those bits done it was time to mess around with wheel spacing , replaced the fronts and rears with different thickness spacers so now on effective offsets of, ET27 on the rears and ET31 on the fronts .

That is about it for today, I was going to give the old bus a wash aswell but that may have been a step to far in one day for it..lol

piccy's as we all like a piccy or two.

brake3.JPG brake2.JPG Brake1.JPG IMG_0999.JPG brake4.JPG brake5.JPG

AvantMike, TOM.S and David Cox like this.
  26. BakPak

BakPak No Gear

Don't like that tyre split at all, is it bulging?

27. I'm Just Rob.

No its not as yet but a bit of a concern , I have seen a few reports of Avon zz's suffering from sidewall splits and cracking etc so i'm going to have words with avon as they are only a couple of years old and not even half worn yet.

28. Sam1989

Sam1989 Active Member

B5149DE2-8352-4A43-A24D-9E6DA7DF5997.jpeg Today I fixed my cup holder :yahoo: Nothing exiting but it’s been getting stuck and was driving me mad before isolation. Got quite a few 034 mounts on the way from awesome gti so look forward to getting stuck into them once they arrive!

Bobbytea, AvantMike, TOM.S and 2 others like this.
  29. Shaun Osborne

Shaun Osborne Member

Are the B8 seats a straight forward swap?

30. Pie-eyedpiper

Absolutely, they bolt straight in, everything lines up.
    The only issue is with the seat wiring harness. It depends what functions you have. Mine were only basic anyway, non-heated, non-memory. I have had to change my airbag plug over to my original one too, soldered and heat shrink.
    Big improvement though, especially over my cloth B7 originals.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
    Shaun Osborne and I'm Just Rob. like this.
  31. AvantMike

AvantMike Active Member

Few cosmetic bits whilst working on grill mod.. replaced logo with gloss black & de-badged the Sline badge i'd stuck on there last year.

Attached Files:

Ricky Burrows and Shaun Osborne like this.
  32. Ricky Burrows

Ricky Burrows Well-Known Member

Looking good mike looking forward to seeing it with the wheels on as were in lockdown can you tell us what wheels you have now? pweaaaseeeee

33. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

34. I'm Just Rob.

Been doing some thinking and browsing , I've decided to do my Brembo's ….
    [​IMG]

Yep Banana split yellow and before you all fall over in shock and horror I think it suits a black bus very well.:yes::yahoo:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
    AvantMike, Sidrick, David Cox and 3 others like this.
  35. i3oricua

i3oricua Well-Known Member

Congrats Rob. Great color choice. I just repainted mine this weekend.

[​IMG]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Sidrick, David Cox and I'm Just Rob. like this.
  36. I'm Just Rob.

I love Red calipers well I have them at the moment , just fancy a change , something a bit more on the edge appeal.:yes:

37. I'm Just Rob.

Did you do them insitu Edgar or remove them to repaint?

38. i3oricua

i3oricua Well-Known Member

I removed completely off the car. Had to rebleed the system but that was fairly easy with my son helping. Took about two days since I wanted to make sure the paint cured decently well.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I'm Just Rob. likes this.
  39. Pie-eyedpiper

I do like the yellow against a red or black car. Red is good, but with a red car I think is too much.

40. Pie-eyedpiper

Fitted my half leather rear seats today.
    I know they don't match my B8 fronts, but B8 rears won't fit without serious modification and I could find any B7 half leather fronts. All just need cleaning now.
    Also being from Germany the rear seats have the through ski bag option. Ideal when on the piste in Lincolnshire!

IMG_20200413_135952018_HDR.jpg

AvantMike, Sidrick and I'm Just Rob. like this.
  41. BakPak

BakPak No Gear

Yellow calipers (especially with Porsche) get massive kerb appeal behind a black wheel.

42. I'm Just Rob.

They look nice but you really need to loose the rubber floor mats and get some carpet mats, would make all the difference.:icon thumright::yes:

43. Pie-eyedpiper

Thanks Rob.
    I've had carpet mats in the past, but they but never stay clean long and the heel pad wears through. Rubber don't look as good, but are far more practical.

AvantMike likes this.