What have you done to your A4 b6 today?

Good clean
1cc9542f69510f3c51d0cd26fbb320eb.jpg
9825038958003aa9d4006e4550a3dc45.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Wahlstrom and DieselJake
Got the discs skimmed today.. and fitted new Ferodo pads...
The discs got sanded, painted and skimmed..
I gave them some silver paint on top to match...

7045eef25f158939645382ddcc8abd1f.jpg

Hope it has fixed the brake judder

Reactions: DrStrange and DieselJake
Soooo nice again.. no judder at all when braking.. damn a nice feeling...

Reactions: DrStrange
Yesterday I changed the oil and filter on my 1.8 t. I used the 2.4 transporter filter and Castrol Edge FST 5W30. Sounds as sweet as a nut considering it's almost at 160,000 miles now.
IMG 20180510 WA0002

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Yesterday I changed the oil and filter on my 1.8 t. I used the 2.4 transporter filter and Castrol Edge FST 5W30. Sounds as sweet as a nut considering it's almost at 160,000 miles now.

View attachment 155241

I almost forgot, I also changed the crank angle sensor while the filter was off as there's much better access then.

Finally I got all four summer tires, so went out and got them fitted.. 235/35-19 Falken FK510.. already promising...
There’s just enough room for them...

Wheels are 8.5x19” ET48

7bf5339cd9db22492a32dbb4805e9334.jpg
d56cb63157853c5e5db2b68f5acd1d6f.jpg

Reactions: DrStrange and Jonni3
Regarding spacers.. I have a set of HR spacers 5mm.
But then the wheels aren’t centered..

There’s a lip inside the wheel where it sits flush with the hub.. but the 5mm spacer is enough to make it loose grip on the hub.

I was thinking about getting some 15mm hubcentric spacers and bolts...
Making the ET go from 48 to 33

But will the spacers fit when the hub pops out this far??

627282228b34a19bd870e014c5746443.jpg

I’m running the same wheels with 15mm and 20mm spacers, no issues using hubcentric spacers, I did swap to a stud conversion to make getting the wheels on and off much easier!

I’m running the same wheels with 15mm and 20mm spacers, no issues using hubcentric spacers, I did swap to a stud conversion to make getting the wheels on and off much easier!
Interested to hear about the stud conversion of you still have details of them?

Bought them from MTECH via eBay. Studs use a 5mm Allen head to wind into the hub, I used loctite blue to secure them as red is too heavy duty. Can be ordered in a number of lengths to suit your wheels/spacers.

Reactions: mattyboyc, Wahlstrom and QuattroCalum
Bought them from MTECH via eBay. Studs use a 5mm Allen head to wind into the hub, I used loctite blue to secure them as red is too heavy duty. Can be ordered in a number of lengths to suit your wheels/spacers.

Do you have a pic of that setup?

My car is my daily but over the weekend was absolutely ripping it with my bro in his MR2 turbo.

Very surprised to know my car was not lagging much behind. Considering he's 240bhp @ 1200kg and im around 240bhp at 1600kg + !!

Found these badboys on gum for £90. Flew like a banshee to collect them !

IMG 20180508 WA0001

IMG 20180508 WA0003

IMAG0106

Reactions: DrStrange, Northampton_ofn and DieselJake
Regarding spacers.. I have a set of HR spacers 5mm.
But then the wheels aren’t centered..

There’s a lip inside the wheel where it sits flush with the hub.. but the 5mm spacer is enough to make it loose grip on the hub.

I was thinking about getting some 15mm hubcentric spacers and bolts...
Making the ET go from 48 to 33

But will the spacers fit when the hub pops out this far??

627282228b34a19bd870e014c5746443.jpg

I've got th H&R 15mm spacers up front and my only issue is more understeer/quattro traction issues. Clearance is fine.

20180730 191026
Brake tidy up, fitted powdercoated guards, polished star bolts and anti rattle clips whilst off the car. Also gave all the painted surfaces a couple of coats of turtle wax

- Dash trim removed to be painted or wrapped, haven’t decided yet.

- Hanbrake cover sent off to be retrimmed in perforated leather to match the steering wheel.

- Lower dash removed to replace heater matrix.

- Ordered Black Forest industry gear knob to match the wheel and hand brake. Looking at a replacement gear gaiter.

- Hoping my 19” S5 peelers will arrive this week.

- Halfway through fitting Alpine double DIN headunit and replacing speakers and subs.

Currently looks like a mess :blush:

D01DFBB6 DC4B 4342 B3A9 9E36725490A6

Reactions: DrStrange and DieselJake
- Dash trim removed to be painted or wrapped, haven’t decided yet.

- Hanbrake cover sent off to be retrimmed in perforated leather to match the steering wheel.

- Lower dash removed to replace heater matrix.

- Ordered Black Forest industry gear knob to match the wheel and hand brake. Looking at a replacement gear gaiter.

- Hoping my 19” S5 peelers will arrive this week.

