What have you done to your A4 b6 today?

Is your car diesel or petrol?
And where you got it from?
Trying to do the supporting mods for a map.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Oh its a petrol 1.8T Quattro.

I got it from Mishimoto.com direct. Only £118 delivered!

This is my last mod before getting my car mapped as I have all stage 2 mods now. Will get a guy to do the custom pipe work.

Let us know if you need help with supporting mods for when you map yours..

Reactions: SemedoB6
Well chuffed just sorted my key and repaired it to the car with a new battery to replace the "new" battery I put in. Checked the older battery with a multimeter and was only making 2.8 volts.

Also I have a constant tone on reverse which I've insolated to one sensor not clicking - need to get VCDS on to check nothing else at play but new £12.50 sensor soon to be on order.
All 4 sensors have seen better days tbh and show some corrosion so I'll clean the other 3 and respray them.

Reactions: DrStrange
Finally finished my key fob project.
Soo much better looking
e1e9485ee9f03fb689ec6cf37dad45b6.jpg

6a0190a805dad27d8ae8c91e1f51af7f.jpg

4d72d48a03ff1311935a8e8210fcbff8.jpg

Reactions: DrStrange and LayerzA3
Funny you posted that! Just been thinking about this What does that involve?

A key with blank blade, get it cut, and move the immo chip, you will have to break the key to get it out.
8E0 837 220 E, if you go for a key with suffix E you'll be good to go

Nice, how is the key shaped internally for the guts of the original?

Also just wondering how much the keys cost to get cut. Find the new shape a lot smarter.

You don't swap the internals. You find a newer key with same frequency.
Only move the immo chip..
Don't know the cost in UK.
Here in Denmark the price was ~25£ to get the blade copied

Had the rear section of my exhaust rebuilt as the old one needed new tips and was cracked, so just rebuilt the rear section.

IMG 4959

Reactions: jd26, LayerzA3 and Wahlstrom
Had the font sub frame replaced today, current one had broken welds to the strengthening bar that goes through the middle of it letting it tram line & clonk, got one off egay for £48 . New from TPS is £850 inc vat.

Decided to have a crack at something I've wanted to try for a while... half way there will carry on tomorrow trying to manually add an Aux in to my stereo.
I refuse to buy an aux in unit because I'm not that keen on the head unit and push come to shove I'll go the whole way with a better head unit.

Aside from being dusty the head unit has seen better days - if this works I'll refresh it a bit.

I've seen guides for other Symphony units I have to delve much much deeper then just the backing plate.

These are the inputs on the CD unit and I'm planning to solder to the LCH, RCH and AU.GND

I'll stick a thread up on the ICE section depending where this gets too and confirm success/purchase of a new head unit.

Reactions: QuattroCalum
Thank you, going to do the centre section next and am thinking of removing the cat, but will put my questions in a different thread.

Great Idea.

Yes definitely remove the cat..dont think, just do. I know you're probably past that stage of being heavy footed :p but the smiles per gallon go up immensely !

What you trying to say!! It's not the most powerful thing but still holds its own when it needs to. :yes:

Great Idea.

Yes definitely remove the cat..dont think, just do. I know you're probably past that stage of being heavy footed :p but the smiles per gallon go up immensely !

I haven't decatted the Audi, I tried it on my Passat 1.8t and you could tell the difference in torque straight away but I couldn't stand the fuel smell. I've port matched the exhaust manifold and opened up the hot side on the turbo, both have made worthwhile gains. I don't think the cat is the limiting factor on gas flow that everyone thinks it is. I have plans for further porting including the entry to the cat and also gutting the back boxes. Does the fuel smell bother you at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I won't put up with a diesel smell as I'm a truck driver and get that awful smell all the time so don't want it in my car aswell!! I have just spoken to the people that rebuilt the rear section and we are going to put an extra join in the pipe so I can refit the cat if no good.

Yes I won't put up with a diesel smell as I'm a truck driver and get that awful smell all the time so don't want it in my car aswell!! I have just spoken to the people that rebuilt the rear section and we are going to put an extra join in the pipe so I can refit the cat if no good.
Am I understanding this right.?
A de cat exhaust you'll feel the diesel smell inside the cabin?
Is it the same deal with a cat back exhaust?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

We have an old Iveco shunter for moving trailers around the yard at work. I'm not sure if it's running on diesel or oil with the fumes that come out of it :wtf: :scared2:

I mainly shunt now with a Terberg shunt truck that seems to go into regent mode every 10 mins, you can't see much and it nearly poisons me, still it means I have to stop for another coffee.:glee:

No joy with this - stripped this I think the points were digital channels and the rest of the board I saw didn't have anything as clear as this. Most things have L or R codes and there are tons!

When I soldered on and plugged into the car I was hoping to use a blank CD and this to play off my phone - however what happened was when plugged in the stereo cut out, unplug it and it kicked back in.

I considered then going off the magnetic tape pick up - but it has 5 wires on the ribbon and 6 solder points on the pick up itself....normally there are 2 or 3 from what I understand......

Long story short I've ordered a cassette adapter and if it's rubbish I have good 3.5 cable and jacks and an old tape deck stereo so I can build a better tape. So longer term I'll be going ground up stereo/speaker refit.

What you trying to say!! It's not the most powerful thing but still holds its own when it needs to. :yes:

I was just pulling your leg! :p

Same as mine, not really powerful being a cabby but it can go when it wants to.

