What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Had it’s mot and passed. Done a mighty 3000 miles since it’s last one so glad it went through okay, probably had about a pound a mile spent it haha:yahoo:

Reactions: Rob Avant and AvantMike
Nice job Rob, have you discovered an annoying rattle from the changer yet? Mines a nightmare!

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Nice job Rob, have you discovered an annoying rattle from the changer yet? Mines a nightmare!
Solved with a mini stir stick from Starbucks (other coffee outlets apply)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

when you say rattle , as in when playing discs or just a general rattle as if loose.
Mines been so quiet I had to look in the glove box to make sure it was working, well wheni had no discs in it playing .
Also very difficult to here much else when I've got whitesnake playing at a decent volume level.:rock::icon thumright:

Reactions: Sidrick and AvantAlexB7
when you say rattle , as in when playing discs or just a general rattle as if loose.
Mines been so quiet I had to look in the glove box to make sure it was working, well wheni had no discs in it playing .
Also very difficult to here much else when I've got whitesnake playing at a decent volume level.:rock::icon thumright:

No just a loose fitting rattle, especially when at certain revs, its the only trim rattle i have and its getting tedious now!

I drove over a stick in the road the other day, or should i say a log. Lodged itself in the undertray an appears to have broken the rear edge loose. Ill pop it on the ramp next week and have a nosey. The joys of having a lowered car!

No just a loose fitting rattle, especially when at certain revs, its the only trim rattle i have and its getting tedious now!

have you tried a small bit of blue tack , works wonders for stopping irritating trim and trim plate rattles

It may be old kit now but works very well, I rather like the media player control aswell.:yes:

Reactions: AvantAlexB7
Well sun was out so seemed like an ideal opportunity to replace all 4 alloy spigot rings with high impact plastic ones, I've not been happy with the alloy ones to be honest so off they came.
Whilst front wheel were off time to swap over the 5mm spacers for the 8mm jobbies, as expected they did not fit flush ( no surprises there then) so out with the 4" grinder and carefully removed 2mm of each side, just enough .
Hopefully that may stop the minor vibration that's occurred after fitting the non hub-centric 5mm item.

off to my local takeaway now for some easy Friday evening munchies.:icon thumright:

Reactions: AvantAlexB7
All Change, vibrations problem solved but front now looks like a tonka toy on ET29 :shrug:, rears are on ET27, so tomorrow all coming off and just putting 8mm on the rear so et29 and no spacing on front so et37.

oh deary , deary me....

Reactions: AvantMike
All Change, vibrations problem solved but front now looks like a tonka toy on ET29 :shrug:, rears are on ET27, so tomorrow all coming off and just putting 8mm on the rear so et29 and no spacing on front so et37.

oh deary , deary me....
Would love to see a picture or two of your rear set up mate, we got the same size wheel and tyre if you still got the 19”s on that is, and my fronts are almost flush on et35 i wouldn't go further without a stretched tyre, my rears are also on et35 and look like crap! It looks like its been missing leg day at the gym looks well skinny from behind, I'm tempted with the 8mm rear so will pit it down to et27 so will be nice seeing your set up before buying any :)

oh deary , deary me....
I wonder with all these side projects when you will have time to engineer the new PCV delete solution?

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sidrick
I wonder with all these side projects when you will have time to engineer the new PCV delete solution?

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk
already nearing completion.:yes:, I'm a busy bee .

Reactions: Donfero
Today I've done nothing to the car but in return the sun has decided that my body wants to be the same colour as my car.

Would love to see a picture or two of your rear set up mate, we got the same size wheel and tyre if you still got the 19”s on that is, and my fronts are almost flush on et35 i wouldn't go further without a stretched tyre, my rears are also on et35 and look like ****! It looks like its been missing leg day at the gym looks well skinny from behind, I'm tempted with the 8mm rear so will pit it down to et27 so will be nice seeing your set up before buying any :)

Will take some tomorrow Ricky as not had a chance to do anything old bus orientated today, spent all afternoon replacing the glass on my iPhone 5 , those pesky screws are so small I lost one on my desk , spent an hour looking for it...arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Will take some tomorrow Ricky as not had a chance to do anything old bus orientated today, spent all afternoon replacing the glass on my iPhone 5 , those pesky screws are so small I lost one on my desk , spent an hour looking for it...arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Thanks mate, ahh yeah iphone screens! Ive done a few of them you need little fingers, patience and amazing eyes.

