1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Dani_B19 Feb 12, 2016

1. jarnold231

jarnold231 Member

I do too, but shall be the first to admit that it does cause problems when one encounters the highland pothole. Thinking coilovers and about 2" higher.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. HOGG

HOGG Active Member

I just fitted blueline jom Coilovers. 200 quid but really good for the money

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

boffin486 likes this.
  4. Just Rob.

Just Rob. Moderator Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep Team Daytona Team Brilliant Black TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter VCDS Map User S-line owners group Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro Manual

When the rain stops, i'm about to remove the glovebox & cd changer, pioneer head unit etc and then prepare to start all over again on Tuesday.

5. HOGG

HOGG Active Member

A week of rain coming

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

6. Just Rob.

Just Rob. Moderator Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep Team Daytona Team Brilliant Black TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter VCDS Map User S-line owners group Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro Manual

I may have to resort to putting it the garage instead, well after I have made space in it..lol

Sidrick likes this.
  7. boffin486

boffin486 Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group S-line owners group TDi Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro

Yep. Put them on both my Audis.

8. boffin486

boffin486 Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group S-line owners group TDi Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro

Not actually working on the Audi today but am prepping/painting a pair of new front wings to put on the old mans Passat.

9. Just Rob.

Plan b now as there is not enough room as cars already habitating both garages...blast .

10. boffin486

So! I'm not the only one with a few garages that I can't actually get into as they're full of Cars (in various states of dimantlement) and assorted junk etc......

11. Just Rob.

you are not alone chap.

12. Avatar

13. Just Rob.

This old bus uses half a garage alone.

ford4.JPG

Sidrick likes this.
  14. UisT4

UisT4 Member Team Avus Silver TFSI Owners Group S-line owners group Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group Manual

Thought it was time to ditch the scabby yellow paint on my calipers. Thought anthracite and silver might make it a bit smarter but not settled on final colour yet.

Before:-
    rps20190922_180740.jpg

After:-
    rps20190922_180716.jpg

15. Just Rob.

The anthracite looks good and suits that type of caliper much better than brighter colour such as red, yellow, blue.
    I feel the alloy calipers suit brighter colours well .

16. AvantMike

AvantMike Active Member S-line owners group TDi Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group Manual

Loving that rear bumper JArnold

17. The_Guvnor_1980

The_Guvnor_1980 New Member Team V6 Team Silver S-line owners group Audi A4 quattro Audi Cabriolet Owner Group

I like the S-Line Caliper springs!! Can you tell me where you purchased them from please?

18. UisT4

UisT4 Member Team Avus Silver TFSI Owners Group S-line owners group Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group Manual

They are from Ebay, there are a few different sellers on there but going back through my purchases I bought 'AUDI S3 (2006-2012) FRONT BRAKE PAD FITTING KIT CALIPER SPRING PLATE BPF1846D' then just buy whatever design decals you want to go on them.

The_Guvnor_1980 likes this.
  19. MrSaetervik

MrSaetervik New Member

I installed my new Pioneer HU today and made the cigarette lighter into a USB/AUX input for the unit :)

And here is the easiest way to pull it out btw, just break off the plastic cross and push the clip. I’ve seen posts on here where they take apart the whole centre console for no reason :)

BC740A5C-076A-439C-B7B5-A88E58EC5276.jpeg 124AC873-0706-4A43-A6C4-808E3ECB2B8D.jpeg 479533A6-51E7-48F6-A06A-C3E759BB50CD.jpeg A3B8FCB1-3725-4299-9F02-40F072D0EBFE.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  20. Just Rob.

Not a good day frankly , well the old bus itself is performing superbly at present which in more than I can say for the in car entertainment dept.
    It would appear another total messup has struck my ICE , i'm now sick of it all so leaving my original oem double din HU in the car until such times as a working setup with all the parts that suits my requirements pops up.

21. Just Rob.

So having pondered on the problem , then pondered a bit more, today I decided to fit the darn Alpine Head Unit and just see where things end up.
    I manged to fabricate a suitable mini-loom from an old pc motherboard connector and a audio wiring loom from my previous Subaru legacy.
    Seems to do the job for the AUX input and Camera connection.
    I'm still fitting the HU at the moment but have completed a nice remote AUX and USB point at the rear of the centre consol.

I'm hoping the HU fit is going to be problem free job this evening but with my luck so far , it may not the case.

pic of usb/aux input. aux3.JPG

22. Pedrödelabongo

Pedrödelabongo York Team Phantom Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group Manual

Taken my new (to me) wheels to be refurbed.
    Got new tyres too!

