What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

I upgraded to LED interior light bulbs yesterday. Bought a complete interior kit from ebay in xenon white for the grand price of £18. A nice practical upgrade and looks great against the black headlining/interior, nice and modern. The "dog sh*t lights" (puddle lights) are loads brighter too.

Reactions: Charlie Farley, LloydB7 and Ricky Burrows
I upgraded to LED interior light bulbs yesterday. Bought a complete interior kit from ebay in xenon white for the grand price of £18. A nice practical upgrade and looks great against the black headlining/interior, nice and modern. The "dog sh*t lights" (puddle lights) are loads brighter too.

I keep meaning to buy these im glad they look as good as you hoped could you send me the link please? Id rather buy the same ones as you if your happy with them

Which ones did you go for? I was looking at some of the kits but was so many and didn’t want to start throwing money at shoddy ones haha

I keep meaning to buy these im glad they look as good as you hoped could you send me the link please? Id rather buy the same ones as you if your happy with them

Ive had to contact the seller as it seems a couple of bulbs have a slight blue tinge that doesn't match the others, but that is being resolved. Other than that works and looks spot on, more class than chav in my opinion.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/162125084359

Reactions: Ricky Burrows and Sam1989
Which ones did you go for? I was looking at some of the kits but was so many and didn’t want to start throwing money at shoddy ones haha
Check out my reply to Ricky, time will tell how good the long term quality is.

Reactions: Sam1989

any pics Alex.

D32873D3 B5A5 4413 9270 9674AC300156
Just gave it a polish

And had a bad time with Halfords

Tbh glad I did now worked out cheaper
Long story short
I picked out a head unit they had it in stock they took two weeks to order a fitting kit and then took my payment saying would arrive in three days, after two week waiting and then told it was out of stock with supplier I have to wait another week I went for full refund

I was going to pay halfords £50 fitting fee
As well as buy a £98 fitting kit off them as well as a reverse camera and dab antenna as well as the head unit itself the cost was around £450 all In..

So ordered the lot from eBay myself

Reverse camera
DAB antenna
Head unit
Fitting kit and facia

and also found the same head unit I wanted but the upgraded version for same price I was going to pay from halfords on eBay They all arrive Monday And will return to halford to pay the 50pounds fitting fee

Guess it’s just cheaper to source the stuff myself and quicker

Can’t wait to have it all fitted in

Reactions: AvantMike
well done chap.
you may already be aware but just in case, don't forget you will only get track search and volume control from the MFSW now no other wheel control will function due to non oem head unit.

good luck chap.

Reactions: AvantMike
Did a quick air & fuel filter change last night (first time I've done it myself - thank you youtube videos!) hoping that the fuel filter will solve part of the power loss issue & the air filter will stop her making a sucking noise under acceleration.

Attachments

• Filters.jpg
    Filters.jpg
    381.7 KB · Views: 156
So whilst waiting for my new Airbag to arrive (or even order actually) a friend said he had a set of the silver trimmed MFSW controls. So I thought a simple swap and they would give some contrast.

Had to strip them down and swap all the internals from one set to the next as the silver trimmed ones didn’t have the plugs for the paddles.

All done and gives a nice OEM+ look to it

That does. indeed, look nice, might have to try that myself!

Reactions: LloydB7
Last week, I finally got round to doing something about the broken grille (my RS4ish themed concoction) which was giving the old bus a down at heel appearance.

Made Broken Mended

Also need to replace the torn Lip spoiler..........

Reactions: DieselJake and Charlie Farley
looks way better with the RS4 ish, grille, now don't mess around chap, get it fixed and refitted.
:icon thumright:

Cheers Rob. I have been having difficulty finding a glue that will hold properly - the mesh I used appears to have too high a silicone content for glues to fully adhere.
However, I have a cunning plan that involves Lacing cord as well as glue that may work........ :rapture:

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Cheers Rob. I have been having difficulty finding a glue that will hold properly - the mesh I used appears to have too high a silicone content for glues to fully adhere.
However, I have a cunning plan that involves Lacing cord as well as glue that may work........ :rapture:

Ah yes a cunning plan:yes:, I love a good old cunning plan but they rarely work when I want them too, allways worth a go though.:thumbs up:

and also found the same head unit I wanted but the upgraded version for same price I was going to pay from halfords on eBay They all arrive Monday And will return to halford to pay the 50pounds fitting fee

Guess it’s just cheaper to source the stuff myself and quicker

Can’t wait to have it all fitted in
Have you check to see if they’ll fit kit they haven’t supplied? I’d be surprised if they would.

Have you check to see if they’ll fit kit they haven’t supplied? I’d be surprised if they would.
I was told by a staff member that they fit equipment not bought from store for a charge I presumed it would be the £50 fitting fee they have I need to check tbh

Reactions: LawrenceH
Hi Ant - I used to fix car stereos (and fit them) for a living and I'd be VERY surprised if they only want £50.00 to fit a non standard system into an Audi as it is NOT a 5 minute job! Having fitted a Pioneer double Din sat nav unit into my own one, it took quite a few hours sorting out the wiring/adaptors and facia parts to get it all in & working properly (including steering wheel controls). They are probably only going to charge the £50 if you have bought the kit from them (like you did) as a nice fat profit for them was already built into the kit you ordered. They might possibly even refuse to fit items bought elsewhere as they won't make enough of a profit on it. Maybe I sound pessimistic but, at the end of the day, they are ONLY interested in making a profit from you.

