What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

what damper /spring combo is that you have choosen.

Its just the B12 Sportline kit so B8 dampers and mathched Eibach springs. Got them months ago but house move got in the way, finally got the garage cleared so can spend some more time on the car.

Reactions: Sidrick
Upgraded rns-e from mk1 to 2. Took a short time coding the proper splash screen then telling it I didn't have a phone or MFSW. Happy with it :)

New1

New2

New3

Reactions: Ricky Burrows and Sam1989
It's the start of something big

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Started to mount my FMIC yesterday, made a custom mount and crash bar, painted it today.
f9438828d656b044c9e580acb1a052b2.jpg
3eae23c5f5efc3ac9228e422e738ac16.jpg
743d5e2fa90b4f66968ce69f648dd477.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rob Avant, Stanningtonglen, AvantMike and 4 others
Started to mount my FMIC yesterday, made a custom mount and crash bar, painted it today.
f9438828d656b044c9e580acb1a052b2.jpg
3eae23c5f5efc3ac9228e422e738ac16.jpg
743d5e2fa90b4f66968ce69f648dd477.jpg

Like the fact you put the holes in the crash bar, seen so many numpties put a solid bar in front then wonder why there cars temps are so high when running high boost lol.

Reactions: AvantMike
Like the fact you put the holes in the crash bar, seen so many numpties put a solid bar in front then wonder why there cars temps are so high when running high boost lol.
Yes Ricky, the bar covers about 1/3 of the intercooler so it would be daft not to, However the number plate is there anyway. May have to do the RS6 grille mod

Yes Ricky, the bar covers about 1/3 of the intercooler so it would be daft not to, However the number plate is there anyway. May have to do the RS6 grille mod

Put holes in the number plate? Priorities and all that lol I'm sure the old bill will understand when you explain :)

Reactions: Stanningtonglen, AvantMike and Bluepower
Any of my fellow Avanteers replaced gearstick/knobs? And how much of a ballache is it? Couldn't resist copying JArnold's idea to replace the uninspiring knob my SLine came with.

Any of my fellow Avanteers replaced gearstick/knobs? And how much of a ballache is it? Couldn't resist copying JArnold's idea to replace the uninspiring knob my SLine came with.
Whole unit comes out easily enough
The single use jubilee clip they attach the knob to the stick with is an absolute ****** to remove.
On the one I bought I had to take the leather boot out and staple/glue it into the original trim surround.

About 30 mins max work + glue drying

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Whole unit comes out easily enough
The single use jubilee clip they attach the knob to the stick with is an absolute ****** to remove.
On the one I bought I had to take the leather boot out and staple/glue it into the original trim surround.

About 30 mins max work + glue drying

Noted, thanks chap. Will no doubt swear a bit whilst removing it... always amuses me how the youtube mechanics skip over these bits with some interesting editing.
Think i've gone for a similar version to yours JArnold so will bear in mind a bit of artistic license required. Ta

Noted, thanks chap. Will no doubt swear a bit whilst removing it... always amuses me how the youtube mechanics skip over these bits with some interesting editing.
Think i've gone for a similar version to yours JArnold so will bear in mind a bit of artistic license required. Ta
Make sure you've got a spare jubilee clip for reinstallation. Found that gorilla glue worked well for reattaching and a heavy duty stapler

Just done this in my car.

Very easy to remove. OBVIOUSLY in the pic below, I removed more stuff than you need as I was spraying it.
600832d9357af8762c16e0d8c4353b7d.jpg
80ed1ea4f005d004771125424d3f9597.jpg

Reactions: Stanningtonglen and AvantMike
Open ashtray. Lift gear knob surround. Pull up the leather around the knob. You'll see the silver circlip. Undo. Knob pulls off with leather jacket and surround. You'll see. Very easy, good luck

Finally got car "MoT'd" today after months of chasing down and fixing various oil leaks.

Replaced
- Cam sensor rubber gaskets
- Oil filter housing + rubber gaskets (cheap part but a long old job to do as it's practically working blind hands down back of the motor)
- Vacuum pump + gasket (expensive part but right at the front and quick to swap over)

Nipping up the cam chain covers was enough to stop any oil seeping out from there.

I'm sure it's not my imagination but she feels just a little bit more perky on the road now which I'm guessing might be because the oil runs on a pressurised circuit to trigger the cam adjustment.