Playing with a spare set of headlights, trying a few ideas.

Just Rob. likes this.
  23. Nozrul Islam

Nozrul Islam Active Member

Few weeks ago fitted the Pioneer AVIC-Z910DAB but with few issues...
    1. Upon headlight switch being turned on a whining noise is audible from the speakers.
    2. I can't get it to display jpeg pics.
    Other than that SQ is much better than the original unit.
    What this unit needs is real speakers, amplifiers etc and not Bose!

24. Just Rob.

Evening chap,
    Did you resolve the the buzzing problem?
    I had the same problem with my original pioneer, only very minimal and I think I just ignored it in the end, and it only occurred when headlamps were on.
    I have the same problem again , just fitted an Alpine HU and the very same problem , but a lot louder, mute function stops it but also the sound.
    Only seems to be on radio reception though.

25. Nozrul Islam

Hello Rob, yes mate very minimal but I guess I'll have to ignore it, mine comes on as soon as I turn it on regardless of what source is on.

Can themes be changed on these?

26. Just Rob.

I may have a go tomorrow and run a dedicated earth lead from the Head Unit to a decent chassis earth point just in case there is a ground loop going on.

27. Nozrul Islam

That could resolve it, keep us posted.

28. Just Rob.

From memory I think you can, my previous Pioneer would let you add a new theme other than the pre installed ones,it probably mentions it in the manual , but the manual is a tad long.

29. Just Rob.

do you have Xenons by some chance?

30. Donfero

Donfero Active Member

Are these HUs using a canbus decoder?

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

31. Just Rob.

Not sure , but the B7's have a very limited canbus anyway compared to B8's so if so, it will only be for basic steering wheel functions.
    In my case none as my RS4 fbsw doesn't have those functions over HU control.

32. Just Rob.

I have a connects2 canbus kit for my B7 but I have not connected the canbus module for the steering wheel, the alpine "ilx" unit does itself support a very extensive canbus set of functions though.

33. Avatar

34. Donfero

Donfero Active Member

Actually the canbus does a bit more than that, it gives signals to the oem radio to work, turn lights on handbrake signal and a few other signals. When you install an aftermarket radio you will need the canbus decoder.

35. Just Rob.

agreed , but they are mostly to do with the steering wheel multifunction and audio.

36. Nozrul Islam

My volume and track control works on the steering wheel.

37. Just Rob.

Yes they will and a few other functions like tel call answering etc as that's the function of the canbus box with the connects2 kit, but you wont get all the fucntions that the oem setup had.

38. Donfero

Donfero Active Member

The canbus decoder has 4 inputs, 12v, Gnd, can high and can low, it outputs 12v Acc, light switch, reverse switch speed and handbrake signals needed to for an aftermarket HU to function, it also has 2 outputs RX and TX that go into the HU for steering wheel functions, so basically the Steering Wheel function is decoded by the HU. The decoder is also designed to minimize the electric noise.
    I suggest you install a canbus decoder to get rid of the noise.

39. Just Rob.

It's already fitted, and all connections are correct , and the last two aftermarket hu's were all fitted with canbus setups but still had the buzzing when the headlamps were switched on.

40. Donfero

Donfero Active Member

Thats the point i was trying to get to, change the canbus decoder if you have a spare one before attempting anything else.

Sidrick likes this.
  41. Donfero

Donfero Active Member

Rob, i have an extra one, Japanese made was taken out of a Japanese import along with a JVC HU that only speaks Japanese. Its yours if you want it.
    My brother in law is going home to Spain in 2 weeks if its cheaper to ship it from there I'll send it with him.

42. Just Rob.

Alpine HU all fitted now , and remote USB/AUX socket works very well.
    Buzzing is a pain though but i'm working through possible sources of the problematic RFI.:sadlike:
    HU start up screen is different, nice touch , but not an alpine one but i'll kinda like it so will leave it alone.
    Lots of setup options to mess around with and functions.:icon thumright:
    Goggle maps works very well and apple car play is a glorious function, add to that the siri voice control means it does prettywell all I need .:yahoo:
    No cd but i'll be trying the online options , if the buzzing problem is overcome I may buy the optional cd/dvd player just to use my vast cd collection.
    Will be unplugging the headlamps when the rain stops, well if it ever stops...:bye:
    ASL4.JPG

Sidrick likes this.
  43. Just Rob.

Yahoooooooooo, no more buzzing, problem solved.
    resorted to some logical diagnostics and found the problem , and fixed it ….happy days.:yahoo::icon thumright: