What have you done to your A4 b6 today?

Done..
Only need tires fitted...
98635356cee4a81eadc855d146639755.jpg

Reactions: Majic
They look great

Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk
Thanks

If you get close to them, all the flaws are unveiled..
But at normal distance they are alright.. I'm pleased.. Cost me around 220£ to do all four..

Gave 100£ for the acid stripping of the barrels..
Then some different sandpapered and paint, primer, clear, loctite, silicone, polishing kit and most important, the joy of DIY

Got some new sport shocks fitted to the Audi as it had been feeling a little erratic when I pushed it hard.

The original shocks are 12 years old and 70k miles.......and were not leaking but DEAD!

The piston on all of them just did not push itself out when comparing to the new ones, so glad I changed them out

96befb754e8f93e067ec915b57f7b721_zpsuuqmagqn.jpg

Reactions: Wahlstrom
Just washed dried and waxed the car :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Welshquattro and Wahlstrom
Just washed dried and waxed the car :(

At least the rain won't stick to the car...
Love the look of a newly waxed car that has been rained on... Those small water pearls... Beautiful

Reactions: Hasa3 and Greeny233
Fitting colour DIS hopefully! Had a saved search on eBay for about 5 years then it came up, a colour dis cluster from a 2004 1.8. Epic! Only 70 quid too

Reactions: Hasa3
Nice, but you will need to disable your immobiliser as it is built into the cluster and then virginise it..........not an easy plug and play, but keep us posted.

Nice, but you will need to disable your immobiliser as it is built into the cluster and then virginise it..........not an easy plug and play, but keep us posted.

Shark Performance will do it - they can do the SKC retrieval etc and IMMO swap :)

Reactions: Hasa3 and Northampton_ofn
MOT on the S4 today, passed with flying colours

Reactions: Welshquattro
After all went wrong last week turbo went
I have fitted new turbo new oil feed pipe new tandem pump new oil new coolent all on my drive took car for a drive really happy man runs sweet

Here's a pic of my car before s4 blades fitted will get pic tomorrow if wether ok with blades fitted

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 159
Got my custom catback exhaust done finally with 2x 200 cell cats replacing the post cats. Sounds amazing, albeit a little too effin loud!! Hahah, may pay another visit in a couple months and add a pair of resonators

Got it done at EMP performance in St. Albans. Great people over there!!

Piccy's below and video link as I can't upload video via tapatalk app

https://www.dropbox.com/s/is61t310sjzotzg/2016-04-26 16.53.01.mp4?dl=0

Uploadfromtaptalk1461714330834
Uploadfromtaptalk1461714363151
Uploadfromtaptalk1461714374868

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Greeny233
Got my custom catback exhaust done finally with 2x 200 cell cats replacing the post cats. Sounds amazing, albeit a little too effin loud!! Hahah, may pay another visit in a couple months and add a pair of resonators

Got it done at EMP performance in St. Albans. Great people over there!!

Piccy's below and video link as I can't upload video via tapatalk app

https://www.dropbox.com/s/is61t310sjzotzg/2016-04-26 16.53.01.mp4?dl=0

View attachment 89360View attachment 89361View attachment 89362

Nice! I'm thinking of going to emp to get my zorst made. Just need more sound from my v8. Did they do it while you wait or you left the car there overnight?

I don't want it too loud though, so will go for resonators, may leave the cats in though. Just out of interest, how much (approx.) did you pay?

Nice! I'm thinking of going to emp to get my zorst made. Just need more sound from my v8. Did they do it while you wait or you left the car there overnight?

I don't want it too loud though, so will go for resonators, may leave the cats in though. Just out of interest, how much (approx.) did you pay?
Defo get it done mate, it will blow your mind away and make you love your car even more .

They do it while you wait , ring them up and they'll book you in. Mine took around 6 to 7 hours ish but that's because they did the two post cats as well. So probably take 4 hours. I sat upstairs in their waiting room watching rush hour 1 (or was it 2) on repeat twice in a row as it was the only dvd in the room. Theres coffee shops etc across the road.

I paid £1096.50 for the custom exhaust including the two cars. Custom all the way

And yes defo get resonators. The guy asked me how loud do you want it. I said loud () and he said it's gonna be pretty loud. I said that's fine by me. I was expecting it to be mediocre as I didn't know naturally aspirated cars would sound this loud with catback. Ive had cat backs on a golf mk5 gti which sounded good and not loud (turbo difference I think) .

This sounds monstrous, but I think I made a good choice going for the loud option. Now I know I can go quieter later down the road.

next step to prep, paint rear S-line valance and paint those two parking sensors

Reactions: mattmanwrx
Oops forgot to mention, my post cats were bad which is why I got them done. I'll be getting the pre cats done when I go back for the resonators, which apparently is a difficult job for the pre cats. Once I've saved up enough that is :)

First time ever I gave my car a full detail. Started at around 11am and finished at 5pm!

Gave the car a hoover inside, then used my 15year old (sitting in the garage) 'VAG' interior cleaner do wipe just about everthing on the interior of my cabby. The result was amazing. It gives a matt finiish on the plastic panels exaclty the same as a brand new car.

Then moved onto the exterior,

1. Rinsed car
2. Washed car with microfibre mitt and tripple wax car wash
3. Dried with chamois cloth
4. Used clay mitt and auto glym rapid detailer as lubricant.
5. Rinsed off
6. Washed again (haha)
7. Dried with chamois once more
8. Applied Dodo Wax 'light fantastic' panel by panel all over the car.
9 Buffed off by hand with a microfibre cloth.

