1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Dani_B19 Feb 12, 2016

1. HOGG

HOGG Active Member

Fitted new wiper blades all round....
    Best £16.87 ever spent[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sam1989 and Stanningtonglen like this.
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Stanningtonglen

Stanningtonglen Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group S-line owners group Audi S4 quattro Audi A4

last time i changed mine it cost me £40, so yep i'd agree with that HOGG

4. Just Rob.

Just Rob. Moderator Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep Team Daytona Team Brilliant Black TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter VCDS Map User S-line owners group quattro Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group Manual

from where at that price?

5. Just Rob.

Just Rob. Moderator Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep Team Daytona Team Brilliant Black TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter VCDS Map User S-line owners group quattro Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group Manual

And if it is trade then no point telling really us as most of us wont get trade …..:sadlike:

6. HOGG

HOGG Active Member

Local motor factors with ,"trade" discount LOL

Just ask for it even if your not trade. Show them the pics of the trade prices.

7. Just Rob.

They are all a bit wiser to that around this neck of the woods i'm afraid, unless you can prove you are "trade" they wont entertain it.

8. Sidrick

Sidrick Active Member TFSI Owners Group Audi A4

Looked at the reviews and went genuine for my wipers, though at that price you could replace them 2-3 times for the same as Audi items. The OE wipers are silky smooth compared to whatever I replaced, though.

HOGG likes this.
  9. Just Rob.

Mine are getting a bit squeeky now, still clear the screen fine though.
    I've not changed them in my ownership which is over 5 years now and were on the car when I bought it with 29k on the clock , now on 76k ish so probably due to be replaced.:whistle2:

10. HOGG

HOGG Active Member

Bosch make Audi wipers

11. Sidrick

They did, years ago, but Audi have made Audi wipers for quite some time now.

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. HOGG

HOGG Active Member

I can categorically state that Audi do not own a wiper blade making factory

14. Sidrick

Does a wiper blade making factory exist?

15. Sam1989

Sam1989 Active Member

thanks, it came with them as standard, they are the bi-xenons. Just painted the internals.

16. HOGG

HOGG Active Member

This atm[​IMG]

17. Just Rob.

And that is?

18. HOGG

HOGG Active Member

Cambelt kit and water pump job. Nearly finished[​IMG][​IMG]

Sidrick likes this.
  19. Gazwould

Gazwould Well-Known Member

Black rubber snub mount ?

20. HOGG

HOGG Active Member

Finished[​IMG]

21. Just Rob.

Are you in the trade then chap?

22. HOGG

HOGG Active Member

Not at all. I work at an Airport

23. Sidrick

Excellent graft.

HOGG likes this.
  24. Just Rob.

Did a deal on a nearly new set of B7 rs4 door mirrors so that's another job to do but also another item off the never ending list of bit to do.:yes:

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
    Donfero and Sidrick like this.
  25. Donfero

Donfero Active Member

It never ends...

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

26. Just Rob.

It's worth it though:yahoo::yes:

Rob Avant likes this.
  27. jarnold231

jarnold231 Active Member

Seats collected.

Two new tyres courtesy of Norfolks ****** roads and a bad case of exposed ironwork.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

28. Just Rob.

Not a good trip then chap, are the seats worth it though.

29. jarnold231

jarnold231 Active Member

Bit of a ****** tbh, but no significant harm done other than the tyres and a nasty cut in the alloy. But they're coming off next week for the winter so plenty of time to grind , fill and repray which they needed anyway. No harm in two new tyres up front as well.

Seats in good nick and got the centre console as well at a good price. Got a boot full of the kit to run up to Scotland on Monday.

Again if anyone is in the market for a reasonable condition cloth interior with heated seats give me a shout.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

30. Sidrick

Got some Philips Xtreme Vision bulbs fitted today. Seemed a good compromise of performance and life expectancy. Looked at a xenon upgrade but not sure I can do OEM on my limited budget after ordering tyres for both cars which should arrive tomorrow :)

Vredestein Quatrac 5 for the DTM and Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Gen-2 for the wife's Tiguan.

31. Just Rob.

So it will be a case of this now then, something that I seem to suffer from on a regular basis with cars...lol
    [​IMG]

32. Alex Holmes

Alex Holmes Well-Known Member

Im in the market for an headlight upgrade, i too would like to do the xenon retrofit but until i figure out the auto level its a no go so in the meantime its a good set of aftermarket bulbs. Apparently the osram nightbraker bulbs are very good

33. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

34. Just Rob.

If you are serious about going the headlamp upgrade then go the whole hogg and fit the Adaptive ones, really work well.

35. Bobbytea

Bobbytea Member

A sheep did some work to the front of the bus today.... and I’d only just got it all straight...

New bonnet, wing, bumper and headlight needed..... grrrrrrreat. Kill me now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

36. Bobbytea

Bobbytea Member

[​IMG]

37. Just Rob.

:sadlike: not good chap.

38. Sygh2k

Sygh2k Active Member Gold Supporter

new rods, recoated pistons and new rings all refitted in there home

Attached Files:

Just Rob. likes this.
  39. Sidrick

Sexy stuff!

40. Alex Holmes

Alex Holmes Well-Known Member

Yeah that would be the plan, as you probably know and in my style, im not happy unless its an oem fitment working 100% as the factory intended.
    Im anal like that....

41. Just Rob.

I used to have the very same approach but given the old bus is not really worth that much now even though it is in very good condition, I'm more happy now to just play around with bits and bobs, give it a more personalised feel now .
    oem is fine but I feel its more suited to newer variants , but hey, its that old chestnut " personal preference" .

rob

Alex Holmes likes this.
  42. Donfero

Donfero Active Member

Installed one of my self made engine mounts, broke the brake vaccum line in the process and very disappointed with the end result. Engine is tight but the vibration is unbearable, you can actually feel your bones shaking!

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

43. Stickystuff

Stickystuff Active Member

Have you painted these pistons?

Just to point out that, if you have painted them then your going to potentially damage your engine very quickly. They need to be bare aluminium against the cylinder wall to allow the oil to lubricate them. When they get hot mixed with oil the paint will turn into a paste and very quickly wear the piston and bore out!

If they have been professionally coated in some sort of protective/slippery coating then pleas ignore my raving!