What have you done to your A4 b6 today?

cleaned car today and finally got round to fitting my alcantara trims and engine covers!!
Audi engine
Audi interior2

Tidy!!
You beat me to it with the trim.ive got blue lol,just aint got round to it yet.was going to get the doors done aswel and keep an eye out for the blue suede seats.

Your oil cap doesnt look right.double check it!

Looks good. Been thinking of doing mine also in a medium grey to match the centres on my sline seats.

Is the stuff you got foam lined or not on the back?

It does have a thin back liner to it. It's left over expensive stuff had left over from customers car. He bought it and didn't want the rest of it. It's very easy to use and stretchy. All stuck with a contact adhesive I got off a trimmer friend.

Had my car the 2nd day and all the joys and horrors of owning a B6 A4 1.8T S-LINE have started already.

Today drove the car, came parked up and went to mates house and parked up, went to move off and emission control system light flashes keeps coming on and going away. Shuddering in 2nd and 3rd. ECS light stays solid. Get car home call AA and they diagnosed a with a failing coil pack lol only had the car less that 48 hours, in addition to 2 all ready just been changed start of this month. Its all well now! Happy Days!!!

^^^^^they are well know for it.renew the lot and keep a spare in the boot :audibash:

Welcome!!!

Well Well, I defo going to be keeping one spare in the boot!!! I called West London Audi today, and thought I'd find out if there are any recalls outstanding on my car. They said they have a recall for an ignition coil, no is that the same as a coil pack?

They did a recall on some b6's for the coil packs. I had mine done two years ago and they fitted all new coil packs to mine so it could well be.

It's been dropped of today at West London Audi. Great customer service. Going to check the ignition coil, do a health check and a full valet.
Wish the coil pack which went on last Sunday didn't as the Audi would now have replaced it FOC. I did tell them, they told me to contact Audi UK maybe they will offer a refund.

screen-shot-2015-05-11-at-20-09-45-copy-jpg.58130

Not today but had a full unresonated custom cat back installed a few weeks ago getting ready for the hybrid turbo upgrade :)

Reactions: THQuattro, DrStrange, Welshquattro and 2 others
Picked up a NS rear light from scrappy for 20 pounds as my old one had a crack in it. Replaced fuse for ciggy lighter so now I can power up m sat nav. Also managed to run the amp wire cable from battery to the back of the boot. Whilst I had the glove box out I also tried to fix the hinge on glove box, bot going to fashion up a metal bracket to fix it.

tomorrow will be splicing rear pre outs and amp control cable from rear amp and connect to after market amp! Finally get some bass back in my life!

Gave a Fiesta Sanitary Towel (ST) a good spanking, he was nowhere to be seen at 125mph, i also had to back of, as my ears were starting to bleed from the constant moaning from the wife to be lol

Reactions: Ro55, Welshquattro and barkclark
Use a flat screwdriver and towel so you dont mark bumper lift the end up and pull I broke couple tabs on rear side once all the crap is cleaned underneath I fitted trim tape to make sure it fitted back in place without moving

The German bomber took a hit during a recent trip through Normandy and lost a bit. Didn't fancy the 400 mile drive home without it so botched this together.

Reactions: DrStrange
After giving Alicia (gt4) lots of attention lately I thought I should show some tlc to the Audi so two new Pirelli tyres up front. I'll push her through the carwash tomorrow.

Reactions: DrStrange
Started to run my loom for electric seats this afternoon .. Seats out centre console out .. Finish it of tomorrow

Amp thing? I've got a non Bose system kept in the standard OE amp to run system as normal, but I spliced into the high level input connections from the wire going into the OE amp, linked that into a hi/lo converter with a RCA pre out and connected that into my aftermarket amp to run my aftermarket sub.

I also gave the car a full detail today, prewash, clayed the car, washed again, megs stage 1 paint clean, polished, sealant protection then two coats of wax!!! I'm pooped now lol!!!! Paint is now as smooth as glass, but I also found blemishes and the odd surface rust which needs to be sorted!

Got my RDX splitter fitted today after being sat in the spare room for 5 months :D

DSC 0008

Reactions: THQuattro and Ro55
Well the "howling banshee" wheel bearing noise has now gone, fitted new o/s/f bearing.......was a bit of a job as we had no press, but got there in the end.

The German bomber took a hit during a recent trip through Normandy and lost a bit. Didn't fancy the 400 mile drive home without it so botched this together.

Geez, i couldn't tell the difference! :tongueclosed:

Just kidding..good work!

screen-shot-2015-05-11-at-20-09-45-copy-jpg.58130

Not today but had a full unresonated custom cat back installed a few weeks ago getting ready for the hybrid turbo upgrade :)

Looking super mate! Would like to hear a sound bite of this if you ever had the time. Im going 3' Downpipe De-cat, no middle resonator and slim back boxes. Heard some pretty awesome 1.8ts with a similar set up.

Kinda excited your going the hybrid turbo route. Are you going to keep the internals stock?

Dan.

I'd be **** scared of smashing that to bits.

Looking super mate! Would like to hear a sound bite of this if you ever had the time. Im going 3' Downpipe De-cat, no middle resonator and slim back boxes. Heard some pretty awesome 1.8ts with a similar set up.

Kinda excited your going the hybrid turbo route. Are you going to keep the internals stock?

Dan.

Haha yeh would be an expensive thing to smash up. Air ride is on the cards just house comes before the car atm :D Not by my decision may i add!

And yes I did have a video on youtube but the go pro didnt pick up the deep tone very well atal so will do another one at some point and post it up.

Anyway gave it a clean today and hoon about in the nice weather.

DSC 0010

Apart from the sline steering wheel fit yesterday eve, I have also done a brake fluid change and bleed the clutch also.....and by doing the clutch, it has also cured the crunchiness that I sometime get from 2nd to 3rd gear so very happy with that.

The fluid coming out from the clutch bleed nipple was not pleasant looking at all.

041E7E77-E949-4EF9-AEFE-28FEAC47B5A6_zpsk6psgfqs.jpg

Could hear it in a straight line up to about 60mph seemed to lessen above that. When I took the wheel off & spun the hub you could hear/feel how rough it was!

See I'm having droaning sounds coming through every time the wheel turn to the right at motorways speeds is or even at say 30mph seems more louder at the wheel is turned more. The drone sounds seems to fade in and out soon as the wheel straigtens it either lessens or turn left goes away. Don't know if it a wheel bearing or some kinds of control arm. looked underneath and nothing seems out of place, wheel bearings have no play at and on turning wheel can hear anything, maybe noise coming only when under loads i.e. speed of weight???

Mechanic has said keeps driving until a fault becomes more pronounced as other wise I would just throwing parts at it.

I have noticed that I hear like a rubbing noise inside cabin when turning the wheel slowly, sure if its like a some kind of control arms making that noise.

Any ideas?