The result was unreal!! The pictures do not do justice!

I was a sceptic before and never again :)

IMG 2452
IMG 2449

Reactions: Hasa3
First time ever I gave my car a full detail. Started at around 11am and finished at 5pm!

Gave the car a hoover inside, then used my 15year old (sitting in the garage) 'VAG' interior cleaner do wipe just about everthing on the interior of my cabby. The result was amazing. It gives a matt finiish on the plastic panels exaclty the same as a brand new car.

Then moved onto the exterior,

1. Rinsed car
2. Washed car with microfibre mitt and tripple wax car wash
3. Dried with chamois cloth
4. Used clay mitt and auto glym rapid detailer as lubricant.
5. Rinsed off
6. Washed again (haha)
7. Dried with chamois once more
8. Applied Dodo Wax 'light fantastic' panel by panel all over the car.
9 Buffed off by hand with a microfibre cloth.

The result was unreal!! The pictures do not do justice!

I was a sceptic before and never again :)

View attachment 89493 View attachment 89492

I hope it was a two bucket method. I'm not a fan of the clay mitt, I like to clay with a bar.

I wash my car once a week, as it is black and needs a fighting chance. Since getting the Audi I do feel it needs to be clean. Post pics in the detailing forum. Tell them your experience. They can give you advice etc. Now that protection is on the car, give it a quick wash once a week and it will be gleaming all the time!!

Oh, and get some decent pre wash. I like snow foam (cos it is so fun and people going past love to stare), but many people are moving onto the citrus pre wash.

If you need any pointers in anything, ask in the detailing thread, or I'm always happy to help.

PS, this is my detailing bag. Love me some purple velvet shampoo and some extreme gloss. No polish on there, don't believe in polishing unless it is absolutely needed.

Attachments

• IMG_20160329_161806.jpg
    IMG_20160329_161806.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 118
  • IMG_20160304_133228.jpg
    IMG_20160304_133228.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 128
  • IMG_20160304_133217.jpg
    IMG_20160304_133217.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 165
  • IMG_20160304_133211.jpg
    IMG_20160304_133211.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Reactions: DrStrange and Hasa3
Thanks Matt,

I must admit, your finish is fantastic! Thats a showroom finish! :)

Yes, I have posted up in the detailing section before (prior) of how i got my roof clean to mixed response. But helpful nontheless.

I remember wathing your time lapse vid on washing your car...looked awesome.

With regards to the clay mitt..i opted for the mitt and not the bar as I was feeling lazy and didnt want to have to turn the bar over and over again. Instead, with the mitt I got, you just need to rinse it off with water after say each panel. No residue left on it.

Need one of those detailing bags in my life haha

Thanks Matt,

I must admit, your finish is fantastic! Thats a showroom finish! :)

Yes, I have posted up in the detailing section before (prior) of how i got my roof clean to mixed response. But helpful nontheless.

I remember wathing your time lapse vid on washing your car...looked awesome.

With regards to the clay mitt..i opted for the mitt and not the bar as I was feeling lazy and didnt want to have to turn the bar over and over again. Instead, with the mitt I got, you just need to rinse it off with water after say each panel. No residue left on it.

Need one of those detailing bags in my life haha

Yeah, I'm very lazy lol, still don't like the mitts though. If you're gonna do it, do it properly!! Lol.

And thanks, the day after I got that finish, I did 120 miles on a rainy motorway, it then looked like the below attached pics. Just meant I got to wash it again! :friendly wink::yahoo:

The bag (with most of the contents) was bought off a friend, all half price. The bag is the "detailing bag 2" which autobrite direct sell. Most of my products are autobrite direct.

I love washing my car lol! Also helps that there is no roof to do lol

IMG 20160306 141926
IMG 20160306 141942

Reactions: DrStrange
She's still on 0, needs to get me 3 miles in morning(pay day) to petrol station lol

Finally:
0ff9c54462a029f29e428bc388011972.jpg
fa46933bf3aeeddf2d73aa30ee2467a0.jpg
94ac18156e8fb4582f93033199a39758.jpg
c9decef5784965ff9e447cace05b12fa.jpg
464ad4ad8b3d576cbbb39f8cd50c102a.jpg

Washed and rinsed the inner liners in the wheel wells while changing wheels... Very dirty..

So is the car now

New project awaits

Last edited:
Reactions: Welshquattro, Hasa3, DrStrange and 2 others
Yeah, I'm very lazy lol, still don't like the mitts though. If you're gonna do it, do it properly!! Lol.

And thanks, the day after I got that finish, I did 120 miles on a rainy motorway, it then looked like the below attached pics. Just meant I got to wash it again! :friendly wink::yahoo:

The bag (with most of the contents) was bought off a friend, all half price. The bag is the "detailing bag 2" which autobrite direct sell. Most of my products are autobrite direct.

I love washing my car lol! Also helps that there is no roof to do lol

View attachment 89508 View attachment 89509

Haha not lazy if you like to wash your car yourself is what I say! Ive never used a clay bar, just the mitt so far. Smoooooth as glass as Meguires always say 100x per video.

oh dear, reminds me of when i wash the car and its stsrts raining! Im like!:wtf:?!

Thanks for the info RE: detailing bag!

Yes.. the roof is an absolute b*stard to do. However ive done it throughly so hopefully it wont flare up again as bad as when i bought it.

Love a previous owner who has no clue about car care :p

Reactions: mattmanwrx