And I have none of those anymore ..lol, hence why it took me all afternoon but all done now, and it works:yahoo:.

F64A6C47 C731 4ED1 9374 B7B8D0A48C74
Adjusted the rear camber so I no longer have and rubbing and large dips in the road now. And replaced the s4 badge with a black one instead of chrome. Got a little bit of lacquer peel on the rear arch and rear of the side skirt so will try and fix that while the weather is good. Always something!

Reactions: Pedrödelabongo
View attachment 185880 Adjusted the rear camber so I no longer have and rubbing and large dips in the road now. And replaced the s4 badge with a black one instead of chrome. Got a little bit of lacquer peel on the rear arch and rear of the side skirt so will try and fix that while the weather is good. Always something!
Looks nice mate, love the black accents it always improves the look of the cara body colour imo even if you have got the awesome blue to begin with :) or red in my case ha

Reactions: Sam1989
Yeah I prefer the black over the chrome. Yeah I always think how smart the black looks on red. Especially black wheels on red. On mine it’s the rare occasion photo does justice. My paintwork is in need of tlc :shrug: unlike yours which looks awesome haha !

Reactions: Ricky Burrows
Yeah I prefer the black over the chrome. Yeah I always think how smart the black looks on red. Especially black wheels on red. On mine it’s the rare occasion photo does justice. My paintwork is in need of tlc :shrug: unlike yours which looks awesome haha !
Yeah I’ve always been a fan of black i think chrome belongs on american cars saying that though i do really like the brushed aluminium on your mirrors.

Thanks i did repaint it not to long ago so now I'm paranoid about everything its like a 5th child that cost more to look after lol.

Reactions: Sam1989
spent 30 mins removing all the alloys and resetting the offsets and spacers.
Nothing on the fronts now , just 8.5j ET43 so in real terms poke is now ET37 , and the rears are still 8.5j ET43 but with 8mm spacer so approx. ET29.

looks better and don't have that dreaded tractor looking front end, no vibes either now.

Passed the yearly grief last Friday... I think my garage takes joy in putting ‘oil leak’ as my only advisory each time. It’s a 12 year old car, it has a bit of oil here and there!
As a treat I’ve booked the old wagon in for a custom mapping session on the rollers.

Reactions: AvantMike, Sam1989 and Charlie Farley
Passed the yearly grief last Friday... I think my garage takes joy in putting ‘oil leak’ as my only advisory each time. It’s a 12 year old car, it has a bit of oil here and there!
As a treat I’ve booked the old wagon in for a custom mapping session on the rollers.

Just add an old rag then and you have the full oily rag wipedown as per our old buses..:haha::icon thumright:

Reactions: Rob Avant
Brilliant!
I've got a while yet on mine but *hopefully* it'll be good.
Tax is a killer at the moment, pay more for that than insurance!

Something wrong..

I'm 45

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Whats the road tax on your bus then mike, cant be more than £500 surely.

Brilliant!
I've got a while yet on mine but *hopefully* it'll be good.
Tax is a killer at the moment, pay more for that than insurance!

Something wrong..

I'm 45

I know the feeling... my insurance is only a bit more than the tax.

Can't remember how much the road tax is now but the ins is most certainly less , not by much though.

I pay about 30 quid total for both tax and insurance per month.
Work that one out lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

£560 or £580 this year Rob...
It's discustng, only do about 6k a year.
Insurance 400 after I put my younger sister on it..

Aaargh..

Mike

That's a lot given your minimal usage, still worth it for the great car it is Mike.

Haha, I have doubts now n again.
I've put a lot into it so, I think, I'll lock it away if I can't afford to run it :)

Mike