What have you done to your A4 b6 today?

krisavant

Reaction score
Seen this on past forums and not noticed a thread like this on here.
Basically whatever you have done to your b6 today stick it up on here. Washed it, fixed it, modded it, looked at it, took it somewhere...so on.
Anyone??

Left her in a car park for the week as I'm working away from home, hoping to come back with it still in one piece :sadlike:

Started to strip the tailgate I got off Quattrojames and started to replace the buttons on my aircon controls.

Bought a new bonnet, some painted side sills from another member,finished painting my door blades,new front bumper lower, new spot lamps and some new bulbs from trups.

Busy times :)

Drove it to work and back..

These came in post today though, will fit tomorrow in daylight.

Not so sure about the "carbon fibre" holders though, will need to see them on the car.

20140318 144044
20140318 144107
20140318 214156

Washed it, replaced some of the vacuum hoses (the ones down to the N75 are a PITA!) and attempted to Mr Muscle the turbo.

Ripped apart my already knackered headlights,got the projector lense out. Hoping to mod it to the fog lights.

Reactions: Welshquattro
Fitted hard plastic load liner cargo net and a new set of wheel stud caps.

Looked at it, drove it to B&Q then swore at it lots as i have developed a ****** rattle from the boot area!!

Reactions: ruffrida
Left her in a car park for the week as I'm working away from home, hoping to come back with it still in one piece :sadlike:

I hate when I have to leave my car somewhere random for a week or so. :(

When I recently bought my b5 I had to go on holiday about 3 hours after I drop eat home. I was so gutted that I had to leave it on my drive all lonely.

As for my b6, nothing done on it in a while. I occasionally walk past it on the drive and glare in and look at its sorry state as my wife neglects the interior more and more. Women!!

Reactions: JohnStan725 and ruffrida
Yesterday I replaced a section of wiring to the rear lights.
The car had a tow-bar at somepoint, who ever fitted the electric hookup decided it would be a good idea to scotch-clip into the loom just before the rear lights - meaning over time the wiring has become damp.etc and finally corroded the wire.

Only thought I had a bulb out too! lol

Got it sideways on the way to work :scared2:

Reactions: Welshquattro and ruffrida
serviced car yesterday changed from 5w30 to 5w40 and fitted the large oil filter from transporter, took just shy of 4l, ordered complete set of interior lights and main/dip/sidelights from turps will have pictures once fitted, today im going to tackle the condensation in my headlights

nothing today yet, if it's still dry when i get home, i'm gonna have a shot at replacing the drivers window regulator as a cable snapped :(

Filled it with tools and sat in traffic for a stupid amount of time in high Wycombe.
If you asked last week, I changed its broken aux belt tensioner, was quite a satisfying job.

IMG_20140313_125006026.jpg

IMG_20140313_112127264.jpg

Last edited:
Yep this is where i got them.
Wont be putting them on til saturday prob as workin all week but will stick up pics wen done.

Look forward to pictures as this is a job i'l be doing soon.

Today i found these buttons on my drivers door.
I dont have a manual and couldnt find an online one. Anyone know what these do? I assume its to do with the alarm?

20140319 22083820140319 220838

it's past midnight so here goes, In the morning getting -40mm apex springs fitted all round, new rear drop links and anti roll bar bushes, can't handle wallowing around on SE springs any longer.

Reactions: ruffrida