What have you done to your A4 b6 today?

This

3297B494-4272-46E7-B244-870104A2FBFB_zpsjxpwkdim.jpg

Not quite lol ........Ski hatch install and this is the plate cut out of the back seat panel

Discovered that my drivers side front quarter panel has been badly resprayed :(. Started bubbling up around the arch. I had my suspicions!

A brand new MOT after it failed on a tyre,new tyres fitted so all sorted........no advisories so happy!

where do is start inlet striped n cleaned turbo cleaned all intakes offand foil heat wrapped and oem twinter cooler half refitted only to discover ive managed to mislay a boost hose opps

Mine too! Deffo needs sorting soon. A few of my mates have commented on it.

Sucks man! I had my suspicions, then I noticed a new bit of bubbling today! What do you recon the costs are? New wing (I can see some rust on the inside) or just a respray?

Sucks man! I had my suspicions, then I noticed a new bit of bubbling today! What do you recon the costs are? New wing (I can see some rust on the inside) or just a respray?

I don't think it's a poor manufacturing issue owing to the plastic inner wing having a smooth finish and the other three have a flocked finish. Probably had a minor shunt at some point!

I don't think it's a poor manufacturing issue owing to the plastic inner wing having a smooth finish and the other three have a flocked finish. Probably had a minor shunt at some point!

Ah well, it'll need seen to soon. Ill probably get the sills done at the same time, not that they are particularly in a bad condition or anything!

Today I felt some strange left to right movement, heard a noise like a flat tyre and felt wobbling. Got home thinking argh please don't tell me I need a new tyre, around 3/4 tyres were much lower than they should be so all were pumped to a fairly high psi, took her out for a spin again and SO GLAD I took the second trip because wobbling was still there and now a squeaking along with the shake. Turns out the wheel nuts were coming loose :scared2: all tight now.

Today I felt some strange left to right movement, heard a noise like a flat tyre and felt wobbling. Got home thinking argh please don't tell me I need a new tyre, around 3/4 tyres were much lower than they should be so all were pumped to a fairly high psi, took her out for a spin again and SO GLAD I took the second trip because wobbling was still there and now a squeaking along with the shake. Turns out the wheel nuts were coming loose :scared2: all tight now.

What type of spacers did you fit?

2 replacement rear coil springs and bump stops fitted after discovering both of mine were snapped and bump stops had about 1" left. New undertray has arrived aswell as my twin exit rear bumper. Bonnet has gone walkies though,received a gearbox from seller instead so hopefully that can be sorted and it arrives undamaged but im now doubtful.

Hopefully not, they've got longer locking bolts too so think it was just a case of rubbish bolts or a rubbish bloke putting them on (me haha).

well between the massive rain showers i swapped my front snub mount today for the rs4 version now my old one was ****ed big time u could pick chunks out of it after fitting this the difference is massive car goes into gear easier and no knock when i reverse witch is why i replaced the mount in the 1st place so well happy!!

few pics:

and one with it stripped down:

i had heard a few stories about people struggling to fit the rs4 mount so i come up with an idea boiled one kettle poured water into pan left mount in it for 5 min to gte it nice and soft added a bit lube (washing liquid) witch resulted in it going on so well u punched the lower block (ouch)

so im happy with how it went on :)

Reactions: DieselJake
Plans for this weekend……
1. Remove Mk1 RNS-E and replace with MK2 unit (after swapping faceplates)
2. Install new bluetooth module
3. Winter wheels off and newly refurbed RS6's (18") on…
4. Fit electric/heated front RS4 seats
5. Major service (if I have time)
6. Clean the damn thing…..

sounds like your be a busy bee this week end lucky the weather should be nice this week end and u get extra hour on sunday too!

Filled up with diesel this morning along with third dose of Rhino. 45 mpg as opposed to 42 mpg on last fill up. Still pulling hard - love it! Been working in Leicester this week so giving it the beans on the M6 toll!

Reactions: barkclark
iv cleaned mine and given it a quick coat of wax to hot to play now!!!!!!! (WTF hot!!!)

New foglights fitted then full clean,washed and waxed....its silver though so doesn't really look much different:kissmyrings:

Last edited:
Filled up with diesel this morning along with third dose of Rhino. 45 mpg as opposed to 42 mpg on last fill up. Still pulling hard - love it! Been working in Leicester this week so giving it the beans on the M6 toll!

45 mpg is that on a t standard oe no mods also standard fuel not vp or ultimate

45 mpg is that on a t standard oe no mods also standard fuel not vp or ultimate

just wanted a comparison i run 115pd with a chip tuning box piper x panel filter all pipes air inakes heat wrapped allways use vpower my mpg @ 60mph is 65mpg @ 30mph any thing from 60-90mpg on standard derv its ****e so much less mpg

Today I got some tyres fitted to my new summer alloys. Will ring my insurance company Monday to make sure they are happy and then fit them!

They are A5 Speedline alloys 18" 8.5j ET29, with some Michelin Pilot Sport 225/40/18 92Y XL tyres on them. The haven't been refurbed as they are in pretty good nick and are OEM anthracite grey.

Uploadfromtaptalk1396125432921

Today I got some tyres fitted to my new summer alloys. Will ring my insurance company Monday to make sure they are happy and then fit them!

They are A5 Speedline alloys 18" 8.5j ET29, with some Michelin Pilot Sport 225/40/18 92Y XL tyres on them. The haven't been refurbed as they are in pretty good nick and are OEM anthracite grey.

View attachment 30354

Snap! Look nice in anthracite!
You got the spigot rings?

Changed the oil & filter, also changed the fuel filter on my 1.8t.

Oil was in a state and so was the fuel filter. Doubting that the last oil change was done when it was stamped in the book!

Snap! Look nice in anthracite!
You got the spigot rings?

Yep, in fact I have 2 sets, had ordered one set and the guy I bought them off gave me a set too!

Kris, I 'might' have used some of your info regarding the tyres and fitting etc, thanks. ;-) My Avant is a bit of a workhorse for diy (got a few projects on round the house and garden) so gets loaded up, kept the tread narrow to 225 to keep any scrubbing specifically at bay at the rear......

The Michelin's have a hell of an alloy rim protector so both inner and outer are set well back.

Think I need to start a project thread of my own......

Reactions: krisavant
Cleaned the MAF sensor with halfords contact cleaner. Wow instant difference!

WP 20140330 001

Does this sensor benefit from being cleaned?

Reactions: A4hybrid