Decat, as you know has made the world of difference so do gut the thing when you can or a pipe off Ebay would be even better.

Personally, I always wanted a full exhaust for max power which is why I opted for 3'' stainless steel turbo back.

Hope you do this soon and get to enjoy it during summer.

I haven't decatted the Audi, I tried it on my Passat 1.8t and you could tell the difference in torque straight away but I couldn't stand the fuel smell. I've port matched the exhaust manifold and opened up the hot side on the turbo, both have made worthwhile gains. I don't think the cat is the limiting factor on gas flow that everyone thinks it is. I have plans for further porting including the entry to the cat and also gutting the back boxes. Does the fuel smell bother you at all?

Oh gosh, the smell can be quite bad I must admit.

...and, im in a cabby dont forget so it the smell gets into the cabin VERY easily.

Having said all that, I got used to it in 2.5seconds haha. Especially now that the car just wants to take off.

Put the cab in to the body shop for a bit of a tidy up 2 weeks ago , front drivers wing was bubbling up so had a new wing fitted along with a few other bits & pieces tidied up got it back yesterday & am very pleased with the results.
Whilst it was in there I redid the carbon trim, wasn't happy with the way it turned out first time round & now it looks superb, also fitted a new gear knob & made a new gaiter as the original one looked a tad odd with the new knob.

IMG 20170629 1828301

Momo Airleather, redone carbon & d.i.y nappa leather gear gaiter

Planned on changing the wheel bearing as it has been noisy for some time..
Couldn't pull it out of the spindle, so took the entire assembly out..

Then faults appeared...

Inner side of driveshaft has gone soft and broken..
So ordered a complete driveshaft..

The upper control arms were loose so these had to be changed also..

This brings me to the hellish part of it all.. the pinch bolt..

My questions is: are the spindles interchangeable between engines?
Can I use one from an 1.8T although mine is a TDI ?

The reason is, the pinch bolt is stuck and I think I ruined it completely

Planned on changing the wheel bearing as it has been noisy for some time..
Couldn't pull it out of the spindle, so took the entire assembly out..

Then faults appeared...

Inner side of driveshaft has gone soft and broken..
So ordered a complete driveshaft..

The upper control arms were loose so these had to be changed also..

This brings me to the hellish part of it all.. the pinch bolt..

My questions is: are the spindles interchangeable between engines?
Can I use one from an 1.8T although mine is a TDI ?

The reason is, the pinch bolt is stuck and I think I ruined it completely

Quite sure the spline size on the diesel is larger than the 1.8t. You could have the hubs swapped over but it would be easier to get the right one.

Sorted my armrest catch for 99p and managed to finally resync my key!
New old stock battery I didn't realise were as bad as they were - use them in scales just other things just fine. Checked with a multimeter and 2.8 volts, swapped for a brand new one and did the key in ignition whilst pressing unlock resync and all sorted.

Quite sure the spline size on the diesel is larger than the 1.8t. You could have the hubs swapped over but it would be easier to get the right one.

The hub is being swapped, as I got a new one..

Ordered one from an B7 from the local scrappy as they had one laying.. fitted it later today, as I'm home alone with the kid
They should be the same

Fitted the B7 spindle last evening, along with new control arms left side.
Bought a control arm kit a few years ago, replaced the right side some two years ago.
Ball joint on right side is already broken

The fault just keeps adding up.

Thinking I bought the kit too cheap..

Now I've found a Meyle HD kit, thinking about replacing the entire front, even though left side is new.
But if they only last a year or so, then I'll be under the car sooner than I planned for..

Is Meyle HD a good kit? Reading about the HD vs Lemförder kit

Found a great price on a complete HD kit

Fitted the B7 spindle last evening, along with new control arms left side.
Bought a control arm kit a few years ago, replaced the right side some two years ago.
Ball joint on right side is already broken

The fault just keeps adding up.

Thinking I bought the kit too cheap..

Now I've found a Meyle HD kit, thinking about replacing the entire front, even though left side is new.
But if they only last a year or so, then I'll be under the car sooner than I planned for..

Is Meyle HD a good kit? Reading about the HD vs Lemförder kit

Found a great price on a complete HD kit

I think they're good but no personal experience and people swing one way or another with them.

Where did you find it cheap?

Today I looked at the damage from a very close shave the mrs had with a 3 car pile-up! She almost came to a stop, wheels locked up and bumped the front car..
Outcome is air con doesn't do anything but E-CON. Crash bar is bent by about 6 inches to the passenger side!
Secondary air intake hisses on first start. Probably a split pipe.
Bumper is slightly bent inwards pushing it out both sides.
Metal number plate is bent up.

Other than that, both the toddler and wife are safe and it all seems fixable..
The damage to the other car was just the rear plate light so luckily we dodged insurance claims. Chances are they would have written her off :(

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

Put the cab in to the body shop for a bit of a tidy up 2 weeks ago , front drivers wing was bubbling up so had a new wing fitted along with a few other bits & pieces tidied up got it back yesterday & am very pleased with the results.
Whilst it was in there I redid the carbon trim, wasn't happy with the way it turned out first time round & now it looks superb, also fitted a new gear knob & made a new gaiter as the original one looked a tad odd with the new knob.

View attachment 129435
Momo Airleather, redone carbon & d.i.y nappa leather gear gaiter

Awesome custom work Jonni!

I finally fitted a replacement solenoid for the boot lid on my s-line avant - an annoying niggle sorted! Thanks to those who posted the relevant show threads (not to hand right now)!