What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Yahoooooooooo, no more buzzing, problem solved.
resorted to some logical diagnostics and found the problem , and fixed it ….happy days.:yahoo::icon thumright:

Custom made engine mounts.
Will install them and give them a try.
57f2bb624db358037f6deed00936b264.jpg

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pedrödelabongo and Charlie Farley
What alloys are these ?
something nice I hope.:yes:

I doubt you'll like them, Rob - they're not OEM!
However, I think that they suit the car - or at least will when they've been fettled, the wings fitted and paint done.

I'm fine with aftermarket , I have had a fair few sets, just found the oems fitted better over my larger 18z calipers but otherwise aftermarket are fine with me.
Show us some pics chap.:icon thumright:

I'm fine with aftermarket , I have had a fair few sets, just found the oems fitted better over my larger 18z calipers but otherwise aftermarket are fine with me.
Show us some pics chap.:icon thumright:

Aye, once they're back from the refurb dudes.

Not even a quick look at the styling then....

LOL! I don't have a pic of them to be honest. They're Calibre summat or t'other and have a polished rim - needless to say, that's not going to be there once they're finished - with a chunky cross spoke pattern.

It was the Alpine antenna adapter .
I pulled the HU out and systematically unplugged inputs , when I unplugged the alpine HU antenna adapter from the oem audi fakra plug the buzzing just stopped straight away.
I had a spare conncect2 adapter so refitted that and all is well, job done.:yes:

I spoke with Alpine again today to clarify wiring, they confirmed that they don't make or supply the antenna adapters, but confirmed it may well have been the source.
Anyway all working now.

Spoke to Pioneer today...
1. The resolution on the photos were too high after reducing them it now can be played.
2. Themes - they stopped doing that due to it using too much memory.
3. The buzzing noise, they don't know but was advised to cut the illumination cable.

Just realised another issue, it's stuck on the night skin for the navigation now.

Played about with the EQ settings - the SQ is not as bad as I thought :yahoo:

Alpine mentioned the illumination lead , but they omit it from the ilx anyway.
I know it means pulling the hu out again but try disconnecting the antenna adapter from the audi fakra plug whilst the unit is on and see if the buzzing stops.
Mine did straight away, swapped it with another one and now all is fine.
Alpine tech guy was really helpful and knew all about the buzzing problem with certain audi platforms, it is a very common issue it would seem and in many cases one has to mess around or even bypass the audi amp setup.....
Anyway , mines working now buzz free so I wont start messing around with amps etc.

Resonated Miltek and 034 cat on. Can't wait to get it back tomorrow :)

71740075 1135635893302537 4819943944613789696 n

Reactions: Stanningtonglen, Rob Avant, Metalsmurf and 3 others
looks great, just a shame its under the car .:thumbs up:

Reactions: Sidrick
Was taking a picture of the A4 and this classic Jaguar got in the way.
e94486f60bf7ddd9292a676e4add8169.jpg
4f1b4dffda6ae0992fa266c16dab5a10.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Reactions: boffin486 and Sidrick
Got mine back from the body shop and decided to get the steering swapped over while there was a break in the weather
BE4A8914 30D1 4C18 B920 964C42D87873
64647D62 7826 47DD 93A2 D909CAD8BD69

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Not 100% sure about the steering wheel to be honest , all down to personal choice really but oem item looks a much nicer item of the two in my opinion.
The modified one looks out of place somehow, cant put my finger on it ,maybe its the overall finish , but hey that's just my view , if it works for you then that's all that matters.:thumbs up:
Allways worth a go though.:yes:

Reactions: Sidrick
For me Two materials may have been better , just breaks up the texture , not so bulky looking, just a thought.
I find the round air bag looks much less obtrusive on a FB wheel.
Upload 2019 10 1 21 19 0

Yeah that’s it isn’t. All different strokes, I had it trimmed like that, always had thicker alcantara wheels in previous cars and just found the oem one a little thin. Wouldn’t have one for a daily drive but weekend driving it suits for what I want

Every one is different , that's what makes owning a b7 such a personal thing.
Allways good to see an owner braking away from the norm....:icon thumright:

At least yours is multi-function, which is more than can be said for mine..lol

Yeah In honesty that’s half the reason I didn’t go down an rs4 or another oem a3 wheel, I thought knowing my luck I’ll lose all the multifunction and I’m pretty clueless when it comes to vcds haha

I may not have HU control now, but I do have a much better DIS control via steering wheel buttons instead of the oem stalk method, all swings and round abouts really.:yes:

Reactions: Sam1989
I know the Rs4 fbsw is not everyones cuppa tea and it get's a lot of flack , but I find the design does work very well in the b7 interior and despite some saying the silver trim is a bit cheap , I find it is very good.
I think a lot depends on how the wheel has been treated really, a good one is a very good contrast for an all black interior etc.
IMG 1798 1

The best ,
Piano black is vile , plastic , not perfectly flat and shows up any slightest scratch and the dust .

The short coming is the badge at the bottom , it does wear a bit.
Even though the wheel I bought was in almost new condition the rs4 badge had some marks.
I just replaced it with another suitable badge.
Rs4r

Does the near side stick out more than the off side?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

No, that's perspective :) Exact to the mm, but might take them in another little bit. Both tail cans already trimmed for fitment....