- Halfway through fitting Alpine double DIN headunit and replacing speakers and subs.

Currently looks like a mess :blush:

View attachment 165245

NICE work mate! Looking forward to the finished article. Or close haha (Mods never stop) :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: winterrB6
[photo=medium]8226[/photo][photo=medium]8226[/photo]Wow I have had a busy couple of months, have updated front and rear discs and pads new Led front headlights full service new side mount inter cooler, completely changed the front end look sprayed wing mirror covers roof bars plus blinged up calipers and rear brake covers. Egr delete updated air intake and stuff I can’t even remember and new front seats with under seat storage and netting in the backs. [photo=medium]8226[/photo] before and after pics, just to add not everyone will like what I’ve done but I’m not finished yet either

NICE work mate! Looking forward to the finished article. Or close haha (Mods never stop) :tearsofjoy:

Haha you know it bud! Alway something that can be better or changed :whistle2: will get pics up soon as possible!

Has any got any experience fitting Corbeau club sport bucket seats in to a B6?

Haha you know it bud! Alway something that can be better or changed :whistle2: will get pics up soon as possible!

Has any got any experience fitting Corbeau club sport bucket seats in to a B6?
Just check the seat rails is literally 4 bolts and the electrics if your seats have lumber support fella

R8 expansion bottle cap, EGR delete and Ram air intake which is being replaced for a mahoooooosive one COMING SOON

Attachments

• 87562299-BB2B-4C8C-B51A-66A3C86055F7.jpeg
    87562299-BB2B-4C8C-B51A-66A3C86055F7.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 181
Just check the seat rails is literally 4 bolts and the electrics if your seats have lumber support fella

Not being funny but have you swapped your seats to say it "is literally 4 bolts"?

Just a few bolts to take them out, yes, then it's adaption for the new seats to work with the old runners (unless an adapter is already present/they are made for the car) or a plate made up or do them directly into the floor but I don't really trust that, then you also need a resistor for the electrics else it'll throw an airbag light.

Not saying it's tricky but does require swear words at each stage.

Not being funny but have you swapped your seats to say "it's just 4 bolts"?

Just a few bolts to take them out, yes, then it's adaption for the new seats to work with the old runners (unless an adapter is already present/they are made for the car) or a plate made up or do them directly into the floor but I don't really trust that, then you also need a resistor for the electrics else it'll throw an airbag light.

Not saying it's tricky but does require swear words at each stage.
Easy fella just speaking from having changed my seats today, you are right you do need adapters if you cannot salvage the old ones if you’ve not ever changed seats. just thought that if the seats in question where brought for a b6 avant or none saloon one would have expected them to come with ancillaries and the correct seat runners if that is the case then 4 bolts plus the 2 connectors for the elecs and air bag.

Also recently had a stage 3 race clutch fitted, drivetorque stage 3 is really good once worn in have done 524 miles since fitted seems to of bedded in now and goes like a stabbed rat off the line. Nice through the gears and surprisingly easy use when parking heard a lot of horror story’s about parking but each car is different and luckily mine has adapted well

just speaking from having changed my seats today

Looking back that was a bit of a silly question as you posted that you had a few posts ago :playful: 'tis allot easier Audi to Audi though.

Just encase anyone was interested our bolts also line up with a number of other Audi's, Vauxhall Corsa C/D's (think VXR not the rubbish eco ones haha) and probably more, just got to watch with ones that have any electronics. Mine are RS6 replica seats which I may chuck at some point as I'm not satisfied with the quality and also don't want seats that fold as I feel like if I crashed they may snap which would not be fun, definitely best only swapping once to what you definitely want in the car.

Looking back that was a bit of a silly question as you posted that you had a few posts ago :playful: 'tis allot easier Audi to Audi though.

Just encase anyone was interested our bolts also line up with a number of other Audi's, Vauxhall Corsa C/D's (think VXR not the rubbish eco ones haha) and probably more, just got to watch with ones that have any electronics. Mine are RS6 replica seats which I may chuck at some point as I'm not satisfied with the quality and also don't want seats that fold as I feel like if I crashed they may snap which would not be fun, definitely best only swapping once to what you definitely want in the car.
I would be interested in your seats if they would fit my avant b6 fella, that’s if you seriously don’t want them. Just to get a ball point figure what did they cost you as only paid £40 for the seats I fitted today just wanted to change as my ones were tired and needing changing.

They would fit with the plate but I'd keep that to bolt other seats to it and probably chuck the seats I've got in the bin, I mean your welcome to the seats free if or when they go but like I say they're not all that. If you want buckets it might be best keeping your old seat runners and seeing what you fancy.

No problem fella, just thought I’d ask the question. Have wanted some nice seats for a while but always have to throw money at other things the Audi needs and some things it doesn’t but has mostly been things to keep it running and serviced.

P1 1
[ATTACH = full] 165568 [/ ATTACH]

Reactions: winterrB6