What have you done to your A4 b6 today?

Car is now fully running new turbo new clutch new flywheel new driveshafts. Next on the agenda bigger turbo. Is a pd130 mapped stage 1 what are people recommending

Reactions: ven
Car is now fully running new turbo new clutch new flywheel new driveshafts. Next on the agenda bigger turbo. Is a pd130 mapped stage 1 what are people recommending

How come you didn’t fit the bigger turbo to start with? Just curious unless you needed a quick fix kind of thing.

How come you didn’t fit the bigger turbo to start with? Just curious unless you needed a quick fix kind of thing.
Quick fix to get morher in law back and forth from the hospital the truck and a 3 door s3 were just not practical.also funds at the time were very tight

I wish you the best and sorry to hear of your troubles . Hope for a speedy recovery for the mother in law . Stay safe and take care in these testing times.

Reactions: Asim1
Well could not resist .......some 10L of fresh oil ordered, decided this time on millers nano 5/40. As mentioned previous, not been that impressed with pro S. If in time for weekend and its not raining or too cold, will get done then(another oil filt and crush washer to). Regardless this oil is staying in a bit longer !! haha

Filter arrived today, not raining, not that cold...........be rude not to! So in went 9.5L exact of millers nano. The usual clatter on start up, but already seems quieter than the pro S. I will report back after a week or so of cold starts . Fingers crossed i will be happier with this oil than the S.

What have i done.............

After pondering for some time, decided and ordered a maxton front splitter! Oh dear.......how old am i . See how i get on, either this sat or weekend after will go on. 50/50 on the side skirts. Obviously dont want it "need for speed" , but do kind of like the looks. It is a boring car to look at, especially the front end. So hopefully add a little to it. Will post some pics when its on.

Oh and for a change, washed it! Leather treated to.

Splitter is here! Job for tomorrow all being well
mb5r6Yjl.jpg

mb5r6Yj

Well its on, still getting use to it, but i think it looks a little better now.
yvRyb5gl.jpg

Opinions welcome, pondering side skirts and rears now, but also dont want too much going on. I like the understated look, just the front end was a little too boring(subjective i know).

Well its on, still getting use to it, but i think it looks a little better now.
yvRyb5gl.jpg

Opinions welcome, pondering side skirts and rears now, but also dont want too much going on. I like the understated look, just the front end was a little too boring(subjective i know).
Looks awesome lad. Show us a side view of the car to see how low it is in comparison to the side skirts.

Looks awesome lad. Show us a side view of the car to see how low it is in comparison to the side skirts.

Cheers, im still getting use to it to be honest. Its slowly growing on me, still unsure with side skirts and held off so far. I need to see a silver car with the black skirts ideally. If i had a black s4, they would already be on!

Will get a pic later when home and day light, does not lower too much, it just brings forward the lower part of the bumper. Its cleared all the speed bumps so far anyway. It is sat on standard bilstein suspension however and no plans to change this anytime soon(state of the roads).

As it was dry, be rude not to snow foam it. Thought i will try out the new TW graphene flex, impressed again!. Nice deep shine. Decided to apply dry(can apply wet or dry). After rinsing, towel dry , then couple of squirts per panel. Used a meguiars applicator pad to spread around panel. Then micro fibre to buff off. Around 15 minutes to do all, inc rims.
BjSE5ggl.jpg

A recommend for a mere £30, should last 1-2yrs easily.
6wyOe8Il.jpg

larGvFAl.jpg

0yrymcMl.jpg

Set about doing my rear ABS sensors today till I realised I didn't have all the parts so set about having a poke about and inspecting things. Looks like the car was sat in a field at one point because some parts look like they were sunk with the titanic.. Anyway, I got some photos and wanted to know the opinions if this is something to worry about and needs addressing ASAP. Around the rear subframe mounts/bushes I found some corrosion, gave it some good pokes with a screwdriver and feels solid.

Advice on preventing it from going any further or is it too far gone to be saved?

If its solid, cleanup wire brush and seal up with a good rust resist spray or paint.

Little busy with my s4, coolant leak, very slight and weirdly intermittent. Long story short, the coolant sensor 1/2 way down back of engine, the crappy clip wasnt seated perfect, sorted. Pressure tested to make sure, revealed a hair line crack in coolant tank!. Not uncommon, so if yours is original, for £46 from TPS, might be worth a thought.

p9mfzK3l.jpg

New
xin6u4Yl.jpg

M1AWPJrl.jpg

YsHJvTMl.mp4

Good as new, also makes it look much tidier without the dull aged tank.

There is more(not sure how to load a vid from iphone to make much easier than describing)
New tank old cap felt sloppy. Ring up, order new cap £13, pick up day after.
DNKWj7Ol.jpg

Try on new exp bottle, sloppy! By that, once tightened up and you get that satisfying lock/click, you can move the cap easily side to side. Very poor imho and not impressed. It holds pressure as thats the centre, threads dont come into contact with coolant(if they did you are overheating). So centre still seals, no loss of coolant, no pressure lost(until undone 1.5 ish turns)
Not sure if will work but demonstrates issue

Thats 2 attempts to show video, apologies if not worked
So long call later, today i nipped TPS again! Tried a new ordered bottle and its a tad better, like a little bit. Not worth bothering with, also said warranty would be difficult simply down to it still being functional(which i get). But for a genuine part, its pi55 poor . So if any b6/7 ends up with a new bottle, check before fitting(ideally at the desk) if order genuine over counter.
Too add yes proved exp bottle is poor spec, tried new and old caps on old bottle and both have no slop when tight. Both new / old caps have slop on new bottle.

nothing today yet, if it's still dry when i get home, i'm gonna have a shot at replacing the window regulator as a cable snapped :(

Bought a new bonnet, some painted side sills from another member,finished painting my door blades,new front bumper lower, new spot lamps and some new bulbs from trups.

Finally got a tow bar fitted..
S4 bumper, no problem..
Detachable, fully integrated to the system
Westfalia

Yes the car is a bit dirty

bfbae01a7e50d756d98e0824fa976e76.jpg