What have you done to your A4 b6 today?

Sold the Audi, hour later I get this picture sent
a710bd67a2de6543ba255b5849b9b129.jpg

What happened!

He said he had taken the mirror off to give the screen a good clean, an when he put it back on it shattered/smashed/cracked, there where no stone chips or anything on it before hand either

Haha ive done that. Tried removing one and bang the screen cracked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was a little impressed, I had the car 18month an never an issue, he manages a hour at most lol

Sorry......just looked at the pic and added a comment lol

Reactions: mattiekane
Replaced the 8 o'rings on the injectors, number 3 + 4 were leaking quite badly. When I took them off the rubber had hardened and perished a little, all good now though.

Happy to say I got this little mod done today.

Can't take the credit for it as I see another b6 owner do it I just did it my way

Any idea if you can do this with an Avant? Looks ace!

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Any idea if you can do this with an Avant? Looks ace!

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Sorry haven't replied mate just finished work yeh it can be done there are some links about

Fitted a new CHRA to my rattley turbo and did the N249 bypass, no more rattles and pulls nice! Result

Reactions: neil ratcliffe
Sorted the armrest lid on my cab,the release catch was broken & the lid was closed shut with a mastic of some type .... thanks previous owner :blink:
I managed to gently prise it open, drilled 4 6 mm holes epoxied 4 neodymium magnets in the holes, let it cure & then covered in a black felt material.

The magnets have a decent amount of bite to them & it works. Now I just need to remove the mastic type stuff ....

20160626 143907 HDR
20160626 143916 HDR
20160628 133935
20160628 134216
20160628 135230

Reactions: Icarus83 and mattmanwrx
Good work...........there are decent chinese copies on eBay as have one myself and impresessed with the quality.

Reactions: SemedoB6
Indeed as above, I didnt think of magnets. I managed to simply buy a new 'clip' then and attach to the boot lid. To open up the layered boot lid, I used a selection of culinary utensils, like a knife and fork.

..You'd think I was going to eat the thing haha

On a separate note Jonni..

We are both suffering from an ugly roof button switch.

There has got to be an alternative to replacing the switch..Im thinking like a factory plastic touch up pen to cover the tatty white.

If I find something, I'll let you know.

..Whilst in some cases its easier to replace the thing, but im just going to check to see if there is such a pen available.

On a separate note Jonni..

We are both suffering from an ugly roof button switch.

There has got to be an alternative to replacing the switch..Im thinking like a factory plastic touch up pen to cover the tatty white.

If I find something, I'll let you know.

..Whilst in some cases its easier to replace the thing, but im just going to check to see if there is such a pen available.

Looks like the switch is availble seperately lads O.E 8H0 959 727 B if that helps.

Reactions: Jonni3 and mattmanwrx
Looks like the switch is availble seperately lads O.E 8H0 959 727 B if that helps.

Thank you!

Just checked..the switch is around £20..so not the end of the world. However, im still on the hunt for a touch up pen that may not exist haha

@DrStrange @Jonni3 what year car is yours? I know the air con units and the light unit has a revision that didn't let the "plastic" to flake away. Maybe the part number is revision B that has changed that. My 54 plate doesn't have any flaking, but then again is only 60k miles so not been used compared to many.

Oh, also, I'm just jealous of you both. At least you have armrests!! I don't! One thing I think I would fit,just be very hard to get the "silver nappa leather" to match my seats.

Edit; see Dan's is 05 so newer, so would have revision B if mine did. Not sure there then. Maybe mine just wasn't used that much?

@DrStrange @Jonni3 what year car is yours? I know the air con units and the light unit has a revision that didn't let the "plastic" to flake away. Maybe the part number is revision B that has changed that. My 54 plate doesn't have any flaking, but then again is only 60k miles so not been used compared to many.

Oh, also, I'm just jealous of you both. At least you have armrests!! I don't! One thing I think I would fit,just be very hard to get the "silver nappa leather" to match my seats.

Edit; see Dan's is 05 so newer, so would have revision B if mine did. Not sure there then. Maybe mine just wasn't used that much?

Indeed Matt..my car is 05 so the last revision of the cab before they made the B7 cab. Oh thats interesting to know.

To be fair, the condition of other buttons are good, its just this one thats been fingered too many times lol. Glad yours is in good condition..its these little things that really get me.

Jeez, do you not have an armrest at all?

I don't have an armrest, and have no idea what to do with my left arm while driving lol. Even my Subaru had an armrest type thing lol.

I wanted to see why I didn't have an armrest. I have all electrics seats (forward back up down and headrest) with the lumbar support, don't know if that has anything to do with it.

I really do need an armrest though. I know a company which can fit a, they say, genuine one. But is expensive.