Made some progress over the weekend, fitted bixenon headlights, solved a suspension knock and gave it a quick service! has anyone done a good guide on retrofitting rear electric windows or on how to wire power to adjustable bolster seats?

Attachments

• D492731E-4187-4A55-A17D-3835FA366390.jpeg
    D492731E-4187-4A55-A17D-3835FA366390.jpeg
    72.2 KB · Views: 155
Reactions: Sam1989
Back from garage for a small oil leak fix. Washed, clayed & waxed the old girl..still looks good (IMO)...looking for someone locally that can weld new exhaust tips on . Slowly ticking jobs off.

Attachments

• Audi Aug 19.jpg
    Audi Aug 19.jpg
    940.7 KB · Views: 149
Reactions: Sam1989, Metalsmurf and Ricky Burrows
Not done much, but recieved some intercooler piping, just waiting on one coupler now and I can begin the FMIC installation!, oh and I replaced the blue coolant cap with a black one, no pics though.
ca437668144670996a2f8aad157fef61.jpg

On the negative front I dropped a large box on the old buses rear bumper, nice big scuff that wont buff out, arghhhhhhh.:wtf:
On the plus side I have located some 8.5j 20" s8 alloys not to far away from my location.:icon thumright:

Reactions: Stanningtonglen
And then dropped my iPhone on the gravel drive, needless to say that didn't end well, not a good day to be honest.:sadlike:

Not done much, but recieved some intercooler piping, just waiting on one coupler now and I can begin the FMIC installation!, oh and I replaced the blue coolant cap with a black one, no pics though.
ca437668144670996a2f8aad157fef61.jpg

Was this part of a kit or did you buy them one their own?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Took the car to a trusted local garage (Pigeon Cote in York). They're certainly not the cheapest, but they are the best round here.
So, this week, the car has had:

A proper health check - some things to do like the odd suspension arm and front engine mount will need sorting in the future, turbo pipe is weeping oil, daft things like that.
New rear discs and pads finally fitted.
Lots of fault codes deleted - just the airbag light still on, as though someone is sat in the passenger's front seat. Will need sorting before next MOT.
Full filters and fluid service.
New oil cooler.
Cooling system flushed and reverse flushed - some oil still present, but should go at next service.
Sorted the irrational driver door window - two broken wires between A pillar and door.

I have procured a front left wing in excellent condition, plus a pair of halogen headlights to play with, so once I get a front left wing, they'll be going on and the car will go to the bodyshop for a full repaint.

This morning I thought "Sod it, the new air con high pressure switch needs fitting!", so I did that and I wish I'd done it 3/4 months back! Long drive tomorrow andMonday, it'll be a lot more comfortable now.

Been an expensive week, but I've decided to keep this car as it drives so well, at least until we move overseas and even then, I'll probably keep it!

Now, wheels and tyres................

Reactions: Sidrick
On the negative front I dropped a large box on the old buses rear bumper, nice big scuff that wont buff out, arghhhhhhh.:wtf:
On the plus side I have located some 8.5j 20" s8 alloys not to far away from my location.:icon thumright:

oooo where ya found them Rob, I promise I won't go looking :sly::sm4:
These came today I think bargain of the year £53
20190824 142204

Last edited:
Reactions: AvantMike, Metalsmurf and Sam1989
Was this part of a kit or did you buy them one their own?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just a generic toyosports kit mate, I fabricated my own mounts and will be selling them
75452806d16dda45fca5e83bcb5bed51.jpg

Reactions: Pedrödelabongo and i3oricua
My motah is currently up in the air on my lift with the front bumper off to remove the headlights for new Zenon bulbs to go in. The old ones are driving me mad as they flicker & cut out whilst driving.........

53 for both? Where did you find that gem?! They sell for nearly double that individually :tearsofjoy: your right bargain of the year there!

Ebay I was watching from when they first put them up, in the end two of use bid and knocking how much they normally go far made my bid last minute and BAM :sm4:

Reactions: Sam1989
In the process of cleaning and replacing both rear door cards...a tad warm outside in the sun though.

2 questions for you fine gents.

What's this that's been unplugged on my car? Location is passenger side panel by the glove box, where the fuse panel would be if it was the driver side.

Also can I drop to 17" wheels for winter with 320mm front brakes?

Unplugged