Hi Ant - I used to fix car stereos (and fit them) for a living and I'd be VERY surprised if they only want £50.00 to fit a non standard system into an Audi as it is NOT a 5 minute job! Having fitted a Pioneer double Din sat nav unit into my own one, it took quite a few hours sorting out the wiring/adaptors and facia parts to get it all in & working properly (including steering wheel controls). They are probably only going to charge the £50 if you have bought the kit from them (like you did) as a nice fat profit for them was already built into the kit you ordered. They might possibly even refuse to fit items bought elsewhere as they won't make enough of a profit on it. Maybe I sound pessimistic but, at the end of the day, they are ONLY interested in making a profit from you.

Ok thanks for the heads up I’ll possibly have to speak to a local auto electrician or maybe ask my dads friend for help

If it comes down to it I have found a 45min instructional video on YouTube but yeah il look into it thanks

Squeezed the car into the garage for some work this weekend. Oil change being the priority but if I had time then ARB links, and if I was feeling adventurous, the HPFP.

This is the first work I've done on the car beyond coils, plugs and air filter since buying it a few months ago so pulled off a wheel to give better access below and have a general look around. The good news is that for a car in the North of Scotland, it seems really solid underneath, plenty meat on the discs and pads and the suspension joints are all good. I knew the car had led a pampered life in its early years but its lack of history, or worse, kiwk-fit history of late meant I knew I'd have some work to do.

Que me bouncing on the end of a 3ft breaker just to get the wheel bolts out. Likewise, I had to buy the 36mm socket for the oil filter housing as it was put on by Thor himself too /facepalm. I put in about twice as much as came out (and I'd left it with the sump plug out overnight as I awaited the 36mm) so was curious as to when you get a low oil light with these. It's noticeably quieter at the top end as well.
Car5

Reactions: AvantMike, boffin486 and Charlie Farley
sounds like a plan:icon thumright:

Managed to get darkish pic showing off the LED lights, the 2 main bulbs in the front dome light make the biggest difference, in think because of the incorrect bulbs the seller supplied
IMG 20190525 24172

IMG 20190525 53603

Reactions: Sam1989 and Charlie Farley
Well i didn't do much to my Avant today just a well needed clean inside and out, leather cleaned an all. Misano red and the anthracite of the wheels are a fantastic combo until it gets filthy.
IMG 20190525 1221

IMG 20190525 18842

IMG 20190525 27604

Reactions: AvantMike, LloydB7, Charlie Farley and 1 other person
looks very nice.

You can nip down an do my old bus next.:icon thumright:

Reactions: AvantAlexB7
Changed my air filter as it's been 2 years, the old one looked brand new!

I don't know if A4's are just really good at not hoovering up crap but it was mint.

air con pump/dryer/condensor plus power steering cooler and fresh fluid as what was in there was brown

Attachments

• 2019-05-28 20.41.52.jpg
    2019-05-28 20.41.52.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 191
  • 2019-05-28 20.39.14.jpg
    2019-05-28 20.39.14.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 165
Reactions: Charlie Farley
air con pump/dryer/condensor plus power steering cooler and fresh fluid as what was in there was brown
someones been a busy bee today, well done that man.:icon thumright: just in time for the weekend heat wave.

Ye just got to get it regassed now, hopefully friday. Had planned for fitting new SMIC but the rain came.

561ACBAD 3A0B 41AF A360 0E06EA270FDA
BA733510 F055 4F7D A633 A05374E1EAD0
D44EC7C1 00BD 4618 93F2 C7591DFC41FD
New lights arrived this morning so while it stopped raining after work decided I’d get them in and try them out!

Reactions: Pedrödelabongo, avant_karl, JohnVZ and 4 others
New Brembo front discs and pads (was gonna fit rears too, but rain's stopped play).
I think Mr. Bodge aka Heath Robinson last had a fiddle with them as the discs are totally knackered whereas the pads have a helluva lot of life left in them and that tape bodge - classic! View attachment 183763

Attachments

• IMG_20190601_110946_resized_20190601_013249033.jpg
    IMG_20190601_110946_resized_20190601_013249033.jpg
    313.6 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_20190601_125827_resized_20190601_013217625.jpg
    IMG_20190601_125827_resized_20190601_013217625.jpg
    394.4 KB · Views: 167
Turns out some pressure washer attachments are REALLY good at removing Audi paint.... *sigh - reaches for wet and dry paper....*

Reactions: Sam1989 and AvantAlexB7
Turns out some pressure washer attachments are REALLY good at removing Audi paint.... *sigh - reaches for wet and dry paper....*

It wasn't the patio blaster one was it?
I did half my car using one of those before i tested its power on my fingers to check it wasn't to aggressive. Safe to say i wont be using that attachment anymore!

Reactions: Ricky Burrows and AvantMike
Well ive finally got my auto lights/wipers, CH/LH functions retrofit finished with the help of another member of ASN, so a huge thanks to him as ive been pulling my hair out with this job for months!

Theres just the mirror to get dimming now which could just be related to weather conditions.

All in all a stirling afternoons work

Alex

Reactions: Alpinachris, Sam1989 and AvantMike
It wasn't the patio blaster one was it?
I did half my car using one of those before i tested its power on my fingers to check it wasn't to aggressive. Safe to say i wont be using that attachment anymore!
Yep... little one says... daddy can we try that one... who am I to resist a four year old.

Well ive finally got my auto lights/wipers, CH/LH functions retrofit finished with the help of another member of ASN, so a huge thanks to him as ive been pulling my hair out with this job for months!

Theres just the mirror to get dimming now which could just be related to weather conditions.

All in all a stirling afternoons work

Alex

I’d love to do that upgrade... but the hassle is putting me off, how many hours do you recon you’ve put into it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d love to do that upgrade... but the hassle is putting me off, how many hours do you recon you’ve put into it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot more than i should have, but in hindsight, now its down, theres probably an afternoons work involved if you know exactly whats what.