I did think of ordering the catch from ebay but didn't think the quality would be that great.

Thanks for the roof switch part number, I'll be getting one of them as mine is looking tatty.
My next fix is going to be the glove box hinge, have a idea forming of a permanent fix for this .....

I don't have an armrest, and have no idea what to do with my left arm while driving lol. Even my Subaru had an armrest type thing lol.

I wanted to see why I didn't have an armrest. I have all electrics seats (forward back up down and headrest) with the lumbar support, don't know if that has anything to do with it.

I really do need an armrest though. I know a company which can fit a, they say, genuine one. But is expensive.

Lol! The left arm just flops naturally onto the handbrake where it would permanently rest.

Upon doing some google searches...cant believe how some S4 Cabby owners have armrests and some simply do not! What a stupid idea not to have them in EVERY A4 let alone a top spec S4 cabby.

Yes as with everything Audi, I can imagine it being expensive. Still worth doing as it completes the 'cockpit' :)

Lol! The left arm just flops naturally onto the handbrake where it would permanently rest.

Upon doing some google searches...cant believe how some S4 Cabby owners have armrests and some simply do not! What a stupid idea not to have them in EVERY A4 let alone a top spec S4 cabby.

Yes as with everything Audi, I can imagine it being expensive. Still worth doing as it completes the 'cockpit' :)

Thing is, and I don't know why, but according the Parker's, the s4 cabby was based on the "standard" body with no options, and then the customer added what they wanted. http://www.parkers.co.uk/audi/a4/cabriolet-2001/specs/

The s line and then sport have the added options as standard.

My s4 had the lowline steering module, where as others don't.

Guess mine didn't have the armrest added :wtf:
But yeah, I do agree, why not just add all bells and whistles and say here ya go, the most expensive model has everything!

Edit: £540 for genuine fitted armrest with leather from a 3rd party company... a lot for resting my arm lol

Well I got the old boat back from the bodyshop after having a new wing and front end respray among other bits, fitted the newly refurbished wheels and power fold mirrors:

Stood back, looked at it and decided that dark wheels are not for me.

Went out for dinner with the better half and saw this:

Collect Monday.

Reactions: DrStrange and SemedoB6
Lowered her in the front, giving her a more agressive look, and making her, in my opinion, sit just right.

EDIT:
cant seem to get the images right, how do i upload them so they look like the other pics on this site? new to this hole forum thing.
[photo="large"]7092[/photo] [photo="large"]7093[/photo]

Reactions: Jonni3
Thing is, and I don't know why, but according the Parker's, the s4 cabby was based on the "standard" body with no options, and then the customer added what they wanted. http://www.parkers.co.uk/audi/a4/cabriolet-2001/specs/

The s line and then sport have the added options as standard.

My s4 had the lowline steering module, where as others don't.

Guess mine didn't have the armrest added :wtf:
But yeah, I do agree, why not just add all bells and whistles and say here ya go, the most expensive model has everything!

Edit: £540 for genuine fitted armrest with leather from a 3rd party company... a lot for resting my arm lol

Oh dear. Silly idea to base the S4 on 'standard' body. Furthermore..silly previous owner for NOT wanting an armrest! That shouldnt even be a question.

Dealer: Would you like a steering wheel sir with your car?
Purchaser: Yes please, that would be handy!

:p

Jeez, for £540..I think i'll pass! lol

Reactions: mattmanwrx
Well I got the old boat back from the bodyshop after having a new wing and front end respray among other bits, fitted the newly refurbished wheels and power fold mirrors:

Stood back, looked at it and decided that dark wheels are not for me.

Went out for dinner with the better half and saw this:
View attachment 95626
Collect Monday.

Good work on the Avant Matt. Nice. Yes agreed, black wheels dont suit every car in the world :p

Nice compact A-class too, good going.

Fitted my freshly painted 'MS/Vortex' roof spoiler.
cd69832fdc07a870b342d5e898557b38.jpg

d14c74caf23cb8d64729676b933c54b2.jpg
48cab8a95e81578d38aec16edc8993eb.jpg

Reactions: Welshquattro, Dubbers1, sumo and 1 other person
Good work on the Avant Matt. Nice. Yes agreed, black wheels dont suit every car in the world :p

Nice compact A-class too, good going.
The wheels will be going back for a colour change but I will wait until it needs new front tyres, looking forward to Monday and collecting the Merc. I looked at so many overpriced low spec Audis that the Merc turned out to be the far better buy. The Avant will stay but to be honest won't do much.

Reactions: DrStrange
Today, I changed the boot screen on my rns-e in the s4. Found out you can have the s4 boot screen, so why not.

IMG 20160701 132152

Reactions: DrStrange, Jonni3 and SemedoB6